test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150722a.4

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer

Classes and Balance
  • Oathbound Paladin: Divine Touch is no longer considered a personal shield, this was unintentional. Known Issue: When the amount of damage resisted by Paladin's Divine Touch exceeds the amount of incoming damage, the Paladin may be healed for 1 health instead of taking 0 damage.
  • Strongholds: Injury Resistance of Temple Rank 3 boon to Revive Sickness. This boon reduces the amount of time that Revive Sickness lasts by 30 seconds per rank of Temple above 2. Rank 3 Temples 4:30 all the way to Rank 10 Temples 1:00.

Content and Environment
  • Added a Maiden statue to the Maiden Lane.
  • Challenge quest enemies will now properly leash after a reasonable distance and will no longer follow you compulsively all the way back to the Stronghold.
  • Challenge: Stormcaller Balhom quest will now reward heroic shards of power.
  • Improved the names, descriptions, and benefits of structures, plots, and footprints to make structures more consistently worded
  • Plots within Plots This racial quest can now be completed again.
  • Removed all Relics/Research/Supply rewards. Anything that previously gave these rewards now gives out Influence and at a higher rate."
  • Resolved an issue with not being able to collect rewards from races. Please notify us if this issue persists in some cases.
  • Stronghold audio now changes depending on progress.
  • Stronghold daily quests are no longer shareable to other players and can be picked up again if they are dropped.
  • Stronghold enemy patrols are a little more forgiving and no longer check up on other enemy camps as directly.
  • Temple of the Spider: Lord Jevahn Jhavlar is no longer inclined to take a dip in the water. He now accepts the fact that his swim skill is 0.

Enemies
  • Blue dragon's Thunderspike attack now only hits players who are in combat.
  • Dragon breath FX now better align with the areas they actually hit.
  • Hill Giants are now more slobby, greasy and fat.

Items and Economy
  • Enchantments: Negation: Resolved an issue wherein Transcendent and Pure Negation enchantment did not increase recovery or incoming healing as indicated.
  • Greatly reduced the chances of level 69 items dropping for a level 70 player.
  • Mounts can now be used at level 4 after completing the Sleeping Dragon Bridge tutorial.
  • Preview Debugging:There is a new debug NPC located directly next to the guild coffer on guild stronghold maps. By speaking to her you will be able to purchase vouchers, guild marks, and other stronghold related rewards that should assist in the testing of strongholds content. Neither this NPC or the items she sells will be available on LIVE. This NPC is only to assist in testing.

User Interface
  • Companion Idle slots can now be purchased up to 200.
  • Dungeon quests listed in the Journal will no longer display the rewards for completing the dungeon.
  • Gateway now has better messaging for Leadership being disabled.
  • Golden Path for quests is now more reliable, especially in cases where there is nearby horizontal environment changes such as ledges, overhangs and cliffs.
  • Queues: There is now better messaging when the queue is looking for additional players.
  • Removed requirement for gathering your party when moving to a Guild Stronghold map.
  • Vote Kick: This can now be effectively used in normal dungeons with only 3 players.
Vote Kick: Vote Kicks are not allowed when items of Rare quality or greater are on the ground.

Comments

• rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    [*] Temple of the Spider: Lord Jevahn Jhavlar is no longer inclined to take a dip in the water. He now accepts the fact that his swim skill is 0.

*chuckles*

Now please tell me you fixed eCC so it can no longer be abused and you'll get a golden star~

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Can't donate to the Mimic and you forgot to remove Relics from the ingredients needed for upgrades.

Our mimic is full...disregard that part.
    edited July 2015
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    valwryn wrote: »
    Metal and Stone resource donations are Max'd at 1

We had a local fix for this that it looks like was not caught in time for our preview build, we are investigating the issue, Panderus should be able to illuminate the situation once the investigation is complete.

In the meantime, you should still be able to use the newly placed debug NPC next to the coffer to purchase heroic encounter rewards and currencies redeemable for rewards if your stronghold already had a marketplace.
  • zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Well, it's not just Metal and Stone in my experience, but every single resource. I'm sure that you noticed that, but just in case, I do want to bring it up.
  • abspabsp Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    • Preview Debugging:There is a new debug NPC located directly next to the guild coffer on guild stronghold maps.
    Any chance to see this NPC and free retraining token on Lurker server?

Also Shard of power Vouchers or increased their number in the quest rewards would be more useful...
  • bdziecbdziec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Coffer maxes all have been reduced to 1. Plz fix soon :)
    50 is max for dragon flight fangs
    zetahatate wrote: »
    Well, it's not just Metal and Stone in my experience, but every single resource. I'm sure that you noticed that, but just in case, I do want to bring it up.

