test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140407a.3

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Another reason to make legendary artifacts Bind on Account so we can at least use them as refining points, you just made us waste a lot of millions in AD. I used it a lot helping my low geared guildies in dungeons t2, now what? Guys use a potion, it's better than this useless artifact. Thanks a lot.

Anyway, as usually, once they have done a change, they just won't go back, no matter how much we argue about this, emblem is going to stay nerfed.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was reading the patch notes to the test shard and noticed the crushing nerf to the emblem of seldarine, i was hoping you guys realize that the reason for why it is so good right now is because every rogue is running bilethorn which doesnt have an internal cooldown on each hit, so that means on a duelist flurry, not only will it proc upon each hit of the duelist flurry, it has a bleed effect afterwards where it will proc for each hit, and the speed of the duelist flurry for 2x after the flurry is done. the hits are small roughly 100dmg for lesser- 250 dmg for perfect ( and is effected by power) the emblem currently is the ONLY thing that counteracts this effect.

The emblem is the only thing that counteracts the bilethorn rogue right now, they just sit in stealth and bleed you to death with duelist flurrys that follow you when you try to walk away, and path of blades which has a crazy radius and when they have full AP ( which since now most good trs are running ap gain builds ) will shocking execution you and guarantee that you die, ( and currently shocking execution is broken as shown in video )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW1k8OXBbHQ

yes i understand that this guy was completely debuffed with 2x ray of enfeeble high viziers and knights challenge, but any daily that guarentees a 15k-36k hit on all classes is broken. A control wizard debuffing a great weapon fighter to the maximum wont even hit a 10k crit ice knife. but i digress from the subject of the massive nerf of the emblem of seldarine, the emblem wasnt broken, it wasnt OP, it was fair and could cost players up to 10 million AD to buy and upgrade to make it useful. just to counteract the OP tr builds that bleed you to 20-40% and shocking you to death.

so please, reconsider the nerf, make the emblem unstackable yes, but do not add the internal cooldown, in fact you should be adding the internal cooldown to bilethorn, because that is truly what is currently broken. thank you for your time and i would really, really appreciate a response including your thoughts on the subject
    Don't waste my time.
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    also being unable to close the scoreboard at the end is a terrible idea, people play after the match to practice versus other classes and for 1v1's now people will be unable to do this
    Don't waste my time.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Lastly, the problem isnt the artifact, its that new and non geared pvp'ers go against ET, EoA, CS and think its the emblem that killed them lol. Maybe we should look at that elo system again.. its working well.
    Yeah... no. The artifact was OP in pvp and a must have if you want to be top.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    lol @whiners. Emblem nerf is pretty dumb. First and foremost, if you dont get hit it does nothing. Second if you go against a GWF, their hits are so hard that it does nothing. You are better off using waters or skull. So if they cast it dont hit them, find another tactic.

It's not going to fix pvp.. you will still get your asses handed to you. The fact of the matter is a fight with a geared vs ungeared or non experienced player, they are going to lose with or without the emblem

It wont really affect any of the top pvp players but it does make the artifact useless which is a shame because its fairly rare. But don't kid yourselves in thinking you are gonna win a ton of matches now that the uber emblem is nerfed.

Lastly, the problem isnt the artifact, its that new and non geared pvp'ers go against ET, EoA, CS and think its the emblem that killed them lol. Maybe we should look at that elo system again.. its working well.

Emblem pretty much gave GWF and TRs immunity for several seconds if you don't hit them and you pretty much heal them if you do attack so the fact that it took cryptic this long to nerf it is pretty dumb.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you dont get hit it does nothing. Second if you go against a GWF, their hits are so hard that it does nothing. You are better off using waters or skull. So if they cast it dont hit them, find another tactic.

Yeah, a typical "Do not hit me, but I can hit you" argument. Do you really think emblem users are all dumbos just stand there and do /emote dance to everyone? I do not think so.
    It's not going to fix pvp.. you will still get your asses handed to you. The fact of the matter is a fight with a geared vs ungeared or non experienced player, they are going to lose with or without the emblem

Do you think that any casual 6k-7k gs could put their hands on an emblem artifact which is around 6 millions AD? Nope, those who have emblem are usually uberly rich and run around with top notch gears and enchantments.

