test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon difficulty reports

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Greetings! We are looking into the difficulty level in Demo, CN, Tiamat, and ToNG. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to review additional reports that come in!
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Basically every instance in RIQ is undoable due to broken scaling. Everything's hitting 100k+ even on 21k ilvl players. It's untankable too, 1 trash mob hit is stripping block and still doing 20-40k damage.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    drumon88 said:

Basically every instance in RIQ is undoable due to broken scaling. Everything's hitting 100k+ even on 21k ilvl players. It's untankable too, 1 trash mob hit is stripping block and still doing 20-40k damage.

what he said, malabogs couldn't even go pass 1/2 nd group of mobs, elol first boss 1 shots people, 2nd is also 1 shotting pople but due to the meteors or whatever that is and i think i died 21 times at ndemo

• neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    demogorgon seems very broken too
  • irishchick3309irishchick3309 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    isaintify1 how did you guys get past the portals before 1st boss in cn as dps in my group couldn't solo and the rest of the team couldn't enter the portal to help? Only dungeon that I have been able to complete was etos, and 5kad for a half hours work is a joke! We can't upgrade or do anything atm. Scaling needs fixed a.s.ap.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    An alliance member was telling me last night that Master of the Hunt was also impossible. Apparently it was just one party wipe after another.

Way to go devs, you really turned those dials just right. (Yes, this is sarcasm and well-deserved considering the mountains of warnings from players on the feedback threads)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    hustin1 said:

An alliance member was telling me last night that Master of the Hunt was also impossible. Apparently it was just one party wipe after another.

Way to go devs, you really turned those dials just right. (Yes, this is sarcasm and well-deserved considering the mountains of warnings from players on the feedback threads)

Master of the Hunt is doable, but not right. Especially since it's a skirmish and there's no guarantee you'll get either a tank or heals.

I go in there as a barb tank (80, tested between 19k and 21k ilvl) and we're generally fine until the boss, who promptly 3-shots me. As a lvl 80 tank that's defense and deflection capped in 80 content. And my ONLY self-heal (bloodletter) is healing me for a whopping 3k because of scaling.
  • richtayls#5929 richtayls Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I’m so glad I play on console, PC players rely on preview to highlight problems but it seems they are just ignored until players on live start saying WTF too.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    drumon88 said:

And my ONLY self-heal (bloodletter) is healing me for a whopping 3k because of scaling.

It's funny, because if you upgrade it with a feat it becomes damaging you instead and combined with Removal of heals from companions it's a HAMSTER :)

• armagus02armagus02 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Scaling in dungeons is awful.

Manycoins Bank Heist
    Malabogs Castle
    Lair of Lostmauth
    Prophecy of Madness
    Castle Ravenloft
    Demogorgon

Just to name my own experiences where it was horrible. Not being able to complete dungeons/skirmishes/raids is sooo bad that it's overshadowing the class changes. It's all my guild has been talking about since yesterday. We queued for castle never, it took 45min to complete, and I got rewarded with a measly 5k rough astral diamonds. I just can't...
  • andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Sounds like it's not just dungeons but the whole game! Can't you just do a system restore like a pc can to back back a month and cancel this whole mod?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

Sounds like it's not just dungeons but the whole game! Can't you just do a system restore like a pc can to back back a month and cancel this whole mod?

That would require swallowing some pride. When Mod 6 caused the loss of roughly half the playerbase, it wasn't until Mod 8 that we saw the tiniest glimmer of relief in the form of Drowned weapons.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

drumon88 said:

And my ONLY self-heal (bloodletter) is healing me for a whopping 3k because of scaling.

It's funny, because if you upgrade it with a feat it becomes damaging you instead and combined with Removal of heals from companions it's a HAMSTER :)

Tank barb doesn't get that feat choice, but yeah on dps barb it can hurt quite a bit on a good crit. At least they downtuned the self-damage from first iteration on test where you could 1-shot yourself on a crit.