Territory Wars and Dragons' Conquest Reset + Changes to reward structure + X-server Nation Wars?

Comments

• perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    monoftalm wrote: »
    in xTW you cant bring alts as easy, id say 20% now and before in NW are alts, expansion wouldnt be as crappy if there was xNW to gear for :(
    Only speaking from the personal experience of myself and the crowd I used to run NW with before XNW, but XNW provided no incentive to gear up. Being routinely crushed by a server with superior numbers made most stop playing. The handful that kept trucking did so solely for the tokens to gear up for TW. XNW made gearing up harder for everyone on TT server. It was a funless chore for anyone that still needed gear.

I could imagine on DA, people might want to gear up for XNW, so they too could capitalize on the easy pickings that were the other servers.

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    orinj wrote: »
    - At the end of the quarter, another participating faction will be randomly selected to receive the runner-up prize.
    - During the 3-month period, a participating faction will be randomly selected to win a monthly prize.

We know season start is full of alt guilds. I hope no alt guild enters that "participating faction" thing. There will be rage if one gets reward.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    zentfamily wrote: »
    - At the end of the quarter, another participating faction will be randomly selected to receive the runner-up prize.
    - During the 3-month period, a participating faction will be randomly selected to win a monthly prize.

We know season start is full of alt guilds. I hope no alt guild enters that "participating faction" thing. There will be rage if one gets reward.

We'll run due diligence so that this doesn't happen. Thanks for bringing this up.
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    bring xNW back ._.
    <3
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    @orinj @surtr @blueimage

Can anyone confirm if Cross Server Nation Wars is coming back this upcoming maintenance along with Dragon Conquest and Territory Wars?
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    @orinj You cant make X Nw/Tw fair for all servers for this one simple reason. If a player is located in the Oceanic Region they will have a permanent 1k ping for that WHOLE EVENT due to your people choosing to host it on an EU server.

Is it possible to get it shifted to a US server or are you just going to continue to shaft us Oceanic users?

We get 300-500 ping on a US Western server. That is the SAME ping that EU players get. IF you want to make it fair on EVERYONE you would relocate X events to the Lost City server. 1,000 ping is unplayable, thats a full 1 second delay.

-Now for the people who say "why dont you play on RU or China servers?" Most Australians and New Zealanders cant read Chinese or Russian.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    @orinj Please do not forget the Map Resets this up and coming maintenance.

Everyone else, please start a new topic for your random things you want to bring up that have nothing to do with this topic.
    ​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • eranp
    eranp Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Lol everyone got lag in xnw or xtw, seriously ppl can stop to find excuses ? Everybody agrees to say that old nw is boring and the game. I play always with 1/2 friends and i can base lock a nation... we meet always the same squads or fking alts. We don't have fun really. The servers are not active enough for it so we need that xnw back. I'm sure they will find a solution for schedules, btw, maybe Saturday at 10pm CET is good (and ofc move xtw on the Sunday). Otherwise, if this is not possible, Sunday at 9pm CET. I hope to see Wednesday "xnw is back" now... plz o:)
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    spaz95 wrote: »
    @orinj You cant make X Nw/Tw fair for all servers for this one simple reason. If a player is located in the Oceanic Region they will have a permanent 1k ping for that WHOLE EVENT due to your people choosing to host it on an EU server.

xNW/TW is hosted on the old Raging Tide server, which is east coast USA, not Europe.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »

xNW/TW is hosted on the old Raging Tide server, which is east coast USA, not Europe.

Also Im fairly confident that on every server there's more people playing with >200 ping than people playing with <100 ping, so if anything making everyone play with 200+ ping is more fair! Make everyone play with the shjtty handicap of having 500 ping, see who then pretends to be a ''better'' players B)
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »

Then whats the reason for garbage ping for Oceanic users? That is the ping i get on EU sever. Would it be that the servers cant handle the load and just sh*t themselves?
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    Cross server TW has a very nice thing where u can use Dragon coin to purchase a Charm in battle with. NW or even that of Cross Server NW would be better if Such purchase with NW tokens could work the same. It would possible bring out more attendents other then ppl dealing with Time Zones.
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    Only thing that needs a change on Dragons Conquest is the time. Why are north american players, who signed up on north american server, and play on north american servers on a game which the company operates out of north america, being forced to cater to european timed events for over a year now???? You do realize most of the north american servers are at their weakest point during the day at this time... and a lot of players are unable to participate. Get it together PWI, in server TW was ruined when you cut the time in half, Dragons Conquest is all a lot of us have to look forward to now. CHANGE THE TIME or atleast compromise with us the players.. and rotate the time for each season. It's not hard to do, just stop being lazy and provide for your customers please.
  • soulstormer
    soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
    it seems the svs map hasnt really reset, some factions still have some lands on the map
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    i rlly wonder is that hard for PWI staff to do something right without broking something??!!... after maintance xtw map was reset now is back like was before, faction have same land and same point wtf
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    @orinj Could you have your team adress this ASAP because all the lands on Dragon conquest map are still taken like before map reset and furthermore it says faction points for example 500 which was the same as before reset.
    Since map and points didnt get reseted by taking new lands the old rankings on xtw will just be continued and some factions will have 700-1k points right at start while some will have 100-300 points at start making it impossible to be fair game and competition since it will be impossible to catch up to top factions that are more then 600 points ahead ( best case scenario minimum 60 points per week - 10 weeks 600 points just to catch up while other factions can get a lot of points in that time to just get further ahead).

