For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Comments

• topman
    topman Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just yesterday i saw the countdown at the main page and it was 1day 2hours and so on but y when i return to check tday the time is prolonged and its even increasing??
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    loganpw wrote: »
    For some reason I can't uptade the game. I have poping out all the time this error message saying - File download appear error. Please upload patch, so I could download it from mirror.

I have the same issue. I haven't seen any answers at all... but maybe I'm just being too impatient. The admins/mods are probably all resting from all their hard work! But I still wish we could at least get some word that they're working on the problem or something...
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The Admin are working on the problem. They have posted on this thread doing what they can "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=17251" I guess all we can do is wait and see.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Okie dokie! Good luck to all you guys trying (and failing) to log in, and thank you to the Admins for all of their work!
  • swordtycoon
    swordtycoon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    are the servers up yet ??? because they wernt at 1 am this morning ( i tried to log in ) :confused:
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    are the servers up yet ??? because they wernt at 1 am this morning ( i tried to log in ) :confused:

I think they are now up and probobly you can login in game BUT you have to UPdate client first witch is SHEEESH x_X kinda bugy bottom line is if you finaly update you should able to go in good luck :rolleyes:

EDIT: P.S. I didn't find manuel patch -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • firefail9999
    firefail9999 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i can't seem to connect. I patched before 12:00. I try to log in in game but i timeout. Hope im not the only one with this problem :/
  • judomaster
    judomaster Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i got all the stuff downloaded , its the aug 19th and even when i try to log on its says,
    LINK- wrong acc and pass(wierd)
    also does it open a diff time in england!!!!:mad:
  • dai
    dai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If you succeeded in updating, but get a pop-up about wrong account/password, all you need to do is change your password in the main site of PWi. That's what I did, and I was able to log in-game fine.

However, I still have a problem connecting to the game on my other computer. I wasn't able to update directly from this computer, so I tried manually updating by replacing the entire PW folder with a fully patched version (The game works on my laptop but not on my desktop PC)

Even though my desktop PC now has the latest patch and shows as game version 3, I still cannot log into the server. The server names show, but the status info is blank.. So the problem here is not just the updating, but also connecting to the in-game server.
  • drakoniuke
    drakoniuke Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have a few questions I can't login in the game .but today is rher 19th August so the seerver are already on but what is the problem???
    Do I need a Beta key if so what should I do ,because I have looked and there are no Beta keys left what should I do?
    PLZ HELP!!!! :'(
  • koda
    koda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    When i hit start from the starter menu thing a window pops up with just some random letters and numbers on it that dont mean anything. Like an error window or something. The perfect world starter thingy dies. so i cant even get into the game. what can i do to solve this?
  • tricktia
    edited August 2008
    drakoniuke wrote: »
    I have a few questions I can't login in the game .but today is rher 19th August so the seerver are already on but what is the problem???
    Do I need a Beta key if so what should I do ,because I have looked and there are no Beta keys left what should I do?
    PLZ HELP!!!! :'(

don't think anyone can help ya with no beta keys:(

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n126/rea666/Perfectworldscreen.jpg

Edit: This was link for where you get beta keys before I checked to comfirm no beta keys anymore

http://www.mmorpg.com/betas/perfectworld_beta.cfm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tricktia
    edited August 2008
    Delate this post Admin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dsspark
    dsspark Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    umm ive been waiting on this thing a while ive got my beta key and loggin details and its already getting boring anybody with useful info please post it we are headless chickens trying to log in WHEN IS IT WORKING zzzzzzzzzzz
  • turbulence
    turbulence Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i activated my beta key...but i cant seem to login.
  • joacim
    joacim Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamboo View Post
    hi i have a problem 2 only with patching when i`m trying 2 patch it stopps at Buff_str.txt annyone got a solution for this problem ???

i have also this problem,,,what shall we do?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Here are some common solutions:

1. Have you applied a beta key to your account?
    If you haven't applied a beta key to your account then please check this thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5081

2. Have you changed your password since you registered here on our forums?
    Some users have experienced problems if they've change their password since the start of our forums. This issue has been fixed, however in order for your password to work in-game, simply change your password on our site.

3. Are you using your username or nickname to log into the game?
    You should be using your account name to log into the game, not your forum nickname.

4. Patching issue?
    First check your firewall settings:
    Click start then go to control panel then security center. After the security center box pops up click windows firewall. After that box comes up click the Exceptions tab then the add program button. Once the add program box opens click Perfect World then ok. Then go back to the exceptions tab and look at the list under Programs and Services and make sure the box next to Perfect World is checked. Once its check click ok and try to patch again.

5. Having problems and using Vista?
    If you are running Windows Vista, make sure that you are running the program as an administrator. If you're not sure how to do that, simply right click the shortcut on your desktop and click "Run as administrator".

If the above solutions did not solve your problem, then please post details about your problem here. We are constantly reading your input and relaying the information to our engineering and technical teams. We are doing our best to make sure everyone gets in game. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Here's a whole thread full of information about the patching problem to relay to your "tech teams".

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=17251
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rzx wrote: »
    Here's a whole thread full of information about the patching problem to relay to your "tech teams".

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=17251

Aye we're aware of that thread. ;)

I just wanted to make a sticky to increase visibility and give some other users some basic answers.

Thanks for your help rzx. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    If the above solutions did not solve your problem, then please post details about your problem here. We are constantly reading your input and relaying the information to our engineering and technical teams. We are doing our best to make sure everyone gets in game. ;)

I'm aware of what your intent is with this post. I'm not ignorant. ;)

I just wanted to give you 92 posts of information to relay to those engineers you woke up 8 hours ago so we can get this fixed already. It's getting a tad ridiculous that so many people can't even patch, you would think something like that would have been tested internally before opening the gates to the public.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for the basic fixes, Xarfox. I finally got past elements.data with the firewall fix, but now I'm stuck on tasks.data with the same results as before: "File download appear error" and "Retry?" with a countdown. I downloaded from the MMOsite mirror, I think, and the patcher says game version 1. Hope this helps...

EDIT: I'm also trying the uninstall/reinstall fix. I also remembered something: the first night I installed PW, before the servers were up, it patched just fine and let me start the game. Of course, I couldn't connect to the server, but... The point is patcher worked fine then, and so did the start button.

EDIT2: Okay, I reinstalled just fine and everything, but when I opened the patcher again, it got stuck back on elements.data. T-T Looks like I've regressed...
  • darkgamer
    darkgamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    agh i tried everything you suggested but it doesnt work.i tried changing my password several times and when i type it in and press enter it says

LINK- Wrong Account or Password

and i am signed up for beta

please help
  • locrian
    locrian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Having the same problem, game patched, yet not able to log in...
  • darkgamer
    darkgamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i seem to be having the same thing i cannot log in i am starting to get frustrated
  • bloodtiger
    bloodtiger Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yeah not the only 1 me and my frien are unable 2 log in, it says it's like and we can patch, yet no log in. both of us have keys and live in the UK wot's going on man? D=
  • avengedsoul
    avengedsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i'm having the "element.data patch freeze" and it's driving me crazy! it would be so easy if they just stuck the patch downloads on the site...... please say that's coming soon!!:eek:
  • prothos
    prothos Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You made it farther than me.
    I get to the point to choose the server and nothing happens past that point.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I managed to get to tasks.data again... and it almost loaded completely, but my patcher's still failing. :( I'm gonna cry...
  • arvind
    arvind Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't have a beta key there is no beta key available
  • arron1
    arron1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    how do i find a beta key i dont have one
This discussion has been closed.