test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M28 Celestial Enchantment Reclaim

rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
The Reward Claims Agent (where the Mythic Enchantment exchange is) now has a Celestial Enchantment exchange also.

It works roughly the same way as it did for Mythics, but there are some important differences also.

Here's a summary:
* You get a Celestial in the first place by upgrading a Mythic that you got from the RCA (not an unbound Mythic).
* To keep overall costs under control, it's now cheaper to do the first few ranks of upgrades.
** The total costs to get from a fresh enchantment up to Celestial is about the cost it used to be from a fresh enchantment up to Mythic (actually slightly less).
* You hand in a Celestial to the RCA in the usual way to gain the "account unlock".
* Any of your characters can reclaim the Celestial. HOWEVER, you must hand in a Mythic also in order to get the Celestial (this is unfortunately necessary to keep the numbers in balance). You can pick up that Mythic from the RCA itself, so this shouldn't be a big burden.
** The end result should be the same as for Mythics: any enchantment setup you have on your main (including multiples of certain enchants) can now be obtained for free for each of your alts.
* You can't have more Celestial Account Unlocks (of a given enchantment type) than you have Mythic Account Unlocks (of that type).
* Any enchantment (Mythic or Celestial) that you get from the RCA reclaim will have "(R)" in the name to help you distinguish it more easily from other enchantments. Hopefully this will make it a bit easier to keep track of what's going on as you reclaim, refine, deposit, and then reclaim again.

If you use the Preview server, please try out the system to see if there are any flaws! Beyond, of course, being able to get the enchantments you need for your alts, please also see if there are any exploits. Because the RCA essentially allows you to "dupe" enchantments on your alts, the wiring to prevent actual exploits (where you dupe, refine, switch to an alt, etc., and then somehow wind up with more enchants than you should) is a bit tricky. So any help you all can give to test it out is much appreciated.

My apologies for the fact that the user flow for the Celestial reclaim is so tricky. The structure of the existing store, plus the fact that we really wanted you to be able to upgrade reclaimed Mythics (which you can duplicate using the reclaim store itself!), meant that the overall flow wound up not being as smooth as we'd like. Hopefully, though, being able to get the Celestials onto your alts will make it worth it.

Comments

• havatem#8104 havatem Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Make it Single character claim only.
    1 toon and only 1 toon can be played at a time so no one can complain.
    Said toon trades only character bound enchantment this instantly stop's any exploitation.
    Coding wise the characters marked as main is your entry level.
    Players will fight back saying "i dont main any class" ... It matters not. What matters is the ability to get celestial enchantment without allowing exploitation.

• mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 457 Arc User
    So when you say

** The end result should be the same as for Mythics: any enchantment setup you have on your main (including multiples of certain enchants) can now be obtained for free for each of your alts.

It doesn't sound the same as mythics...
    It doesn't sound like I can choose to play one character with unbound celestial enchantments.
    It doesn't sound like I can choose to play a few characters and pass unbound celestial enchantments between them.

Will it be the same as mythics in the future?

• havatem#8104 havatem Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    It is the same
    Your choice means you cant use celestial i must emphasize "your" choice.
    Your choice above answers here.

Back to point
    Games have rules, these rules we all agree to state the game can introduce new item's. Its t/c dictate how its put into practice.
    Rule says add, t/c says must be account wide access.

Mythic enchantment was designed and intentionally account wide to allow players to play multiple characters. This is the sole reason you could claim character bound after you traded. They stayed unbound to allow swapping before mythic level. Being unbound let a few dictate the price essentially controlling who can and can't. Players leave because the costs involved so account wide became the fix that back fired. Character bound celestial stop's a 20m price tag because a you tuber wrongly states its bis.

The point of the post is to show the company listened to us they're trying to sort it and asked help in preventing cheating.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,150 Arc User

Games have rules, these rules we all agree...

We don't agree. They dictate.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    It still looks the same to me. You still have to upgrade to Celestial on each alt. I see the account unlocks but there is no way to get them right now.
  • taugnedtaugned Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User

Actually the part.

