Territory Wars and Dragons' Conquest Reset + Changes to reward structure + X-server Nation Wars?

Comments

• joecisco
    joecisco Posts: 102 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »
    orinj wrote: »
    blah blah blah,

Orinj

We have been promised 3 months reset for TW when Elysium arrived, but never happened. I hope this time it will be a real thing

Don't hold your breath. This IS PWE we're talking about here. They care about as much about their games as I do about sticking my head into a bucket of tar.​​
  • kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    kuglepen wrote: »
    Nation Wars happens twice a week, I still think they should do one of following:
    1. One of the wars happens on european friendly time, other war happens on american friendly time, both being cross server wars.
    2. Only one of the wars are cross server, other is local war.
    3. Back to both being cross server, but the nations are mixed of players from any kind of server

All of them require re writing in some code, so none are gonna happen I guess, sad..

I would REALLY like to see the commander system gone though, if xNW are to come back.

1. its already been stated practically to death that XNW has to happen at the same exact time, because the event has the time hard-coded (another issue to bring up during the China visit), in order to 2 times they would have to host the event on say.... the CE server once and a west coast server the other time. that means 2 servers need to be configured to host the event, which may be logically impossible without changes to the code (again China)
    2. i think they intended to let us keep the 2 local ones and maybe do a third one as X-server.... which i think would be pretty awesome (also same constraint with the event timing)
    3. already stated impossible to mix server populations (again, China, also again... not logistically feasible due to cost and timeframe)

It's not because the things are impossible, it just requires rewriting in some code.. Which I did mention... And I know it won't happen...
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Seems like we face a few potholes in making this work (aside form the logistics portion). Those who were vocally FOR bringing it back that I witnessed on my server are strangely absent from this discussion and there's (as yet) any sort of solid workarounds. Trying to do 2 time slots seems to wreck havoc if its too late in the day (say on a Saturday evening) because it could cause complications on the actual event with the huge time gap. Touching anything in the code might be a no go for now, and the further we deviate from the CN version the more things might be prone to break. Definitely the first step is to make a sheet of all the TW and NW slot times for each "coast" + EU and see where the gaps are.

If these times are wrong feel free to correct me but as it stands now we have TW time slots at Friday 10:30 pm - 10:40 pm Saturday 5:00 pm - 5:10 pm Sunday 5:00 pm - 5:10 pm Sunday 6:30 pm - 6:40 pm and Monday 2:00 pm - 2:10 pm (These times are based off of West Coast Server time). Dragon's Conquest is Saturdays at 11 AM (I believe this time is also West Coast). NW is Friday and Sunday at 8:20PM to 10:20 PM (West Coast Hours). So based on this XNW might have to go into an 11 AM time slot on Sunday to accommodate all servers...unless anyone finds a better time on this spread of weekend events? That's just the one that immediately jumped out at me, if that's already been a slot don't eat me hah! I didn't do alot of xNW when it was around so I never paid attention to the time slot for it.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ^^ she gets it. Replace Sundays interserver NW'S with the X server NW. It should start at 11 am pst and I'm basically just repeating what she wrote. Also I was a bit vocal on the other thread. I'll get that thread creator to post here as we in same faction :smiley:
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I personally dont understand the people who are against xNW but are in favor of regular NW...

xNW and regular NW are the exact same thing, except NW is the dead and abandonned version of xNW. If all the servers were still active enough regular NW would look exactly like xNW did... So basically the people against xNW that do like NW are basically saying they only wanna do NW if there isnt any people doing it. Why does PWI choose to cater to people that wanna do a PvP event without people? Isnt the whole point of a PvP event that there's actual people to PvP against? :|

I fail to see the logic whenpeople are voting against playing with people in an MMORPG, do they not grasp the concept of a MMORPG? Wudnt these people be more happy playing Stardew Valley? :s very confusin :sweat:
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    @heero200 the vote is evenly split. Interesting! But I think I've said this in another thread, but 6 months was the old schedule wasn't it? Back in the day, 1 whole faction would own the map or the top 2. General server apathy though can do this regardless of whether its 4 months or 6 to be fair.

