Newbie's Guide to Archer-ism!

Options

Comments

• Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Very nice guide :) im not a noob but im a noob archer lol and now i know most of my skills ive been leveling are pretty useless b:surrender but anyways i do the build u suggest so thats cool and now i no what skills to level so ty very helpful guide to newbie's and noob archers :)
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How does an archer heal themsleves with spark?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Advanced Spark Eruption heals 10% of health.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That is only 10% what about the rest?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That's it.

Archers cannot use spark to heal themselves effectively within a single battle.

The idea is that the archer don't get hit often in PvE grinding. If they do get hit, they can double-spark and continue grinding. Their health will not be full, but that's okay, b/c they usually will not take further damage.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What about heavy magic dmge or do you wear meg def shards?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Adv. Spark recovers 10% like Elenacostel mentioned.

Demon Spark recovers 20% hp. I assume the same for Sage Spark.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What about heavy magic dmge or do you wear meg def shards?

No, we don't heal during battle. We heal after a battle.

Example:

- Fight against Mob 1. Take up to 30% damage. This happens occasionally. Mob 1 dies.
    - Heal with double-spark. Life is now at 80%. Kill mob 2 with the double-spark. Take no damage because we usually kill before they reach us.
    - Fight against Mob 3. Take no damage because we usually kill before they reach us.
    - Fight against Mob 4. Take no damage because we usually kill before they reach us.
    - Fight against Mob 5. Take no damage because we usually kill before they reach us.
    - Fight against Mob 6. Take no damage because we usually kill before they reach us.
    - We've regained enough chi. Double-spark to heal. Life is now at 90%. Kill mob 7 with the double-spark. Take no damage because we usually kill before they reach us.
  • AzuristSky - Lost City
    AzuristSky - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dont get mind but your character is crushed if u dont have a Fix build
    better get pure ( 4 dex 1 str ) but if i were in your place..i would make another character...a perfect character...better to have a good Archer with low lvl thanx Bad archer with high lvl...listen my advice...when mobs get close to you...your dmg is 50% off...so take Fists...cuz u have dex and big Critical Rate....i hope i helped:D
  • AzuristSky - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dont get mind but your character is crushed if u dont have a Fix build
    better get pure ( 4 dex 1 str ) but if i were in your place..i would make another character...a perfect character...better to have a good Archer with low lvl than Bad archer with high lvl ..this is the best way.....listen my advice...when mobs get close to you...your dmg is 50% off...so take Fists...cuz u have dex and big Critical Rate....i hope i helped:Db:victoryb:bye
  • AzuristSky - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ah wrong topic:))
  • Ophanim - Dreamweaver
    Ophanim - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Very helpful information for me starting an archer. Thank you very much.
  • divinicus
    divinicus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Magic is what helps you fly and string combos <,,<

so yeah, you don't know everthing about Archers

without being able to string together the skills into long combos
    Archers are really stuck and suck
    since you can't use that many skills one after another (at least for many levels)

and get the Magic up high enough
    and the FLY meter only goes down when you fight while flying (~20)

~_~_~_
    i prefer to be an individual
    And, not a cookie cutter mold
    b:shy
    ~_~_~_
    Purist Archers are only good for putting [+crit%] arrows on
    and having them used focused & small combos

Frost and Knockback

sorry, but i like being able to use ALL of my skills in unique and interesting ways

otherwise i would just be another you playing the game

I AM ME~b:bye
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Is this sarcasm?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Is this sarcasm?

Either that or:
    1) the poster is below level 30
    2) The poster likes to see flashy animations
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Either that or:
    1) the poster is below level 30
    2) The poster likes to see flashy animations

No you guys are noobs and don't understand. Its megasuperzomgpro to sacrifice lots of mp, chi and dps to see big flashy animations and bigger numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No you guys are noobs and don't understand. Its megasuperzomgpro to sacrifice lots of mp, chi and dps to see big flashy animations and bigger numbers.