* You hand in a Celestial to the RCA in the usual way to gain the "account unlock".

Only worked for me with the new Divine Aegis enchantment, for all other enchantments it says.

"For any given enchantment type, you cannot have more Celestial unlocks than you have Mystic unlocks"
    Seems this check is not working properly, since i do not have any celestial unlocks on most types and many mystic unlocks.
    Look like unlocks that were made before this change, does not count in.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,394 Arc User
    edited April 2
    @rgutscheradev Please check my following example is correct. Please correct me whatever is wrong. Thanks.

This account has 3 characters, Peter, Paul and Mary. This account has 2 account wide Mythic Garnet.
    Each characters claimed their 2 Mythic Garnet.
    For ease of understanding, I give a name to each Mythic Garnet.

Peter has Mythic_Garnet_R_Peter1 and Mythic_Garnet_R_Peter2.
    Paul has Mythic_Garnet_R_Paul1 and Mythic_Garnet_R_Paul2.
    Mary has Mythic_Garnet_R_Mary1 and Mythic_Garnet_R_Mary2.

Peter upgrade Mythic_Garnet_R_Peter1 to become Celestial_Garnet_C_Peter1.
    I assume this will be character bound (Hence, Celestial_Garnet_C_Peter1). Is it correct?
    I assume I will lose my ability to claim another Mythic_Garnet_R_Peter1 (again) right after the upgrade. Is it correct?

Lets move on. Peter use Celestial_Garnet_C_Peter1 to buy account wide Celestial_Garnet and then claim Celestial_Garnet_R_Peter1.
    Peter cannot claim another Celestial_Garnet because the Mythic_Garnet_Peter2 is not yet upgraded.

Paul can use his Mythic_Garnet_R_Paul1 to claim Celestial_Garnet_R_Paul1 and lose the ability to get Mythic_Garnet_R_Paul1.
    Mary can use her Mythic_Garnet_R_Mary1 to claim Celestial_Garnet_R_Mary1 and lose the ability to get Mythic_Garnet_R_Mary1.

After Peter does the same thing for upgrading Mythic_Garnet_R_Peter2, .... to get Celestial_Garnet_R_Peter2,
    Paul can use his Mythic_Garnet_R_Paul2 to claim Celestial_Garnet_R_Paul2 and lose the ability to get Mythic_Garnet_R_Paul2.
    Mary can use her Mythic_Garnet_R_Mary2 to claim Celestial_Garnet_R_Mary2 and lose the ability to get Mythic_Garnet_R_Mary2.

I understand it will be other upgrade variation/path that we want to understand. I just want to clear the above basic concept so that I can know how it supposes to work before I move forward for other situation. Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Either romeve celestial enchantments or go back to the system you put in for them when mod 28 came out on preview. 90% of the players will never understand how this works now and will be gone.
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    First its clear the system now knows how many mythic enchants you have claimed from the account unlocked

Make so when you make a celestial enchant account wide you REDUCE the number of mythic enchants avaible for for claiming.
    Then when someone want to claim a celestial enchant CHECK both if has enoght celestial unlocked AND if not have more mythic enchants claimed than the limit
  • nbeast#6167 nbeast Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 4
    They're still bound, so you can shove them up your HAMSTER.

With the combat changes, you shot yourself in the foot, and this bound HAMSTER is your end. All we've been looking for is a good old combat and meta from Mod 14. Enjoy the dead game while it lasts, until it eventually shuts down.

Uninstalled forever.

The clown deleted the feedback and the most realistic feelings of the players.

Human stupidity is unpredictable. :)

Post edited by nbeast#6167 on
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 457 Arc User

It is the same
    Your choice means you cant use celestial i must emphasize "your" choice.
    Your choice above answers here.

But it's clearly not the same as mythics... and as you then say, there are more choices with mythics.
    And as you also say, if I can't use celestials in this way and I can use mythics in this way, then they are obviously not the same.

And that is all I was saying...

• werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 4
    Hello, I tried to upgrade several BTC enchantments that were previously reclaimed as account-wide at the reward agent.
    For most of them, after upgrading to celestial, it was not possible to hand them over again to the reward agent to make them account-wide reclaimable: it says that we don't have enough enchantements to do the task, and it doesn't work. It seems the workaround in that case is to have TWO celestial enchantments (or one celestial and one bound mythic) but it should be not be like that.

However, the process went fine for instance with the Companion enchantment: this already reclaimed mythic 'R" enchantment was upgraded to celestial and I was able to claim the celestial BTC "R" version after going through different steps with the reward agent (basically the upgraded celestial disappears but you can claim a new mythic that allows you to claim again a "R" celestial).

it also works without problem if we work from the beginning with a brand new enchantment not yet bound but that we bind.

I don't know if it makes sense because it is too late here and I have been off to bed for too long , arghhhhh.........
    Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    Design level comment: Having to 'buy' the celestial with a mythic seems clunky, but I see the need to avoid a two-for-one situation. The alternative would be to require manual deletion of a mythic before celestial purchase, and that is a worse option.

Implementation errors:
    * I upgraded one Garnet. After upgrade the selection of Mythicals I have available is missing a lot. What I see is

(I did not check how this looked before I upgraded however)

* I spent one Garnet to make the Celestial, and then another to buy it back after unlocking. That left me with two Mythicals down for one Garnet gained. It will not allow me to buy back the missing Garnet.

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I see what they are saying. It seems logical.

Correct me if I am wrong.

My Wizard and Ranger each have a Mythic they received from the RCA (that originated from an unbound enchantment that I promoted to mythic).

Wizard takes her Mythic and promotes it to Celestial and turns in it at the RCA and receives a Celestial back.

Ranger gives up her Mythic (that she received from the RCA). In exchange for that Mythic she receives the shiny new Celestial (that is of course bound).

Correct?

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    When I first tried the exchange on preview, I brought in my Barb main and cleric alt (all 11 of my characters have reclaimed mythics from the exchange for all of their enchants) I upgraded all the mythics to celestial on my Barb but 5 I could not claim. I didn't know why till i copied them back in and found that those five 2 garnets and 1 cobalt plus the weapon and companion enchant did not have the little "R" on them. That was a week or so ago the other day I copied my Tank over and all his enchants had the little "R" on them. Just don't know why the first two didn't have it on all their enchants.

When I first tried the exchange on preview, I brought in my Barb main and cleric alt (all 11 of my characters have reclaimed mythics from the exchange for all of their enchants) I upgraded all the mythics to celestial on my Barb but 5 I could not claim. I didn't know why till i copied them back in and found that those five 2 garnets and 1 cobalt plus the weapon and companion enchant did not have the little "R" on them. That was a week or so ago the other day I copied my Tank over and all his enchants had the little "R" on them. Just don't know why the first two didn't have it on all their enchants.

Most likely, it is because your first 2 characters were copied to preview before 'R" was introduced.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 73 Arc User

Most likely, it is because your first 2 characters were copied to preview before 'R" was introduced.
    Hope it is that simple.

• adakite#6555 adakite Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Why dont you just make it like every other upgrade? The enchant keeps the same binding status it had before the upgrade.

You've made up this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-show of a process with all these hoops we have to jump through, just so you can force everyone to bind their enchants to account.

Why do you hate the players of your game so much?
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer

Design level comment: Having to 'buy' the celestial with a mythic seems clunky, but I see the need to avoid a two-for-one situation. The alternative would be to require manual deletion of a mythic before celestial purchase, and that is a worse option.

Yes, this is exactly it. I went through the same thought process, and decided as you did that the "buy", although awkward, was better than requiring the manual deletion.
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer

Why dont you just make it like every other upgrade? The enchant keeps the same binding status it had before the upgrade.

You've made up this HAMSTER-show of a process with all these hoops we have to jump through, just so you can force everyone to bind their enchants to account.

The problem was it would be difficult, if not impossible, to allow both unbound and bound to be upgraded, and also redeemed from the RCA, on separate tracks. And we were afraid that some people might upgrade an unbound Mythic, and then feel they'd made a big mistake afterwards (since most people would probably be better off turning in the Mythic for an account unlock).

