What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140407a.3

13»

Comments

• harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dyeslee wrote: »
    hello Devs and all community members, I've been playing on the preview server with my HR, which btw the new content is beautiful, fun, and extremely challenging! I love everything about it except for one thing..
    I was wondering why all the purified and corrupt gear for the HR's have very little or no critical stats on them? and I'm not trying to be an OP or a troll about it.. just wondering why so when critical strike / chance is one of our top 3 stat priorities? especially when it comes to our DPS which I have already seen a reduction in the DPS charts because of this? any valid reason why would be greatly appreciated so that it will help other HR players understand and help us with possible retraining, and stone slotting

I'd like to point out that Correcting Aim basically negates the need for any sort of crit stacking, but at the same time it does feel like it' pushing the poor rangers into an archery based corner.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I will correct one thing.. there is ONLY 1 Bow, and 1 Blades that has critical that is currently on the preview server.. only 1 of each.. which IMO is pretty fail, and ofc its a Rare Drop from the random heroic encounters.. but there are 4+ other blades and bows with PVP based with Tenacity ( ofc which doesnt have critical either) and (which can be crafted, found in packs, rare drops, and the new Skirmish).. Are we going to see any chance of more then just 1 set of weapons for the HR with critical strike??

BTW i do know about correcting aim and its great but I also run a Nature build HR so I would have to heavy stack Azure enchants that would be more beneficial towards HP (Stag Heart Buff) and other stats..

There are those of us such as myself that don't care about PVP at all.. so could we possibly see a chance to have more then the minimum for use PVE players? Please???
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @dyeslee - You should go onto the official black ice gear thread and point out your concerns , the developer who seems to be in charge of the new gear has been pretty open so far to altering stats on gear sets when players have given feedback on how it could be improved.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    will do and ty for pointing that there is an official thread to where i can post this
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited April 2014
    "The final PvP scoreboard can no longer be closed after a match is finished and get players stuck in the map."

This was actually nice, letting pple do 1v1s after the match was done.

I agree, can we please have the option of staying on the map after the match is over. Some of the most fun and educational times I've had in pvp is messing around with guildies or players from opposing team after the actual match. We can't spar, can't 1v1, etc...this is how some of us practice our skills.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Characters
    • Jarlaxle has an updated costume, including an enlarged feather!
    • Updated character scaling and presets for character creation.

Oh good, because Jarlaxle's feather was making me lose sleep at night. Is someone at least working on the travesty that is the current character creation/alteration? Absolutely no one was clamoring for invisible high heels, but plenty are clamoring for the old character creation options back, female elves having less freakish eyes... Oh and let's not forget male drow and half-elves having ears that STILL don't don't touch their heads, and male half-elves not being able to have facial hair anymore. There's a 12-page thread about this mess with zero response. :|
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    kuyabay wrote: »
    I agree, can we please have the option of staying on the map after the match is over. Some of the most fun and educational times I've had in pvp is messing around with guildies or players from opposing team after the actual match. We can't spar, can't 1v1, etc...this is how some of us practice our skills.

Module 3....module 3.

It has it all
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    lol @whiners. Emblem nerf is pretty dumb. First and foremost, if you dont get hit it does nothing. Second if you go against a GWF, their hits are so hard that it does nothing. You are better off using waters or skull. So if they cast it dont hit them, find another tactic.

It's not going to fix pvp.. you will still get your asses handed to you. The fact of the matter is a fight with a geared vs ungeared or non experienced player, they are going to lose with or without the emblem

It wont really affect any of the top pvp players but it does make the artifact useless which is a shame because its fairly rare. But don't kid yourselves in thinking you are gonna win a ton of matches now that the uber emblem is nerfed.

Lastly, the problem isnt the artifact, its that new and non geared pvp'ers go against ET, EoA, CS and think its the emblem that killed them lol. Maybe we should look at that elo system again.. its working well.

Wait, you call people whiners and yet you whine about the emblem getting nerfed?

Hypocrite much?
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Out of curiosity ... the appearance of the old characters will be updated for this new model?

The "charater designe" of Module 3 is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life (the current is the best I've seen in mmo...with the exception of hair).

If the responsible person left, engage it at the price that is. if it continues, give him a slap in the face. that person is the genius behind the success of the game.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    Out of curiosity ... the appearance of the old characters will be updated for this new model?

The "charater designe" of Module 3 is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life (the current is the best I've seen in mmo...with the exception of hair).

If the responsible person left, engage it at the price that is. if it continues, give him a slap in the face. that person is the genius behind the success of the game.

If they force an appearance change, the devs can play alone....

And bring back the first fashion set, with the white jeans like pants, not the current brown crumpled weird skirt-pants thing.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »

And bring back the first fashion set, with the white jeans like pants, not the current brown crumpled weird skirt-pants thing.

can bet; My cw disney villain is looking like a chubby scared in this new designe. I got scared to open the modifier appearance.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Agreed on both counts. Gods forbid females have non-skirted pants, but oh, we can have hideous invisible heels.

The new appearance stuff is not at all appealing to me. I've seen less anime-looking characters in Japanese multiplayer games. If it's forced on me, no thanks.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no new patch today?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014

What fashion set did they alter?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    What fashion set did they alter?

Icewinds Peasant's Garb ( i don't remember if the name was changed too, but the first time mod3 went to preview it was buy-able with gold and was different - specifically the pants )
This discussion has been closed.