Cleric information for newcomers

Comments

• Glasspipe - Sanctuary
    Glasspipe - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Good Job. Thank you very much. Great Job seriously.
  • badst2
    badst2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    junk wrote: »
    F. Useless Skills
    - Thunderball
    Don't get these, ever.
    u must get at least lvl 1 of thunderball to be able to get siren tempest and the rest down the tree
  • xomissmurder
    xomissmurder Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Amazing guide. b:laugh
    Though, for my 2nd cleric on Heaven's Tear [Got a lvl 68 on Harshlands, didn't like PvP. Took a while to realize that. :/] I used a 8 mag, 1 str, 1 vit every 2 lvls build. [: Working great so far.
  • binque
    binque Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:thanks

I was originally going to ask this in a new thread, but I wasn't sure if I should or not.

Anyway, here it goes.
    I've been thinking of playing this game, not sure what I'd like to play yet but I'm always drawn to the healing classes in these sorts of games.

What I'd like to know is, does anyone know if a stat build/skill set I should get for a Pvp focused Cleric? I can't seem to find too much information behind this.

If you could refer me to anything with stuff about this, It'd be appreciated. Thank you

:]
  • olmeister
    olmeister Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thank you, very informative and also helpful. will be reading it again as i start a new cleric..thanks again
  • Lalua - Archosaur
    Lalua - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    junk wrote: »
    About archers flying at level 1, yes they 'can' fly, but the mana drain on the wings is greater than their regen. Which means they can only fly for a limited time. Of course this doesn't apply if they have a hierogram or spam potions, but otherwise they have to wait until 30 when they get non-drain wings (or until their regen outgrows the drain). Clerics on the other hand have greater mana regen and it allows them to fly indefinitely.

As for the physical defense buff being useful for a robe build, I agree that with +def mods and def stones you can get a solid amount. But getting said equipments relies on your luck/money. A character with robes and no +def mods won't gain much from the def buff because it's a percentage as opposed to a flat bonus. If you have 10% damage resist, buffing yourself can at best get you to 17%, ignoring diminishing returns and considering a maxed buff level. So if you're wearing robes with anything other than stacked +def, you're better off investing in sleep/paralyse to keep things away from you rather than improving the defense buff, which at 5% extra def per level, won't make any diffrence if your def is abysmally low to begin with.

On the other hand, if money and equipment is not a problem, you have to consider wether stacking +def on robes is effective. Because by doing that you're using up stone slots and blue attributes you could spend on +hp. By using light armor instead you are either sacrificing con or int for naturally higher pdef. If you're sacrificing con, you can replace it with +hp mods on gear, while the +def mods you're giving up are replaced by natural def. However, you also gain a higher crit%, which amplifies your dps, but lose survivability versus magic. If you're giving up on int, you'll gain overall survivability, be able to mantain dps with enough crit% but you lose out on healing power which is not affected by crit%. Well I guess I went off topic with the light +hp versus robe +def, so to sum it up, the pdef buff only helps you if you are already building towards a good base def, whichever way you'd go (robe/light).

That's the weird thing, if you point to a place on the minimap, and while you're automatically running there, start flying....After you fly for a little while, you can go anywhere you want without paying 2 mana/second!!! =D
  • Magyk_El - Raging Tide
    Magyk_El - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    bad guide i think never to use thunderball what a guide is this
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    bad guide i think never to use thunderball what a guide is this

It is not a bad guide as it is up to you if you want to lvl up TB and who are you to judge.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only thing I use Thunderball for is to reset my cooldowns when I demon spark sometimes. Usually it's spark>cyclone>wield thunder>cyclone>plumeshot>thunderball>cyclone>wield thunder>cyclone, but only if I'm DDing a single target (boss) and don't have to heal/purify a tank. Also, if left at level 1, it's excellent damage-per-mana, as your base magic attack is very large at higher levels.

Still a terrible skill with very narrow application. I'll judge the way I see fit b:pleased
  • Lady_Kristie - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Kristie - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only thing I use Thunderball for is to reset my cooldowns when I demon spark sometimes. Usually it's spark>cyclone>wield thunder>cyclone>plumeshot>thunderball>cyclone>wield thunder>cyclone, but only if I'm DDing a single target (boss) and don't have to heal/purify a tank. Also, if left at level 1, it's excellent damage-per-mana, as your base magic attack is very large at higher levels.

