Wizard Guide for Newcomers.

Comments

• Innos - Harshlands
    Innos - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok i decided i willl goo on sanctuary server i hope i will find good friends there and a good GUILD.
  • Bobobobobo - Lost City
    Bobobobobo - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol triple post FTW
  • Themos - Dreamweaver
    Themos - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    if i have the hybrid build,
    can i buy the new magic weapons, when they need a certain lvl and atribute points?
    or do i realy need the sam build as light armour buikd?

ty
  • HxCx - Heavens Tear
    HxCx - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the tips!
  • Kalibur - Lost City
    Kalibur - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1 thing grind grind grind..wait thats 3

next thing you know youll own 4 mobs in a row v.v

i can only gank 4 mobs my level though without them leaving my sight alive

im level 91 wizzy
    Below is my Signature dont steal
    b:angry World Domination b:angry
  • elevon
    elevon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I started the game with a wizard and am now at lvl. 59, My greatest complaint is low drop rates.
    A wizard needs to be at such a high lvl to do the spiritual cultivation quests that I can't get building materials any more because my level is to high. I wish the game added higher level monsters that dropped the lower level items. Especially the building materials like Oil and silk thread.
    I think the only way a wizard can beat any boss in the game is with the help of a tank, no mater how high the wizard is. At level 59 I still can't conquer a single dungeon boss in the game by myself.
  • idontthinkso
    idontthinkso Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    hey but is there a way to get a good amount of life out of a wizard that has put nothing up but magic. im level 32 and have 112 magic and only 920 hp how can i get my hp up but still get enough magic to get new weapons what do you guys suggest

great guide by the way

umm if i was you i would go look to see how much magic you need for your next weapon then start adfing vit so you wont be so spuishy i have a lvl 93 wizard and that what i did
  • Useper - Lost City
    Useper - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Nice guide - I'm really impressed with the spell rankings, got some cracking ideas in there nice one.
    Tell me something you're passionate about, so I can belittle it
  • rayv0n
    rayv0n Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for taking the time to put this up for us, Dtone. I had started out with a wizard and after reading your guide, I feel that I'm going to do pretty well once I get to the endgame situation. I've got a ton of patience and pride in my characters when I play, so I feel that this will help me out. I appriciate it, bro!
  • razordarkhardt13
    razordarkhardt13 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Is there away to redistribute the points correctly or do I have to stick with them and go on from there?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    @razordarkhardt13
    item for restating available in Boutique
    better restart a new character, you cant afford to buy gold with ingame coin yet and i bet you dont want to pay real monies for pixel golds
    especially when you can lvl your char much faster once you know how it works

this guide is so old D:

the Autor quit the game or his wizard at the low lvl of 50

i miss a favoring of pure build b:chuckle as our true spirit
    all information seems to be still correct though, unlike Pandoras awful wall of text in color

fits for low lvls and the basic problems as its made by a lvl50, highlvls miss simple information and brag to much

--- flaws here:
    10) Final Thoughts

Wizard is definitely a class to be feared for it's sheer raw power. They're very slow starters, but in the end, they are absolutely amazing and cannot be rivaled by anyone other than another Wizard in terms of damage. I hope you have enjoy using Wizard as much as I do and have a fun time in the game.

this is so wrong xD made me sad b:sad
    i like potato
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pandora's guide was a pretty damn good one for the time it was written, let's give credit where credit is due.
    When high refines became common and ppl started to roll RB like pancakes balance was shifted toward AA. Genies came out and game changed. Extra healing and def was available to AA.
    When anni packs came out , lunar rings, hat, boots, cape, warsong belt and cube necklace, lunar weapons, the LA build endgame was not viable anymore.
    This was an excelent guide, but is so outdated gear wise it actually hurts reading it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ahmed0altabeay
    ahmed0altabeay Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    good
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • blackout22
    blackout22 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thanks a lot dude, I'm downloading the game atm and have been trying to choose between psychic and wizard. After your guide i guess i'll go with wizard :)
  • GetSmacked - Harshlands
    GetSmacked - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This was very helpful thanks so much
  • LadyGibon - Dreamweaver
    LadyGibon - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the info
  • Unknown_Pwr - Raging Tide
    Unknown_Pwr - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Great guide, it's helped me a LOT with my wizard.
  • Dyren - Heavens Tear
    Dyren - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the guide.!
  • beokos
    beokos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:chuckle
  • tmina
    tmina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:victory
  • FuShnickens - Dreamweaver
    FuShnickens - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:victoryAs you can tell by my avatar's pic,I'm only a Lvl 8 wizard atm,.but because of the GREAT info you have posted here,I SHALL be a force to be reckoned with later in this game!! What you have written is priceless for a Mage in this game. I appreciate you putting in the time to post this! Thank you very much!
  • FuShnickens - Dreamweaver
    FuShnickens - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry. I got it mixed up! LOL!!b:chuckle I just discovered I'm not a wizard. Ha!! But this is STILL a great guide FOR a Wizard!
  • dkitten
    dkitten Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Deffinatly the best guide i have read so far =D and hopefully me and my fiance will be able to become 2 of the best and strongest (ok thats hoping too much lol)
  • miuosh
    miuosh Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lets see how this works :D just starting to play and liking the build already
  • Donnessa - Heavens Tear
    Donnessa - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sounds a bit too 'glass cannon' for my liking.

Yes, I agree with this statement on the point that a 9/1 Wizard IS effectively a
    Glass Cannon. Well, mine is anyway. Maybe I'm not leet enough, but dying every now and again doesn't outweigh the UBER huge *Shazzam!* damage I get to do!

19k Crit in a BH51 to a non-boss and with a non-spark, second tier spell (Glacial Snare or Sandstorm, can't remember which)!? Gotta be worth dying the odd time!
  • z76
    z76 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hey, i read the guide at the start, and one other thing that'll work for ppl with red names who don't want to lose their gear, and only if things go bad, Essential Sutra + Town portal, it's not instant, but it's fast enough so it can't be interrupted, i've done it a few times on my old account

Also if you're really worried about being glass cannonerized (<---is that a word?) add vit on until lvl 20 or 30, gives you enough vit to survive a few hits
  • Sanzi - Dreamweaver
    Sanzi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nice guide for anyone but especially for a noob like me. I've tried playing a cleric, an archer and now a wizzy. Wizzy wins for me, although I won't be 100% sure until lvl 20's. b:cute
  • ckragt
    ckragt Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Um, I never played the game before...and I think I got it. Except, how do you get Chi, and how do you regenerate it?
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hi and welcome! =)

You gain chi, typically, by just using a skill. Other ways include using a genie skill to give you chi (eg: Cloud Eruption) or if you are a sage then the sage chi skill Master Li's Technique. Also, venomancers have a skill to pass 100 chi to a friend.

Happy Gamming! ^^
  • Pyro_lord - Sanctuary
    Pyro_lord - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    question what build gets stats high enough for ultimate weps? just unsure if balanced will make it to the requisites.
    It takes skill to be Lord of Fire.
    Even more when they got nerfed.
    And this character is being deleted.
This discussion has been closed.