But having just the unbound ones be upgradable would be really bad. Lots of people have turned in their Mythics for account-unlocked Mythics, and making those people grind up new unbound Mythics would be really punishing. Asking people who have unbound Mythics to turn them in for account unlocks is much, much less painful.

So if we could just do one, it made more sense to do the bound (account unlocked) ones.

I see what they are saying. It seems logical.

Correct me if I am wrong.

My Wizard and Ranger each have a Mythic they received from the RCA (that originated from an unbound enchantment that I promoted to mythic).

Wizard takes her Mythic and promotes it to Celestial and turns in it at the RCA and receives a Celestial back.

Ranger gives up her Mythic (that she received from the RCA). In exchange for that Mythic she receives the shiny new Celestial (that is of course bound).

Correct?

Almost exactly right. There's one additional step: your Wizard will have to grab a (free) Mythic from the RCA before getting back her RCA Celestial, because 1 Mythic is the price of withdrawing a Celestial. No extra cost, just a few extra clicks. That's the "clunky buy a Celestial with a Mythic" that mentinmindmaker was referring to above.
  • darkwolf#2736 darkwolf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have a question about the new combat enchantment divine aegis and i do not no if any no's this let but it seem to not be procing at all with the bards healing songs and i was thanking that cant be right because that's how the class works and heals is by it's songs . But the enchantment is not working with the bards healing songs at all and only works with the daily curtain call and at will arpeggio. Y make it work more for all the other healer classes but pass the bard healer over . As i sayed or am saying if any dives see this can you guys look into maybe fixing the new divine aegis enchantment to work with the bards healing songs as well. Thk for hereing me out . Hope some vfc one see's this be4 the mod goes live .
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    On my main character, I upgraded 4 enchants from mythic to celestial and then turned them in to be account wide but now my main can't reclaim them but 6 of my 8 characters can claim the celestial enchants. Why can't my main or my newest character (created half a year ago) claim the celestial enchants? The celestials I turned in to be account wide now shows as claimable mythics for my main... I can't make any sense out of what is happened
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
    edited April 28

On my main character, I upgraded 4 enchants from mythic to celestial and then turned them in to be account wide but now my main can't reclaim them but 6 of my 8 characters can claim the celestial enchants. Why can't my main or my newest character (created half a year ago) claim the celestial enchants? The celestials I turned in to be account wide now shows as claimable mythics for my main... I can't make any sense out of what is happened

Short answer: To get Celestial (R), you need to have a Mythic (R) in your possession.

You go to claim agent to get the mythic one and then use the mythic one to get the celestial one.

Longer answer:

You do not have a mythic one when you try to claim the celestial one for your main character (because you upgraded the original mythic one to celestial to get celestial unlock). Your main character's original mythic (R) was 'spent'.

Your other character has that mythic one in their possession. Hence, for your main character, you need to claim that Mythic (R) back to exchange for the Celestial (R).

Your newest also does not have the mythic (R) in its possession. Your newest character needs to claim the mythic (R) from the claim agent.
  • lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 31

You've made up this HAMSTER-show of a process with all these hoops we have to jump through, just so you can force everyone to bind their enchants to account.

The problem was it would be difficult, if not impossible, to allow both unbound and bound to be upgraded, and also redeemed from the RCA, on separate tracks. And we were afraid that some people might upgrade an unbound Mythic, and then feel they'd made a big mistake afterwards (since most people would probably be better off turning in the Mythic for an account unlock).

But having just the unbound ones be upgradable would be really bad. Lots of people have turned in their Mythics for account-unlocked Mythics, and making those people grind up new unbound Mythics would be really punishing. Asking people who have unbound Mythics to turn them in for account unlocks is much, much less painful.

So if we could just do one, it made more sense to do the bound (account unlocked) ones.

People who don't bind their mythics, won't need to bind their celestials. So only make it bindable at mythic. And once you upgrade an unbound mythic to celestial, you can't bind it. That should make a few people happy. Not everyone wants bound enchantments. Not everyone has multiple characters. I only play one character, so I'll stick with unbound enchantments.