Nov 11th, new expansion in pwcn,

attackerv
attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
link http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20161010/77624.shtml

new city, new "gear"(new addtion on old gears, like add star chart, or card on old gears), new culti, new 2 FB, and new arena(3vs3, or 6vs6, get credit and exchange reward)

To me, new arena will be a good pvp oppotunity. but not sure how to make it balance, especially how to match two teams in balance, class, gears.....

i am not really playing pwi, i can not afford so much time on daily quest. but give some hope here. enjoy

======================================
arena rule: X-server (pk ppl for all servers)
3v3 (max 5ppl in sq) , 6v6 (max 10 ppl in sq), 10min limit, at least 10 rounds for sq credit.
no class repeat in arena.

you can make sq outside and sign up or auto match sq if you sign up alone.
can not buff outside of arena. full chi when start.

win: kill all or according survive/dmg made

def/att pill cd is independent other pill.
6 ranks according to credits.
opponent match will be made according credits
credits can reward arena coins, coins can exchange title, consumable things(maybe charm/pill), gear(not sure what gear)

link: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20161027/77736.shtml

Main Chars in tidewell:
Attacker_V: archer
Seraphim_V: Veno
xNightshadowx: db
Post edited by attackerv on

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Wow..sounds awesome. thx for the info. new content...will be stressfull..be the oppurtunities to have more organized pvp sounds incredible.

Are there any news about an update of the engine/graphics or the likes?
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    attackerv wrote: »
    link http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20161010/77624.shtml

new city, new "gear"(new addtion on old gears, like add star chart, or card on old gears), new culti, new 2 FB, and new arena(3vs3, or 6vs6, get credit and exchange reward)

To me, new arena will be a good pvp oppotunity. but not sure how to make it balance, especially how to match two teams in balance, class, gears.....

i am not really playing pwi, i can not afford so much time on daily quest. but give some hope here. enjoy

thats for china update? of our US/EU servers?
  • andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    Fascinating. Look at that map! Are there gonna be 4 new lands? That's huge!
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    This is actually kind of exciting! compared to the disappointment of the latest updates.

I feel like we've seen that picture of the map before, no? I wonder if the developers have been working on this for a while now. New cultivation? That's very interesting... will there be new skills or new updates to skills then? The PvP arena sounds neat as well.

Also, thank you very much @attackerv for providing us with information once again!
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    edited October 2016
    And a new culti could finally mean brand-new skills for all classes and could change the pvp meta completely. that gets me ultra excited <3 cent wait til we get this update bit hot damn..approx 6 months to finish archer and bm and then save some thousand gold for the new stuff...oh damn xD YOSHA

Cant wait to hear about the new skills and maybe some more balancing they do with that update.

PS: If they dare to make sins and dbs even stronger then this will be the point for me to leave cause more stupidity like that is not tolerable.

Also...tho google trans usually sucks on chinese..but do they really...do they friggin really finally revamp TT and Nirvana...hot damn...

The graphics and artwork on some screenshots seems off tho..I cant tell if its prerendered or not..but it definitly looks different..maybe the graphics update will finally come xD I mean..its 10 years PWCN for them..so why not. The map also looks completely different..like its another game
  • catgirldesu
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, this expansion is really the perfect opportunity for them to update or nerf skills, or release a new set of skills that can possibly re-balance the classes. I know true balance is impossible, but currently things do favor a couple of classes more than others.

​​
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Seems we are going to explore the 5 emperors lore and go west (this time) towards Light Nation where its people are under some "evil" influence.
    This time I won't lose this full map file. <_<

14650676_535660083295102_2917172510169607383_n.jpg?oh=f30455a904a9c148c9fdd839de3911aa&oe=5869BE93

All aboard the hype train. <o/
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    It took me a few seconds before I realised the middle of the map is our current map. Quite nice seeing the map getting so much bigger. There doesnt seem to be added any cities on the other lands yet (the text just says northern land, west, south, east) which kinda makes me a little sad.
  • catgirldesu
    edited October 2016
    There is a symbol/icon on the left side of the map which is in the same style as the symbol of Archosaur. I think the new city is located there. The other lands might be empty right now, and perhaps filled later?​​
  • attackerv
    that map was designed in very very beginning of pwcn.