I am glad that this will not be another fiasco like tenebous which it took them 6 months to end it.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    utuwer wrote: »

Do you think that any casual 6k-7k gs could put their hands on an emblem artifact which is around 6 millions AD? Nope, those who have emblem are usually uberly rich and run around with top notch gears and enchantments.

Why do I want to pvp against a another player with that GS. And why does an item have to be nerfed because you or someone else cant afford it. Quite silly. Save up and get one, but instead lets nerf it because I cant have it. Cool story bro.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why do I want to pvp against a another player with that GS. And why does an item have to be nerfed because you or someone else cant afford it. Quite silly. Save up and get one, but instead lets nerf it because I cant have it. Cool story bro.

Yeah but the Emblem hasn't been nerfed ,it wasn't working as intended ,it was never supposed to stack multiple times with itself , all they have done is fix the thing so that it now works as the description says it should.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah but the Emblem hasn't been nerfed ,it wasn't working as intended ,it was never supposed to stack multiple times with itself , all they have done is fix the thing so that it now works as the description says it should.

To be fair for people with emblems, that isn't in the description on live; its added into the preview server. Now, its been asked for months to give it an internal cooldown on the forums, for sure. As for the nerf itself, good. I'm just surprised there isn't an uproar about it yet on the forums (probably keeping the info from spreading yet so people can sell any spare emblems that have fast before it spreads).
    edited April 2014
    And why does an item have to be nerfed because you or someone else cant afford it. Quite silly. Save up and get one, but instead lets nerf it because I cant have it. Cool story bro.
    You answered your own question. If you need the same item in order to compete properly especially when that item isn't easy to acquire, it needs to be nerfed as it's obviously not balanced. Artifacts should be a choice.
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    so please, reconsider the nerf, make the emblem unstackable yes, but do not add the internal cooldown, in fact you should be adding the internal cooldown to bilethorn, because that is truly what is currently broken. thank you for your time and i would really, really appreciate a response including your thoughts on the subject

I have a legendary emblem on 3 of my toons, and I'll say that they are cheesy and dumb. Pretty tired fighting certain guilds where each of the players has an emblem.

More skills, less reliance on broken items that are out of the reach of 99% of the players.

Nerf it to the point where is useful, but not OP.
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think removing the stacking would be enough of a nerf without making it useless. But, this is just a test relm, maybe if its tested and turns out these changes nerfed it to hard they will adjust it again. Try out the changes before jumping to conclusions guys.
  • mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Destroyer's Purpose tool tip still lists the damage increase as a 1% damage increase rather than 2%. Is it just the tool tip or has the skill not been updated yet?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Destroyer's Purpose tool tip still lists the damage increase as a 1% damage increase rather than 2%. Is it just the tool tip or has the skill not been updated yet?

The developer said the skill has been updated but he updated the text in the wrong place.
    Bug: Destroyer's Purpose Tooltip
    Destroyer’s Purpose tooltip still states 1% per stack and lasts 20 seconds, instead of 2% per stack and lasts 25 seconds.
    Good catch, I updated the text in the wrong place :P

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635191-Official-Feedback-Thread-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Changes&p=7719531&viewfull=1#post7719531
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any news on when foundry editing will be available and when gauntlets for Black Ice Shaping will be for sale.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited April 2014
    when gauntlets for Black Ice Shaping will be for sale.

The gauntlets are coming in the black ice professions pack , they will not drop from existing profession packs so I'm guessing the day it patches to live we will be able to get hold of some when the black ice profession pack goes on sale in the store.
    edited April 2014
    The gauntlets are coming in the black ice professions pack , they will not drop from existing profession packs so I'm guessing the day it patches to live we will be able to get hold of some when the black ice profession pack goes on sale in the store.

