test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maze Engine Preview Patch Notes: NW.62.20160523a.3

2»

Comments

• kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'd planned on spending some money, depending on what kind of sale was coming up, but that's now cancelled. I'll suck it up, deactivate a couple of alts, sell the enchants/weapon enchants to raise the funds. No cash from me.

With the companions not having any real disadvantage (and yes, I do have a bell for each of my mains) & giving useful buffs & skills, there will no point to buying or leveling/upgrading augments. Getting 2.85 * 10k stats from the companion (it's not carrying r12, obviously, yet) is a no brainer. Plus some of the active skills on the companions are very nice, more than enough compensation for them dying occasionally.

• szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Its even more if 10k if you slot 3x sudden/brutality ring. Even with cooldown respected many people would use bonding pets. But now they make auguments obsolete when bonding has no cd. Just GG cryptic, again.
    200_s.gif
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    Well I am pretty happy with the bonding change. Now people an pick whatever pet they want to be summoned and not have to worry about the hugely overpriced ones that attacked fastest.

Those who have been around awhile remember when all companions were worthless because Augments were so much better for every class all of the time.

You are gonna see alot more dogs/wolfs running around I bet.

Good job devs!
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    lwedar said:

Well I am pretty happy with the bonding change. Now people an pick whatever pet they want to be summoned and not have to worry about the hugely overpriced ones that attacked fastest.

Those who have been around awhile remember when all companions were worthless because Augments were so much better for every class all of the time.

You are gonna see alot more dogs/wolfs running around I bet.

Good job devs!

Thing is blink dog had space too, coz his bonus CA was not shabby while augument brought just stats. Augument active bonus was just too poor to take slot. Is ths some kind of revenge? Because its not balance, for sure. All pets should have their usage as summoned. Lets say demon, who deal alot dmg compared to other pets, and even, if you check ACT results during zerg he can even deal more damage than some support players. Lets take revenge on people outdpsed by demon, autokick them from instances!
    If there is cooldown then it should be respected, doesnt matter if it comes from zenmarket or from heaven.
    200_s.gif
  • rondy44rondy44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    "Oathbound Paladin: Oath of Protection no longer impacts server performance. As a side effect of this change, it is now slightly easier to hit the cap from this passive power when receiving very small amounts of damage."

Another hidden bug since mod 6? Can you explain more about this one.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

terramak said:

scathias said:

Bonding stack durations are refreshed instead of correctly counting down to 0 and falling off. I have linked the bug report here Terramak, I know you are busy but it won't take you long to check this out and either confirm it is a critical bug or tell us if it is intended. Thank you

I believe it's intended for the time being. I know there's a lot of discussion about the change and whether they're overpowered in their state post-patch, but the intent of the fix for this module was to address the obviously-overpowered stat spikes and smooth out the gameplay a bit. We can review the runestones further going forward. Thank you (and many others) for providing feedback on this change!
    That seems kind of bonkers overpowered to me. Even with them overstacking, the spikes were somewhat balanced with times when no stacks would be up at all. Having bonding runes provide a stronger but inconsistent buff made them distinct from augments which would provide a weaker but reliable buff.

If the intended change is to have the bonding buff active 100% of the time (in combat, but seriously, it's pretty irrelevant at any other time), then augments truly do not have a place any more except as a budget option for someone who can't afford to get bonding runes. And Cryptic has sunk a veritable ton of dev time into making cooler augments recently. Seems like a real shame to not have any solid reasoning to want them summoned.
    Agreed. Why waste all that time on creating new super cute augments when they will be utterly and completely sub-par when the Bonding change comes into affect? @terramak Bondings need an ICD or it will be the most OP item ever seen in this game.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    lirithiel said:

terramak said:

scathias said:

Bonding stack durations are refreshed instead of correctly counting down to 0 and falling off. I have linked the bug report here Terramak, I know you are busy but it won't take you long to check this out and either confirm it is a critical bug or tell us if it is intended. Thank you

I believe it's intended for the time being. I know there's a lot of discussion about the change and whether they're overpowered in their state post-patch, but the intent of the fix for this module was to address the obviously-overpowered stat spikes and smooth out the gameplay a bit. We can review the runestones further going forward. Thank you (and many others) for providing feedback on this change!
    That seems kind of bonkers overpowered to me. Even with them overstacking, the spikes were somewhat balanced with times when no stacks would be up at all. Having bonding runes provide a stronger but inconsistent buff made them distinct from augments which would provide a weaker but reliable buff.