Now, only open west land and a city in the new pwcn expansion

again, only west, only west, only west!!!!
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • attackerv
    no engine update
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    inb4 any new skill has at least 10 minute cooldown
  • catgirldesu
    attackerv wrote: »
    that map was designed in very very beginning of pwcn.

Now, only open west land and a city in the new pwcn expansion

again, only west, only west, only west!!!!

I think they might want to introduce all four nations in the open world in the future. Now, from what I understand, we're getting the Light Nation. South looks like it could be Flame, north could be Frost and what's left is east for Dark Nation. monkey-39.gif​​
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Finally a big update for the big map.
    I wonder if this update could bring new classes in the distant future, I mean there will be a lot of land.
    Also I don't understand chinese, and I'm pretty sure that this image is just some random art but everytime i see a character like this one it brings to my mind a bard class:

10021476075046231.jpg

Also if we take a look to some of the current npcs on our version (like the ones from the housing plants daily quest), some of those have guns and some other fancy weapon.

I am not saying that this update will have that but I think it open new possibilities on a distant future.

• shopcheese
    edited October 2016
    Ye that's just an NPC, he's one of the people of the western land. Even his clothes fit very well into the city design in my opinion, or maybe he's a part of the hotel there lol.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    And a new culti could finally mean brand-new skills for all classes and could change the pvp meta completely. that gets me ultra excited <3 cent wait til we get this update bit hot damn..approx 6 months to finish archer and bm and then save some thousand gold for the new stuff...oh damn xD YOSHA

Cant wait to hear about the new skills and maybe some more balancing they do with that update.

PS: If they dare to make sins and dbs even stronger then this will be the point for me to leave cause more stupidity like that is not tolerable.

Well lets not forget that PW's track record regarding new skills has been absolutely abysmal since after their release of the earthguard race. Adding mechanics like paralyse and AoE Reels Ins without adding any means of countering these new mechanics. On top of that adding completely disgusting, 100% anti-fun classes in both Duskblades and Stormbringers...

If you told me a few years ago we'd get a new culti with new skills I'd be hella excited, and its still very likely that they may release skills that deal with current problems... But looking at their previous track record its more likely that they're just gonna add more anti-fun mechanics that ruin any form of interactive gameplay for the PvP scene, so right now Im more worried than excited, but I guess we'll see what happens.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Can someone translate this part?
    在新资料片“神启”中,凡是入选骑士团的勇士将会获得玫瑰骑士团专属符纹,符纹石可以记录魔法技能,让拥有者获得奇妙的力量。 当勇士为技能装备上符纹后,符纹蕴含的魔法能量会被激活生效,强化已有技能的威力。 勇士可自行搭配符纹,同种技能也可产生不同效果。 骑士符纹的出现,让每个职业本身有了更多的发展可能,追求不同技能效果的职业玩家将从此分道扬镳,寻找属于自己的职业流派,同种职业在不同玩家手中将展现出不同的魅力。 拒绝千人一面,随你自在成神。

It mentions something about a stone and making skills have new effects / get stronger. Sounds interesting but machine translation can't handle it. It might be a new kind of genie?
    ​​
  • jeranbanker
    jeranbanker Posts: 4 Arc User
    IDK, I interpreted that as indicating the ability to build combo chains like the way some db skills are activated... but yea, google translate butchers it so much that I was fumbling in darkness for ANY possible interpretation.
    TheRedPsychic | Twilight Temple | Boom | Psychic | Current Stats
    TheRedStorm | Twilight Temple | Boom | Stormbringer | Current Stats
    TheRedMage | Twilight Temple | --- | Wizard | Current Stats
    I see a black door and I want it painted RED
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    IDK, I interpreted that as indicating the ability to build combo chains like the way some db skills are activated... but yea, google translate butchers it so much that I was fumbling in darkness for ANY possible interpretation.

