Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• quietclown
    quietclown Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is how communist countries run things
  • quietclown
    quietclown Posts: 10 Arc User
    This was and is not a security issue , it is a greed issue .PWI takes every opportunity to destroy the free player as they are no longer needed. Now with just the cash shoppers they will merge to 1 server and kill the game. Boys and girls there are some really good private servers.God Bless
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I think its clear the original message was telling the truth. This is only temporary. They will leave this for the next few months to hopefully get people into their other games until they announce pwe is closing pwi servers :D

Welp .... mouse-17.gif
    https://mmos.com/news/jade-dynasty-swordsman-shutting-june-5-2018​​

Mmm looking at this I can't help to wonder myself if is it even worth to login anymore, I mean I do understand that companies some times need to shot down some games but still, if we look back at the last few months: PWE shot down both Battle and War of the Inmortals, then not long after they announced Gigantic shotdown. And now they even closing Swordsman and Jade Dinasty. That is 5 games in less than ayear. This inevitably make you wonder how long this game will last.

After all if we look back in time some of the old PWE cms neglected PWI several times in favor of swordsman and some of the other games. I even remember one of the old CM posting a whole thread promoting swordsman on pwi forum, at same time some of the PWI server were down and said person was ignoring the people on forum. Now that game is being shot down before this one...
    Well I guess the only good thing about PWI is that you can still see a lot of cashers spending, I guess that as long as some of the top spenders keep charging this game may survive.

BTW nice meme:
    @kalystconquerer#0876

So how long is Temporary? mouse-38.giffox-17.gifmonkey-17.gifbear-17.gifpig-39.giftiger-17.gifnormal-39.gif

BOM9YYS.jpg​​

:D

• armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    I think its clear the original message was telling the truth. This is only temporary. They will leave this for the next few months to hopefully get people into their other games until they announce pwe is closing pwi servers :D

Welp .... mouse-17.gif
    https://mmos.com/news/jade-dynasty-swordsman-shutting-june-5-2018​​
    Bingo. Swordsman and Jade Dynasty are not the first games published by PWE that are closing this year.

I was going to link to the announcements for the games that are closed but looks like @rieihdius beat me to it.

Added to the shut down is that I'm almost certain we went from a dedicated CM, to a partially available CM, to again have no CM.

I'm not too familiar with most of PW's titles, but I imagine we will see one or two more go before we go. A quick perusal shows that all of their other games have seen the same changes forcing them to log in through arc.

Just a matter of time.

Now I guess any people left who buy gold have to decide if they are ok with risking it if they will only see a zen reimbursement for whatever they spend. If I was still spending money on this game I would stop as soon as I read their announcement for how they handle game currency refunds.
  • dimitrasa
    dimitrasa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I'd rather say that the game is going down. I prepare myself for the worst senario - actually you know that things get tough when 1st server merging happens and then you only watch the signs . But anyway the game made its cycle the past 10 years. It was a hell of a ride with ups and downs. the last year I stopped advancing (too expensive) and went back to silly daily pwi things, just for fun and for the sake of good old times. I even lvled some alts to revisit old places full of memories or solo bhs with 4-6 alts. Now I can't do even this...
  • hatsuyas
    hatsuyas Posts: 12 Arc User
    PWI is dying, and taking away alternate ways of making in game coin is counter intuitive. I will only return and buy ingame items once they reverse this decision.
  • rayla#5416
    rayla#5416 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yup. Which leaves me to believe the game is on the out. They're just waiting for the maximum number of cashers to drop the dollars to hit a quota. Then they'll drop this game like all the rest. New content?!? Why front? You're killing this game! Just kill it!! I'm starting a petition right here and now! Let's play this game of chess!! All cashers stop cashing! Let's see PW's next move!! I've never played swordsman or jade dynasty, I'd like to know the series of events that led up to those and the rest of the other games shutting down. IE, did they turn all drops into worthless, enforce "pay-to-play" (quotes for "lets call a kettle a kettle") at a more expensive rate, kill off one of the things that they say is completely legal within the limitations (multi-clienting),
  • htmlcoder
    htmlcoder Posts: 5 Arc User
    hatsuyas wrote: »
    PWI is dying,

