test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140520a.4

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Character
  • Hat of the Pirate Host no longer removes a characters hair. It has been properly uncursed.
  • Reduced clipping issues on many male Devoted Cleric helmets for both Dwarves and Half-Orcs.

Content and Environment
  • Artifact Recovery: Adjusted the position of some of the encounters on the outside portion of this quest.
  • Caer-Konig: The Black Ice gear mannequins now slightly better names to tell what set they are from.
  • Dread Vault and Spellplague Cavern final bosses drop a single item instead of multiple.
  • Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance.
  • Icewind Dale: Instance completion perk is no longer looking for Dread Ring missions. It now completes properly on Biggrin's Rest and Need for Mead.
  • Icewind Dale: Instruments of Vengeance: Golem activation credit now given while in a party.
  • Icewind Dale: Some heroic encounters will no longer give participation to players who may not have actually participated under some situations.
  • Icewind Pass: A Grim Warning no longer has a helmet that can be reclaimed multiple times in a row.
  • Kessell's Retreat: Players should no longer be removed from the Kessell's Retreat queue when they die.
  • Protector's Enclave: Pardon our dust elementals while we undergo some renovation of the Grand Emporium.

Enemies
  • Icewind Dale: Adventurers have had their names and groups adjusted to be more clear what side they are on.

Gateway
  • Fixed a text color issue that could cause some text to not be visible, such as some Zen Market item descriptions.
  • Inventory now lists Black Ice, Raw Black Ice and Companion Upgrade Tokens in the Riches section.

Items and Economy
  • Artifact: Shard of Valindra's Crown can no longer be interrupted once activated.
  • Artifact: Black Ice Beholder artifact now has its cooldown properly reduced on higher qualities.
  • Frozen Crystal Lockbox: The amount of tokens that come from the Companion Fortification Kit is now 30 up from 1.
  • Invocation: Cache of Dread Ring Treasures: Now only gives 1 Thayan Cipher, down from 3.
  • PVP Artifact Packs are now correctly bind on pickup.
  • Skirmishes: Completing a skirmish during the bonus event hour consistently rewards Rough Astral Diamonds again.
  • Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.
  • The amount of Black Ice awarded from the Black Ice Domination PvP Heroic Encounter has been increased.

User Interface
  • Leaderboards now only look at Domination kills, deaths and assists instead of from anywhere such as Open PvP.
  • Purchasing additional character slots from the character select window now works properly without needing to reopen the game client.
  • Salvaging: Black Ice items will properly show how much Black Ice they award instead of showing "0 Rough Astral Diamonds".
  • The Wondrous Bazaar no longer accepts adventurers selling items. Gateway will still allow this from the Inventory window at any time.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    5/28 1:30pm PST: This is scheduled to be on Preview at 3pm PST
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    any chance on removing movement speed from Dominator Cloak(dominion 5 task reward) and replace it with an usefull stat?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh wow, some pretty incredible nerfs in this build.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So...you're making it all but impossible for new players to get Coalescent Wards for their enchantments?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, well... weapon/armor enchantments prices will be higher now. Cwards are going to be around 500k each in the AH, time to get your perfects. :)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • znudenejznudenej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    any chance on removing movement speed from Dominator Cloak(dominion 5 task reward) and replace it with an usefull stat?

^This + Tenacity stat for PvP pants & shirt.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually don't care as much about the nerf to coal wards as much as this annoys me:
    "The Wondrous Bazaar no longer accepts adventurers selling items. Gateway will still allow this from the Inventory window at any time."

You had to stick the knife in and nerf the easiest way to keep clean bags?
    edited May 2014
    "Otherwise enchants are going to be something that only the 1% of F2P players are going to see. Again."

Because going from 250k to 500k means 100% goes to 1%?
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    By my math, assuming it takes 30 boxes to get enough bars to purchase a cward, they are going to be worth 1,875,000 million AD through buying 125 zen keys for 500 AD-to-zen ratios. This is just a ballpark figure, but compare that to the 280,000 AD they were selling for just yesterday afternoon.

So yeah. This is a very big deal.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status."