General-Yes it sucks that we can't mix up the nation lay out a bit better (i.e. having it be various servers thrown in instead of each server being a "nation"), but it's nice to see another attempt is made to try and see if there's some sort of common ground to be achieved. Hopefully we can find something this time around that'll work.

Yes Was unexpected. However when the vote closed at a 4 Month winning.

I really think 4 months would be about right. for the below reasons.

1. it takes up to a month to get a higher tear land meaning 3 months would be left for TW.
    2. Less work for our lovley Devs and GM team. Less resets mean less work less to post less rewards less man power less time and less money.
    3. 4 Months would make 3 TW seasons a year. Rather than 4 making it easier to manage.
    4. Its what most people would be happy with its not to short like 3 months but not long enough like 6 for a faction to take a map. Well lets face it its right in the middle of the times.

Really some of the points merge to one. but really and setup it needs someone to keep the dates. I hereby appoint myself "TW times Keeper" dam was that title not taken...

REALLY REALLY like the new rewards setup good for factions that still try. Tho Rewards needs to be opened to suggestions really... May be ill do so tonight I really think some ideas would shine in this. Another thing I would like to see in TW is like XTW anyone that attends gets a reward by the system. that stops it when people dont attend but expect coin and when coin is shared but people miss out etc. I know it to the faction leader... but this is something that would just save a bit off hassle and give people something to TW for!

Gates to TW are now boarding on Gate 3,2,1 GO!!!​​
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    I'm happy with 3 months, and all the cool changes he listed.
    I think we all ought to be instead of nitpicking x.x
    ​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    daymond wrote: »
    I'm happy with 3 months, and all the cool changes he listed.
    I think we all ought to be instead of nitpicking x.x

You voted for 3 months in the vote.

And dont get me wrong LOVE the changes. Really Really Hope they keep to them. Just at the point im trying to make it would be a lot easier for them. with out havin 2 much impact on us.​​
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Oh my gawd, yes bring XNW back. I will love you forever!​​
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Like its already been metioned, but I support the idea of having cross server nw on just Sunday in lieu of regular Nation Wars.
    I believe the time it was held was at 8 pm CST (11am PST), this time slot makes it accessible to most people on all the servers ( I believe).
    Leave Nation Wars on Friday alone, keeping it the way it currently is.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    instead of antagonizing these people, who are actually trying very hard to make positive changes in our game, with changes that are next to impossible (like forcing devs to re-code events, which is not as easy as some ppl insist it is).....

lets just stick to working within the constraints we have. i made my opinion known already as it pertains to timing so i wont repeat it.

for TW prizes, i am highly in favor of at prizes including:

- a choice of a pet,mount, or flyer (customized or one of the ones not used in our version) which the faction will choose together (the leader of course will submit that decison)

- a customized title, i think they tried this already but ran into trouble iirc. again it would be at consensus of the faction and the leader would submit the choice

- mats of some sort, in a reasonable amount. things that are somewhat rare or hard to find like ancient emblems (since 2nd and 3rd round of faction trials was deactivated, make use of those rewards for TW), or starchart or war avatar or neuma items (less of these but enough so members who are not immensely rich will feel the difference. or R8RR mats, those are pretty versatile.

- a limited number of high tiered gear, like with dragon's conquest. between 5-10 of them, basically copies of the actual gear with diff names and flavor text declaring it the gear of a TW winner (isnt the DC helm basically a CoM with a diff name?) these should not be tradeable and the leader needs to submit the names of the member they are to be distributed to. however that list of people is created is up to that faction.

- a high quality homestead item, like a TROPHY for all members so they can showcase how many seasons of TW they have been victorious in. maybe it can be a statue of their class and gender. i REALLY LOVE THIS IDEA AS IT POPPED INTO MY HEAD.

- a 3-month unique (as in not in the boutique) weapon fashion chosen from a list of options, selection to be made by faction leader. while your faction is the reigning champion you will have the fashion to prove it.
  • makeumad
    makeumad Posts: 19 Arc User
    elyora2 wrote: »
    Oh my gawd, yes bring XNW back. I will love you forever!

