test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140407a.3

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Audio
  • Voice overs for this module have started to be hooked up starting with Caer-Konig NPCs.

Characters
  • Jarlaxle has an updated costume, including an enlarged feather!
  • Updated character scaling and presets for character creation.

Classes and Balance
  • Repeatedly killing the same player in PvP will now only give you rewards again after a short cooldown.
  • Control Wizard: Shard of Eternal Avalanche: Most critters and other players will not be able to knock or repel your Shard now.
  • Great Weapon Fighters: Now gain determination from taking Black Ice damage.
  • Pathfinder
    • Ambush: No longer deals damage to allies, and now mentions that both effects are removed when using a power.
    • Careful Attack: Now lasts up to 25 seconds and only can affect a singel target at once. Damage no longer removes the effect, but instead can trigger the damage bonus once every 1.5 seconds. No longer reduces target's damage.
    • Hunter's Teamwork: Now also reduces target's damage.
    • Quarry Feat: Now correctly affects all powers.

Content
  • Fix to dwarf stew captives not resetting properly.
  • Behavios for the PvP Heroic Encounter spawned NPCs have improved and now spawn and respawn more reliably.
  • Black Ice now drops in larger quantities in PvP areas when mined.
  • Black Ice now has a larger area in which you can interact with it.
  • Captain Dunish has moved just around the corner so he isnt the first NPC players see after the tutorial.
  • Dread Vault campfires can now all be properly respawned from instead of needing to start from the entrance every time.
  • Jarlaxle will now offer the artifact quest to players who have more than one level 60. You will need to copy over 2 additional characters (can be same character) to the Preview shard to do this due to tech limitations, this will not affect live when it goes there.
  • Kessell's Retreat pre-requisites now requires a 20% Black Ice Resist instead of 4 pieces of gear specifically.
  • Removed the Protect the Caravan Heroic Encounter above the bridge above the Ebonfrost Scree to reduce confusion and not block off a critical pathway to the northern section of the zone.
  • Scoring for Heroic Encounters participation has been adjusted to better fit a players participation levels.
  • There are now better warnings in Heroic Encounters when the objectives update.
  • There is a new Daily quest in Caer-Konig, Need for Mead! Defend the brewery from raucus barbarians.
  • There is now an achievement for meeting the requirements for Icewind Dale to help inform players they are ready to travel to Caer-Konig.
  • Dwarven Valley Heroic Encounter for PvP is now active. It is similar to its Icewind Pass counterpart in many regards(still in development).

Enemies
  • Barbarian shaman will no longer try to summon another spirit bear if one is still alive.
  • Enemies will no longer wander around and be attracted to strange objects such as trees , fences or patrolling points in Icewind Pass.
  • Icewind Bosses and Minibosses can now see through stealth.
  • Reduced the damage the barbarian bear rider's spear throw attack does by 20%.
  • The Remorhaz now despawns 60 seconds after being defeated for better selfie opportunities.

Environment
  • Additional updates to the Icewind Dale PvP borders.
  • Biggrin's Rest: Additional polish and aesthetic updates.
  • Biggrin's Rest: Moved ramps in place in the throne room so it's not as bumpy to get to the platform above.
  • Dwarven Valley: Additional polish and aesthetic updates.
  • The points to summon the golem in the Ebonfrost Scree have been updated.

Items and Economy
  • Emblem of Seldarine: Added a 1 second internal cooldown on the triggered effect and it no longer stacks with multiple instances of the activated ability from other players.
  • Fey Blessing Enchantments have an updated and more appropriate icon.
  • Standard Black Ice and Hammerstone Dwarven item sets power levels tuned down to slightly to a more reasonable level.
  • Stones of Health may no longer be used while affected by Healing Depression.
  • There are now Lesser and Greater Black Ice enchantments available in the Black Ice Shaping profession.
  • There is a new Icewind Healing Potion available in the Caer-Konig consumables store. It heals the same amount as as Greater Healing Potions with half of the healing being a HoT but is usable while affected by Healing Depression.

Localization
  • Damage types in the combat log are now all properly translated.

