test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140909a.2

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
  • Castle Never: Resolved an issue with a door that would become stuck if multiple players interacted with it at once.
  • Lair of Lostmauth: The Fire Scorpions and the Drake Rider in the Lair of Lostmauth now drop items when defeated. Items include appropriate tier seals, gold and random rare equipment, one refinement stone or a chance for a random Tier 1 epic equipment item.
  • Lair of Lostmauth: Stalactites can now all be properly blocked by a Guardian Fighter and Sprint/Shadow Walk.
  • Shores of Tuern: The Ambush encounter will now properly reset when the party is defeated.
  • Shores of Tuern: The final encounter before the boss can no longer be skipped.

Items and Economy
  • Dragon Hoard Coins: Now have a stack size of 1000 and can now be discarded.
  • Fixed issue with Owlbear mounts playing normal bear mount animations.
  • Stacks of items with different bound properties no longer stack and no longer change their binding status.
  • Warlocks now have Gauntlgrym sets available for purchase with Grym Coins.
  • When an account is on probation, any items used to refine that are bound will cause the refined item to become bound as well.

User Interface
  • Auction House: The "Quality" drop down menu now includes Legendary as an option.
  • Resolved an issue with the Character Window that would incorrectly state that there were uncommitted changes.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    This is going onto Preview now.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dragon Hoard Coins: Now have a stack size of 1000 and can now be discarded.

Tyvm

/10char
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow, lostmauth drops, shores bug, warlock gg, and dragons coin fix. Very nice update.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please Stop ignoring the Lesser/Greater red glyph issue please.

This one enchant is making pvp imbalanced and rewarding gfs with reflect builds with kills when they shouldn't. There needs to be an internal Cooldown on the reds just like the blues please fix this or pvp is going to become less and less attractive the longer this issue stays. And this issue does not only apply to gfs but it is the most broken setup out there using them. PLEASE PUT AN ICD ON RED DRAGON GLYPYHS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    • Castle Never: Resolved an issue with a door that would become stuck if multiple players interacted with it at once.
    • Resolved an issue with the Character Window that would incorrectly state that there were uncommitted changes.

Took your time...

I should say that forbidden lores should be discardable too. They're less of a issue, but unlike the coins, once you have your boons you have absolutely nothing at all to spend them on but that can still stockpile up taking up space permantly in your inventory. If you plan on making keys or enchantments every day it could become an issue.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lair of Lostmauth: The Fire Scorpions and the Drake Rider in the Lair of Lostmauth now drop items when defeated. Items include appropriate tier seals, gold and random rare equipment, one refinement stone or a chance for a random Tier 1 epic equipment item.

First off, I appreciate that you added drops to these bosses, it is nice to get something from defeating a boss. I am wondering why we can't get T2 jewelry at least though. Why T1 gear? we already get that from most of the DD chests in the T2 dungeons. If you let the dungeon drop T2 jewelry it would be a nice bonus of possibly getting something decent.

Granted, this is better then it was before, but it is the hardest dungeon in the game with the same loot as all the other dungeons :)

I still appreciate your hard work though :)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Content and Environment
    • Lair of Lostmauth: Stalactites can now all be properly blocked by a Guardian Fighter and Sprint/Shadow Walk.

I am curious if Impossible To Catch should also work against the stalactites? Currently it doesn't work on them (actually their are a lot of things ITC does not work against including damage effects when ITC is used from stealth -- I have submitted about a dozen bug reports on different effects dating back a few modules and am starting to wonder if such is a wasted effort).
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please, fix GWF sprint animation.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited September 2014
    When an account is on probation, any items used to refine that are bound will cause the refined item to become bound as well.

So, if I use bound C ward to make an enchantment on my main account, will the enchantment become bound?
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Why no fix to glyphs yet? For PvP, this is an urgent issue.

Please fix the glyphs already. They are destroying PvP together with:

- GF perma-daily. This is a HUGE bug.
    - GF blocking Chill. Bad, bad move.
    - CW Storm Spell damage that needs to be moved to AVOIDABLE encounter
    - HR Piercing damage that needs to be moved same as above
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Loved this patch.

Lots of bug fixes... I just can't not like that.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • potatoejim234potatoejim234 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Content and Environment
    • Lair of Lostmauth: The Fire Scorpions and the Drake Rider in the Lair of Lostmauth now drop items when defeated. Items include appropriate tier seals, gold and random rare equipment, one refinement stone or a chance for a random Tier 1 epic equipment item.
    • Shores of Tuern: The Ambush encounter will now properly reset when the party is defeated.
    • Shores of Tuern: The final encounter before the boss can no longer be skipped.

Items and Economy
    • Fixed issue with Owlbear mounts playing normal bear mount animations.
    • Stacks of items with different bound properties no longer stack and no longer change their binding status.
    • When an account is on probation, any items used to refine that are bound will cause the refined item to become bound as well.

