Cleric information for newcomers

Options

Comments

• Red__Rum - Harshlands
    Red__Rum - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok well i have noticed that clerics use alot of mp when casting spells even healing spells! and i wanted to no whats the best weapon to use. and witch one will give me the most damage??
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wow, didn't realize that no-one had written an up to date cleric guide to replace this one . . .

This.

While I still refer to this guide every so often, the fact of the matter is that it was written 3 years ago... We could use an updated guide with updated skill names and strategies when squadding with Assassins and Seekers...

But I am terrible at writing. b:shutup
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Foxieee_trek - Harshlands
    Foxieee_trek - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    great guide i think i will go for 9mag 1 str every 2 lvlsb:laugh
    venomacer lvl 80b:pleased
    assasin lvl62b:victory
    Ah, crazy rich bored people, I will never be able to understand them. b:surrender
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL forgot it used to be called Soon, the Light
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • WaterGlaze - Harshlands
    WaterGlaze - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    foxybrown wrote: »
    Woah! This guide was really informative, thanks a lot.

wowwww, how long did it take for u to write that?
  • WaterGlaze - Harshlands
    WaterGlaze - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LOL forgot it used to be called Soon, the Light

grrr, lucky, mysic lvl 27 assasin lvl 7 cleric lvl 68
  • Bornna - Dreamweaver
    Bornna - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thank you for this guide! Now I don't feel like a noob. At first I started a Cleric because they seem pretty awesome.
  • TidalFury - Sanctuary
    TidalFury - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I am an assassin, and I can tell you that if you heal me, you will die. When I panic I shadow escape, if you heal me in such a state, you are dead.

If you heal an assassin and you die it is your fault for healing said assassin.

If an assassin does not get heals and dies it is the assassin's fault because he didn't shadow escape at the appropriate time. Any QQ from said dead assassin should be promptly laughed at by the squad.

That said there is an exception to the no heals for assassins rule. If your assassin is the established tank for the party, in that case heal away, just watch out for groups of mobs. The assassin only has two AOEs and both are shorter ranged AOEs that most other classes have and are not as spammable as other classes too. So it is entirely likely in a situation like that they may not be the best tank for an entire group. Tanking for sins should be kept to single targets for this reason.

I have thought many times about getting Alpha male on my assassin so that i can in a pinch take aggro from whole party and run away with mobs to later shadow escape and reset them for another go at them after squad regroups. Worst case scenario, assassin dies int he process, party still lives and can be resurected by cleric who still lives due to assassin's heroic selfless act.

P.S. Sorry my avatar is of a BM, I tried to fix it befor ei posted but I guess it didn't take.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I am an assassin, and I can tell you that if you heal me, you will die. When I panic I shadow escape, if you heal me in such a state, you are dead.

No, it's your fault for panicking and taking on too much at once. With your blood paint and a few IHs, you should be able to survive. Don't just shadow escape, let the tank get aggro if you messed up. The cleric can rez you and at sage/demon level there is not loss in exp. At level 10 it's reduced by 90% so you lose very little. The same is not true for the cleric who unless there is a mystic around, has to run all the way back in most circumstances and takes the entirety of the exp loss. It's a clerics job to heal, and your job to make sure to protect them so they don't regret those heals. Any assassin reading this thread, please don't listen to this. :P Clerics if you see a DD like this and they get you killed, let them know no to do this. If they refuse and decide to just transfer a bunch of aggro to you repeatedly, then let them die and go back to town. If he's not going to do his job for you, don't do your job for him. :P

Also if you really feel this way is best because if it works for you, please let the cleric know that you don't want to be healed EVER under ANY circumstance (tanking obviously not withstanding) ahead of time so that they aren't assuming your play style is like most assassins, that way they don't get killed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

If an assassin does not get heals and dies it is the assassin's fault because he didn't shadow escape at the appropriate time. Any QQ from said dead assassin should be promptly laughed at by the squad.

Shadow escape works on [?] mobs and bosses?
  • HolyHeart - Lost City
    HolyHeart - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    EPIC GUIDE Thanks so much, you got me into clerics, started a cleric just now, level 6 :D it's great to have a hard class to play, and I'm using your Light Armor build, going pvp cleric. :D
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    EPIC GUIDE Thanks so much, you got me into clerics, started a cleric just now, level 6 :D it's great to have a hard class to play, and I'm using your Light Armor build, going pvp cleric. :D

I have always found that AA makes for a better PvP cleric in the long run =/

But I would never actively discourage anyone from doing what they like and if you can kick major *** as an LA PvP cleric, more power to you!

b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • spamer250
    spamer250 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i seen one error to that when you said "the only class that can fly at lvl one" change class in into race cause last time i checked archers could also fly at lvl 1
    edited June 2011
    Options
    spamer250 wrote: »
    i seen one error to that when you said "the only class that can fly at lvl one" change class in into race cause last time i checked archers could also fly at lvl 1

They can't fly for very long, Clerics can fly indefinitely from the start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • jennakatee
    jennakatee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What Gems do you suggest? that I put in my end game armor, If I'm using the 'Light armor build'? to withstand PvP. (Tw,Bh's,Fb etc etc.)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jennakatee wrote: »
    What Gems do you suggest? that I put in my end game armor, If I'm using the 'Light armor build'? to withstand PvP. (Tw,Bh's,Fb etc etc.)