User Interface
  • Collections: There are now separate messages for completing Companion Collections and completion other Collections.
  • Enchantments: There is now an appropriate error message when attempting to slot an enchantment into the wrong slot type.
  • More art updated for collections.
  • Party members once again have a different overhead name coloring when they have a mercenary contract.
  • PvP Campaign sub categories have updated art treatments.
  • The final PvP scoreboard can no longer be closed after a match is finished and get players stuck in the map.
  • The game main menu may be brought up while dead with the Escape key.
  • The map and minimap now displays your current golden path destination.
  • Updated the PvP flagging messages.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    This is currently scheduled to go to Preview at 4pm PST.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice changes all around! Keep up the good work. Couple questions:

- Does the mentioned fix to the Shard of Eternal Avalanche also include problem that the Wizard itself couldn't push it sometimes?
    - Have you looked over the Icewind Pass and the problem that mobs get trapped under the map and most HEs can't be completed because of it?
    - Have you looked into the Barbarian Maurauder 2-3 HEs in Icewind Pass? There are still some that are way too strong.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Nice changes all around! Keep up the good work. Couple questions:

- Does the mentioned fix to the Shard of Eternal Avalanche also include problem that the Wizard itself couldn't push it sometimes?
    - Have you looked over the Icewind Pass and the problem that mobs get trapped under the map and most HEs can't be completed because of it?
    - Have you looked into the Barbarian Maurauder 2-3 HEs in Icewind Pass? There are still some that are way too strong.

- Probably not, though I have never seen this myself. I will have QA look into it.
    - Yes, there were several causes to this and a lot if not all should be resolved. They enemies were wandering in silly behaviors due to a build issue that caused their pathing to not exist on certain maps (except on trees...). Please let me know if you see any more of this with map co ordinates so we can track them down.
    - There were some adjustments to them as well. Some issues were fixed last week as well with buffs stacking incorrectly. Bear Riders are also less lethal now as noted above.
    edited April 2014
    Cool stuff, eager to test later.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice build ,can't wait to try out Need for Mead , couple of questions though :

Will the requirements for entry into kessell's retreat be permanently down to only 20% black ice resistance or is that only for testing purposes?
    Are you sure the artifact quest will be able to be taken? The preview shard seems to have issues recognizing that you have completed the boons and other tasks from the previous campaigns .
    panderus wrote: »
    Emblem of Seldarine: Added a 1 second internal cooldown on the triggered effect and it no longer stacks with multiple instances of the activated ability from other players.

;0
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • amycusthornamycusthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *listens* Did I hear Emblem just... die?
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    edited out
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Caer Konig mini map screen is corrupted for both of my characters , anyone else getting the same ?
    Also got the admin comment about a new quest to be given from Knox , but no quest is detected at either of the 2 Knoxes ( maybe because I was already running IWD quests already ? ) .
    The class artifact quest works at least .

Also dropping the kessels entry requirement to 20% makes no difference .
    you can't upgrade the armour or talisman until level 3 and without the gloves ( which is a drop item , which many folk may never get due to the lack of people to run higher level HE's ) we still can't meet this requirement as we can only have 16% resistance until we either get the gloves or are able to craft at level 3 .
    They should have dropped the value to 16% in order to at least get people qualified to enter .

Edit : If you fully empower the armour then each part then gives you 10% , so with the 2 fully empowered pieces we can enter the skirmish .
    I forgot I never empowered the armour and only looked at the tooltip . sorry .
  • nemesaonemesao Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Emblems is dead heres why: Heals 869 (435 with healing depression) every 1 second for 15 seconds, total healing of 6525 (but its AoE buff).
    Waters does what? Heals 8690 over 6 seconds.

Since Emblems stats sux, only click was good, well, just delete it :)
    edited April 2014
    nemesao wrote: »
    Emblems is dead heres why: Heals 869 (435 with healing depression) every 1 second for 15 seconds, total healing of 6525 (but its AoE buff).

Doesn't it heal everybody in your group / around you?
    edited April 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    Caer Konig mini map screen is corrupted for both of my characters , anyone else getting the same ?
    Also got the admin comment about a new quest to be given from Knox , but no quest is detected at either of the 2 Knoxes ( maybe because I was already running IWD quests already ? ) .
    The class artifact quest works at least .

Minimap is a mosaic for me as well.

Anybody found the new daily "Need for Mead" yet was it just added to the rotation of quests that from which three are handed out per zone each day?
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think for the mead quest that you have to unlock the tavern potion purchase options first and then the barkeeper will issue the quest as a daily .
    edited April 2014
    I like the new artifact quest , nice and pretty and good to revisit the starter area , didn't expect a Beholder though lol

pelgrax wrote: »
    I think for the mead quest that you have to unlock the tavern potion purchase options first and then the barkeeper will issue the quest as a daily .

Yeah Hook line and sinker II says that it unlocks a new daily quest , I wonder if the Yeti in the bar that you can interact with has anything to do with it , you need Yeti treats lol also same here , map for Caer Konig is messed up.
  • arpemarpem Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The boons from the new campaign are still broken. Ive submitted a ticket about it, but not seeing anything in these release notes that you have fixed it. Are they still working on fixing them or is it possible you are un-aware it is bugged.

This photo is from my campaign window showing I have completed the required training to receive the boon

Campaign+window.jpg

This photo is showing that I cant put any points into the boon that I unlocked.

