Territory Wars and Dragons' Conquest Reset + Changes to reward structure + X-server Nation Wars?

Options

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    As for XTW.

I find it bad design you would have a Static time for events to happen when you have systems that run Internationally. I know PWCN covers 1 or 2 time zones but other Versions Like us and more cover a lot of time zones.

Any future events should have a setting that can be accessed via the Web interface to change times and dates. So any Trained GM could handle this. To be fair once set up it should not need to be changed.

For XNW in its self.

XNW does not need to exist as part of the current NW. I do not see any reason why they cant restrict with a small amount of work to 1 Server and 1 Server Vs Server. (Really to balance this it need to be mixed up. This would make things very interesting. but again from what I understand hard work)

So as suggested before.
    1. NPC spawns Friday night for NW and gives an Token Of NW War. This NPC does not go till after XNW. Tokens of NW War can be exchanged for NW tokens at the normal NPC to start the war. Either normal NW or on the XNW server. (1 Token Per Account - Tokens have a 48 Hour time limit)
    2. NW will run as normal on a Friday night 8pm server time.
    3. XNW will run as normal on Sunday 8pm X-Server Time.
    4. Since TW times have already been changed this would not clash with them.

As you can only get 1 token you can only attend one of the NW. Reward Tokens would remain as normal amounts until numbers are factored in. Meaning... You can do 1 NW/XNW per week but both events run at different times and if you like you could still do XNW one week and NW the week after. MOST not all but most time zones would also be covered.

Failing that make and Give out a Server Move Stone... as for the future please make sure events are not hard coded to the times they run. Ill be sane as well in saying you will likely have problems with times for all future events if this design continues.

On a last note PWI it would be a good idea to have a way to get charms on the XNW server like the Tokens in XTW. O and an open XServer Map would be on the hit list as well Size as Morai or Primal. FULLY PK enabled (Some Towns as safe zones) with some NASTY bosses Hell eveyone would be PKin each other for the Boss.

Thanks.

H.​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    instead of antagonizing these people, who are actually trying very hard to make positive changes in our game, with changes that are next to impossible (like forcing devs to re-code events, which is not as easy as some ppl insist it is).....
    But what happened to the code which allowed us to xNW for almost half a year? I understand there can be some issues and whatnot, but it WORKED before.
    I'm not antagonizing, only wonder.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    @heero200 you had me until you said you get exactly 1 NW a week it's the only form of pvp left you actually can get if you ask me more than 20-30min. On DA it's like 25min ok then it's ok ok well cya in 2-3 days for next session rather let us go to both but one normal and one cross so all the cry babies who like to pretend normal NW is much more fair with each server having a dyin community just so they can feel like winners :/ sorry but that's how it sounds to me. I admit I QQ for more pvp but atleast that makes more sense than saying normal NW is fun when literally no server from what I'm told has a population that can support a massive supply of good large battles like cross did. I would gladly move to any server with the lowest attendance just to be able to get my cross server back for me it's not about winning it's about killing and being killed
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • asira#9530
    asira#9530 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    tbh. I like the answer of orinj ... u guys .. u will never be satisfy no matter .. idk why this issue with time i play pwi like 5 years now . i wake up at 5.45 am every single nw as for tw i m always at 3 am until 5 am awake.
    so ,why the hell ur never satisfy . are plenty ppl like me who never complain but enjoy the game as it is.
    i read forum always n i never see satisfaction but lot of complains
    from my personal wiew U DO A GREAT JOB . > FOR SUPORT TEAM AND DEVS MODS ECT.. I THANK YOU :)

ps : when i was having any complains i ticket, and they always answer back solving any issue that i encount.:smile:

• dicapa#9166
    dicapa#9166 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks for the update!
  • heerohex#3018
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @blazerboy I understand. Sadly this would be as I say the most efficient way to stop taking advantage of this. However and this is not something that I would advertise You could take another account toon to the other one. This in theory would also reduce alts as people that could do both would. Would also be interesting with the gear gap on these. Its just to cover as much of a time zone as possible. The only other idea and this is not possible due to hard code event times would be to start XNW at 8pm US time on Friday and 8pm EU time on Sunday or vice versa.

