[Guide] Barbarian builds & tips

Comments

• DETHBROKER_ - Dreamweaver
    DETHBROKER_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hey I have a lvl2 barb wanted to have double axe, heavy armor and tank!

how many points should I give to each stat on even and odd levels?

Many thanks for you help! b:bye
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hey I have a lvl2 barb wanted to have double axe, heavy armor and tank!

how many points should I give to each stat on even and odd levels?

Many thanks for you help! b:bye

Did you actually read the guide? No?

Go read.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
    edited May 2009
    Did you actually read the guide? No?

Go read.

Yes I have read the guide, twice.

Let rephrase my question if you will,

What is the minimum dex and str for dual axes and heavy armor?

I could not find a guide on them. b:surrender
  • Moros - Harshlands
    Moros - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to put together this guide im just starting my tank build and your info was just what i was hoping to find thanks again
    edited May 2009
    Hi I have a lvl19 tank barb

My stats are str46 vit43 dex17 and mag5 b:shocked

Are they messed up? can it be fixed? Can you tell me how? I dont fully understand the guide
  • Xdethbrokerx - Dreamweaver
    Xdethbrokerx - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    {Deleted by author}
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i must dissagree with never lvling alacrity
    once you have the feel for canceling magic attacks, lvling it for the dmg helps alot with holding aggro, seeing as extra dmg helps hold aggro, mines lvl 10 and i catch most magic attacks

and DETHBROKER_- you are fine on your stats looking good to me :)
  • frosticember
    frosticember Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    awesome guide. thanx for da helpb:victory
  • Corinthiac - Lost City
    Corinthiac - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This is really helpful thanks!
  • Axe_Fury - Harshlands
    Axe_Fury - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What is the best weapon for Barbs? I'm torn between poleaxe and duel axe... although, with duel axe my STR isn't THAT great only 64 at lvl 23.. So what do you like more? Pole, or duel?.. Oh btw... awesome guide.
  • Tollkie - Heavens Tear
    Tollkie - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    just wanted to say very nice guide. New to this game and def wishing i would've read this guide before getting my barb up to 20. sadly not fixable because i was dumping points here and there into magic for more mana well in humanoid form.

though seeing the charts on stat's and how to allocate them depending on weapons and leveling really cleared up alot of things for me. before reading all this i was kinda confused on how things played out at Endgame and higher levels. so really would like to thank all the expericenced folks that chimed in with all the great info. will really help me as i rework the tank
  • rogieburger
    rogieburger Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    can u help me on wat to do? my barb is lvl 45, i haven't got any skils of tiger form except for flesh ream lvl 1 because i thought tiger form was useless. i am very poor (320k!!) and i spent alot of spirit on other skills. any ideas?
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    Umeru - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    can u help me on wat to do? my barb is lvl 45, i haven't got any skils of tiger form except for flesh ream lvl 1 because i thought tiger form was useless. i am very poor (320k!!) and i spent alot of spirit on other skills. any ideas?

I think its the worst idea to abandon tiger skills, It makes us get big potential at tanking, you think it it useless because of damage reduction? You seem to forget that tiger form increases HP, speed and P.DEF to make up for DMG loss, even faster healing. Also, tiger skills > humanoid skills imo. But I don't abandon my humanoid skills. I also heard someone only having tiger skills and only stay in tiger form.

Abandoning humanoid skills make you either slow in grinding or needing DDs to attack for you
    Abandonig tiger skills will make cost high, and a higher risk of death (only by a little bit if CON built and proper gears)

I grind in both forms depending on what mobs i know to kill in which form especially in types

-normal / increased magic defense type of mobs or bosses in worlds (so far) = both / either
    why? Mobs are easy kill regardless, for world bosses, i use tiger to either defend or tank for DDs. Humanoid form to deal damage. I can link both skills (devour and flesh ream + humanoid skills = heaviest DMG... tiger form have a DEF debuff, which is better than humanoid DEF debuff)

-Weak types = both / either
    Why? Obvious reason b:laugh

-Increased attack / sacrifical assualt types = tiger form.
    Why? Their boosted DMG means nothing in tiger form and sacrifical assult have lowest HP which is the second most easy kill. Its too easy for barbs

-Increased life / defense = humanoid form and maybe tiger form
    Why? This is what barbs would hate to fight (definately con build) if i am right, I would like to skip. If the mob is taking so long to kill, I'll use tiger to debuff and make the mob bleed.

-Increased magic attack = tiger form (ofc!)
    Why? alacarty of the beast cancels magic attacks and bosses skills. W/O it, magic based with increased magic attacks WILL KILL YOU.

bonus, earth elemented mobs = tiger buff needed (poison fang) to kill these type of mobs faster and way easier

metal elemental mobs = humanoid skill firestorm needed

This is my experience and common sense, it works very well

parties = depends if you have to tank / subtank or not. Both sides ARE NEEDED REGARDLESS, in FBs or w/e

If you have no tiger skills, get them now or you will cripple at 50+ b:surrender. It makes sense why the two certain tiger skills that dai recomends to max.