Angry_No_Meme_01.jpg​​
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Assuming you will bring back xnw along with nw it would make more sense to have xnw on friday rather then Sunday, Just because time wise it would be very late for people on the East and West cost servers. Many people who play have jobs also so if your going to have a late event (assuming it'll be the same time as before) it would make sense having it going into the weekend rather then going into the week especially on a Monday.
  • blue20
    blue20 Posts: 46 Arc User
    A 3 month reset is realy not good for most factions even non Tw guilds because as many have stated it takes 1-2 months just for the map to actualy get filled again this causes 2 probolems .
    First of which is the Winning guild for prizes If there is 2 very big Tw guilds on a server or even 3 all they need to do is start on oposite ends to eachother and wipe all small guilds and avoid eachother causing no actual winner of the season if more then one guild owns equal lands.
    Second reason being Resource war which affects even non Tw guilds a reset after 3 months and it taking 1-2 just for resource war to be activated again means 1 month only for a guild to have resource wars , and if like on DA a few seasons ago a big faction decides to land lock a tier 2 or 3 land such as the tideborn home town then they can prevent a Resource war at all that season.
  • phoeny1
    phoeny1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I dont post alot on the forums but.... after reading the above I cant stop. LOL

As a player in Central Time Zone, playing on a Pacific Time Zone server I have found that I am unable (and in some cases dont want) to participate in all the tw/nw the game provides. I work M-F from 0730-1630 so my weekend goes something like this:
    Friday
    1700 get home from work, eat supper, do dailies,
    2220-0020 NW,
    Saturday
    0030-0200 TW
    0230-0800 sleep (lol gotta do it sometime)
    0800-1230 clean house, do yard, grocery shop,
    1230-1400 XTW
    1430-1900 rest of errands (family time)
    1900-2030 TW
    2030- ???? Dailies and upper instances if offered
    Sunday
    0800-1200 Church and family time
    1230-2220 dailies, laundry etc, as needed
    2220- To bed cause tomorrow is work and cant stay up
    So for right now I am missing Sunday night's nation wars and most times XTW.

I liked doing the XNW with the exception of the time being skewed towards the EU server, but quit going as it was a charm **** due to the inequality of numbers of players available to go from all servers. I also quit going to XTW because of the time of day it was offered. 1230 in the middle of Saturday was hard to work around.

I honestly think that the TW times need to be looked at for Friday night/Saturday morning with a suggestion of making 1 day (multiple times) for TW (Saturday) and 1 day for NW/XNW (Sunday). I would love to do all events, but find time constraints because of real life higher priorities (family, work, etc) do not allow me to attend.

Phew.. what a book!!! LOL Sorry for the rant. I have been playing PW since beta, seen many changes and still think this is the best game around to play, and look forward to playing for many years.
  • daymond
    3 months is plenty of time.
    Right now our season has only been 4 months, and already only 5 guilds control everything.

3 of those guilds dont stand any chance at all vs the other 2.

The 3 months which @orinj announced is good. It will allow more guilds to actively participate in wars, and will allow more than just 2 major guilds to dominate each server. We might end up with a more even distribution of power among the large factions.

I think this plan is excellent.
    Thank you @orinj
    pig-1.gif​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Right now our season has only been 4 months, and already only 5 guilds control everything.

Thank you @orinj
    pig-1.gif​​

Could always just gank one of those 2 factions with 100 factions ;)

• darkdemen
    darkdemen Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    surtr wrote: »
    part of me knows its not feasible but maybe do 2 sets of XNW, the 2 most westerly servers and the two other servers?
    As you surmised, this is also not possible. XNW requires four different servers to operate properly.
    PWRU had XNWs with 2/3 servers. Other 2/1 nation(s) were just empty. AND PWRU is almost full copy of PWCN. Why is it not possible on PWI?
  • daymond
    edited July 2016
    dingo488 wrote: »