Prices on AH are reflecting this change already. Lessers just doubled in price and it will ripple through the others. This is a real kick in the teeth for anyone who was saving up for something nice.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please do not allow this to go live. You will ruin the economy with this. There has already been massive inflation, and it is becoming harder and harder for new players to obtain the things they need to do well in the endgame. This will only cause prices to skyrocket more, which is not good for the players, and will probably drive people away. This is a bad thing for the players, and a bad thing for the company. A very shortsighted and poor decision. Contrary to what whoever is in charge of marketing is thinking with this, driving up prices isn't going to make people buy more zen, its just going to decrease the customer base, both now and in the future. This is not a healthy change for anyone. I enjoy this game quite a bit, but decisions like this make me very disappointed in the management.

P.S. Devs, keep up the good work, I know it was not you who made this decision. This sort of thing screams management.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    By my math, assuming it takes 30 boxes to get enough bars to purchase a cward, they are going to be worth 1,875,000 million AD through buying 125 zen keys for 500 AD-to-zen ratios. This is just a ballpark figure, but compare that to the 280,000 AD they were selling for just yesterday afternoon.

Well yeah. At that rate you should just buy the ward in the Zen store for 500k, right? Bargain!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited May 2014
    spacejew wrote: »

Coal wards will never be more than 10 dollars worth of zen in AD value/price. Items->Refinement->Wards 1000 zen. Though personally in the short term I worry about the fluidity of converting AD to zen with that price cap in place. Haven't tried recently.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    znudenej wrote: »
    ^This + Tenacity stat for PvP pants & shirt.

+ any stat will be fine really for the pvp pants and shirt.
    edited May 2014
    Each cward will be in 500k max each, cost will change according to the zen/ad ratio. Weapon/armor enchantments will increase their price a lot now. Rich people will be richer, poor people will be more poor now.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Pay to win" allusions and posts are not allowed per Rules of Conduct. Regardless of your ire towards this proposed change, I will remind the posters that this rule is still in force. Please construct your feedback so that it does not violate this rule. Thank you.

As a reminder as well, any and all content on the preview server is subject to refinement and change with or without notice.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah right...

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Feels like I outsmarted certain folks on this realms once again by forecasting that they want the Coals to raise to the AD equivalent of 1k ZEN.

It was crystal clear.

This also means I just created a lot more pray dummies.
    edited May 2014
    cwards won't be 500 max.

I brained my way through the effect of the price cap on zen/AD ratios. This came up in the economy thread, where I said the only thing wrong in the current economy was the cap on the zen/ad exchange. It makes no sense from an economic point of view, and I didn't say why, but the reason is that when markets are free the market clears so everyone willing to meet the current price can participate. However, if there is a price cap then that ceases to be true. For example if the value of zen ever goes significantly over 500 AD, and the price can't go over 500 AD then what you get is a queue of people willing to buy zen and an insufficient supply of people willing to sell zen. The effect is you have to either wait or get lucky to make an actual exchange for zen. I checked just now and this appears to be where the market is at. As the value of zen goes significantly over 500 AD then exchanges become rarer and rarer.

Eventually brokerage opportunities manifest that cause people to exchange AD for zen indirectly through the in game market.

Let us say that I have ten dollars that I am interested in turning into zen. I could go to the exchange and instantly get 500k AD, but I don't have too because I know people are waiting in line for that exchange. Let us say I go to all of them and ask what are you willing to pay for 10 dollars worth of stuff from the market. At least one will say 501k. The point it would reach 550k is the point where it will start making more sense to sale 10 dollars worth of stuff on the auction house than use the actual exchange.

Today lockbox keys are 70k and now we know why. You get 10 keys for 1125. You sale them on the market place for 700k. You net 630k after tax. You convert 1125 zen to 630k. It tells us the true value of zen if it were allowed to adjust freely would be near 560. It is starting to rise above 500 significantly, so the key market is starting to reflect that. Keys are the most obvious liquid exchange to convert zen into AD without using the capped zen/AD exchange.

