Options

Comments

• choasdriver
    choasdriver Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options
    We dont even get an apology from the localizers admiting they have no idea what china sends them as usual lol. Little bit of humbility goes a looooooooooooong way.
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    Recommendation to PWI due to the community ragers: Stop giving us freebies. That will teach the ungrateful little snits that things given can also be taken away.

Yeah PWI messed up the log in event. So what. Last time they messed up we got a whole truckload of freebies from card packs/chests/event gold etc that technically we were not supposed to get. Like 8x the amount we were supposed to get. So it isn't an S card. Get over it.

If you want to give us freebies, then make it just freebies for charge rewards.

You realize how contradictory it is to say they gave us freebies? The event requires participation....in other words we have to do something in order to get said items. That isn't FREE....even no matter how simple it is to log into game they are still asking people to do something. So they messed up last time..and compensated us for it. It isn't OUR fault they promise things then **** it up and have to make it up to us. This is on them...and we have a right to be upset. You can't be a business and make your customers promises for things, then expect them to not be upset when they fail at delivering. That is just bad business.

Hmmm, well I log my characters in daily anyway regardless of if we get freebies. "Participation" for something most of us already do anyway, that is pretty thin reasoning.

Like I said, they should just do away with these free (but wow takes so much participation) log-in events since they get messed up either in our favor, or slightly not in our favor. Get rid of the log-ins and problem solved. No more need to cry over spilled milk.

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    For this to not happen again in the future I suggest PW to not continue with this month log in events in the future.
    This way people wont have something to complain and they wont act like their life is going to end cause PW didnt delivered what they promised.I understand to be a little upset cause you didnt get S chest. I am too. But people here are over reacting. For God sake its just a game and your life wont be better or worse cause of this unpleasent situation.
    giphy.gif

• limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    Options
    i know some players that bothered to reinstall the game and played for 12 days to get the free S-chest, then proceeded to uninstall with the promise of not coming back after the reward compensation was announced egg-1.gif​​
  • rougwe2
    rougwe2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    so now we gotta re qualify for the tiers or since we already got the previous rewards they will be sent out sometime around Christmass?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    So telling them to not give us any rewards is such a great idea...because that is totally going to encourage people to continue playing..or come back for that matter. What you fail to realize luckingfoco is that this isn't just a matter of them delivering on their promises...this is about them being a responsible business. They lose customers when they do **** like this...every time. But of course you would rather them just not do it at all and have more people quit...because logic that they don't need people to keep playing for the game to stay relevant.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • duckclux
    duckclux Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    Vote ~ Asterelle for GM.
  • missinin17
    missinin17 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Options
    I believe pwi also gets something out of the "login event" probably to gather more traffic data for another investor or something because as greedy as pwi is I don't believe they truly do anything for "free". The lack of customer service over the years shows how much they really care lol.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I would just give the S card and move on, If you think about it, thats even more profit for PWE:
    What I noticed is that those S cards usually need more leadership (yeah I know is random, but all the S cards I have on my diferent toons ask 3) so I bet if a lot of people get that extra card, they will be forced to buy catalyst, that is more $$$$$ for Arc Games at the end of the day :p

• agrona1
    agrona1 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Options
    So the S card was all a lie to get us to log in everyday? Great.

• jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    We were promised a War Avatar S Chest. That is a GUARANTEED War Avatar S card. You can't just go from promising something in game that is practically a PAIN to get to giving us 3 CHANCES to get said item. This won't stand. I actually strongly suggest people go and file a BBB complaint. This is blatant false advertising and they do not have a right to get away with this. While I applaud the MINIMAL effort they did to fix this we do have a right to complain. You can not promise a guaranteed item to people for their participation in something and follow up by giving them merely a chance to get it. Look up the PWI BBB site and file a formal complaint. We can't sit here and allow PWE to lie to it's players. This is not right.

It takes a company that makes **** TONS of money over 2 weeks to notice an error? This post was made over a week ago and clearly showed them there was a problem...it took them another week to admit they made a mistake? I call bull ****. How does such an obvious error go overlooked? Oh it couldn't be because they don't hire enough people? This is a very blatant disregard for your customer.

