test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: First Look at Strongholds

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2015 in News & Announcements
Greetings adventurers,

Here's your first look at Neverwinter: Strongholds from Staff Content Designer, Sean "Commander Ander" McCann.

http://bit.ly/1QtB00E

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All guilds will have their own Stronghold “adventure zone”.

That sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it hit preview soon...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I do sincerely hope that "boons for members of the guild" are something that is in effect only for Strongholds content and/or nothing so significant as to make them must-haves.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How "soon" is "soon"?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I do sincerely hope that "boons for members of the guild" are something that is in effect only for Strongholds content and/or nothing so significant as to make them must-haves.

Pretty much this.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Really looking forward to seeing this!
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I havent been in a active guild since mod 3 came and went, sadly many guilds are the like the ones Ive been in.

I suppose its time to start asking around probably.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    How "soon" is "soon"?

How to you attack other guilds' strongholds?!?! Thats what I really wanna know!
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    How to you attack other guilds' strongholds?!?! Thats what I really wanna know!

You cant this is PVE game so called dungeon and dragons NWO.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They already said that there would be an opt-in PvP component.

Opt-in, not mandatory.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It even says in the blog that it has pvp
    or getting that last resource from a dungeon to upgrade your Archer Tower in PvP
    so by the sounds of it you will be able to have npc's or offensive structures who will fight alongside the players to defend the stronghold.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    We're starting our weekly push of Stronghold content with this dev blog, so expect information to roll in from now on including dev streams!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    new dungeon please ! ! ! lowered rp drop ice ... bad limited dungeon rare drop not fair .
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please don't let this be "artifact strongholds" My head will explode
  • miranda#3416 miranda Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When will we be able to check out this content on the preview server? I'm VERY excited to see what's in store for us in this new expansion!
  • adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please make sure that this content is something that EVERYONE can (with a little effort) benefit from. I.E. That includes small, non-ubber geared guilds. Not just elite-BiS-REQUIRED-500-man guilds. Thank you.

Oh, and please, PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP: take your time. I think the one thing the entire community can agree on is that we DON'T want another mod like 6 that takes you guys months (if ever) to work all of the bugs out of. Again, thank you.

P.S. An adventure zone that ONLY the members of your guild can be in? This sounds like the most promising part of the mod so far. Cheers.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They already said that there would be an opt-in PvP component.

Opt-in, not mandatory.

I'm hoping that a PvP event spawns a temporary copy of guild strongholds so that guilds don't lose what they worked so hard to achieve. Otherwise I predict a crash and burn.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I cant wait!! Please let us have sitting emotes and be able to sit at a giant table with our guildies!!
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • catbox01catbox01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While I agree that strongholds need to be added, I have to say that virtually every mechanical part of this game is exactly like STO (Star Trek Online). Instead of Strongholds, STO has asteroid mining facilities, starbases, and some sort of embassy thing. The problem is the balance of cards specifically intended to upgrade the structures, versus the other material requirements. On STO, it's completely screwed up. I see the same exact thing happening here, because the same people/engine/game structure is in place. Those strongholds are likely to be resource sinks, which will almost certainly require heavy purchases of Zen to cover. A little profiteering is fine, but I've seen STO really annoy paying customers by the extent of the greed. Welcome to the business model; can we take your wallet? How about a limb? First born, anyone?
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mod7 has potential. I'll wait to see more of it on Preview before getting excited (or not).
    And I've never felt like I should join a guild on NWO, this could change.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • serash1serash1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The whole idea is awesome! We have people flocking back to the game trying to get geared up before Strongholds come out. That being said, anyone need a guild check out Neverguild! Casually kicking serious butt.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I foresee large guilds having fully built strongholds within a week -- and those of us in less than 4-5 player guilds will be able to afford a dirt berm after a year of grinding. woohoo. awesomesauce. can't wait.
  • adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    I foresee large guilds having fully built strongholds within a week -- and those of us in less than 4-5 player guilds will be able to afford a dirt berm after a year of grinding. woohoo. awesomesauce. can't wait.

Pretty much this. Like he said, this is likely going to be geared for large guilds with nearly unlimited man/grind power, and or nearly unlimited (wallet) resources.

I hope the devs prove me wrong. But, in all seriousness, and without an ounce of irony or spite, with the possible exception of mods 1 & 2, the dev's laziness and the greed of their corporate masters, have yet to "let down my expectations." :p

At the VERY least, I hope there are ways for single players, that aren't on commonly when the rest of the guild is, to contribute even to the highest end goals; even if it is in small ways. On a side note, this could be an interesting way to make all of those lower end profession resources that are in the game be worth something other than vendor trash.

Just my .02 AD.

Peace.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    look like are we getting a new crafters "Carpenters and Stonemasons"?

local hostile mobs around strongholds, seem that is part of daily missions to kill the bandits.

also, possible a new spell, guild recall, as teleport spell.

as noted to all players, strongholds could be base on Star Trek's starbase theme model, i am sure it wont be a week or in few days, it base on timed tasks and amounts of items, crafting materials, or even donate extra crafters invested. doesnt matter how large or small guilds. it is what amount per day limited and waiting time just like we have professions, these all take times until it open for next donations and then another timer.
    5th tier take longest time, it required several things and may have to use alot of crafters to give up, or even possible giving up some unwanted or extra companions that we dont use, they become part of stronghold sentinels, or watchmen.

for daily mission, we may get "patrol duty".
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by iambecks1 View Post

How "soon" is "soon"?
    My prediction is today for the first iteration...

LOL, that a line from Danny Devito from Romancing The Stones movie.