In the end, it is not the case that 500k is going to be the steady place of wards. The exchange rate only holds its meaning when it is not at the cap. If keys are any indication though they will be near 622k at current prices because that is the price where buying 10 keys or 1 ward has the same ratio of conversion.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Is no one realizing that this will give botters even more ad?
    Ppl will still open boxes -> forced to craft enchants -> more refine points will get bought -> botters make more profit
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Coal Ward is a really bad change, plain and simple, and will drive players away - Its a simple as that.
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    [*]Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.

No no no no please DO NOT do this. People have been complaining A LOT about 300k price, 500k+ price will simply drive them away from the game.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Artifact: Shard of Valindra's Crown can no longer be interrupted once activated.
    I didn't really get this one. Does that mean we can no longer cancel it's activation with dodge/shift or is this a fix for a bug when artifact's activation could be interrupted by some forms of control?
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hmmm ... some changes in company behavior from the module 2 are positive ( I mentioned this today with a friend ) but others sound a bit traumatic / aggressive .

focusing on what matters : the Coalescent . If you want to " monopolize " or stifle the " free trade" for a given article , it is important that you provide a service that , for that is more restrictive in practice, pass me the feeling that "something has improved the life of the player."

the first constraint to Coalescent , if my memory dont fail, came along with the refining system . ok , now the problem with this " boom " in the price of R5 , my reaction was not to contemplate buying a saphira (still less desirable ) . I actually lost a little willingness to evolve my character .. and this is what 's left for the old players since the content of the game itself walking a bit limited .

out this "bonus stone " that comes along with companions , it seems to me that Zen is acquired internally (ad ) or externally ( money) lost a lot of the purchase price .

type services , change my appearance (for which I do not desire) and " free retraining" ( we all expected to receive freely ) is not what we seek .the problem is not buy zen with real money; whether it be advantageous or not it is legitimate business of you to be profitable. but it is also important that I, as a consumer, do not feel that my money/time is not worth anything.

ps : lockbox always gave me a bad feeling of " Gambling , " which hurts a bit my moral precepts .

I leave here a veiled suggestion ....
  • trohkarrtrohkarr Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2014
    [*]Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.[*]

Sorry guys but i have to say this will be one of the worst changes ever made to the game til now. Please do not let this go live, else i could see player base droping even more and that would be a shame to such a sweet game imo!
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I didn't really get this one. Does that mean we can no longer cancel it's activation with dodge/shift or is this a fix for a bug when artifact's activation could be interrupted by some forms of control?

My guess: can't stop it with dodge/shift. At least from what I've read, people were doing that to keep the immunity.
  • arandomusername1arandomusername1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Devs Please PLEASE rethink the coal ward thing as there is nothing wrong with it they way it is. this will drive newer players from the game and put the haves further from the have nots. You will lose money in the long run with less players
  • legianjilegianji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Gotta say that the Coal BoAccount is the worst change ever.
    I liked this game because it provided a very nice F2P feature.
    You buy, you just go faster. You don't buy, you can achieve everything but with more grinding and time.
    Now it will all be in favour of the buyers. Don't do that, it's a Harakiri and a low hit to F2P players.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well not even 5 hours after this announcement and the economy is trashed.

Seriously reverse this change on the coal wards devs. Just look at the lesser enchantments and coal ward prices and see the damage you have done.

Seriously not cool move.
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    while I'm upset about the ward changes from the trade bar merchant what I'm more curious about is this:
    Character

Frozen Crystal Lockbox: The amount of tokens that come from the Companion Fortification Kit is now 30 up from 1.

Will anyone who already has tokes from the kits get the new number of tokens now, for example before patch I have one coin, after patch would I have 30?
    edited May 2014
    Better BoA than BOP and as long as the ad/zen exchange exist, it can be considered still f2p. Cwards more expensive now? Yes, means that people will take longer to get their weapon/armor enchantments but still viable. Paying $$ for stuff in the zen market only allow you to get everything faster, things that you can get for free grinding like a maniac.

Don't get me wrong, it is not something that I like and I'm not trying to defend this but this was supposed to happen long time ago.
    fkze9t.jpg
This discussion has been closed.