If the intended change is to have the bonding buff active 100% of the time (in combat, but seriously, it's pretty irrelevant at any other time), then augments truly do not have a place any more except as a budget option for someone who can't afford to get bonding runes. And Cryptic has sunk a veritable ton of dev time into making cooler augments recently. Seems like a real shame to not have any solid reasoning to want them summoned.
    Agreed. Why waste all that time on creating new super cute augments when they will be utterly and completely sub-par when the Bonding change comes into affect? @terramak Bondings need an ICD or it will be the most OP item ever seen in this game.
    Augments already are subpar ...

Most people took the new life companions for their active bonuses anyways. I thought it was pretty clear they gave them strong active bonuses that would make them worth using even if you weren't summoning them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The orginal intent of bondings were 20 second up time with 10 second cooldown (20 seconds active out of 30 seconds). So a set of 3 rank 12 should average out to 190% stats.

That is what they should set the amount too, and only have the bonus work WHEN THE COMPANION IS ALIVE. Next, change legendary level Augments to 190% all the time.

Now you actually have a choice. A riskier version that can apply attack and trigger Protector's Comrodery and possibly apply debuffs etc.....or a nice safe always on augment

Edit: on second thought, Protector's Comrodery has to be removed from the game. Just that alone will make augments useless...too powerful
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    The change to Bondings has nothing to do with balancing, but making the system more stagnant to be able to judge it properly. I honestly doubt Cryptic has any clue at this point what the system should be able to provide or how they are going to balance it. In fact, all changes to the companion system have been hot fixes that tried to make more companions viable, but failed.

First there were only Augments. Then Bondings were designed to make any companion competitive in the active slot, but only the fastest hitters established themselves. Now all companions except Augments are viable.

Someone at some point has to sit down and completely overhaul the system. You could go by burst vs. a constant buff like @thefabricant mentioned or reduce Augment costs across the board and make them a true budget option. The easiest way of course would be merging the systems and just run with Bondings.​​
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    urabask said:

lirithiel said:

terramak said:

scathias said:

Most people took the new life companions for their active bonuses anyways. I thought it was pretty clear they gave them strong active bonuses that would make them worth using even if you weren't summoning them.
    What we're saying is what's the fronking point of making it an adorable widdle baby owlbear with a cute animation sequence and not a boring orbiting orb if it's never actually going to be seen? Why a goat that frolics and faints, why a quasit that hammers at its summoning prison, why a baby bulette that chases its tail?

Just a stupid waste of resources, if they're doing this.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

urabask said:

lirithiel said:

terramak said:

scathias said:

What we're saying is what's the fronking point of making it an adorable widdle baby owlbear with a cute animation sequence and not a boring orbiting orb if it's never actually going to be seen? Why a goat that frolics and faints, why a quasit that hammers at its summoning prison, why a baby bulette that chases its tail?

Just a stupid waste of resources, if they're doing this.
    The aesthetics are there for the special cupcakes that care more about that than stats. You really dont need bonding runestones to burn through the current content anyways.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Whats this about power points? We will now be able to purchase and "craft" power points as an alternative to flipping a level and praying to RNGesus for a power point?

Am I correct in the "power point" = spells?
  • hiperion16hiperion16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    Masterwork Profession nodes (from Explorer's Charts) are no longer exploitable during the Double Profession Resources event.

OK..Does this mean that you can no longer get 2x(4x with boon) the drops during the event @terramak ?

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    @terramak @strumslinger

FYI, I just tested whether the accept button works on preview and, no, it does not work.

Here's a vidcap of it in action: http://screencast.com/t/nVB1SIZl

I hope to sweet RNGesus this doesn't happen on Live in 2 hours.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User

Masterwork Profession nodes (from Explorer's Charts) are no longer exploitable during the Double Profession Resources event.

OK..Does this mean that you can no longer get 2x(4x with boon) the drops during the event @terramak ?

Hi,

Good question from hiperion16,
    @terramak, could you detail this point please?

thanks,
    Brewald
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    ribbs1 said:

You keep changing the rules because you haven't put the theory through enough testing, leaving the players to do all of the heavy lifting and risk taking.

Much as I agree with your points in general, I'll say that there really is not much "risk taking" with bondings. If they took companion's gift out of the game completely, bondings would still be BIS compared to any other runestone, simply because of the additional stats they offer compared to the rest.

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Can't give too many deets regarding the MW Profs nodes, but players will still properly get 2x (4x w/ boon) during 2x Profession Resources events.
This discussion has been closed.