For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bloodz wrote: »
    omg... now im rly Pissed off :mad:

Please tell me why. If you need to, PM the reasons.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • taylor
    taylor Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    when there be any more beta keys latter on?
  • asd123
    asd123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    How Can I Get A Beta Key Now??
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If, for some reason you can't get a Beta Key somewhere (I think there are some still available - someone else at PWE help me here please), you will be able to get in the Open Beta in a few weeks.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • drakoniuke
    drakoniuke Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    in a week that to long :(
    but whit a beta key I will by able to play perfect world right?
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    all beta keys in MMORPG website are given away not even one (at least now no key left last time I checked) left so if you didn't get before you don't have chance to play closed beta and what admin tryed to say that in open beta you don't need beta key cuz its open for everyone plus characters in closed beta most likely gona get delated so if you lookin just to play game its better you start in open beta hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • niajade
    niajade Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thank for link..

NiaJade
    Yestermoon - SB | Dawnglory
  • nightlily
    nightlily Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ok i don't know if this is related to this topic, but i get to the login screen, i can see and select both servers (pve and pvp ones) but the moment i try and log in it says;

"unable to connect to server"

It was working fine yesturday :(

Oh, and my login's work fine on the website.

Any advice?
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    For those of you still having trouble patching, try this:
    nuno666 wrote: »
    Its not a joke.

I tried to solve it for couple hours now :] and i made it.

Patched like 7 computers right now.

To download patch without problem do THIS:
    enter ur game folder etc.
    C:\pwi\Perfect World International\element\data

DELETE element.data or tasks.data (basicaly u need to delete file that is blocking the download)

start the patcher and chose restart download ...

DONE ^^

GL and HF in game

ps. im not 100% sure about that so comment this plz. 7/7 computers was patched
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aerestela
    aerestela Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Seems I'm not the only one with the "Unable to Connect to Server" problem...

Which means my college isn't blocking it...?
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    They could be... not all server connection problems have the same cause. :)

If your college is blocking traffic through port... hmm... 29000, then that could definitely give you this error.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That port... could the patcher issue be related to that? Ryuuzaki, could you tell me how to unblock that port on my computer, if it's blocked?
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    No luck on the file delete method... sorry, Ryuuzaki!
  • callandor
    callandor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think it might be related.. Though we need the port name and # to unblock it
  • imaginos
    imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I only had partial success with the file deletion method. Elements.data did update after i moved the file out, but then it just snagged on tasks.data. I tried moving that out but the update just freezes on that.
  • lightningshell2
    lightningshell2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    so, i first downloaded this from FilePlanet and it was corrupt, so i went to FileFront, and it extracted through fine, i patched fine, but when i get to log-in, i put my info in and FAIL!, i change password and FAIL! i have my beta key put in, on my account info it says 'beta status accepted' or something along them line. please help me fix, i really want to play!!

thanks
    ~lightningshell
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    It really seems to be stuck on tasks.data... I think everyone with patch issues got stuck on elements.data at some point or another, but most of us have at least been able to reach tasks.data, then nothing.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    callandor wrote: »
    I think it might be related.. Though we need the port name and # to unblock it

Maybe we should bring this to the other thread? The Admins seem to be more active over there.
  • imaginos
    imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This was the first time the update moved past elements.data for me, so it certainly seemed noteworthy at the time. ;) But if tasks.data is as solid a barrier as you suggest, then maybe it was as small a victory as I was fearing. I would attempt to reinstall and then just try the whole thing over again with elements and tasks pre-deleted, to see if that makes any difference, but I greatly fear losing what little ground I've made since this whole beta thing started.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    imaginos wrote: »
    This was the first time the update moved past elements.data for me, so it certainly seemed noteworthy at the time. ;) But if tasks.data is as solid a barrier as you suggest, then maybe it was as small a victory as I was fearing. I would attempt to reinstall and then just try the whole thing over again with elements and tasks pre-deleted, to see if that makes any difference, but I greatly fear losing what little ground I've made since this whole beta thing started.

Yeah, I know what you mean... Each time I reinstalled, I got stuck back on elements.data again for quite a while. Progress is painful so far... but it seems like those of us who have been able to get past tasks.data got into the game after that, for the most part. :/
  • drakoniuke
    drakoniuke Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't get it I wanted to login to the game and it's the same story incorect password or nickname.What on eath is going on whit this game or......I don't know T.T
    But I really what to play this game whay can't I log in?Why!? T.T
  • lightningshell2
    lightningshell2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ok, o i started to download this yesterday. on FilePlanet it took me 5hrs, i waited and when i went to extract, FAIL! said it was corrupt. So i went to FileFront, and got in in 4hrs, SUCCESS! no corruption, go to install and update SUCCESS!! no problems. However, I got to log-in, FAIL!! I changed password, and still FAIL!!!

Can somebody please help me, I played this game on the MY server and loved it, since a US one came out, I figured Id switch. Thanks in advance.

~LightningShell
  • cherrypopper
    cherrypopper Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    does any1 have any suggestions for the patch not working at all?!?! because when ever i start the patch client it just says "Update server connections fails Please try other update server" and i cant even use the verify button either... and i have also fixed my firewall option to make the game an exception aswell it still doesnt work..:(
  • marble
    marble Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    After finding a fix for the buff_str patch problem, I got the game to open. When I try to login, it says "unable to connect to server". My firewall is completely turned off. Any help?
  • ambushmartyr
    ambushmartyr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hi, Uhm a friend of mine is having a very weird situation concerning being banned apparently form Texas location. He is unable to access game and the website to login and change his account without getting a notice that replies with "You are trying to access through a region that is outside our licensed area" or something to that degree.

He then tried to access the game and site to change his password through a proxie and with no success as he is still getting the same thing. He lives in a residential area so no compus, no apartments, so on.

We have went through the list given and still nothing. Hes a duck out of the water and wondering why he was banned, when hes in the USA and no reason for a outside region ban is a bit weird, makes believe this could very well be a bug?

Need some help form staff even if its a "wtf?"! Thanks in return! If you need more nfo feel free to post Im watching this thread carefully!

Additional NFO:

His forum name is Shru
    He couldnt spell hacker, let alone be one.
    He isnt exactly handsome, but hes not ugly either!
    He enjoys long walks on a short leash!
    Turn ons are Games,Virtual women!
    Turn offs are goat fetishes!

If I think of anything else Ill post it!
  • foolrulez
    foolrulez Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    well sry to dissapoint u mate bt it seems that some country IP are blocked and these are the countries that already have their own server like MY so if u are from any country that has her own server u wont be able to play
  • maikeluden
    maikeluden Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    okay you guys can atleast start the updating but keep hanging on the elemnts and tasks data files.. i just get some stupid message that it can't find my update server.. wtf is up with that?:confused:
  • marble
    marble Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wow, this game has given me a lot problems even before I made a character. I hope this thread isn't being ignored; I have had a lot of patience with PWI so far, and I'm about to forget about the whole thing.
  • youngsly
    youngsly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    the servers are just down for the time being u just hav to be patient and wait for them to come back up
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lol servers down did he even chosen server for update there is one called Patch or something like that in update settings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.