Also we have the new PvP event coming soon. It would be nice to have a small open SvS PvP map with quests and World bosses. As the X Server does not really do anything during the week it would have some use.

If you have any suggestions to this mark up let me know.

@asira#9530 Its not possible to cover all timezones. Hence why I dont understand the Hard code for Event times. The last thing is when servers started we had no EU server. So a large not the biggest but my any means are on a server out of timezone. The same issue was caused in the merge. This means many people cant get up or do events because of and ill cover all this with one word LifeStyle. In most cases these are not something that can be changed. Yes we have to deal with it the point remains that anyone on a US server who cant do say NW may likely fall behind, as with missing good PvP events that make this game interesting. Notice I did not say WILL in that part.

As you said you will never please everyone. Again and to quote "I don't believe in no win scenarios" Their is always a way to win or find a viable solution.​​
  • blazerboy
    Options
    @heero200 while you do make a great degree of sense the issue I have with having just one is people will complain (shocker?) that they enjoy both events and don't understand why can't they participate in both if they are available which imo is hilarious. Personally if they could just make a full pvp zone as in the bloody gultch as stated in another thread is wouldn't even care about XNW and I suppose many won't because of the fact you can't please everyone...
  • andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    Options
    TW season: 4 months, simply because there are more RWs. But if the 3 months decision was made, that's fine.

1 NW and 1 XNW sounds like a good idea. Times? I don't really care, NW is at 3 AM for me, if I want to go I wake up, no matter when it is. Same for RW.

Dragon's Conquest: Love it.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Orinj there will always be people who will complain no matter what. What is obvious however is that the vast majority of your most loyal players/customers REALLY want x-Nw. You're going to **** a few people off, but X-NW will really re-vitalize the game which is good for both the players and your bottom line. IMO just pick a time and players will either make do or deal with it.

A lot more players are unhappy right now because they miss X-NW. Too many people now care only about missing out on a couple extra supply tokens and not about having an actual fun, competitive experience in the game.
  • illuminay
    illuminay Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Sticking to giving feedback within the set conditions (1-3), since trying to make bigger changes to the system requires larger changes and might make it impossible to get anything done in reasonable time.

1. Event has to take place across all regions on the same server day. - Limitations on the code level.

As I understand this limitation it means you can not have the event at a time that puts the EU and US players in different days in local timezone (crossing midnight).
    That makes any weekday Monday – Friday a bad choice, since the latest you could start x-nw would be 21-22:00 EU time, which makes it middle of the day for US players. Alternatively it could start at 01:00 PST which would make it late night / middle of night / early morning for all players. Which is not a good option either.

That leaves two possible days of having x-nw and standard nw can remain on Fridays (which satisfies those that still want to play "locally").

Saturday or Sunday:
    I think starting x-nw in the night or early morning is a bad time for many, both US and EU players. That leaves the possible time range of something like 07:00 – 13:00 PST / 16:00 – 22:00 CET.

On Saturdays Dragon Conquest runs at 11:00 PST / 20:00 CET in addition Saturday is the main TW day.

2. Event cannot overlap into standard nation wars. - Can't rob Pedro to pay Paulo.

Should be solvable by having normal NW on Fridays and x-NW on Saturday or Sunday.

3. Event scheduling has to be fair to all servers. - Otherwise, this wouldn't be much of an event.
    Given the limitations of (1) it is is diffecult to find any slot that is fair to all or even a good way to rotate the time-slots in a fair way. Making it unfair to all is a possibility, but lets not concider government solutions :)

So for me this becomes a two-step choice. It is better to have x-NW at imperfect timeslot, than no x-NW at all? By imperfect I mean that it either overlaps with TW and Dragon Conquest or that it starts in the middle of the day / early morning. (For some evenings are the bad timeslot and middle of day is great).

So which day is the best, Saturday or Sunday? I can only speak for myself, but I would prefer Sundays since Saturday is already an event day for my faction, with TW and Dragon Conquest.

In my opinion it is better to have more (good or bad) events, than less events. We have to try and make the best out of the game we have and find workable solutions within the limitations that exist. Sure we can discuss what might have been or how it should be changed, but lets not get lost down that path and focus on whats actually possible and get something, instead of nothing :)
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    @illuminay one other problem is the server time must be in front or equal to the other servers or their has been data issues when running toons back to a server in the past. Meaning Account data corruption. And no account.

Meaning the time they have is like paradox. lets face is that's bad and not worth changing for the risk it.

Thanks.​​
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    X nw worked before on Sundays 11:20 am pst (7:20 pm cst? sorry not my time zone)
    So no point fixing things that aren't broken...
  • monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    Options
    XNW PLEASE this will save us and ppl will invest again!
    <3
  • killermystic
    killermystic Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    Errr, nop. If you guys really think that the community wants xNW back, just make a poll with a good system to avoid bots or same person vote and let's see what comes out of this.

When we got xNW all you could see day after day is rage due to the such broken system xNW has. China won't change it to make it balanced or fair in anyway, so just bury it deep low for once and all.

The only people interested in xNW are the very end gamers so that they can have more populated maps to pvp with others. I don't blame them for wanting more pvp competition and fun, but the way this event is set up now, it's impossible. They can't bring xNW back to benefit the selected few who will get fun of this, denigrating the large population who truly needs the event (and the only one with those specific tokens) to gear up.
    dregenfox wrote: »
    Orinj there will always be people who will complain no matter what. What is obvious however is that the vast majority of your most loyal players/customers REALLY want x-Nw. You're going to **** a few people off, but X-NW will really re-vitalize the game which is good for both the players and your bottom line. IMO just pick a time and players will either make do or deal with it.

A lot more players are unhappy right now because they miss X-NW. Too many people now care only about missing out on a couple extra supply tokens and not about having an actual fun, competitive experience in the game.

• dregenfox
    Options
    Errr, nop. If you guys really think that the community wants xNW back, just make a poll with a good system to avoid bots or same person vote and let's see what comes out of this.

When we got xNW all you could see day after day is rage due to the such broken system xNW has. China won't change it to make it balanced or fair in anyway, so just bury it deep low for once and all.

The only people interested in xNW are the very end gamers so that they can have more populated maps to pvp with others. I don't blame them for wanting more pvp competition and fun, but the way this event is set up now, it's impossible. They can't bring xNW back to benefit the selected few who will get fun of this, denigrating the large population who truly needs the event (and the only one with those specific tokens) to gear up.
    dregenfox wrote: »

I'm not even near endgame. Losing a couple tokens every week isn't gonna do **** for my gear in all honesty. I'm just tired of fighting empty maps or watching 5 different low lvl alts farming NPC's in NW. If need be, make token distribution more equal, I'll gladly give up a few tokens for a chance at more populated NW's.

• jec123
    jec123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    While X-NW does sound good for the most part to the players that want it back.. there are also quite a few items that make it sound maybe not so good for some players as well.

1:) Timing- The same server usually wins due to having a few hundred more players.

2:) The process for becoming NW Commander needs to be looked at. No player should be able to cast more than 1 ballot and or Impose limitations on the amount of times a player can be NW Commander in a given month. This may not be possible without changing too much of the coding. Left the old way, PWI might as well make the Commander slot a Bidding Hall item like skill books and flyers are now.
    Example: player X is NW Commander 4 weeks in a row , week 1 and 2 player X ran unopposed and only 35-50 votes were cast total, however on the weeks 3 and 4 player X and player Y are trying for the slot of Commander, now each player gets 95-130 votes cast for each person, where did these extra voters come from? It was argued these votes came from the free ballots you got each week and you had to vote or lose them,if this were true..and 190-260 total votes were cast on week 3 and 4 would you not expect more than 25-50 votes cast on weeks 1 and 2?

3:) X-NW will cause a huge increase in price of SOW's Uncanny and Raps.From the Seller view this is good but makes the buyer who is struggling to get R9 3rd gear or NW upgrades done spend roughly 230% more per piece of gear. Think back to the price of summerwind tokens hitting 100M each due to limited amounts of uncanny and raptures. While it would most likely take some time to occur it will happen.
  • monoftalm
    Options
    XNW is only event that saved the game, now thats xTW - lets be honest, without xTW many players would quit, and its the OP ones that make this game roll - no disrespect to everyone still working on gear.
    <3
  • lightpheonixx
    lightpheonixx Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    XNW shouldn't even be brought back. There were trouble when it was here and people find it more fun fighting their own server in Normal NW. Least the numbers in your server are more even when it was server vs server. Its no fun when your server is 200ish people against one thats like over 400. Even on your time slot will be troubling so why even bother with it, just forget XNW was ever here and move on..
  • dillpickle#9755
    dillpickle#9755 Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    > @lightpheonixx said:
    > XNW shouldn't even be brought back. There were trouble when it was here and people find it more fun fighting their own server in Normal NW. Least the numbers in your server are more even when it was server vs server. Its no fun when your server is 200ish people against one thats like over 400. Even on your time slot will be troubling so why even bother with it, just forget XNW was ever here and move on..

I agree 110%.
  • dregenfox
    Options
    XNW shouldn't even be brought back. There were trouble when it was here and people find it more fun fighting their own server in Normal NW. Least the numbers in your server are more even when it was server vs server. Its no fun when your server is 200ish people against one thats like over 400. Even on your time slot will be troubling so why even bother with it, just forget XNW was ever here and move on..

That's kinda sad, server NW where each nation can barely fill 3-4 full squads is pretty bad too. On Dawnglory there's up to 500 for NW, and that was during a big soccer event.

Numbers and balance should definitely be looked at, some servers are in a really pathetic state as above post has described.

• monoftalm
    Options
    What we could do is boost rewards for servers that have less people or average soul-force,

Even, I always vent for touchdowns of the DA base, its fun to fight players that can match you with gear, I am sure other strong ppl go for strong too - its more fun.

BRING BACK XNW ND DRINKS ON ME D:
    <3
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    (Ignoring all that was said before me, if this is a repeat, I apologize)

Personally, imo, having XNW at first was a pain since the victor was always claimed and the Commander system was abused for one's self enrichment.

After having it, then having it gone, I've come to notice that in many aspects it was better in the way that you get the same tokens for half the pots/charm use vs if you went into Local Nation Wars twice, for twice the expense.

Top of that, I hate Territory Wars being 10 mins after Friday nights Nation Wars... it's a pain.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    monoftalm wrote: »
    XNW is only event that saved the game, now thats xTW - lets be honest, without xTW many players would quit, and its the OP ones that make this game roll - no disrespect to everyone still working on gear.

What fantasy land are you living in? XNW was horrible for the majority of players, evidenced by the constant flood of complaints by said players on these forums. Barring a few outliers, the only people that want that travesty back are those from DA who had it on easy street, and those with maxed out gear who traveled in big squads. On top of the grossly unbalanced nations, the timeslot is lousy for most players, except of course, those on DA.

