test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What race will you play first in Neverwinter at launch?

Comments

• Options
    hughzy9hughzy9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A Dwarven Fighter no doubt!!! gimme that big dirty beard!!!
  • Options
    gents83301gents83301 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am so excited for this game. I've read every "Forgotten Realms" book I've ever gotten ahold of. And being a fan of D&D. (Currently dm a 4e game) I am desperately trying to find a way to get the wife to let me drop enough for the "Hero of the North" pack, in which case I'd be playing a Drizzt Ranger like class with hopefully Guinevere by my side.
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    IF they add more customization to Tieflings (I really want to be able to remove the face bones and add goatee) - probably a Tiefling. If not I will most likely be a half elf or halfling.

Now my dream: Deva Swordmage.
  • Options
    kalystanakalystana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited February 2013
    Dwarf healer. Had the opportunity to play her a little in the first Beta last weekend and loved it. Dwarves I think are underrated or overlooked because they are not as aesthetically pleasing as other classes. But I think they are fun to play, you dont get as many of them as other races around so you are more unique, and that is even more true since I am a genuine chick gamer. The dwarf healer gets her extra wis, plus extra con which is always useful, and then has inherent resists you want in a healer :)
    P.S Also I am short in real life, Im not that short, but I know the trials of being vertically challenged lol
  • Options
    zerojadzerojad Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Human race

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • Options
    th3fall3n777th3fall3n777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait to play an Elf - now if they're really digging into Forgotten Realms Lore, then specifically an Elf from Myth Drannor! Their backstory is amazing, and I'm interested to see how the designers play out the dynamic of the hatred of the Drow by the Elves, and vice versa.
  • Options
    nwahle1nwahle1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ah yeah a drow
  • Options
    rollhacksrollhacks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When I first got word of Neverwinter coming to life I was excited to play a wizard, they usually tend to be my go to class even though in PnP D&D I play heavy hitting characters like the fighter. I am also a huge fan of Drizzt and have read the series multiple times. So as you can guess Drow Wizard is what I am looking forward to playing.

Unfortunately the Wizard was not available for play this first Beta weekend and neither was the Drow, so double bummer! I did however play a Tiefling Guardian and I was hooked! I really enjoyed being able to stand there and take hits over and over again, laughing all the while while the baddies charged up super attacks and would swing at me without dealing a single damage.

So hopefully this next weekend Drow Wizard will be available and I will be able to narrow down which class I will be playing come release...unless another class and race are revealed *wink wink*
    Those who worship the light have never seen what shadow can do.
  • Options
    roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    halfling rogue to start for sure.
  • Options
    stereocyclopsstereocyclops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling Fighter - probably because I seem to always choose a rogue or archer, and its time I learned to wade in and soak up the punishment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Halfling

I am planning on playing a Thief. What you got in those pockets eh? Give me any gruff, I'll smash your kneecaps. :D
  • Options
    heretic789heretic789 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Half Orc, they are awesome. and no one would suspect a Half orc to be a cleric
  • Options
    chadillac5chadillac5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 61
    edited February 2013
    Got to stick with my Dwarves, love them to pieces. I need a sturdy axe though, my Fighter only found swords :(
  • Options
    wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    So many people saying Half-orc....which doesn't make sense considering you kill so many of em in game lol.

But hmmm, I guess I would say hobbit. They are cute and great rogues and I'm looking forward to stabbing people.
  • Options
    panaterapanatera Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm naturally drawn to the Drow, but I think I'll end up going with a dwarf. I love the shorties.
  • Options
    firehawke115firehawke115 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All of them!

Hmm, if I have to choose one, I will start with Human. I know, dull right, but that's my goto D&D race since I first started in 1981.

Second... Can't wait to try a Tiefling! :)
  • Options
    krisgkrisg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i will play as an elf gwf. all my life in dnd and any fantasy game ive always loved the lore of elves. especially in forgotten realms. the drow are cool but i beleive everyone and there mothers will want to play as a drow or a tiefling. i envision my elf(wont say name so no1 tries to still it) with a huge sword on his back. a typical looks can be deceiving or dont judge a book by its cover type of guy. for one elves are slim and athletic build.
  • Options
    timidonetimidone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I must have a dwarf in every game I play that has them available as a race. They are funny, their comedy is for the open minded, their battles cries are bound to be awesome, and there is nothing like mowing down legions of the enemy force with your tiny stalwart dwarf and his mighty Dwarven Axe. A classic race that appears in thousands of books, movies and games, the dwarf is the race that I am looking forward to the most.
  • Options
    crithappycrithappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My wife and I will play dwarves
  • Options
    timppakotimppako Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Halfling rogue would be my choice. Rogue gameplay seemed very nice in the beta reviews it will be interesting to see GWF and control mage in the future.
  • Options
    ultimusmagusultimusmagus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    A Menzo-Drow Wizard. Wish that both builds were available at launch, although I'll make the best of it with Control Wizard.
  • Options
    twiztedyuritwiztedyuri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Menzo halfling rougue or Menzo half-elf ranger if available
  • Options
    elcentorelcentor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I cant wait to explore the vast lands and role play with my brothers.
  • Options
    whodey420whodey420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling Trickster Rouge for sure
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling, because looking awesome is a way of life.
  • Options
    nightharriernightharrier Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    From looking at the video, kinda digging the trickster rogue. Probably run a halfling one.
    Original STO Forums Join Date - August 2008
  • Options
    racristracrist Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    :cool::cool:Human:cool::cool:
  • Options
    lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I think out of the races dwarf as seems suited to a great weapon fighter , least to start out, sure other will be played too:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • Options
    lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Warforged! ...

*ducks under a barrage of rotten tomatoes*
    20.jpg
  • Options
    darthvukdarthvuk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm gonna play a human because they're the most versatile race.
This discussion has been closed.