Spirit Coins Issue (Updated!)

Options

Comments

• gannon
    gannon Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    saxroll said:

Am I the only one who reads sale announcements any longer? It states how they will reimburse people who had spirit coins in event gold. I dunno bout you but seems pretty sweet deal for people who actually had plenty of those. The extra spirit gain is pretty small while 1k event gold could be quite useful.

Except they did not give any specifics regaurding the distribution of said event gold to players who lost their items. So they will either get too lazy to do the real job (giving everyone what the deserve and paid for) and just send out a code for 50 event gold to everyone and call it a day, or we will have to wait so long that our already month without spirit coins will turn into 2-3 months of no spirit coins. Then when we finally get them back they expire in a few weeks. What kind of compensation is that? It's still NOT the item I paid for for the allotted amount of time I paid for it. Give us back our product AS WE BOUGHT IT before your ****-up STOLE IT FROM US.
    Post edited by gannon on
  • sakulv
    sakulv Posts: 28 Arc User
    Options
    at least give 50 event gold card
    there are many ppl who spend real gold for that coin but cant have it again because they dont have event gold

dynavenosbychibizzz2_zps02ce33d3.png

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    From the latest News announcement.
    Spirit Coins update: Spirit Coins will be added to the Event Shop for a modest price. Players who have lost Spirit Coins due to recent technical issues will receive a reimbursement in Event Gold soon.

Note: It doesn't say when, and it doesn't say you need to submit a ticket.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    I hope they are reimbursing in event gold equivalent to however many coins they had to start...because there are people that had over 500 of them..thats a LOT of event gold lol
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • fallenangelfj
    fallenangelfj Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    so wats the difference between having 1 spirit coin and 500?
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    30 spirit from the skill
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Options
    I think it changed and now gives only 15 more (ie 105 spirit for one and 120 with 500)
  • belladonna218
    belladonna218 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    Big difference in 1 spirit coin and 860 that i purchased with real money. Each coin gave you more spirit that made your toon stronger. I'm afraid 50 event gold just won't buy that many coins.
  • asira1978
    asira1978 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    well i usually dont write anything here or in any topic. i dont see the point to yell....

that spirit coin 90% buy just 1 pack.. at 60-80 silver ( really!! i cant fu ckin yell for that 1 pack(3). how do u guys keep yelling about it?
    the only thing that i ask is to put a code with an event gold to be fair for all if >>>u can<< if not np.. is just a game and i m having lot of fun ( despite that i didnt get any mail with that code hwo all complain and send ticket.. for few things. ) i dont complain i dont see the point to complain by anything. yes i didnt get manny things from pwi.. SO WHAT is just a game ;)
    advice>>>>> get over it and see the nice part of this game<<<< never expect to much from any 1 player/stuff
    then u will be able to see the beauty
    PS: DONT JUDGE TO MUCH MY ENG.. i struglle to wrote in english ... not like manny hwo just judge couse is handy and complains couse is more handy
    R3AD
    leet term for read: 3=E  4=A
    leet kid: "Ooh i just got the latest issue of Gameinformer magazine, I can't wait to R34D it!"
    regular kid: "Don't u mean to READ it?"

sometimes ppl  say ( i dont understand what u say .. u dont write english) but they/u do .. but it's handy to run from a conversation you exceed
    ps: i'm from romania.. but i understand manny language..:)
  • thesquee1
    thesquee1 Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options

Spirit Coins update: Spirit Coins will be added to the Event Shop for a modest price. Players who have lost Spirit Coins due to recent technical issues will receive a reimbursement in Event Gold soon.

Then there's people like me who had a spirit coin but don't have event gold. This shaft that I was given sure feels nice......
  • zoner112012
    Options
    thesquee1 said:

Then there's people like me who had a spirit coin but don't have event gold. This shaft that I was given sure feels nice......
    Prickly too probably. I wonder if they are going to be giving thousands of event gold to the players that had over 500. Will be interesting to see. For that matter, we had them taken from us for over 10 days and we get zero compensation for time lost?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    I have to mention that they keep doing a wonderful job in letting me know what is going on with the spirit coin incident.
    I send one support ticket and i got mine updated without me writing anything.