@ Dai... You have a really great guide, It helpped me a ton
    I am con built (6 STR, 1 AGL and 3 CON every two LVLs) and following your advice. I plan on being 4x with really good gears (good boost in DEF, HP and MP and high HP/MP recovery) I plan to be a sage barb. People can call me a carebear all they want, I'm only meant to tank and play being a human (err... tiger) shield b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.
  • zychi
    zychi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    am lvl 9 and i want to know how should my stas look like for tank

at my lvl

Vit:?
    Str:?
    Dex:?
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    Umeru - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    zychi wrote: »
    am lvl 9 and i want to know how should my stas look like for tank

at my lvl

Vit:?
    Str:?
    Dex:?

Ok, by math, i think you should have 40 points total. As tanks, should have...

STR: 25-29 [ 5+(20+n) ]
    DEX: 9 [ 5 + 4 ]
    VIT: 17-21 [ 5 + (12+n) ]

I think best axes are duel axes which requires 3 STR every LVL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.
  • rosettastone
    rosettastone Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This guide is well done, but IamNobita's Guide is in the Malasian (English) forum. Could someone post a proper link so that I might read and download it?
  • TruePain - Heavens Tear
    TruePain - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    tyvm for the post i really needed it
    "The best way to see Faith is to shut the eye of Reason."- Benjamin Franklinb:victory

"He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."-Jesus Christb:victory
  • DarkRaymond - Harshlands
    DarkRaymond - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hello, I am level 25 and I got a few questions.

My STR is 62, VIT is 40 and DEX is 23 (MAG is 5). I have 10 attribute points leftover to train. I was wondering if anyone could help me where to put the 10 into..

And also, this person mentioned Combos, and we need MAG to do combos..

If you know what I mean..

b:thanks
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My STR is 62, VIT is 40 and DEX is 23 (MAG is 5). I have 10 attribute points leftover to train. I was wondering if anyone could help me where to put the 10 into..

And also, this person mentioned Combos, and we need MAG to do combos..
    As long as you have enough STR/DEX to use the weapons/armour for your level, then just put any leftover attributes into VIT. You can never have too many HPs!

As for MAG, MAG won't help you do combos, but a mana charm will. I find they last a very long time, even though I grind using almost non-stop skill combos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • takeapoopyonu
    takeapoopyonu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    really good guide!
  • quasipants
    quasipants Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Downloading the game to play now, I always tank, so I knew I was going barbarian even before I saw the character screen. This was a helpful read, thanks a bunch, its nice to see suggested stats by level the whole way up, tons of help, I hate fumbling around with stats.
  • Delai - Lost City
    Delai - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Nice guide tho,but you are mistaken in Dex requirements for axes.Lvl107 Axes require 58dex and not even 62 dex for lvl103 as u wrote.
  • angelofperfection
    angelofperfection Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So i have one question ... the stats that we need to have at lvl 105 should be 314STR 62DEX and 154 VIT? to be 100% tank (PvE)
  • Probobecter - Sanctuary
    Probobecter - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Superb guide! I will definitely refer back to this as advice whenever I need it.
  • Shinobi_ - Lost City
    Shinobi_ - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have to say graet guilde again and like wut should i do with poison fang should i lvl it, lvl till a certain lvl, or max it thanx and plz respond thank you
  • Ariini - Sanctuary
    Ariini - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    my build is 64 vit 175 str 34 dex 7 mag are im tanker then?

I'm sorry but I would have to say no your not, i'm only a noob Barbarian, but my vit is already way higher than yours and i still manage to fill out the requirements for heavy armour. Sorry dude.
  • Ariini - Sanctuary
    Ariini - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I want to thank you for your guide, I may not be very strong yet, but it has already started making my barb a stronger tanker. It was very helpful with all the tips a details.
  • Powpow - Harshlands
    Powpow - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Im going for the tank build and as you can see im on a pvp server, but im just wondering, when is it a good time to stop adding dex and/or str and then just dump the points into vit?

thx for the reply! b:thanks
  • Werebeasts - Sanctuary
    Werebeasts - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm sorry but I would have to say no your not, i'm only a noob Barbarian, but my vit is already way higher than yours and i still manage to fill out the requirements for heavy armour. Sorry dude.

dud your vits to high then if your is higher than 64 at that lvl mines bout 64 im lvl 36 i jsut follow requirments and all but to much vit can lead to not being able to get lvl 60 axes you need a certian amount of dex and str
  • jeebis
    jeebis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have a question about the tanker build

if the str follows the equipment

wouldn't the defense be a bit low? since it's also physical defense?