We're aware that the issue is affecting all coffer caps, thank you for reporting this.
    bdziec wrote: »
    50 is max for dragon flight fangs

That cap is intentional.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    My current plan is to get an updated build to resolve a few of the more critical issues late afternoon on Monday if possible.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    My current plan is to get an updated build to resolve a few of the more critical issues late afternoon on Monday if possible.

Cool. Let us know if there's anything else we can do.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    So happy now. My lowbies will no longer have to run around like scrubs without a mount. It feels like we were being punished for being lowbies.lol

Aww.. come on.. it built character!
    header.png
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    Vote Kick: Vote Kicks are not allowed when items of Rare quality or greater are on the ground.

One doesnt not simply find this amusing.

@panderus ... it seems everything is "doubled up" in the De'bug Sto'Re... At the risk of seeming ungrateful, it would be greatly beneficial to replace duplicates with Adventurer's Shards.. that's been our hold up so far.

2mt1WkT.jpg
    header.png
    I went up to the NPC next to the Mimic and pressed the "F" key.
    header.png
    There's a glitch.. the fix didn't make it into the patch: the coffer can now hold a max of just 1 of each thing.

Scroll up and read through the thread.
    header.png
    edited August 2015
    I open'd up 200 Special HE boxes..........got 50 Heroics Shards on the 1st one and then only RPs and enchantments the rest (some rings). We need Heroics, Adventurer, and Dungeoneering Shards. No Reward chests or vouchers give them .
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ok somethings broke I cannot donate anything

You're really good at talking but not good at listening, eh?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    "Made giants grosser" - epic

"Mounts unlocked after tutorial" - whoa. dude.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I open'd up 200 Special HE boxes..........got 50 Heroics Shards on the 1st one and then only RPs and enchantments the rest (some rings). We need Heroics, Adventurer, and Dungeoneering Shards. No Reward chests or vouchers give them .

This was an oversight, I will see if we can't get those into the debut store on the same build next week that fixes the coffer caps.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    rinat114 wrote: »
    [*] Temple of the Spider: Lord Jevahn Jhavlar is no longer inclined to take a dip in the water. He now accepts the fact that his swim skill is 0.

*chuckles*

Now please tell me you fixed eCC so it can no longer be abused and you'll get a golden star~

Or lower Traven's HP so it doesn't exceed the total dungeon running time to kill him. With the way it is today, I'd like to see a contest: "how quickly can you melt Traven?" Can anyone do it in under half an hour? Color me skeptical.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Hooray for the negation change! Now please fix eCC.
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    Panderus, please confirm the following CW feats have been fixed:

- Fanning the Flame does not activate the bonus of Elemental Reinforcement.
    - Icy Rays / Ray of enfeeblement are not affected by Spell Twisting when placed in the Spell Mastery (TAB).
    While you're at it.....can ya remove the structures construction time. With launch date coming soon....we can test most of everything faster if you remove this......just for the Preview. ;)
  • adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    panderus wrote:
    Strongholds: Injury Resistance of Temple Rank 3 boon to Revive Sickness. This boon reduces the amount of time that Revive Sickness lasts by 30 seconds per rank of Temple above 2. Rank 3 Temples 4:30 all the way to Rank 10 Temples 1:00.
    Didn't the sickness use to revive after 3 minutes? So 4:30 is longer than before.

• mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    While you're at it.....can ya remove the structures construction time. With launch date coming soon....we can test most of everything faster if you remove this......just for the Preview. ;)

Exactly what I was thinking. Time for "testing" is running out so getting all the mats we need to build this stuff in a more timely fashion is a must. Please reduce all requirements to needing only 1 of everything, with like 30s construction time.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
    metalldjt wrote: »
    panderus, the amount of recovery that we get from negation its broken !
    you should take a look at it, it gives too much

Thanks for reporting this, it will be fixed for launch.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    Currently I plan to have a small update to the Preview server tomorrow afternoon to address stronghold coffer sizes and add shards of power to the testing store.
    Currently I plan to have a small update to the Preview server tomorrow afternoon to address stronghold coffer sizes and add shards of power to the testing store.

Cool, thank you!
    header.png
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    asterdahl wrote: »
    panderus, the amount of recovery that we get from negation its broken !
    you should take a look at it, it gives too much

Thanks for reporting this, it will be fixed for launch.

also if you are there make a uptime of 20s on broonzewood at transcendet level , and put a 0.5s internel cooldown on the thorned roots from the HRs, it multi proccs on targets that are cc immune or have elven battle.

I agree a 20 sec uptime would be very appealing. Even just a 15 sec uptime would make this enchant go from <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (where it is now) to a much more meaningful enchant.

People dont like it because of the downtime of the enchant.
This discussion has been closed.