Wizard Guide for Newcomers.

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    damage loss will be visible already at lvl 40 or so...
    I rolled 1 Full mag wizz and 1 LA to 43 both, and the difference is noticeable. Starts with 100-200/hit and grows to 400-500.
    As the lvl grows so is the dmg diff. U will need 1 or 2 more hits to kill a mob, while you will be hit at least once. This has a number of disadvantages:
    - slower lvling
    - bigger mana consumption
    - bigger cost for HP pots/mana for heal. If u meditate to restore HP and Mana, see point 1.

You're on PvE server, no one will attack you unless u want to. Go Robe, LA on PvE server is a mistake. U can restat at ~75 to go to rebirth, although I completed my first RB at 77 as robe with 2.8k HP and 2.5k pdef unbuffed (3.7 HP and 4.5k pdef full buffed) and I was the only DD.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GunShoT - Dreamweaver
    GunShoT - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im on dreamweawer and i will start pure now isit ok?
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im on dreamweawer and i will start pure now isit ok?
    Yes...............
    Quit.
  • Mage_Chris - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Chris - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why do people write guides before they've even played half the game?

Streaker's guide was trash (I think it was posted as a joke), and this is just lol fodder.

P.s. Seraphim & Mizouni (although mizouni's is too long to take seriously) both have better guides that won't lead to broken mages needing to spend fortunes on restating & leveling up essential skills they skipped... replace please?

Why do people write comments about why others write guides are trash due to them being beginner guides when the title shows that it is a (CLASS) Guide for Newcomers?

Seraphim & Mizouni may have some intricate and advanced class guides (not sure how intricate and advanced, as I have not read them yet), but that doesn't mean that these types of guides are trash.

The purpose of Beginner Guides is solely to give explanations on builds, how many stat points are needed for a specific build, skills and their functions, the usefulness of the skills (in the author's own opinion, I might add), and different effective skill combinations (also in the author's own opinion).

That being said, I think this guide will help me out quite a bit. I am going to attempt my first Mage, and I had no ideas for a build. This guide gave me what I needed, and more, thanks to the skill ideas included.

And with that, I shall start working on my mage.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    DTones is ok up to a certain level. But Miz and seraph's are much better.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Why do people write comments about why others write guides are trash due to them being beginner guides when the title shows that it is a (CLASS) Guide for Newcomers?

Seraphim & Mizouni may have some intricate and advanced class guides (not sure how intricate and advanced, as I have not read them yet), but that doesn't mean that these types of guides are trash.

The purpose of Beginner Guides is solely to give explanations on builds, how many stat points are needed for a specific build, skills and their functions, the usefulness of the skills (in the author's own opinion, I might add), and different effective skill combinations (also in the author's own opinion).

That being said, I think this guide will help me out quite a bit. I am going to attempt my first Mage, and I had no ideas for a build. This guide gave me what I needed, and more, thanks to the skill ideas included.

And with that, I shall start working on my mage.

need any help or u have questions? PM me ingame, I'll help u as much as I can. We're on the same damn server. I can help u with pretty much any issue/question until u reach my lvl.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    damage loss will be visible already at lvl 40 or so...
    I rolled 1 Full mag wizz and 1 LA to 43 both, and the difference is noticeable. Starts with 100-200/hit and grows to 400-500.
    As the lvl grows so is the dmg diff. U will need 1 or 2 more hits to kill a mob, while you will be hit at least once. This has a number of disadvantages:
    - slower lvling
    - bigger mana consumption
    - bigger cost for HP pots/mana for heal. If u meditate to restore HP and Mana, see point 1.

You're on PvE server, no one will attack you unless u want to. Go Robe, LA on PvE server is a mistake. U can restat at ~75 to go to rebirth, although I completed my first RB at 77 as robe with 2.8k HP and 2.5k pdef unbuffed (3.7 HP and 4.5k pdef full buffed) and I was the only DD.

ofc....when u grow lv u will see ur dmg diff more and more is easy to check it becuz the mag works like a amplificator of ur magi atk from items and like everbody knows hight lv have better itens so mag becomes more and more important otherwise while 10hp per vit seems nice at begin it ends in a **** build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryger - Harshlands
    Ryger - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    whats better though? pure magic wiz or a balanced build?
  • Vampirefairy - Dreamweaver
    Vampirefairy - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    One of my friends pointed to this guide and now I read it I actually say this guide sucks sorry to say that -_-'
    edited August 2009
    whats better though? pure magic wiz or a balanced build?

pure magic.....

One of my friends pointed to this guide and now I read it I actually say this guide sucks sorry to say that -_-'

is hard find a good guide and the most of teh guides are stick here dont give new info just the basic...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Beside Seraphim and even Mizouni, this guide is a joke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woyaa
    woyaa Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm sorry, I've only just started considering this server but surely this guide really shouldn't be sticky'ed? I was under the impression that official servers had non-noob members on the forums, but if THIS can get stickyed...
    I managed to hit level 104 on a X5 rates server!
    b:cute
    How you level 101's on X1 can stand it, I don't know b:shocked
    Woyaa|Level 104|Venomancer|Heaven|Heavy Fox
    SpringBud|Level 98|Wizard|Heaven|LA Mage <--Goes to DP
    Lowbie Alts:
    FrostSong|Level 90|Cleric|Heaven|Full Vit Cleric
    IcantPWN|Level 77|BladeMaster|Axe/Fists HA/LA
    X0neX|Level 89|Archer|Hell|Exotic EA (1 Mag each level)
    LaZy|Level 91|Cleric|Heaven|Full Int, retired
    T4nker|Level 8x|Barbarian|Full Con, playing on this one
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This was stickied a looong time ago, not sure if we can but I'd like a mob/admin to remove DTones and the other beginners guide and replace them with Mizu's and Seraph's.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited August 2009
    This was stickied a looong time ago, not sure if we can but I'd like a mob/admin to remove DTones and the other beginners guide and replace them with Mizu's and Seraph's.