... But I see MORE big numbers with normal attacks!
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • FayArcha - Dreamweaver
    FayArcha - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Okay, I admit I'm a noob archer before I post this so please, spare me. So far I am a pure, but I am thinking about adding some points into con. I have a couple questions. How many hps does one point in con give? What skills would I be using in later battles to avoid pulling aggro from the tank? Also, can I get a rough estimate of how many hps an archer should have end game to handle a hit from an accidental aggro? Great guide by the way and thanks in advance to any replies.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    - 13.5 HP per point of Vitality.

- To avoid pulling aggro, just wait before attacking. Or, walk up to the target (if you can) and shoot point blank. This halves damage.

- Until you reach lvl 89 and higher, you deal the most damage using normal attacks, due to the higher rate of fire.

- Many archers go Pure Dex, and use Citrine Shards and armor Refines to increase HP.
  • FayArcha - Dreamweaver
    FayArcha - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thanks. I wanted to post that I also found alot of good info on how not to pull in this guide: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=185611
  • deathsoulreaper
    deathsoulreaper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How do archers keep their energy up i seem to be having some toruble with that
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How do archers keep their energy up i seem to be having some toruble with that

By energy, do you mean Health Points, Mana Points, or Chi?
  • iceman000
    iceman000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    bleed and poison skill kick **** plus hp reduec should be lvl at all cost.
    bleed and poison can help lower ppl hp in pvp helps me when i just cant get that last hit in before there hp charm/hiero ticks and hp reduce helps also
  • iceman000
    iceman000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    and one more thing u should put stats on ur mana just alittle up to 24 not every1 is rich so good for ur white wings unless u want to drop out of the sky during fighting and great all around for living.

Also hybrid is good get some vit in ur diet lol cause all dex archers suck on HH runs and other things. just ppl helping kill mobs suck cause they die so fast unless u rich u get ur **** kicked. Just go hybrid its the best thing ever. b:victory
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    iceman000 wrote: »
    and one more thing u should put stats on ur mana just alittle up to 24 not every1 is rich so good for ur white wings unless u want to drop out of the sky during fighting and great all around for living.

Also hybrid is good get some vit in ur diet lol cause all dex archers suck on HH runs and other things. just ppl helping kill mobs suck cause they die so fast unless u rich u get ur **** kicked. Just go hybrid its the best thing ever. b:victory

Or you could spend 5k on a cape with MP regen and have 21 more Dex, which is 1.05% crit. I think. It's 3am and I'm not so good with math when I'm wide awake. XD

I agree with hybrids though, I love my hybrid build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • tinytacohead
    tinytacohead Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm a n00b, so maybe a dumb question, but should you build your Genie's stats on Strength/Dexterity as well, or base it's stats on skills you want to obtain for it etc?
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Strength on a genie's for damaging skills usually, Dexterity is for durational skills, Magic increases Energy regeneration rate and Vitality increases your maximum energy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • tinytacohead
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Strength on a genie's for damaging skills usually, Dexterity is for durational skills, Magic increases Energy regeneration rate and Vitality increases your maximum energy.

Thanks. Yeah, I know what they do. Was asking if it's wise to build an archer's genie on mostly dex/str as well, or if it's better to base their attributes on skills/something else.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that using damage skills with a genie is pointless in PvE, for PvP perhaps there's a plus... but on a mob it's just woohoo, another 1-2000 damage.. I personally use durational skills, useful things. Tangling Mire level 10 with 50 strength on my genie means that I have 8 seconds of dropping the opponent's phys defense by 45%. Frenzy level 10 means I have 8 seconds of giving myself +20% damage in exchange for dropping all my defense and resistances to 0. Holy Path level 6 means I have 4.8 seconds of maximum speed, handy for catching up in instances and such if I lag behind. It's only level 6 because I'm lazy maxing it. And Second Wind level 10 means I get an instant heal of 1620 HP whenever I need it.

Bottom line is, whatever upgrades your genie skills should be put into your genie. Try to find multiple skills that are upgraded with the same stat to be efficient. (Like my Tangling Mire and Second Wind.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • tinytacohead
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ...Bottom line is, whatever upgrades your genie skills should be put into your genie. Try to find multiple skills that are upgraded with the same stat to be efficient. (Like my Tangling Mire and Second Wind.)

Cool, thanks.