It's been dying for years by now.

photo-221867.gif
  • arielle9
    arielle9 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Can we have an assessment of the issues currently being experienced on DG as to the ARC connection? Surely you have had time to develop a system to address the "serious" issue. Take off the element client restriction and have a really good maintenance. Then let us keep this game alive.
  • godoftanks
    godoftanks Posts: 4 Arc User
    this thread will be the same of "DQ system" and its already forgotten.. rip
  • den28nl
    den28nl Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    PWE is only interested in money, no matter what..
    They only make empty promises and hope they players forget about them.
    In the end its all about the money, and they don't give a damn about their customers.
  • ttntn
    ttntn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    after disconnected i cant logged back to the game immidiately, force log in also not work. if i wait for the game loaded, after some minutes it says, Disconnected from server, please log in again. and also not working after 100x entering user name and passowrd,,,, wtf ? THIS IS REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE !!! finally after few minutes log in and my squad is already gone. they are finish their culti... PLEASE FIX THIS LOG IN ISSUE GM !!! this is really not nice.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Dear PWI Community,

With the recent events involving the disabling of multi-clienting, we understand that you are upset.
    Please understand that these measures were necessary – but – are also temporary, as your ability to multi-client will be fully restored once the developers return from Chinese New Year.

In the meantime, we ask for your support as we want nothing more than for you to resume your normal gameplay activities.

Thank you for understanding.

-The PWI Crew

How long is the Chinese New Year for the devs? Been months and still having these 20min DCs and unable to log back in when only playing with 1 client because of the almighty **** up of a change PWI did to Arc.

I'm assuming this is how the game is now, all that money and staff who have no idea what they're doing still after all these years??
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    valdisman wrote: »

How long is the Chinese New Year for the devs? Been months and still having these 20min DCs and unable to log back in when only playing with 1 client because of the almighty **** up of a change PWI did to Arc.

I'm assuming this is how the game is now, all that money and staff who have no idea what they're doing still after all these years??

Is infinite Chinese New Year when is about fixing something that they don't want to fix :D

godoftanks wrote: »
    this thread will be the same of "DQ system" and its already forgotten.. rip

^^^^ Amen to this.
    In this case however it will last even less since at the time of the whole DQ fiasco this game had way more people playing than now. I remember that thread was hundreds of pages long.

• madclericxxx
    madclericxxx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    An official response would be nice thats all,how can 1 respect admin who dont speak>>>>>> its really impossible,its passed 3 months and its been ignored and peoples addictions broke, because pwi forced it this way,such is life i couldnt care less anymore,and as for run sell my acc???? like my friends are doing........before everything they worked for isnt worth the pig anymore...nor the sausage.......nor the packaging....my acc will die with game isee it as tricking someome to even try sell it for dying game
  • larry8
    larry8 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I created multiple clients to help with farming. I use them for buffs. And to run catshops. If I cannot make coin in the game with my chars, the way I have for the past years no since in playing.
  • hyourinn
    hyourinn Posts: 21 Arc User
    Dear PWI Community,

With the recent events involving the disabling of multi-clienting, we understand that you are upset.
    Please understand that these measures were necessary – but – are also temporary, as your ability to multi-client will be fully restored once the developers return from Chinese New Year.

In the meantime, we ask for your support as we want nothing more than for you to resume your normal gameplay activities.

Thank you for understanding.

-The PWI Crew

When they said Chinese New Year break they meant the whole year lmfao

• valdisman
    Haha yeah probably.

What I don't understand about it all is this 20/30min account being logged in when it clearly isn't.
    You can force shut down the client and Arc. You can disconnect and reconnect the wifi / ethernet connection. You can shut down and reboot your laptop / PC and yet the character is still connected and online from our IP.

Im no computer genius but if you cancel the connection and it is still connected and active, who is controlling our accounts if we aren't? Somewhere there must be a programme or system acting like a middle man having full control of our IP connections in order to stay connected after shutting down that access?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    Haha yeah probably.

