Comments

• Options
    alexsarrufalexsarruf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Let me guess...

1- Join a guild
    2- Donate all kind of resources for Stronghold projects
    3- Get "Strongholds seals" for donating to projects
    4- Buy "stuff" with your "Strongholds seals".

Am i close? :P
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd really like to see the individual Guild instances have:

1. Mailbox
    2. Auction House
    3. Vendor
    4. Salvage
    5. Parts of the Stronghold that can be decorated, or designed, by the actually Guild members... Including furniture, art, trophies, etc.

Just some ideas/wishes! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    My prediction is today for the first iteration...

It's on the preview server today?

a release on the Preview shard soon!
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    alex, yes or could be very close.
    we dont know what items will be producting and selling to players when the shops are completed, wont be same stuffs.
    i think all the items from strongholds will be "bounded" on pick up
  • Options
    adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd really like to see the individual Guild instances have:

1. Mailbox
    2. Auction House
    3. Vendor(s)
    4. Salvage
    5. Parts of the Stronghold that can be decorated, or designed, by the actually Guild members... Including furniture, art, trophies, etc.

Just some ideas/wishes! :cool:

This. If you are going to bother with a Stronghold at all, it has to be somewhere the guild and everyone in it can "live". I.E. No need to go anywhere else unless it is with purpose for gameplay.

So, add to this list a:

6. Bank access
    7. Guild Bank Access (of course)

and you'll be good. It really is high time we have a "one zone fits all needs" place that ISN'T Protector's Enclave. And the time couldn't be more perfect than with the introduction of the Stronghold.

Thanks in advance.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sabre10 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to seeing this!

Yes Velvet... this is getting me jazzed.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    alexsarruf wrote: »
    Let me guess...

1- Join a guild
    2- Donate all kind of resources for Stronghold projects
    3- Get "Strongholds seals" for donating to projects
    4- Buy "stuff" with your "Strongholds seals".

Am i close? :P

Generic STO clone, Starbases - Strongholds... Seals or whatever resource they come up with - Dilithium... Originality factor Nil.

Spot on.
  • Options
    jason0parkerjason0parker Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Greetings adventurers,

Here's your first look at Neverwinter: Strongholds from Staff Content Designer, Sean "Commander Ander" McCann.

http://bit.ly/1QtB00E

i dont pvp nor does my guild. how will this PVPing effect me and my guild? if this a PVP based MOD i will no longer play nor will my guild. we enjoy playing but we are not pay to win or pay to play. we have all put some money into the game yes but we dont pay for the BEST of the BEST items. we buy a few keys a new mount things like that but my guild is not PVP by any means.nor will ever be...
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i dont pvp nor does my guild. how will this PVPing effect me and my guild? if this a PVP based MOD i will no longer play nor will my guild. we enjoy playing but we are not pay to win or pay to play. we have all put some money into the game yes but we dont pay for the BEST of the BEST items. we buy a few keys a new mount things like that but my guild is not PVP by any means.nor will ever be...

You can opt out of the pvp part if you want and just play the pve portion , one of the devs confirmed that somewhere but I cba finding the post.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please make sure ALL of the content in the Guild area can be done by characters of ANY level. If the Guild area turns into another elite-BiS-required-ramped-up-difficulty-for-no-reason-group-required-to-do-dailies-level-73-mob-zone like IWD and WoD I think my head will explode. Yeah, 73s in WoD and IWD daily zones, worst content move ever in this game. Please don't repeat it with the new Stronghold area. My guild of over 30+ is down to 6+ on a good day, largely because of what was done with mod 6 and the level 73 daily content. So yeah, again, please don't repeat that kind of "content development". Ever.

Please, make Strongholds SHINE and be VERY rewarding to play; and I just MIGHT be able to talk some of my guild back into the game.

Oh, and like many others in here have suggested, the PvP aspect needs to be TOTALLY optional; or you might as well not even bother with the mod. After all, PnP D&D (which this game was inspired by and stems from) was never, and will never be a: "lets all sit down at a table together and let our characters try to kill each other."

Nothing against people that like to PvP in an MMO. I have done some of it myself when in the mood. But, there are those that hate it; and the fact that many character "balances" have been coming into the game lately purely with PvP in mind; regardless of what they do to class PvE builds or playability.

Just my .02 AD.

Best Regards.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I realize that Strongholds will be a guild-centric update, but please do consider adding some ability to either form alliances between multiple guilds, or to allow players to invite people from other guilds, to participate in their guild-related events.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    mattock13 wrote: »
    adent086 wrote: »
    Please make sure that this content is something that EVERYONE can (with a little effort) benefit from. I.E. That includes small, non-ubber geared guilds. Not just elite-BiS-REQUIRED-500-man guilds. Thank you.

Oh, and please, PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP: take your time. I think the one thing the entire community can agree on is that we DON'T want another mod like 6 that takes you guys months (if ever) to work all of the bugs out of. Again, thank you.

P.S. An adventure zone that ONLY the members of your guild can be in? This sounds like the most promising part of the mod so far. Cheers.
    I agree with this.

Mod 7 sounds pretty cool but I'm concerned because mod 6 pretty much decimated our guild. I'm hopeful that we can recover but odds are that we'll be on the weak side for a while.

This is my concern, as well. We lost most of our already tiny (by choice) guild in mod 6, so I'm really hoping that even small guilds will be able to enjoy mod 7.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Sounds exactly like Starbases in STO. In which case, prepare for a grind so exhausting and vast, as you have never witnessed before. It took top fleets more than half a year of sinking countless ressources into projects to get their starbases to end tier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rotciv01647rotciv01647 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    this is great news! i hope this won't widen he gap between established guild and starting guilds.
    “The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.” 

― Friedrich NietzscheThus Spoke Zarathustra
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I would like to see a discussion by the developers on exactly how small medium and large sized guilds coexist in this new module.

1. Do small guilds get a handicap? They should, everything else being equal.

2. What is being done to satisfy medium and large sized guilds that are fractured by the 150 account/500 member imposed limits? Can alt guilds help each other? Lets be honest - regardless how many alts a guild has, its ONE guild.

3. Is PvP required? PvE guilds must be able to stay purely PvE. PvP should be optional.

4. Can guilds lose the items in their banks if "defeated"?

These are the Four biggest concerns I'm hearing from guild leaders right now.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I would also like the developers to give a discussion about the HEs, and how they will be scaled. Because what about the guilds that have less than 10 members, and maybe have 1 person maybe 2 online at a given time? Will they even be able to do the HEs, or will they scale to the number of people you have online. Then too will the zone scale to level 70 or level 60.