Boon.jpg
  • amycusthornamycusthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nemesao wrote: »

This was actually on the tooltip for Emblem from the start. It's not a nerf, it's a fix.
  • julianalz55julianalz55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "The final PvP scoreboard can no longer be closed after a match is finished and get players stuck in the map."

This was actually nice, letting pple do 1v1s after the match was done.
  • rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    This was actually on the tooltip for Emblem from the start. It's not a nerf, it's a fix.
    LkQ6gPg.png
    You sure?

Regardless, it requires you to be hit. If you don't get hit, it doesn't heal. The internal cooldown will make it comparatively useless. It's really only great versus DoT's and lesser geared players. Pretty much anything hits for greater than ~450 damage.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Fey Blessing enchants: if you are in a grp they get to roll on your drops from these. Makes them pretty weak when they could have been a good way to cheaply earn RefinePoints/Create enchants.
  • brzezin1brzezin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd love emblem nerf ;) Pvp will be balanced
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Items and Economy
    • There is a new Icewind Healing Potion available in the Caer-Konig consumables store. It heals the same amount as as Greater Healing Potions with half of the healing being a HoT but is usable while affected by Healing Depression.

Well, this is just...yeap. Fixing the problem with PvE potions and then adding this. But np, I ceased to care about this new PvP since the first day of testing.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Emblem of Seldarine: Added a 1 second internal cooldown on the triggered effect and it no longer stacks with multiple instances of the activated ability from other players.

Woohoo!

One minute of silence for the Emblem, you'll forever be missed... :p
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [*]Dread Vault campfires can now all be properly respawned from instead of needing to start from the entrance every time.

Great News! Thank you!
  • zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Icewind Bosses and Minibosses can now see through stealth.

Can you do that for all bosses in the game? :) Thx.
    • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
      edited April 2014
      mehguy138 wrote: »
      Well, this is just...yeap. Fixing the problem with PvE potions and then adding this. But np, I ceased to care about this new PvP since the first day of testing.

Its quite irritating.
    • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
      edited April 2014
      Fey Blessing enchants: if you are in a grp they get to roll on your drops from these. Makes them pretty weak when they could have been a good way to cheaply earn RefinePoints/Create enchants.
      Unless it's been changed, then you need the last hit on that mob and then if it procs, only you can pick it up.
      edited April 2014
      frishter wrote: »
      Unless it's been changed, then you need the last hit on that mob and then if it procs, only you can pick it up.

I think he was suggesting to change it so that Fey blessing enchantment drops were a party wide roll , personally I'd say no thanks , they are very good as they are and wearing just 3 of the 1% ones gives a really good amount of lvl 4 enchantment drops , certainly don't want to share them with my party though lol.
      There is a new Icewind Healing Potion available in the Caer-Konig consumables store. It heals the same amount as as Greater Healing Potions with half of the healing being a HoT but is usable while affected by Healing Depression.

Why? can we get some developer feedback on why you think that we need a separate healing pot other than the existing pvp potion , what was the point of removing the regular healing potion from IWD pvp and then just adding this , makes zero sense what so ever.
    • keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
      edited April 2014

items and economy
      • emblem of seldarine: Added a 1 second internal cooldown on the triggered effect and it no longer stacks with multiple instances of the activated ability from other players.

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaahahahhaahahhahaahahahahaha x10000

Finally everyone who was abusing emblem gets OWNED :DDDDD Oh my god i can feel the rage already!
      No longer playing NW
      edited April 2014
      - Probably not, though I have never seen this myself. I will have QA look into it.
      - There were some adjustments to them as well. Some issues were fixed last week as well with buffs stacking incorrectly. Bear Riders are also less lethal now as noted above.

Both issues are still around.
    • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2014
      Items and Economy
      • Emblem of Seldarine: Added a 1 second internal cooldown on the triggered effect and it no longer stacks with multiple instances of the activated ability from other players.

Really good patch: I have wasted 7M AD on the emblem and now thare are potions on 12 sec CD that heal more than my HW.
    • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
      edited April 2014
      lol @whiners. Emblem nerf is pretty dumb. First and foremost, if you dont get hit it does nothing. Second if you go against a GWF, their hits are so hard that it does nothing. You are better off using waters or skull. So if they cast it dont hit them, find another tactic.

It's not going to fix pvp.. you will still get your asses handed to you. The fact of the matter is a fight with a geared vs ungeared or non experienced player, they are going to lose with or without the emblem

It wont really affect any of the top pvp players but it does make the artifact useless which is a shame because its fairly rare. But don't kid yourselves in thinking you are gonna win a ton of matches now that the uber emblem is nerfed.

Lastly, the problem isnt the artifact, its that new and non geared pvp'ers go against ET, EoA, CS and think its the emblem that killed them lol. Maybe we should look at that elo system again.. its working well.
      GShBCGl.jpg
    This discussion has been closed.