LA for endgame =/

Always citrines in LA.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Paxiphon - Raging Tide
    Paxiphon - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thanks man!
    His sword was close.

I lost my helm.

My sword was closer.

He lost his head.
  • Todays_T_Rex - Heavens Tear
    Todays_T_Rex - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    koz wrote: »
    Archers can also fly at level 1.

just saying archers can fly but it costs mp with a cleric it dosent...thats allb:byeb:bye
  • Shen_Long - Harshlands
    Shen_Long - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    what are the stats to put each lvl you get to like lvl 1 lvl 2
    I mean when u get from lvl 1 to lvl 2 u get 5 points where to put them at?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    what are the stats to put each lvl you get to like lvl 1 lvl 2
    I mean when u get from lvl 1 to lvl 2 u get 5 points where to put them at?

Reading this thread from the beginning would answer that question for you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eagle888eyes
    eagle888eyes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i need some help

i followed his recommended build (1str, 3 vit and 6 mag every 2 lvls)
    should i keep doing this or stop at a certain amount of vit? And then go 9 mag 1 str

thx in advance
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i need some help

i followed his recommended build (1str, 3 vit and 6 mag every 2 lvls)
    should i keep doing this or stop at a certain amount of vit? And then go 9 mag 1 str

thx in advance

That would be up to you and your playstyle. Statting vit is optional. Therefore, you put in what you feel you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhylla - Harshlands
    Rhylla - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful info..... good to have somewhere to find out how to be useful :)
  • azurreal
    azurreal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i can't find the skill spark ignition. i don't think it exists?b:shocked
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    azurreal wrote: »
    i can't find the skill spark ignition. i don't think it exists?b:shocked

you are not gonna get spark ignition (or spark burst) till you reach level 29, once you complete your spiritual cultivation your chi bar goes from 99 to 199 (the bar remainds the same, you just gonna notice a litle diamond on a side that represents 100 chi, when is lighten up), then you go to the cleric skill trainer and buy it, is almost free.

hope this helps.

have fun! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hey guys i got a cleric alt. Its level 48 right now. Did quests/cutli 1 - 30, orcale 30 - 40, Then quest and bh 40 - 48. I have been reading and i saw this guide which looks simple enough to understand compare the other guide because i am not familar with cleric as i am with seeker. I have used cleric to help some other people and even used it to heal level 60 players for the tide quest with only IH.

Anyways my question is the skills you recommend to protise, are they still okay to follow today. One thing i find scary on cleric which i didnt experience on seeker is the need of so many possible important skill. Well thanks anyways. Cleric is a cool class and i hope it will be a nice alt for my seeker, so i might as learn how to be a okay cleric.b:victory. I dont plan to fc heads this cleric!!, i want to train it like the way i leveled my seeker and bm up the old fashion and normal way i knew before fc but not the old old way where no bhs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hey guys i got a cleric alt. Its level 48 right now. Did quests/cutli 1 - 30, orcale 30 - 40, Then quest and bh 40 - 48. I have been reading and i saw this guide which looks simple enough to understand compare the other guide because i am not familar with cleric as i am with seeker. I have used cleric to help some other people and even used it to heal level 60 players for the tide quest with only IH.

Anyways my question is the skills you recommend to protise, are they still okay to follow today. One thing i find scary on cleric which i didnt experience on seeker is the need of so many possible important skill. Well thanks anyways. Cleric is a cool class and i hope it will be a nice alt for my seeker, so i might as learn how to be a okay cleric.b:victory. I dont plan to fc heads this cleric!!, i want to train it like the way i leveled my seeker and bm up the old fashion and normal way i knew before fc but not the old old way where no bhs.

check out the cleric skill guide stickied on this very same forum, it's a new guide and it will tell you what skills are important and how you need to level them up, is very usefull.

old fashion leveling FTW!

good luck with your cleric! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duckyborna
    duckyborna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks brah. I'm thinking about going back to PWI, maybe continue further from level 24 hehe <.< Anyways, this was a very cool guide and thanks a lot, you just made PWI easier to understand for many young clerics out there. ;) A job well done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Light. Without it we are frozen. Respect light, because it gives life.
    -Light Bard
  • gaijin6
    gaijin6 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hello,

First thank you for the people who made all those guide. they are very useful.