We were promised..bla bla bla.. PWI makes money bla bla bla... "You can't just go from promising something in game that is practically a PAIN to get to bla bla.." - Umm...Yes they can. They can even delete your account for no reason. LOL. Life is not full of fairies and boxes of chocolates. People make mistakes, Deal with it and move on. Grow up and stop whining. You do that in nearly every thread.

As I stated we get what we pay for. I agree with some of the others. The best way to deal with the QQ over getting the wrong free **** is to just stop giving away free ****.

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    "False advertising" defined as far as they advertised something that was false, yeah... But the legal definition no. We would have to be purchasing something and we purchased nothing. Besides the TOS protects PWE pretty well. We don't own any of our characters and they can terminate our access or the toons at any time. A misleading S chest for a free give away? That we probably spent a total of 5 minutes of our time and no money to get? Meh.

While you are correct in the false advertising part, you are wrong bout ToS. ToS protects them till you purchase zhen - After that you become customer in legal sense and certain laws kick in granting you their protection. I am not gonna claim I am familiar with Californian laws as those are pretty far from what I would find a worthwhile read living in Europe. But to my understanding Americans do have their laws to protect consumers and if those are in conflict with ToS, any court will rule in favor of the laws even if you had agreed to ToS.

I am bit disappointed they chose to lie bout this. Anybody with half a brain can tell the advertisement was correct and they simply messed up the event. Instead of giving us what "we were due", we got some PoS compensation. The fact Tier 2 reward is massively better than tier 3 ought to hint at the truth.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • zoner112012
    Options
    We were promised a War Avatar S Chest. That is a GUARANTEED War Avatar S card. You can't just go from promising something in game that is practically a PAIN to get to giving us 3 CHANCES to get said item. This won't stand. I actually strongly suggest people go and file a BBB complaint. This is blatant false advertising and they do not have a right to get away with this. While I applaud the MINIMAL effort they did to fix this we do have a right to complain. You can not promise a guaranteed item to people for their participation in something and follow up by giving them merely a chance to get it. Look up the PWI BBB site and file a formal complaint. We can't sit here and allow PWE to lie to it's players. This is not right.

It takes a company that makes **** TONS of money over 2 weeks to notice an error? This post was made over a week ago and clearly showed them there was a problem...it took them another week to admit they made a mistake? I call bull ****. How does such an obvious error go overlooked? Oh it couldn't be because they don't hire enough people? This is a very blatant disregard for your customer.

We were promised..bla bla bla.. PWI makes money bla bla bla... "You can't just go from promising something in game that is practically a PAIN to get to bla bla.." - Umm...Yes they can. They can even delete your account for no reason. LOL. Life is not full of fairies and boxes of chocolates. People make mistakes, Deal with it and move on. Grow up and stop whining. You do that in nearly every thread.

As I stated we get what we pay for. I agree with some of the others. The best way to deal with the QQ over getting the wrong free **** is to just stop giving away free ****.

Read the comment above me. Rather then just being a troll actually know what you are talking about...because when yo come at people sounding ignorant like you just did it doesn't really help you any..and in fact just makes you look a fool. I am not whining..this is forums..this is where we come to complain and ask questions. Where else would a person say something? You don't want to read my comments? Don't. No one is forcing you to. You don't like to read complaints? reread what I just said. The best way to deal with this is not to remove the rewards...that would cost them more people. You have zero logic in your comment but 100% stupidity.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    Is there any date that states when the "compensation" is going to be sent?
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Options
    igoplop wrote: »
    Is there any date that states when the "compensation" is going to be sent?

Should be april 1th, 2016 :D
    We don't get a "compensation" for textual mistakes...
  • igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    According to what yetweallfalldown said, we're supposed to get compensation... but your date seems quite accurate.
  • zoner112012
    Options
    Highly accurate...since the 1th isn't a real date....xD
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • groovykat
    groovykat Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    YES. Stop all freebies and rewards. That'll learn us our lesson to never, ever hold them accountable.

They should be ashamed.. but you know they aren't.
    --
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• jamesburr36
    edited July 2015
    Options

Read the comment above me. Rather then just being a troll actually know what you are talking about...because when yo come at people sounding ignorant like you just did it doesn't really help you any..and in fact just makes you look a fool. I am not whining..this is forums..this is where we come to complain and ask questions. Where else would a person say something? You don't want to read my comments? Don't. No one is forcing you to. You don't like to read complaints? reread what I just said. The best way to deal with this is not to remove the rewards...that would cost them more people. You have zero logic in your comment but 100% stupidity.