What I don't understand about it all is this 20/30min account being logged in when it clearly isn't.
    You can force shut down the client and Arc. You can disconnect and reconnect the wifi / ethernet connection. You can shut down and reboot your laptop / PC and yet the character is still connected and online from our IP.

Im no computer genius but if you cancel the connection and it is still connected and active, who is controlling our accounts if we aren't? Somewhere there must be a programme or system acting like a middle man having full control of our IP connections in order to stay connected after shutting down that access?

Its funny read your comment and loop in cap of this thread. What excuse PWI give to force ARC? :D:D

• truthwarren
    truthwarren Posts: 4 Arc User
    I know it isn't my business anymore, but this game has been on the downward slope for a while now. I was around for the ridiculous UI changes, the Territory War fiasco when the rewards were changed to Mirage Celestones, and the Steam client wannabe that literally zero people asked for. I haven't been around for the past few years, so I can only imagine what else has been forced upon the poor souls who can't bring themselves to move on. Now I find that PWE has seen fit to kill of multiclienting. This game is coming up on its 10th anniversary in the West. You just now decide to do this? The catshop merchants, the number of which had already been dwindling for quite some time, are dependent on the ability of players to have multiple clients. The success of players to complete content has often relied on multiclienting, due to a declining population. I know the official story is "we're working on it". I also know what that really means. It's not in any form a priority for the Eastern developers this company answers to.
    I'm gone... finally.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    .... relied on multiclienting ....

But multiclienting still exist! I visited all servers and noticed at least 27 bots per server. Not sure why someone would do this except for the "verified seller" who spams us with messages to use paypal to buy coins.

• tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    sjampie wrote: »
    .... relied on multiclienting ....

But multiclienting still exist! I visited all servers and noticed at least 27 bots per server. Not sure why someone would do this except for the "verified seller" who spams us with messages to use paypal to buy coins.

I think the issue is more becuase they removed the official multi clienting it affected the FORCE LOG feature which all can agree is the most cancerous issue right now....​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • valdisman
    Should go to the jolly old jones grinding machine on ET. There is around 100 mystic bots there daily. I found the guy who runs them all and he says he makes over 1.5b coin a month just from his bot train :D:D

PWI will never be able to prevent people mass clienting but instead they implemented the cancerous force log issue on everyone else. In the end they fixed nothing of which they tried to fix but made everything 100x worse.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Should go to the jolly old jones grinding machine on ET. There is around 100 mystic bots there daily. I found the guy who runs them all and he says he makes over 1.5b coin a month just from his bot train :D:D

PWI will never be able to prevent people mass clienting but instead they implemented the cancerous force log issue on everyone else. In the end they fixed nothing of which they tried to fix but made everything 100x worse.

What they were fixing more had to do with a direct ARC to PWI issue that was being abused. It was more leaned towards reward sending from arc platform directly than anything you can or do in-game.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    @kalystconquerer#0876

So how long is Temporary? mouse-38.giffox-17.gifmonkey-17.gifbear-17.gifpig-39.giftiger-17.gifnormal-39.gif

BOM9YYS.jpg​​

I had to quote this guy cause this post is so damn good :p

Now being more serious. I don't think there is much point in keep beating a dead horse, I mean if we look at some of the games that they are shoting down, like swordsman or JD as example. If you look in their forum, you will see some really enraged people. And in those game a few months before the shot down announcement, the CM was actually trying to do something about it, they were even replaying to some really rude people there, way more rude than the people here.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying anything against our CM (before some psycho virtual SJW jump on their White horse and start trash talking for no reason. :D )
    But I feel they really gave up on this forum, either because they feel is not even worth looking at it or cause they completly gave up on the game.

I would do a call to @kalystconquerer#0876 to post on forum one of those surveys here, but not one that is only focused on PWI but all your games, it does not need to be something big and complex, it could be like the one that arc games sent to my mail.
    It had like 3 questions only: first one was an evaluation from 0 to 10 to arc games about recomending games from arc to others,
    second one was asking what arc games you play and last one was a text box asking for feedback at getting better.
    I usually don't like to reply surveys, but I feel that this Company really need the feedback this time.
  • stancliff#1034
    stancliff#1034 Posts: 4 Arc User
    PWI has always stood out for me since it had a macro system. Modern games are too fast and reflex based to allow such a system. I have left and come back several times and it saddened me to see the game pandering to the highest level players while taking material away from the 1-100 players, but this is also a case of supporting your most active and vocal base.