b:thanks u are 100% right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this guides ok and im glad to be a wizzy with lvl 60 tt then any other calls with tt. it jsut shows my pride and my hard work even if we dont get awsome **** axes b:sad
    i like pie
  • KimiMai - Sanctuary
    KimiMai - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thank you for this guide.
    Bored now....
  • xrexmax
    xrexmax Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey, i am downloading the game right now...i am definately making a wizard/mage as i usually go them in every game, i have tried perfect world befor and i really liked it b:laugh i will be looking back at this guide when i start playing.
  • eniis
    eniis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i just say that i play with wizard lvl35 and in begining i build hybrid one,but i see its pure ****,becose u cant aford weapon ur lvl and that point to vit later are whaste of them,and i try to make light arm. one after that but mistake cant be prevent,and i say that wiz. are most fragile cllas...if u build pure mag. u will have big truble but later its nuke man nuke,so i build new character wiz. also and i go for light armor,seems like its best...and yea they are rly amaizing for play,not like barb or war. just hek&slash.....
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    xrexmax wrote: »
    hey, I Am Downloading The Game Right Now...i Am Definately Making A Wizard/mage As I Usually Go Them In Every Game, I Have Tried Perfect World Befor And I Really Liked It B:laugh I Will Be Looking Back At This Guide When I Start Playing.
    :o Dude This Guide Is Garbage, Worse Garbage Than Streaker's Guide. Pretend You Never Even Saw This And Start Blind... You'll Probably Roll A Better Character Than If You Followed This Guide.

Go Read pandora's Guide, Or seraphim's Guide If You're Having Questions About Building Your Wizard.

And Mods Please Send this And this To The Lower Depths So That No One Will Ever See Them Again. B:thanks
  • Healerxxxxxx - Heavens Tear
    Healerxxxxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:laughb:victoryb:cuteb:b:angry
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great help here. Thanx!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wizard's Guide for Newcomers

Recommended Spells in terms of Priority

Primary Spells: You'll need these spells to function in the game. Absolutely needed.
    Pyrogram
    Gush
    Stone Rain
    Distance Shrink
    Essential Sutra

Secondary Spells: Level these whenever you can, but never at the cost of a Primary Spell.
    Morning Dew
    Dragon's Breath
    Sandstorm
    Blade Tempest
    Black Ice Dragon Strike

Recommendations: Spells to be considered when there's nothing else to level up but have SP available.
    Glacial Embrace
    Stone Barrier
    Frost Blade
    Manifest Virtue
    Mountain's Seize

Optional: You can grab these out of personal taste, but not at the cost of something important.
    Wellspring Quaff
    Glacial Snare
    Will of the Phoenix
    Force of Will
    Soporific Whisper

End Game: Raise only when everything else needed is raised.
    Fire Mastery
    Water Mastery
    Earth Mastery
    Undine Strike
    Hailstorm

I dont understand something!. Should I finish leveling up the primary spells in this list to their maximun before getting the secondary spells?
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dont understand something!. Should I finish leveling up the primary spells in this list to their maximun before getting the secondary spells?

Yes you should max them asap since they're your primary damage spells. For secondary spells, you can get them to lvl 1 if you have extra spirit/coin.

For Sutra, it has only 1 level. You get it at lvl 59.

Happy hunting.
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • pokerargentino
    pokerargentino Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    atm i have a lv 11 wizard doing 3 maq,1 str,1 vit per lv is that good or should i change it? O.o b:thanks
  • zanockat
    zanockat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    how do i level up my skills like i want to level Pyrogram to level 2 how do i do this?
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    atm i have a lv 11 wizard doing 3 maq,1 str,1 vit per lv is that good or should i change it? O.o b:thanks

You might wanna stop adding vit. I did it too at low level, and I regret and restat it later, cause I lagged damage. 1 str 9 magic every 2 levels will do fine.
    zanockat wrote: »
    how do i level up my skills like i want to level Pyrogram to level 2 how do i do this?

You need to level up to do that. In your skill tree you can see what level you need to be to level any skill. Also you need to have enough spirit and coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kimtee
    kimtee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the guide =)
  • XxyamaxX - Harshlands
    XxyamaxX - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    thank you cause im just now startin a wiz
  • Roansollis - Heavens Tear
    Roansollis - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    very nice guide I will enjoy mymage as much as i do my archer :P
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Okay, read the guide but something SERIOUSLY stumps me...

Why oh why does everyone say to not put anything in Vitality? Surely having a tiny HP total is going to make you the biggest bullseye in the whole of PWI?

Granted there are equips which give HP bonuses, but if you literally put nothing into VIT then how are you supposed to combat opponents with 3000+ HP when you're sitting in triple digits?

Is there some seriously powerful resistance spell we get which renders us nearly untouchable? Is the whole point never to come close enough to get attacked in the first instance? Sounds a bit too 'glass cannon' for my liking.

This really confuses me :/
This discussion has been closed.