User Interface
    • Auction House: The "Quality" drop down menu now includes Legendary as an option.

thanks for the dragon hoard and CN door fix and the legendary quality drop down menu option.

can u please make other currency discardable as well? for example different event currencies (ie fireblossom pedals,masquerade token, medallion of battle). option to discard some campaign currency as well would be nice like thayan scrolls / vanguard scrips / blades / coins / etc)

please make the stalactites avoidable with GWF's unstoppable / TR's impossible to catch as well.

also some ppl after doing LoL's last boss and exiting they can return to instance and kill the boss again with a chance of drop. please fix this exploit as well.
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    because of there are some fixes for lostmauth, can we assume that those lv20 mobs before the boss fight are WAI?
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When an account is on probation, any items used to refine that are bound will cause the refined item to become bound as well.

Any chance you guys can kind of be a bit more open on how long probation lasts and stuff? I know of people who have told me they have spent more than a week waiting for their account to be cleared only to be put back onto probation when they use the exact same credit card to purchase again .

I have played many F2P games in the past where accounts have checks done when they buy stuff but I have never come across a system like the one Cryptic uses ever before , all the ones I have used in the past get checks done in one or two days and then never have to recheck the same credit card again.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Warlocks now have Gauntlgrym sets available for purchase with Grym Coins."

Is that mean it will drops in DK now properly? (I have seen bound SW grim sets)
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not sure if this should go in the Bug Report section but along the lines of (no longer) missing GG SW gear, there is no main hand in the Ardent Coin catalogue for the SW. Just an FYI in case it was overlooked or no one has talked about it.
    I aim to misbehave
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    preview is down?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Please Stop ignoring the Lesser/Greater red glyph issue please.

This one enchant is making pvp imbalanced and rewarding gfs with reflect builds with kills when they shouldn't. There needs to be an internal Cooldown on the reds just like the blues please fix this or pvp is going to become less and less attractive the longer this issue stays. And this issue does not only apply to gfs but it is the most broken setup out there using them. PLEASE PUT AN ICD ON RED DRAGON GLYPYHS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

This still BLOWS my mind......

ICD on Red Glyphs PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    So, if I use bound C ward to make an enchantment on my main account, will the enchantment become bound?

I believe it is specifically for the Blood Rubies or other enchantments found in the lockbox, I will double check though.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there a Fix for the Lair of Lostmauth Arcane Dragon Keyed Chest that is going to fix the fact that it shows one thing and gives out a wholly different item when you use the Key? So many times I could have gotten something Exquisite but declined due to the fact the one time it was used I got completely different Items? OR is this going to be Stealth Fixed so you do not have to admit it is not Working as Intended?

They are admitting it exists at least: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?758791-lair-of-lostmuath-arcane-chest-bugged&p=9023101&viewfull=1#post9023101
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nice fixes....I particularly like the 1000 stack size and the new mini-boss drops.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited September 2014
    I believe it is specifically for the Blood Rubies or other enchantments found in the lockbox, I will double check though.

Wards do not count in this and will not cause items to bind. I repeat, ward behavior is not changing. Also, this is specifically for items bound because your account was on probation, not say the bound wards you get out of the 7 day invocation reward.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Or more importantly, the bound peridots!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    fix broken class animations.
    edited September 2014
    Wards do not count in this and will not cause items to bind. I repeat, ward behavior is not changing. Also, this is specifically for items bound because your account was on probation, not say the bound wards you get out of the 7 day invocation reward.

Thanks for the answer, appreciate it.
  • kingcalouskingcalous Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    This still BLOWS my mind......

ICD on Red Glyphs PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$

Its about $ man. These are the new tenes, everyone has to have them so it drives key sales up. I don't think its going to get fixed for quite some time. The worst part about it to me is it forces GF to spec into gimmicky reflect builds which take no skill and, as a result, are no fun. =\
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Glyphs don't come from lockboxes, they come from the dragonborn pack and the new skirmish and dungeon how the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> does this involve money when they are peanuts on the ah. But seriously there is no reason for the red glyphs to stay the same or else more and more will leave pvp cause there being so much unmitigated damage, o lets give hrs another thing to melt everyone.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    So no fix for the GF Knight's Valor reflect build?

Are they even aware of that?
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can you plz fix the warlock Vampiric embrace bug, it's not geting any damage bonus. ex.
    If me or anyother party member lower the target mitigation all my skills will do greater damage, but vampiric embrace doesn't get any damage bonus regardless who debuff the target.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So no fix for the GF Knight's Valor reflect build?

Are they even aware of that?

Without the stupid glyphs this build isn't a huge problem. I repeat... the build and powers are not the problem the broken overload enchants are the problem.
This discussion has been closed.