Now if I may ask...
    I am now cleric level 15, I go for the strength 9magic build and enjoying it so far (only died once). Many guide explain what skill to raise and stats to put on But I can't find some info:

1/ how to raise the genie accordingly? (so far I have put 2 affinity in metal but no idea what I am doing)
    2/ what accessories should we use at certain levels? when is good to change?
    3/ from what level can we really start to party? I feel like I am soloing most of the time so I wonder when the teamplay really kicks off

thank you very much for the reply and sorry for my noobism. I have been just going from quest to quest but still don7t fully understand the game mechanics

Thanks
    edited January 2012
    Options
    gaijin6 wrote: »
    Hello,

First thank you for the people who made all those guide. they are very useful.

Now if I may ask...
    I am now cleric level 15, I go for the strength 9magic build and enjoying it so far (only died once). Many guide explain what skill to raise and stats to put on But I can't find some info:

1/ how to raise the genie accordingly? (so far I have put 2 affinity in metal but no idea what I am doing)
    2/ what accessories should we use at certain levels? when is good to change?
    3/ from what level can we really start to party? I feel like I am soloing most of the time so I wonder when the teamplay really kicks off

thank you very much for the reply and sorry for my noobism. I have been just going from quest to quest but still don7t fully understand the game mechanics

Thanks

Try this guide out as well. It has pretty much every question answered under the sun and is a far more up-to-date guide on being a cleric.

Here is qoute from it on genies.

GENIE SKILLS FOR CLERICS

Genies are useful in this game, for both pve, and pvp as well. They can be powerful little things, and have their own skills at their disposal to use. With that said though, which skills should we clerics use. We can’t have them all unfortunately.
    Speaking for myself, I have 5 genies…only 2 that I really use. With that being said, let me give you my insight on genie skills…cleric to cleric. Lol.
    Genies should be used to augment innate weaknesses, to save oneself/the squad, and overall to make life easier for each class.
    My main two genies are zeal and discipline. (The discipline was my starting one.)
    I recommend getting:

Absolute Domain/Expel: Expel lasts longer, but AD grants full protection, plus doesn’t seal you, and at the moment anyways, it protects the whole squad. Not that expel’s seal can be purified if the purify is cast before pressing expel. You’re still get the immunity too, which is nice.
    Cloud Eruption: This gives the player the ability to gain chi. (For demon clerics, this skill helps to augment for the lack of Master Li’s chi gaining skill that sage clerics get.)
    Tangling Mire/Extreme Poison: I have extreme poison. Basically, these are skills that debuff the target causing them to suffer additional damage. (I love to use Extreme Poison when I spark. It helps me to make up for the demon’s spirits gift attack bonus that they get which sage’s don’t.)
    Tree of Protection/Second wind: Tree is the better skill. It heals more, and increases your max hp for a short time. Second wind has a shorter cooldown, and is the only option for clerics at a lower level. Both of these are useful healing spells that have the potential to save you.
    Earthquake. Its an AOE, and pretty much your only option for a knockback skill.
    Earthflame: Zeal exclusive genie skill, but invaluable. It gives the ability to lure one target out of a crowd. This is useful when grinding, and questing, and inside of instances too. Just remember to IH yourself a few times before you pull.
    Holy Path: This is a must have skill. Clerics run very slowly. You need this to keep up, and this is the only skill that you are really expected to have. This skill is worth leveling too. It truly is an awesome speed skill.
    Nullify Poison: Helps when you are grinding poison mobs. (It’s not as important as the previously mentioned skills though.)

Other skills are good too, but for me personally, these skills have helped me well.
    For my Discipline, I have :

Tree of Protection
    Absolute Domain
    Holy Path
    Earthquake
    For my zeal, I have:

Absolute domain
    Holy path
    Second wind (I have lots of spirit, so I replaced Nullify Poison with while I wasn’t grinding.)
    Earthflame
    Extreme Poison

My genies themselves are centered around defense. My discipline is more defensive than my zeal is. My zeal is what I like to use when I tank lower level instances because of its design. Having multiple genies allows me to be more versatile, and more adaptable to certain circumstances. However, with the genie skills that I mentioned, you can’t really go wrong with them.

For PVE situations, I use
    Holy Path (cause we are really slow)
    Absolute Domain (for when someone goofs - NOTE: in the new expansion, it is said that AbDom will no longer be a squad skill but a self skill...)
    Chi Siphon (drain a boss or mob's chi and fill yours while in BB so you can re-BB right way)

Tangling Mire, Bramble Rage and ”Extreme Poison” works good while in BB or when you need to kill something faster. (It will draw agro so be careful)

While doing heads in FC, most of us are in RB to speed the bows. I like having Phoenix Dance to get the mobs around me while in RB.

and, Rainbow Blessing for higher crits (plus chance for mag and phys adds)... you can use this on your tanks while you are in the bubbles.

For PVP, I really like mana and chi drain skills as well as some anti-sleep skills... but this is a PVE guide so I'll leave it be. lol”

Pusillanimous: