• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    magprrince wrote: »
    you dont like DuskBlades ? O.O

dbs really sincerely need nerfed. They are worse than sins at this point.​​
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User

eirghan said:

;( i was hoping this would balance dbs. Seems like they just get even more op than other classes.

In DB defense their class did kill a god ijs pan gu son created them and then was killed by us ... i mean them .. because um ... im not a db ... um no most certainly am not o:)

qft

• geewiz#7541
    geewiz#7541 Posts: 6 Arc User
    is pwi adding the update on the normal skills ? or just the ultimate skills ?
  • rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @thenamesdomino is there any way you guys can tinker with the numbers on the skills? instead of 5-minute cooldowns perhaps lower them to 2 minutes or something...so the skills are actually usable :P I love new skills as much as the next guy, but with a 5-minute cooldown I dont even have room on my skillbar for a skill like that, its all cool and all for 1v1 PvP, but 1v1 PvP is terrible, I really wish for skills like that to be a bit more usable, this goes for all classes :pensive:
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    so for cast the skill we must have that item also?
  • chary
    @thenamesdomino is there any way you guys can tinker with the numbers on the skills? instead of 5-minute cooldowns perhaps lower them to 2 minutes or something...so the skills are actually usable :P I love new skills as much as the next guy, but with a 5-minute cooldown I dont even have room on my skillbar for a skill like that, its all cool and all for 1v1 PvP, but 1v1 PvP is terrible, I really wish for skills like that to be a bit more usable, this goes for all classes :pensive:

lolno. You will deal with 5min cds for hella OP skills (for the most part), thanks.​​
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    A few notes Kitty made:
    -Will it be possible to upgrade ultis to lvl 2 at launch or we get the lvl 2 upgrades later? Only 2 of them mentioned what lvl 2 does.
    -There's a typo in Barb-ulti. "...within 12 meters every 3 seconds, up to 55 times."
    -In Avatar of the Blade (seeker ulti), it says "Increases your movement by 50% and your weapon damage by 200%". Does that mean it increases the weapon damage itself (the sum of physical attack-stats in gears/war avatars/titles) by 200% (essentially making it 3x before str., mastery and buff multipliers) or does it increase your base damage by 200% of your weapon attack? If it's the latter case, the text better be edited to "and your base damage by 200% of weapon damage". Would help avoid confusion and save Kitty's nerves a bit if she needs to correct people who misunderstood due to possibly misleading skill description.
    To further clarify: base damage = weapon damage sum x (mastery% + buffs% + (str points/150) )
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Afaik weapon damage is all Atk add-on written on gear, be it avatar, rings, starchart, accessories, engraves. Not limited to Weapon slot. The only thing that's using Weapon ATK is archer's fire buff, I think it's been discussed somewhere and I have personally tested it, haven't tested other classes' elemental buff though, I have only tested archer's.

I bet the Ultimate skill level 2 will add more duration to it. It already looks super OP for most classes. >_<
    Post edited by freygin on
  • rikkert1234
    edited April 2016
    chary said:

lolno. You will deal with 5min cds for hella OP skills (for the most part), thanks.​​

well I dont think they are that OP, most of these skills are quite vital in keeping certain classes relevant.

Granted the Duskblade skill is stupid overpowered, and in no ways fits with the type of class/role a Duskbalde is trying to fulfill.

The Psychic skill looks completely unusable, no matter what you make the cooldown, I dont see why you would wanna lose all your soulforce for 30 seconds just so u can have 50k extra magic attack for like 3-4 skills, provided you dont get stunned/sealed or anything else, not to mention all 4 of those skills are prolly just gonna punch into magic defense charms.

The Barb skill I have 0 clue about, I guess it looks strong but Its unusable without apot so that kinda limits how much you can use it.

The wizard/BM/Archer/Sin/Cleric/Mystic/Seeker/Stormbringer/Venomancer skills simply wont do anything on such a long cooldown tho I personally feel like they would help classes do their job better, and tbh I think if they all had their cooldown lowered to 1 or 2 minutes it wud be fine.

• jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    Though in TW and other suport roles clerics Op skill damn nice very dissapointed if unable use on self be first heal clerics can use them selves.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • beast21g
    For the barb ultimate skill i'm trying to find how it would be used. A continuesly AOE attack losing 10% of hp every 5 seconds for 20 seconds it is suicide. And with a chance to paralyse targets for 2 secons is nothing. Make it 100% paralyze and maybe work in some cases
  • chary
    beast21g wrote: »
    For the barb ultimate skill i'm trying to find how it would be used. A continuesly AOE attack losing 10% of hp every 5 seconds for 20 seconds it is suicide. And with a chance to paralyse targets for 2 secons is nothing. Make it 100% paralyze and maybe work in some cases

What is invoke.​​
  • beast21g
    chary said:

beast21g wrote: »

What is invoke.​​

still ulti skill doesnt make any diference from what i read.
    If we dont see it in action how it works i will calm down
  • rikkert1234

lmfao you forgot to turn on the brain this morning, that ulti opens to so many combos... bm aoe reel + barb ult, storm ult + barb ult, cleric ult + top barb ult, vortex + barb ult... pretty much you can follow up\make it follow up any aoe CC, aoe nuke with it

I love that what you call ''combo's'' is really just AoE skills layered on top of each other. Now ask yourself this, what is better, an AoE cast from 30 meters away or an AoE cast from melee range.

I have to see the barb ulti in action to make a real judgement on how good it is, but what you describe as a factor that makes the skill so good is really just the fact its a melee AoE with unreliable CC that costs health to use, I fail to understand how these things qualify as good in a game where pretty much all classes have plenty of AoE skills to be used from a safe distance at no real cost.

Now if you mentioned the point of how the skill scales then I would agree with that, looking at the numbers on the skill it seems like it'll be an extremely high damage skill, but to throw in ''Combo's'' and then just mention combos where the barb ulti can be replaced with any other AoE skill is a lil silly :pensive:
  • geewiz#7541
    geewiz#7541 Posts: 6 Arc User
    is pwi adding the update on the normal skills ? or just the ultimate skills ?
  • rikkert1234

what do you want ranged ice prison that paralyzes instead of stun? at no chi cost? pls.......
    this ult will disrupt factions in mass if properly used.. its a 12 (t w e l v e) sec CC with broken high damage attached to it

but yea its a silly skill dont use it, almost as **** as wizard ult Kappa

Comparing it to Ice Prison is fair, to an extent.

However

When casting Ice Prison you dont lose your mobility.
    When casting Ice Prison you dont lose you health.
    After casting Ice Prison it cant be interrupted and cancelled.
    Ice Prison has a 80% chance to hit its CC, instead of 50%.
    Wizard plays a completely different role than Barbarian in the sense that a wizard can set up IP+DB, use IG and once that runs out they can retreat back to 30m range and still be useful, if a Barb did the same thing, he wouldnt be useful on this 30m range, aside from spamming buffs which is... fair enough.

But like I said before, your reaction is very polarizing, much like a child, its not black or white, for now this is very much gray for me. I said before, Ill have to see it in action before I can really say if its good or not. Just cause I say there's very big flaws in the skill doesnt mean that I think the skill is unusable and sucks. -_-

• rikkert1234
    Well its been a while since Ive played wizard so im no expert on their current chi situation, but I think its pretty fair...

3.20 spark vs 5 minutes

I think the availability of both things are quite comparable, since thats really all chi cost and cooldown do, limit availability.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee

-Will it be possible to upgrade ultis to lvl 2 at launch or we get the lvl 2 upgrades later? Only 2 of them mentioned what lvl 2 does.​​

The level 2 skill books are available at launch from the same NPC as the others.

-There's a typo in Barb-ulti. "...within 12 meters every 3 seconds, up to 55 times."​​

Yeah, we caught this too late to fix it for launch. It'll be corrected in the first patch.

-In Avatar of the Blade (seeker ulti), it says "Increases your movement by 50% and your weapon damage by 200%". Does that mean it increases the weapon damage itself (the sum of physical attack-stats in gears/war avatars/titles) by 200% (essentially making it 3x before str., mastery and buff multipliers) or does it increase your base damage by 200% of your weapon attack? If it's the latter case, the text better be edited to "and your base damage by 200% of weapon damage". Would help avoid confusion and save Kitty's nerves a bit if she needs to correct people who misunderstood due to possibly misleading skill description.

To further clarify: base damage = weapon damage sum x (mastery% + buffs% + (str points/150) )
    ​​

I'll check on this and clarify the tooltip if need-be.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    PWcn fixed a bug about some archer's skills can't trigger the GoF of G17 weapon today

http://w2i.bbs.wanmei.com/thread-3297549-1-1.html

so I guess those bugs will be in our expansion

Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    That was something I was wondering about. Afaik GoF only worked on melee skills (as in skills that trigger bramble damage). The only archer skill that does that is wingspan.​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Wow I seriously underestimated the new Seeker skill. Look at what it does!

http://i.imgur.com/3oThI1x.jpg
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    My take on the new skills is that out of all of them, the psy and the wizzy skills suck the most. Like lame much?
    The other classes got cool stuff and those two class got bit more damage, woopy! How about giving the wizzy some movement skills, or the psy for that matter. At least try to make their new skills somewhat as nice as the mystic and stormbrings! No wonder there are so few wizzies now and there is such a decline in psys! Blah! I'm disapointed in a big way for those two classes.
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Nice, since my phone messed up what I previously wrote here. I'll just write my findings on the psy skill here, and will not make a new comment.
    The Psy ultimate does make you get 0% seal rate. It has been tested. Even when SOS gets casted before the debuff, the debuff reduces the seal to 0%, regardless of it being casted before or during the debuff.​​
    Post edited by elyora2 on
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    What will lvl 2 skills do ? more damage ? more duration ? or less cooldown ? or what ?
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    asterelle said:

That was something I was wondering about. Afaik GoF only worked on melee skills (as in skills that trigger bramble damage). The only archer skill that does that is wingspan.​​

Any idea on the time frame between the initial release of Elysium on PWCN and the fix to this..
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457