As far as XTW "saving" the game, that event is a joke. It could disappear tomorrow without any impact. It's a clunky mess with terrible matchmaking. That wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wait until the event started to see if it was even worth showing up.
  • blazerboy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Personally I haven't upgraded my character in 4 months due to the fact the game is dry without xTW qq. Normal NW on a sever with "a large population" hahaha jk majority are Alts. But in all seriousness barely anyone on DawnGlory even play anymore without it they log for tw and xTW laters cya in a week :( breaks my heart the game is so bleh
  • dregenfox
    Options
    perrion wrote: »

What fantasy land are you living in? XNW was horrible for the majority of players, evidenced by the constant flood of complaints by said players on these forums. Barring a few outliers, the only people that want that travesty back are those from DA who had it on easy street, and those with maxed out gear who traveled in big squads. On top of the grossly unbalanced nations, the timeslot is lousy for most players, except of course, those on DA.

As far as XTW "saving" the game, that event is a joke. It could disappear tomorrow without any impact. It's a clunky mess with terrible matchmaking. That wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wait until the event started to see if it was even worth showing up.

No, most players ended up enjoying X-NW and just wanted the issues fixed, instead of it being taken away. You're still going to have to deal with op squads in normal NW, just there won't be another OP squad to back you up since there's not enough people.

Most who come here to complain on the boards are not a majority.

Just give the losing nations a bonus amount of supply tokens, X-NW is a bigger event and so should reward more tokens anyway imo.

• blazerboy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The biggest complaint is the numbers issue and since it's too much work (how it sounds to me sorry) to make the cross server kinda like a normal server and randomly throw people in nations this is where the problem resides most, the time zones. But even if you change the timezone I'm not sure besides the old Friday time slot which did throw NA players under the bus badly you can really fix the whole numbers thing. DA has a larger community than most servers it is what it is. Make Friday more NA friendly and Sunday more EU friendly.

I'm not sure if many EU work Saturdays so having them stay up a little later on Saturdays morning can't be too bad on them that way NA can show full force because not many work around say after 1800 PDT the only downside is that's roughly 300 to EU which yes does suck but at least you can show full force or have the potential if planned according (sleep early) vs hoping you get off work early (unlikely)

But the easier solution in my opinion and a few others is make Friday normal NW Sunday normal NW at 2000 EU time it's really the best option if they refuse to edit the patches and make us go to random nations well that's just how I see it reading many people's input
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    But what happened to the code which allowed us to xNW for almost half a year? I understand there can be some issues and whatnot, but it WORKED before.
    I'm not antagonizing, only wonder.
    ​​

well i was more referring to the constant demand for xnw to occur at a diff server time, a concept that has been beaten to death and answered pretty extensively. the event i hard-coded and the time is not movable, they can only host it from a different server which means, unless the China dev's change their code in China, that we have currently 4 options for when to have xnw.

other wants mixed armies but that has also been addressed. we can't mix the characters because of possible corruption with player toons and items. this is unlike the server merges because of how the normalization works. again, i believe the issue here is the cost to change is prohibitive, as in not worth the time or effort.

i think we have done a great job of moving past that part though, and we can suggest more logistically possible solutions.

• monoftalm
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I second the fact that people that complaint do post here the most while others have fun playing

And when we compare impact of xNW vs NW in player numbers, impact, gold spent, well..

PWI can see for sure that there has been a drop in activity since xNW got shot down...

Gearing up did spike because of xNW, where players wanted to get better themselves to test skills vs everyone else.

And yes, its absolutely ridiculous now if one nation has 2-3 strong squads other cant do anything, which was not the case in xNW.

Bring XNW back, save PWI.
    <3
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    PWI can see for sure that there has been a drop in activity since xNW got shot down...
    There was a big drop in activity when XNW first came out too. Well maybe not on your server, but the other 3.

As far as this current drop, I'd say it has less to do with NW and more to do with the crappy expansion. With the new content focused around a horrid (and expensive) home building simulation with the end goal being terribly unbalanced G17 weapons that are years away for even the most ardent of farmers, it's no small wonder players have become disinterested. At least that's the situation for me.
  • monoftalm
    Options
    in xTW you cant bring alts as easy, id say 20% now and before in NW are alts, expansion wouldnt be as crappy if there was xNW to gear for :(

<3