Ok. I was wondering about the basic white ones that are usually for sale at vendors. Are we not going to get that for Black Ice Shaping?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited April 2014
    Ok. I was wondering about the basic white ones that are usually for sale at vendors. Are we not going to get that for Black Ice Shaping?

No... in one of the official black ice threads someone asked about the missing white gauntlets and the developer said that they are only providing players with one free gauntlet each so anybody who doesn't spend cash on the game or spend hours farming enough AD to trade for zen to buy the new profession pack or buy gauntlets from the AH will be stuck with one shaping gauntlet and therefore will be at a massive disadvantage crafting ,empowering and keeping gear empowered with just one white gauntlet .
    edited April 2014
    No... in one of the official black ice threads someone asked about the missing white gauntlets and the developer said that they are only providing players with one free gauntlet each so anybody who doesn't spend cash on the game or spend hours farming enough AD to trade for zen to buy the new profession pack or buy gauntlets from the AH will be stuck with one shaping gauntlet and therefore will be at a massive disadvantage crafting ,empowering and keeping gear empowered with just one white gauntlet .
    Thanks for the info. I hope it will at least be reasonably priced. Would kind of suck having to have to rely on booster odds and prices for not so good items.
    edited April 2014

Oh, ok. I missed that post I guess. I was wondering why people stopped asking about it.
  • berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The final PvP scoreboard can no longer be closed after a match is finished and get players stuck in the map

What the ****?? Why the **** are you doing this? Does fixing this benefit PWE somehow? Because it sure as hell dosent benefit the players.
    Now we have to stop in the middle of a match to do some 1v1s? And please dont count the "open world" pvp with the companions and everything. Its not the same, even if you try to convice yourselves that.

THIS IS THE GAYEST NEWS EVER
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    berzergera wrote: »

"<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" is not a synonym for "bad"
    edited April 2014
    berzergera wrote: »

This is the most light hearted and carefree news ever? I ask because I fail to see how news can be of a sexual orientation .
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can think of many more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-er news but most of them have nothing to do with a MMO. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Jarlaxle will now offer the artifact quest to players who have more than one level 60. You will need to copy over 2 additional characters (can be same character) to the Preview shard to do this due to tech limitations, this will not affect live when it goes there.

I tried this,

I have two of the same character in there... but Jaraxle still does not give the quest.

I get the standard one character response.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Quick question. Basically everything you do at level 60 earns you AD. How are you NOT going to eventually get enough AD to purchase extra gauntlets? I mean, if you're doing something that isn't earning you AD, then chances are you won't even need the Black Ice gear, right?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited April 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Quick question. Basically everything you do at level 60 earns you AD. How are you NOT going to eventually get enough AD to purchase extra gauntlets? I mean, if you're doing something that isn't earning you AD, then chances are you won't even need the Black Ice gear, right?

where did i say that someone couldn't eventually earn more gauntlets if they want them ?
    edited April 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    That's an odd thing to say. With that logic you can apply it to anything ingame and we don't even know how much it will cost us and if that cost will justify the benefits.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Jarlaxle will now offer the artifact quest to players who have more than one level 60. You will need to copy over 2 additional characters (can be same character) to the Preview shard to do this due to tech limitations, this will not affect live when it goes there.

I tried this,

I have two of the same character in there... but Jaraxle still does not give the quest.

I get the standard one character response.

I successfully did it on two characters (TR and GWF). Try copying over another and entering Ice Wind Dale with that one.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hello Devs and all community members, I've been playing on the preview server with my HR, which btw the new content is beautiful, fun, and extremely challenging! I love everything about it except for one thing..
    I was wondering why all the purified and corrupt gear for the HR's have very little or no critical stats on them? and I'm not trying to be an OP or a troll about it.. just wondering why so when critical strike / chance is one of our top 3 stat priorities? especially when it comes to our DPS which I have already seen a reduction in the DPS charts because of this? any valid reason why would be greatly appreciated so that it will help other HR players understand and help us with possible retraining, and stone slotting
    5790248SLdyC.png
This discussion has been closed.