Thank you @orinj
    pig-1.gif

I'll let Dball know you suggested it? :P​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • cbanananf
    cbanananf Posts: 34 Arc User
    The Friday 22:30 TW time slot is the most horrible time ever... is either too late or most people won't go because they just spent 2 hours in NW :s
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    cbanananf wrote: »
    The Friday 22:30 TW time slot is the most horrible time ever... is either too late or most people won't go because they just spent 2 hours in NW :s

I strongly agree with this, other than the Friday TW timeslot the other ones are fine. Is there any way to switch that timeslot or at the very least make it last priority? I am in a faction that can normally get 30 - 35 people showing up for TW, but that Friday slot last night we had 16... Most people just can't or don't wanna do it.

• cbanananf
    cbanananf Posts: 34 Arc User
    cbanananf wrote: »

I strongly agree with this, other than the Friday TW timeslot the other ones are fine. Is there any way to switch that timeslot or at the very least make it last priority? I am in a faction that can normally get 30 - 35 people showing up for TW, but that Friday slot last night we had 16... Most people just can't or don't wanna do it.

we got 12 last night *sigh
  • monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    Bring Back XNW as this is the event that will further develop the game and make more ppl come back or stay in it.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1204777/did-you-attend-nw-pros-and-cons-vs-xnw-please/p5
    <3
  • youllnevergetme
    youllnevergetme Posts: 62 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »

Thank you @orinj
    pig-1.gif

I'll let Dball know you suggested it? :P

Good idea. Next weekend maybe 3 or more TWs lost? tiger-2.gif​​
    nerd.png
    Live to win, 'till you die, 'till the light dies in your eyes
    Live to win, take it all, just keep fighting till you fall
    Obsessive, compulsive, suffocate your mind
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2016

The 3 months which @orinj announced is good. It will allow more guilds to actively participate in wars, and will allow more than just 2 major guilds to dominate each server. We might end up with a more even distribution of power among the large factions.

Thank you @orinj
    pig-1.gif​​

And to what extent do you think all these mom and pop guilds deserve to hold multiple lands? TW should be an ultimate endgame goal to strive for, not something that lvl 95 characters in tt90 should be able to achieve.

There needs to be some exclusive events geared towards endgame characters, or there won't actually be an incentive to strive for endgame. TW has traditionally always been that event. That was what the PWI devs designed it for.

Frequent resets are unfair because a faction fielding a full 80 vs 80 NEEDS multiple lands just to cover expenses. We aren't rolling in dough as you would expect, because one serious TW can burn literally hundreds of charms over all members, as well as potions, defense charms, NW pots, resource war pots, etc. That's one reason why large factions are unwilling to fight each other every week. The number of lands owned just doesn't pay off anymore. And then we have to spread any remaining TW pay (lol) over to 60+ players, as well as maintain websites and vent servers, all of which cost real money.

And all for what? 10m per land, which translates to 2.5 gold? That doesn't even buy a single charm.

If TW seasons get any shorter it'll simply not be worth it anymore. Might as well just break up into multiple tiny guilds and log in once a week for a no-effort-or-preparation-or-organization-needed PVE war and wined TW's. At least everyone gets to participate, though!

I think a fair analogy to compare with would be EVE online. Both PWI and EVE have extremely slow progression, and massive firefights in EVE can burn through the equivalent of literally hundreds of thousands of US dollars. PWI TW's aren't quite as massive as those battles, but there does need to be some sort of reward for conducting those massive battles or people simply won't be motivated to do them (The people who willingly pk in SP are a small minority).

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Let me start by saying thank you @thenamesdomino and @orinj for all of the major work you guys have out in, in the last few months. I became inactive about 3 months ago due to the fact I figured PWI just didn't give a hoot anymore. You guys are making it really hard not to return to my card cash spending days on this game xD keep it up!!
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    Here's a suggestion. The hp/ mp charms that you can buy from the npc in dragon quest battles that last for two hours. Can that same npc be put into the tw instance on each sides starting point? That could alleviate the problems that some people have towards farming enough money to afford them.