Still a terrible skill with very narrow application. I'll judge the way I see fit b:pleased

^I whole-heartedly agree with this. Thunderball is one of my only skills I like to do on a boss with the debuffs to follow, demon spark, and the rest as follows. Its just additive dmg over time :P b:cute
  • Albie - Dreamweaver
    Albie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ty this has been very informative. the build i was given was 6 mag, 3 vit, 1str. i can take a hit and dish one out. but i still do very well with heals.
  • Nurse_Joy - Raging Tide
    Nurse_Joy - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    thankies for guide. Really adore it very very muchb:chuckle
  • goldsidewalker
    goldsidewalker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This is a very good guide but i do think that you did focus a a lot on the support so I found this guide to show you just how much damage a cleric can do

(This is NOT my guide)

http://home.arcor.de/cayeon/FA_EP_Guide/FA_EP_Guide_v3.2.pdf
  • DT - Raging Tide
    DT - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Wow... o__O

If we could give + or Kudos or sort of thumbs up system you would be over 9000. b:laugh

P.S. My build is
    5 MAG
    4 VIT
    1 STR

4 VIT instead of 3 because the last thing anyone wants is for their only cleric to eat some dirt...
  • Dunixi - Lost City
    Dunixi - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    is spark burst the same as spark ignition?
    Join F.T.G.B. today for help and PVP orientated faction!
    ftgbpwi.webs.com
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Wow... o__O

If we could give + or Kudos or sort of thumbs up system you would be over 9000. b:laugh

P.S. My build is
    5 MAG
    4 VIT
    1 STR

4 VIT instead of 3 because the last thing anyone wants is for their only cleric to eat some dirt...

Probably a little late, but you need at least 3 mag per level to wield up to date weapons and armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    6 mag is the minimum for up tp date magic weps... as the poster above me (Deathbanana) stated
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • WriteWrong - Heavens Tear
    WriteWrong - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    great guide, i'll be referring back to this many times
  • sisterulicia
    sisterulicia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hey, just wanted to say GREAT guide. b:pleased Very informative, straight forward and well written. I'll be going by this since I just started tonight. Thx!
  • Ginyushi - Raging Tide
    Ginyushi - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh my goodness! I can't believe I didn't know the IronHeart Blessing stacked! Thank you. I always found that spamming Wellspring Surge was the best way because I never noticed the HP regen from IronHeart and didn't know it stacked. Hopefully, I will do a better job healing now :D

Edit: I also agreed that Thunder Ball really is useless. When my partner and me dual'd the Poison Occultist, I realized in the time it took for Thunder Ball to deal full dmg, my Whirlwind could be cast three~four times, effectively dealing like three~four times more dmg. Pretty vexing when I got the first lvl of the skill haha
  • Loxxa - Lost City
    Loxxa - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hey im a level 23 cleric and I was wondering why I cant wear a robe?
  • Rahtri - Harshlands
    Rahtri - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thank you very much :)
  • Jade_Dragon - Lost City
    Jade_Dragon - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I've some questions concerning the balanced build (6 mag, 3 vit, 1 str per 2 lvls).

I'm gearing towards making a support-oriented cleric using the build, but I'm wondering how substantial the hp gain is from the vit compared to other builds, and how much healing/damage I am compromising by allocating so much of points into vit.

Bottom line is I still want to heal/DD decently, and if the 3 vit still makes me rather squishy, I might as well go full mag.

Thanks for the guide!
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think adding 1 point in Vit every level has a huge difference. For me I can definitely notice it. For the most part I just put in enough Str points to be able to wear my newest armor. And then I put 1 in Vit every level, and rest in magic. Works well for me. I 4-hit mobs my level, their hits drop me to half my health, I Ironheart after each mob, I use potions to keep MP up. I can efficiently solo quests doing this. I'm working on shoving Garnet shards in my armor to increase Physical defense, to help me with the HP loss aghainst physical mobs. Yea... Working for me ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • RemyHadley - Dreamweaver
    RemyHadley - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thank you for all the helpful tips ^^
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Question from a Cleric nub.b:surrender

I don't put a lot of priority into Celestial Guardian Spirit, as my spirit is extremely low always from other skills, as I would have expected. I'm just curious though, at about what level would I ideally have it maxed? Currently, its at level 3 on my 45 Cleric, but at this rate I'm thinking about not even bothering to level it until my other buffs, IH, and my Plume/Cyclone are all maxed. I'm just curious on whether I'm just missing out on doing something or not.

Thanks for any and all advice.

P.S. Just did FB29 where I was healing with just a 50 Barb and 29 Blademaster, and I went through over half my pots. Just wanted to say thanks to all Clerics, as I am only now realizing just how much Clerics really spend on pots. I know that it took so long because of a lack of DD's, but thinking about that having last as long as TT 1-1 Percussion Lord, it makes me really think about doing BB for so long. So Clerics, you rock! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I find it's a good time to get once you've gotten all your aoe buffs, as then it's...alot more convenient b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • pichoudam
    pichoudam Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Where do i learn my cleric skills? i dont where master is ? plz help me
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    In Plume City, you can find the Cleric Trainer near the elder, beside the pool.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saedy - Archosaur
    Saedy - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thank you for the heads up/tip, now i feel less like a noob lol