I remember when you could only have a second acct for running a shop, then I actually came back for a while when we were allowed to run two active alts. I had already tried triple client on a private server so I knew it was a great way to be self sufficient in most ways while trying to get to level 100, and this is the core point... how can a player with few resources level up while still being able to do most dungeon and instance events. The number of players running sub-100 alts is very low and new players are nearly non-existant so the lower level game has dried up. Access to coins to maintain a character are negligible and many events that used to be common are very rare now due to lack of players in the right level range.

I believe there has to be a hard limit on multi-clients but in my opinion it should be 4 on one IP so two people in the same house can have 2 each, but only 3 on one mac address, so no computer can run more than 3 accounts. With three accounts a player can finish many events that simply can't be soloed, including bounty hunts (hard but possible). This is an essential option in the current stage of the game.

As it stands now PWI isn't just archaic, it is much more convoluted than almost all games. It is far easier to grind endgame gear in champions or guild war 2, though I can't speak for any other games. Also, for the recond, I need the HUD text to be a slightly larger font, my eyes are not so good at my age.
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    I have been saying for few months now, PWI took away so much on how to farm coins to get rid of the "non- cashers." They want $$$ and are catering to many people to sale the same **** over and over again, before they turn the lights out. They dont want to help anyone in these forums and we all see it. There could be a good reason for this. I think most people in this discussion are correct in that the game is about to shut down in the near future. I started when the game opened, it was so much fun and people actually had good discussions about playing their toons, gears, using skills ect. I decided to not log in like I used to. And I feel better not being ingame because its getting depressing for me. I still pop-in off and on just to see my veno. The ones hanging on and cashers, have spent so much money, time they will probably be here when the lights go out. I understand it, so sad. Just remember, PWI doesnt have to inform us they are locking the doors. One day when we try to log on..may not be just due to ARC, or force log ect. The game could be shut down. Loved this game, and I will miss my toon so much. We put so much time and energy into creating and playing our toons. I took screen shots of my veno, we cant take them with us. So just in case, take a picture of your fav. toons, get your friends social media name, or cell number, ect. Peace all and have fun in the game, maybe things will turm around.
  • element#5920
    element#5920 Posts: 5 Arc User
    honestly i dont know ya's problems when it comes to farming.. am making roughly 500-700mil a month...sure it be nice to get the *Quick* multi loggin back but ya'll know its not gonna happen...
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    lol if you had been here long enough you would understand PWI point of view on this.

The basic is simple since PWI was crated if it see players making money it will crash the way you do money.
    PWI does not want you to make money !, They want you to spend to get your item.
    And they will do any thing even lose all there players if it means only having 1 spend billions of US dollar a year on the game.

This is a buissness and there is no customer satisfaction in making profit.

Swallow the pill, keep playing and addapt or move to an other greedy gaming compagnie.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    -
    This is a buissness and there is no customer satisfaction in making profit.

Did not expect to find this stupid posts even on forums like these. Lets take an example from real life. You go to McDonalds, get absolutely terrible service, the food is ****. On the other hand you get great service and delicious food in Burger King. Question is, which company will you give your money the next time?

I think the answer is obvious and its no different in online gaming. If you dont like the service, vote with your wallet. Enough ppl do this and either company changes its ways or it sinks, neither a bad option for you. As company sinking might not be obviously good for you, let me explain. If a bad company sinks, it releases resources for better companies to grab ultimately resulting in better companies to waste your money on.

Online gaming is more and more bout constant charging, which isnt exactly tolerant with unhappy customers. You might charge every week, every other week or every month. Amounts dont really matter here, point being its consistent. Compare it to say buying a fridge, which lasts decade+ generally. Even if you arent too happy with the fridge the company already got "10 years of service" from you upfront. So you voting with your wallet and buying another brand the next time isnt exactly huge deal for the company. For companies like PWE, who operate by getting constant flow of money from their customers, it is a bigger deal to lose a customer.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k