All you do is complain. Nearly every thread you post in.

Again I read the comment above you and he speaks of something purchased. This thread and this issue regards something given for free. Apples and oranges. Also prove that the company lied as in willfully and knowingly made a false statement as opposed to someone just making a mistake. You and every complainer here have options. Uninstall or continue playing.
  • zoner112012
    Options

Again I read the comment above you and he speaks of something purchased. This thread and this issue regards something given for free. Apples and oranges. Also prove that the company lied as in willfully and knowingly made a false statement as opposed to someone just making a mistake. You and every complainer here have options. Uninstall or continue playing.

Oh I am sorry, should I instead praise PWE for **** up? I mean wth am I supposed to do? Also if ALL I do is complain..how do you explain all the times I offer advice or make posts engaging people in important discussions? You can't explain them...because you are just a troll. Of course I can't prove that they lied..I am sure they didn't but that really doesn't matter. The fact is that me and MANY other people are upset by this. The desires of many outweigh the few. Just because you are kissing PWE rump trying to be a white knight and defend them for some strange reason doesn't mean anything. BTW you have options too. You can not read my complaints if you don't like them. Rather then bust a persons balls for his statements why don't you give actual credible reasons why they shouldn't give us what they originally said they would? I know why, because there is no real reason why they can't just give us the S Chests. There is ZERO reason why they can't just give us what they originally promised us. I have every right to complain here as do other people. This is where we come to do that..if you don't like it there is the x button on your browser...you can just leave the page anytime.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options

Oh I am sorry, should I instead praise PWE for **** up? I mean wth am I supposed to do? Also if ALL I do is complain..how do you explain all the times I offer advice or make posts engaging people in important discussions? You can't explain them...because you are just a troll. Of course I can't prove that they lied..I am sure they didn't but that really doesn't matter. The fact is that me and MANY other people are upset by this. The desires of many outweigh the few. Just because you are kissing PWE rump trying to be a white knight and defend them for some strange reason doesn't mean anything. BTW you have options too. You can not read my complaints if you don't like them. Rather then bust a persons balls for his statements why don't you give actual credible reasons why they shouldn't give us what they originally said they would? I know why, because there is no real reason why they can't just give us the S Chests. There is ZERO reason why they can't just give us what they originally promised us. I have every right to complain here as do other people. This is where we come to do that..if you don't like it there is the x button on your browser...you can just leave the page anytime.

OMG your life is going to end cause they dont give you an S chest.
    OMG zoner please dont commit suicide cause they didnt give an S chest,
    Seriously dont you think you over reacting( like the 99% people on this thread) about this?
    Cause people like you i really hope PW goes back to the times were they gave NOTHING for free.

What posts engaging people in important discussions are you talking about? this:?

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1193591/how-barbs-are-made#latest

BTW is kinda pathetic to be the only one that respond to that thread you being the OP of that thread.

When people like you will learn that actually you own nothing in PW and they can do whatever they want as long as you didnt pay money for it?
    You can rage as long as you want but if they decide that we wont get S chest is nothing you can do about it.
    giphy.gif

• iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    After playing MMOs for over 15 years, PWI isn't the only one who has made several mistakes with its free giveaways. I am just thankful for anything they give me for free that I didn't have to work to get (logging in my characters doesn't count as I do it anyway).

PWI used to not give anything for free, or hardly ever gave anything. We could go back to those times, and I would not be surprised if we do. There are far too many entitlement folks these days, that have a permanent "Gimmee" mentality. You wanted the free rocky road ice cream but were given chocolate.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

First off, thank you for the continued feedback regarding the login promotion. I've been going back and forth with the team to see what happened and what adjustments we can make to ensure that we a rewarding as closely to what was originally communicated. The rewards that were communicated were incorrect. We didn't catch those in reviewing the material prior to distribution.

However, we want to make sure that those players that logged into the game are rewarded for their efforts. In addition to the reward structure currently in place, players who qualify for tier 2 (logged in on at least ten separate days) will receive three War Avatar Pack S and those that qualify for tier 3 (logged in on at least 12 separate days) will receive two War Avatar Pack S. To reiterate the current reward structure is:
    • Tier 1 - War Avatar Chest: B x5
    • Tier 2 - War Avatar Chest: A x5 (plus an additional three War Avatar Pack S)
    • Tier 3 - War Avatar Pack S x1 (plus an additional two War Avatar Pack S)

We'll continue to do our best to ensure our communication is clear and correct. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Alex

Giving us 6 S PACKS (after all adds) means there is about a 12% chance overall of getting (at least) one S card from all the PACKS.