So to conclude XTW (Dragon conquest) map needs to be reset (again) and so do each FACTION POINTS even though the ranking was reseted points werent so they will just continue to carry on old ones which we will find out 2morrow.
  • orinj
    Hmmm..... I'll have them look into this. Thanks.
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • orinj
    Hi, guys. Our dev guy looked into it, and one of the CN Maintenance engineers forgot to wipe some data. We're gonna scrub everything again next maintenance. Apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks.
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Everything as in both TW and xTW maps? Or is the xTW map going to only be reset.
    (I ask to know in the future about map resets---- xTW will then be 1 week short of the 3 month resets)​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• sin20
    superfedee wrote: »
    Hi, guys. Our dev guy looked into it, and one of the CN Maintenance engineers forgot to wipe some data. We're gonna scrub everything again next maintenance. Apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks.

last time PWE tried to reset Dragon Conquest rankings (if i am not mistaken was right about announcement of first xTW season) you ended up disableing event for that week, then week after you restored the event but i think domino came up that rankings could not be reseted or the event would've not worked

: |​​

Rankings are wiped (empty) but points arent so that will just glitch the whole event probably at this rate.
  • sin20
    Everything as in both xtw and tw map again? Cause make sure they wipe only xtw and not tw map.

• monoftalm
    #orinj can you give us update on the probability to bring back xNW?
    <3
  • swimtoo
    swimtoo Posts: 10 Arc User
    XNW was one of the worst things to happen in this game in my opinion. Its completely unfair to have one nation with 2x the players as the other nations, and especially when those players outgear many of the players in other nations. As someone on the smallest server, it was nearly impossible to get enough tokens to make the gear damage, charms, and pots worth it. It ruined server economies and sent prices either tanking or skyrocketing beyond belief. Most of the players who actually need to go to NW to upgrade their gear don't bother to attend due to the lack of tokens that they will be able to get at low gear levels. Also, there is the complete lack of coordination on all servers. The commander is usually picked by someone in the largest faction and everyone in that faction votes for that person. In return, the commander only puts the boosts not on lands that are crucial, but lands where their friends are. After about week 3, no one listened to the commander at all due to the positions power abuse. Perhaps if you do bring it back, bring out a normal NW option. Yes that is hard to do, but make it so that you need two different nation war passes, one pass for the XNW, the other to normal NW, but make it so that you can only take one kind of pass for the week. Also, you can nerf the token amounts on the regular nation war so that the players choosing not to partake in XNW don't have an advantage over those in the XNW. Also, fix the way a commander is picked, as the voting system doesn't work. Just a few suggestions/opinions from me.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    swimtoo wrote: »
    XNW was one of the worst things to happen in this game in my opinion. Its completely unfair to have one nation with 2x the players as the other nations, and especially when those players outgear many of the players in other nations. As someone on the smallest server, it was nearly impossible to get enough tokens to make the gear damage, charms, and pots worth it. It ruined server economies and sent prices either tanking or skyrocketing beyond belief. Most of the players who actually need to go to NW to upgrade their gear don't bother to attend due to the lack of tokens that they will be able to get at low gear levels. Also, there is the complete lack of coordination on all servers. The commander is usually picked by someone in the largest faction and everyone in that faction votes for that person. In return, the commander only puts the boosts not on lands that are crucial, but lands where their friends are. After about week 3, no one listened to the commander at all due to the positions power abuse. Perhaps if you do bring it back, bring out a normal NW option. Yes that is hard to do, but make it so that you need two different nation war passes, one pass for the XNW, the other to normal NW, but make it so that you can only take one kind of pass for the week. Also, you can nerf the token amounts on the regular nation war so that the players choosing not to partake in XNW don't have an advantage over those in the XNW. Also, fix the way a commander is picked, as the voting system doesn't work. Just a few suggestions/opinions from me.

Just make the reward distribution more equal. Everyone who gets over 10k contribution gets 100 base tokens, then the remaining tokens are divvied up among the placing nations. Or give the smaller nations a more significant combat boost, maybe 2x hp?

• marsda
    marsda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    tricksie wrote: »
    xTW will then be 1 week short of the 3 month resets)​​
    According to x-TW rules, it should be off for 2 Weeks after map reset anyway, since it takes 2 lands to qualify for sure for x-TW Slot. Therefore x-TW season always 2 weeks shorter than TW season.

• monoftalm
    We currently have xTW as a drive for most active people to even play game, however, to have fun there you need bigger guild and possibly be under lead of some people you do not want to play with..

xNW was free and open for everyone, you could have been without a guild and with group of friends and still have 100% weekly 2-4 hours xNW fun which rly makes the change in the world.

Bring xNW back at least once.

TY
    <3
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    marsda wrote: »
    xTW will then be 1 week short of the 3 month resets)
    According to x-TW rules, it should be off for 2 Weeks after map reset anyway, since it takes 2 lands to qualify for sure for x-TW Slot. Therefore x-TW season always 2 weeks shorter than TW season.

not really this is not a requirement but an easy way to a confirmed bid.

Likely PWE will have forgot about that setting outright.​​
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    marsda wrote: »
    xTW will then be 1 week short of the 3 month resets)

not really this is not a requirement but an easy way to a confirmed bid.

Likely PWE will have forgot about that setting outright.​​

previous Admin had disabled that, so everyone can test xtw, i suppose after he left no one enabled back

@orinj can you confirm if the event gold is in weekly base as reward per land?
  • x2die4x
    x2die4x Posts: 2 Arc User
    Even with the unequal number of players in xNW across the servers, it was still a blast. The teamwork that squads showed to push other servers back to base was pretty impressive and everyone was still getting tokens as a reward.

I would love to see the event back!