Ofc its a message probably for everyone involved but still you can see that they are working on it and keep players who care updated.

I really appreciate the work PWE is doing and want to say Thank You for listening.

Cheers :)​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    thesquee1 wrote: »
    You're apparently missing the point entirely.

They will be giving you event gold to cover your lost spirit coin so that you can re-purchase it.
    a.k.a. you will receive an amount of Event Gold that will replace the spirit coin you had previously purchased.

It's pretty simple if you read it right.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options

thesquee1 wrote: »

You're apparently missing the point entirely.

They will be giving you event gold to cover your lost spirit coin so that you can re-purchase it.

a.k.a. you will receive an amount of Event Gold that will replace the spirit coin you had previously purchased.

It's pretty simple if you read it right.​​

they made the coins weaker so your still not getting what you payed for if you had 500+ coins. event coin gives you 120 spirit, while the real gold gave 135. also i got a reply saying they are starting the reimbursement process with next weeks maintnance.
  • gannon
    gannon Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    The real point is they gave them to everyone for basically free. Now you have people that didn't have coins with coins, and people who rightfully paid for them still missing them. We are getting an inferrior product to replace something that pwi took from us. It may not be their fault directly, but it's definitely not the consumer's either. Why should we be getting the short end of the stick for something pwi has already collected on.

It's false advertisement when they sell us an item that says it will last a certain span of time and the item is , after sale, shortened in duration for... going on a month now.

Again 2 things that need to be fixed.
    1-Take them away from the people that did not purchase them during the original sale. (as the point of buying them was to have an advantage over people who did not get them)
    2-Increase the duration of the spirit coins to match the amount of time lost.
  • tinkeltank
    tinkeltank Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    gannon said:

Now you have people that didn't have coins with coins, and people who rightfully paid for them still missing them.

Sir let me offer you another glass of vinegar....
    I see everyone get compensated, so there is no reason to complain.

You making a big drama here but in all fairness, it is non of your bussiness what advantage other people get.
    And if you think that they give you a bad service I recomend you search for another game, as they can never satisfy your wishes.

• zoner112012
    Options

gannon said:

Now you have people that didn't have coins with coins, and people who rightfully paid for them still missing them.

You making a big drama here but in all fairness, it is non of your bussiness what advantage other people get.
    And if you think that they give you a bad service I recomend you search for another game, as they can never satisfy your wishes.

He makes a point though. The "compensation" isn't REALLY compensation just PWE covering their butts. It isn't really a fair compensation by rewarding players not effected by the issue. Just because he complains doesn't mean he needs to find another game, that is stupid.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options

He makes a point though. The "compensation" isn't REALLY compensation just PWE covering their butts. It isn't really a fair compensation by rewarding players not effected by the issue. Just because he complains doesn't mean he needs to find another game, that is stupid.

When did they ever not compensate in a way everyone gets something?
    I can only recall compensations that was given to everyone, even those who didn't needed to get it.

For example the illusionary crystal, since it worked for some and others didn't, they put out a code, that could be used by the people who got it already anyway.

To be honest this should be the least surprising thing about it. If they want to do the compensation thing properly it would mean having to go through logs, looking how many coins someone actually had, then sending it by mail.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the "they will send you enough event gold to cover ALL your lost coins" thing either.​ I'm more guessing they will end up sending 1 or 2 to each player affected.
    Or even more likely, put out a code that gives event gold but can be used by everyone.

Why are people always so surprised it goes down like this, while it always went down like this with everything?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• tinkeltank
    tinkeltank Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options

The only point he makes is that he is not satisfied with event gold, (so he can buy a new spirit coin).
    How other people get compensation and for what is really non of his bussiness.

• rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have 18 event silver and hence cannot buy even 1 Spirit coin, had 502 spirit coins before they nuked it

No event gold compensation yet and cannot buy spirit coin now.

So far I've managed to get about 10-15 people to stop cash shopping / play the game, more will follow.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    rocky19 wrote: »
    I have 18 event silver and hence cannot buy even 1 Spirit coin, had 502 spirit coins before they nuked it

So far I've managed to get about 10-15 people to stop cash shopping / play the game, more will follow.

If this is the reason you stopped playing, you planned stopping for a long time before already probably. Because far worse has happened than this​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    rocky19 wrote: »

If this is the reason you stopped playing, you planned stopping for a long time before already probably. Because far worse has happened than this

Don't worry. He's just a special snowflake and hasn't really stopped playing.​​
  • zoner112012
    Options

The only point he makes is that he is not satisfied with event gold, (so he can buy a new spirit coin).
    How other people get compensation and for what is really non of his bussiness.

Other people that couldnt or wouldnt have gotten the item before now have it because of PWE **** up in the first place..and he said that. So your argument is that he didn't make a good point when he did....

As for getting people to stop cash shopping that is a bad idea, because if you do and enough do stop, which is unlikely, they will just shut the game down.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    gannon said:

It's false advertisement when they sell us an item that says it will last a certain span of time and the item is , after sale, shortened in duration for... going on a month now.

Something to keep in mind, false advertisement is open doors to a lawsuit. A big one if you actually paid for the said item with cash and not event coins.

The same goes for the item suddenly missing in your inventory. It's, again, a lawsuit for consumer theft. Where a company does not return an item to a consumer who had purchased it to it's rightful settings or display.

I have an On line business. I trade and sell virtual pets, and make some what decent cash out of it. I am aware of these laws because I have to make sure that what I sell is not mis-leading or accidentally given to me by my employees. That it's the right item for the price they paid for, and delivered to them with the proper settings and display. These same laws will apply to the Perfect World HQ and CEO's.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    Options
    1 coin ads 105 spirit? I had 386 before exspansion what ever happened and everyone lost there coins,im guessing becuse had not logged in couple weeks was reason but i never lost mine.just night before they anouced this had a person ss me in sqd because hadmy coin buff.
    what i dont understand is how i almost doubled my coins using event gold now have 700 trying get the 135 and only have 122 5 more then what had at the 386.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    Options

1 coin ads 105 spirit? I had 386 before exspansion what ever happened and everyone lost there coins,im guessing becuse had not logged in couple weeks was reason but i never lost mine.just night before they anouced this had a person ss me in sqd because hadmy coin buff.
    what i dont understand is how i almost doubled my coins using event gold now have 700 trying get the 135 and only have 122 5 more then what had at the 386.

they aren't the same coins. i try to point out that event items are usually nerfed , like flyers and such. My guess is there was always spirits coins for the boutique that weren't added orrrr they have a variable that is changeable. im honestly to lazy to go look if pwidatabase has more then one spirit coin listed
  • vertgod
    vertgod Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    I know we aren't supposed to discuss tickets here but thought that I should mention that in response to the original ticket that I sent when this first occurred; I was told that compensation event gold would start being sent after maintenance on the 9th of this month. So we should start seeing whatever event gold they're giving to reimburse those that purchased the coins after maintenance tonight. I'd like to especially point out that it also said that some might receive the event gold faster than others but they would be getting to everyone so not to worry if I don't receive it directly after the servers are back up.​​
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • zigheart
    zigheart Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    doods00 said:

they aren't the same coins. i try to point out that event items are usually nerfed , like flyers and such. My guess is there was always spirits coins for the boutique that weren't added orrrr they have a variable that is changeable. im honestly to lazy to go look if pwidatabase has more then one spirit coin listed
    i just want to point out, yes its event coins, yes event items are weaker. but that means it is NOT what we payed for. we are being reimbursed with an inferior item.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    or in short: getting scammed ....

not that we own the items we pay for anyways :P
This discussion has been closed.