Giving us 1 CHEST (originally offered) means there is a 100% chance of getting an S card.

I am grateful for all the free-bees, but why not send us an S CHEST instead of more S PACKs?

Good Luck!
  • vonheltr
    vonheltr Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    bosk wrote: »
    Giving us 6 S PACKS (after all adds) means there is about a 12% chance overall of getting (at least) one S card from all the PACKS.

Giving us 1 CHEST (originally offered) means there is a 100% chance of getting an S card.

I am grateful for all the free-bees, but why not send us an S CHEST instead of more S PACKs?

Good Luck!

What Bosk said.
  • jamesburr36
    Options

I'll click the X if you select the uninstall option. How about that for a compromise.
  • jeslex
    jeslex Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    I see a lot of people bashing others on this forum for being upset about something that they SHOULD be ticked off about.. or even just annoyed. I don't understand this but ok, you're free to do and say whatever, just like they are free to complain about the situation if they choose to do so.
    Now, I'm not going to off myself because they didn't give me an "S'' card, Nor am I going to bed tonight crying about it , .. I don't play the game often enough to even care if they send us them or not.. I care about a company caring enough to have the decency to deliver what they advertised , mistake or not..
    and the worse part is 10 mins ago they advertised Free S card in red chat to add insult to injury.
    I do hope that they fix this and not just by "compensation" but by giving exactly what was advertised because it is the respectful and right thing to do, and if they don't , then that shows me their lack of company ethics. 1 bad review has more of an impact then 100 good ones.
    But hey, just as there's brutal competition in any other market in north america, it remains true to MMO's too, so pwi can decide to improve their image, or break it entirely. That's the beauty of Capitalism.
  • maldryx
    maldryx Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options

Sorry to be nit-picky on this, but your statistics are way off and promotes the idea that 2% is somehow added together if you get multiple S packs.

I know you were just adding the chances together from those 6 packs, and that seems right, but it doesn't work that way at all. It's easy to think of that 2% chance as meaning that if you had 100 packs, you should get 2 S cards from the deal, but this isn't in any way true.

You have a 92% chance to get a B card, 6% for an A card, and 2% for an S card in every pack. This means that out of 100 packs, you have a 92% chance of getting 100 B cards. If you had 1000 packs, you have a 92% chance of getting 1000 B cards. If you had 100,000,000 packs... yep... 92% chance to get 100,000,000 B cards. Statistically, and realistically, speaking there is a VERY HIGH probability that you never get a single S. The odds really are that terrible.
  • unluckygecko
    unluckygecko Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    Thx for the free A cards, I didn't expect it but it's awesome for my new toon that's soon to be lvl 100 =D More mistakes like this please! tiger-25.gif​​
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    Options
    maldryx wrote: »

Sorry to be nit-picky on this, but your statistics are way off and promotes the idea that 2% is somehow added together if you get multiple S packs.

I know you were just adding the chances together from those 6 packs, and that seems right, but it doesn't work that way at all. It's easy to think of that 2% chance as meaning that if you had 100 packs, you should get 2 S cards from the deal, but this isn't in any way true.

You have a 92% chance to get a B card, 6% for an A card, and 2% for an S card in every pack. This means that out of 100 packs, you have a 92% chance of getting 100 B cards. If you had 1000 packs, you have a 92% chance of getting 1000 B cards. If you had 100,000,000 packs... yep... 92% chance to get 100,000,000 B cards. Statistically, and realistically, speaking there is a VERY HIGH probability that you never get a single S. The odds really are that terrible.

Actually, at 2%, he wasn't far off. It's just .98 to the sixth power subtracted from 1, which is around 11.5% chance. Not much point correcting someone, when they are only .5% of a chance off.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    advoc wrote: »
    Actually, at 2%, he wasn't far off. It's just .98 to the sixth power subtracted from 1, which is around 11.5% chance. Not much point correcting someone, when they are only .5% of a chance off.

It'll still be 2% S, 6% A, and 92% B per item.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?