Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/09/13

Comments

• Options
    jackdragon9jackdragon9 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    -AH is still almost unusable; more so for selling. At least get the sorting fixed... (Its not worth it unless you have something really good.) Btw the double dipping fee is completely uncalled for... Its not the avg players fault you dumped 6k x2mil+ AD into the game... (aka of coarse its an AD sink; but still)
    Sometimes I wish this was a p2p because I don't want to see you guys PWE this game to death :/ Its such a good game...Step it up.
    I agree that the AH sucks. But there is no real duble dipping fee. There is a deposit when you put it up and a fee when it is sold. You will get the deposit back when you sell your stuff
  • Options
    theinovaththeinovath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i sure hope it will improve the fps a bit i got like 20 fps in town all low... well besides the ress the ress is high as possible :D anyway great game loving it so far adoring the trickster and cant wait to see what will improve after the maintance ...so keep up the good work :D thinking of spending some money in the game but first reaching that max lvl :D i dont even what max lvl is but dont realy care let it be as high as possible cuz i will reach it :D have a nice day...or night whatever timezone you guys in...see ya ingame
  • Options
    icecoldleoicecoldleo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nicely done staff
  • Options
    whemmywhemmy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm either the login server is being hammered, or it is slower to boot than everything else, or it's still poorly

**Edit, aha - so theyve had to open the front end for their internal work
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    whemmy of course it is being hammered...
  • Options
    chucruteeeechucruteeee Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Outstanding!
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genjundead wrote: »
    i was still wondering when your going to come out with the training books for the companions as this is very important for many people to know i was wondering when and what will the currrency be i was hoping it would be gold but since it is in the exotic section it willl probally not cost gold if you can consider my opinion i would be glad because that was i could try and get all my hires a book but if you wont can you tell us what will the currency be and when you plan on coming out with it

I'm pretty shure that the cost will be in AD.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh now thread open, nice.
    I hope game will be backup soon, since i am out off stuff to do on this holiday.
    Keeping fingers crossed.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bishop2c3 wrote: »
    You seem like a knowledgeable bunch of guys, I just have two quick questions:

1. Would it be possible to put the maintenance notices in a persistent RSS feed, so we don't have to dig for them? I would love to add it to my guild news page.

What a great idea for both guilds and everyone else. But for guilds, it's yet another reason for members to hit that web page for information instead of digging through the dev comments looking for information. Plus the Dev forum is always good for a lot complaining, which isn't a mood we want our fellow players to be in. I agree, the green light isn't very accurate or informative.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree that the AH sucks. But there is no real duble dipping fee. There is a deposit when you put it up and a fee when it is sold. You will get the deposit back when you sell your stuff

I should reword that sry.

The main issue (and didn't mean that to sound so negative) is people are not getting it back...
    a lot of ppl are losing tons of ADs using the AH. (The ones that didn't get any AD to start with feels this hurt the most; as its counter productive.) The cut is to steep... Or a solution needs to be sooner then later in the AH department.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    We're now testing internally. Almost done!

And, we have something for you at 11 AM PDT.
  • Options
    blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    that will be my 1 pm then lol
  • Options
    whemmywhemmy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    ...The ones that didn't get any AD to start with ...

Ok I'm confused you get AD for pretty much anything/everything these days, hell even just praying gives it to you, so I don't understand the complaint
  • Options
    meathook88meathook88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so.. dishes are washed, floor is cleaned... hows this downtime going?

I got the front yard mowed too. Quit slackin'.
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that will be my 1 pm then lol

and my 2AM.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have one concern with the servers being fixed... An MMORPG is designed to handle a steady number of players with varying pings coming and going constently... However, this is the first huge downtime I have experienced with Neverwinter and I fear that the players who would have joined during the downtime all combined is going to lag for awhile... This coupled with the fact that most people will be in high player traffic areas such as the market in Protector's Enclave may cause crashes making the maintenance look pointless, it has happened to other MMOs I don't want it to happen to this one
  • Options
    jerchakjerchak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish there was a way to mess with foundry while the server was down :/ Would give me time to mess with it since I get too into the game to stop and concentrate on making the quests ;)
  • Options
    haggardh750haggardh750 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narthec wrote: »
    Need optimize engine me friend and me have intel i7 and amd x8 gtx 670 and ati 7970 and have 20-30 fps in city
    I believe may need to make sure that you fully optimized drivers for your pc as i have a similar and have a steady 60 fps through out the game and have had no issues the entire that i have played the game friend had the same issue and i configured hes drivers manually as windows is a terrible and cumsy OS at the best of times and does not know what is best.
  • Options
    bishop2c3bishop2c3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The real reason it's taking so long...

cat-comp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yay 15 minutes until lag fest!!!
  • Options
    randyzierandyzie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    We're now testing internally. Almost done!

And, we have something for you at 11 AM PDT.

O goodie, I wonder what they have for us!!!! ( might be out of context, I didn't read the entire thread )
    Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
    Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
    Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
    Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    icecoldleo wrote: »
    Yay 15 minutes until lag fest!!!

i had to do a double take as when i first read that i read it too fast... and it didn't say lag.
  • Options
    s4bres4bre Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whemmy wrote: »
    Ok I'm confused you get AD for pretty much anything/everything these days, hell even just praying gives it to you, so I don't understand the complaint

you do? i quested 2 days non stop to level 35, praying multiple times a day, having professions going on, yadda yadda
    i managed to accumulate about 7000 diamonds...compared to what i waS getting in STO during the same process of leveling
    my character...that is outright hilarious (specially cuz of the steep pricetag on just about anything).
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    bishop2c3 wrote: »
    The real reason it's taking so long...

cat-comp.jpg

Hire this cat now! MOAR BETTERZ SERVERZ.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i had to do a double take as when i first read that i read it too fast... and it didn't say lag.

What did you read it as? Just wondering...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    replace the l with f
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oh ok... Well there maybe butchers who have *** on them

*** is a meat product from pigs
  • Options
    rurubellrurubell Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    here a heads up, your servers are not up and run, your maintenance is past it states time you post so who ever is running the maintenance, should get there eye examined because it going on longer then your posting
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Really??? I use the word in the correct way giving its real use and its filtered...
This discussion has been closed.