That would make sense, seeing that archer get the same kind of combo (very much needed) for their Ultimate with the update we are going to receive soon. Getting something like that on all classes would be friggin awesome as it would further increase player skill requirements. We'll see.
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    Will they redo the entire map, including current areas? Or just will "stick" new map on the old map?
    Because at first glance the map seemed to have a different geology, but looking better now, the old map fits perfectly in the center of this new map.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    TY @attackerv

Well about time they expanded the map to its full. I was not expecting anything of this Lv. The Pics of the caves look like TT and Nirvana.

New culty that will infuse the game again will be welcome. Information will leak in.

FOR now lets look to our NEXT update for PWI!​​
  • shopcheese
    edited October 2016
    To me it sounds like something similar to our Ancient Book, where you can store exp. In this case, it's magic you store and can active(?) (maybe feed our skills with magic?) it to make our existing skills more powerful. There seems to be different variants of the same skill (like demon/sage skills) but whenever they are linked to our current culti or you choose a new path I cannot really tell (no specific details).
    Of course, I'm not sure about this.
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Reading from google translate, it seemed the pictures regarding TT and Nirvana, are only mentions of the decade old time they've been there. Although I don't recall Nirvana always being there.

If it is a revamp of those instances, for possible new gear materials, it would be great to see those instances run again with groups and supporting team play style at lower levels.
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    In the interview with the CN developer, they promised a balance for this expansion in skill related part, So I expect the current weaker classes to get a big boost here, they are indeed aware of the balancing issues. Take it with a grain of salt, they may just make it worse.

I however do expect Elves to get the biggest boost in this expansion especially clerics.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Give sins another stealth untraceable ofc along with a second wolf emblem

Give duskblade more damage outside the quadrature combo please :3 and a 30 second tidal in reaper k thanks <3 (p.s I know a lot of you will shoot me the bird)
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    samasalao wrote: »
    In the interview with the CN developer, they promised a balance for this expansion in skill related part, So I expect the current weaker classes to get a big boost here, they are indeed aware of the balancing issues. Take it with a grain of salt, they may just make it worse.

I however do expect Elves to get the biggest boost in this expansion especially clerics.

That would be great! But still, we would have too look at PWCN's imbalance as theirs may be different than ours.

GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    samasalao wrote: »

I don't really feel like us clerics need much tho? Just some tweaks to Guardian Light and Plume Shell and we good.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I'll be happy with skill updates if they overall increase not damage but survivability across the table. Also give classes a more overall purpose in mass pvp. I guess what I mean is make every class more well rounded like a sin in tidal. A sin can get ganked and he's doing just fine if he's fulll jsod. Most other classes genie or pot immediate stun which is easy disarm gank goodbye I've seen sins avoid this tactic many a time over the years I'd like other classes get more survival index more people will get better at focus firing that's what I'd like to see. I'm sure others got their own opinions but that's just me
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    @samasalao Lol. You know that clerics are currently on the same stage as duskblades in terms of OP-ness and depending on the situation even far beyond them? Rofl. Archer will already get a nice boost with the next update we get in pwi...if they now fix the chi cost with additional skills and make all skills have a 100% CC chance and not a 90% one then archers are good :D
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    >People expecting/wanting engine update from updates
    >People expecting/wanting balance from updates

You guys never learn, do you? tiger-18.gif

This is what it's going to end up to be, as always:
    1. more "balance"
    2. more areas to explore
    3. more daily quests to grind
    4. more collecting of hundreds of the same item to get upgrade x for <insert gear/skill/whatever/nuema/stuff>​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.