What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Giant Strider Mounts

2»

Comments

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kingsgrace wrote: »
    THIS is it. THIS is the pay to win death of neverwinter, this is where it starts. F**k this game and f**k the a**ehole who came up with this idea. What a c**t.

I could not have said it better even if I wanted to :D
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    a move like this really cast doubts on the "we realized we made mistakes with mod 6"

do they have zero pulse on the player base in this game?
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jimmyhar wrote: »
    A weird thing is about to happen. I'm about to DEFEND the devs!

I think the introduction of this mount is fine. For now it is an exclusive lockbox item, designed to reward those who spend real $$$ to open lots of boxes. I have no problem with that. Those folk subsidise my gaming. In time we'll see the mounts filtering through the AH and after that we'll probably see some other ways to obtain them, maybe special events, maybe just in the normal Zen store. It would be nice to think we could upgrade our existing ones but if we can't then there will probably be a selection of new ones we can buy for Zen or AD. If it is anything like the rank 3 mounts it may even be cheaper to buy a new rank 4 one than upgrade an existing one to the same level.

In "some months" time many of us will be riding mounts equivalent to that one. So I think we just need to be patient and accept that the game needs to offer the moneyed players a reason to spend cash.

Apologies for the sudden outburst of positivity. I'll try to get back to hating everything asap... ;p

I have to agree, i cant really see why people are so pissed about this, the original mounts have been BIS for around 2 years, the only thing that surprises me is that they didnt release faster mounts sooner.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    I have to agree, i cant really see why people are so pissed about this, the original mounts have been BIS for around 2 years, the only /thing that surprises me is that they didnt release faster mounts sooner.

I think its not so much that its faster mounts. Its that the only way to get it is from a lockbox. Imagine if the the only way to get a horse higher than a green was to pay 20mil for one off AH or have a .001% to get one in a lockbox. That is why people are upset.

Another thing i don't get is why its only this legendary mount that has run increase. It would seem intuitive that all orange mounts would have the same speed. With a different active bonus to differentiate.

It just was very poorly thought out and terrible timing to add this item the way they did
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    I think its not so much that its faster mounts. Its that the only way to get it is from a lockbox.

I'd be willing to bet that this is the only reason the majority of players are annoyed about the new mounts , the only way to acquire one atm is through gambling using the dreadful rng system where everybody knows that the drop chance will almost certainly be below 1%.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    I have to agree, i cant really see why people are so pissed about this, the original mounts have been BIS for around 2 years, the only thing that surprises me is that they didnt release faster mounts sooner.

Being just a player and not an insider in the Cryptic world, I would assume that releasing a mount like this was intended to drain some AD from the economy; kinda like the Sgt. Knox companion. Pretty smart move on Cryptic's part. Remember folks - devs gotta eat too and they only make stuff work (or not); they don't set pricing. NOTE: No I didn't drink the Kool-Aid but I've been working for a living longer than most of you so I understand the phrase "The bosses priorities will soon become your priorities." "Jump!" "How high sir?" "I'll tell you once you're in the air!".

Most of the players complaining about it are probably upset because this gives an unfair advantage to PvP players that have the available AD. The mounts can let them fly past opponents and cap points quicker. However, it's really no different than a green mount getting outrun by a purple mount when capping points (in, say, GG where the distance is greater thus the speed difference is more easily noticed).

The only issue for PvE would be if you're doing dailies and someone breezes by you with a bunch of aggro behind them that is now attacking you. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> move but it can/will happen.

One thing I know - there will always be the haves and have-nots in this, and other games, so you can either move on or adapt. Anyone remember the auction house in Diable III? No other course of action you can take.

This does NOT apply to bugs, exploits, etc but to items and such that Cryptic is selling via Zen, lockboxes, and others. Those need to be addresses and the devs DO listen to us. We just have to stop being so inflammatory in our replies. Would you talk to your mother the same way you talk to them? If you would, you have bigger issues than this game.
    I aim to misbehave
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Drain AD how? The AH cut from the people who win and sell them? Can be circumvented by trading in goods and there are more efficient ways to remove AD directly than by creating an item that you *hope* will be traded on the AH for high prices, removing 10% per transaction.

If you want the stupid new mount to be an AD sink, you slap it directly into the Wondrous Bazaar's inventory, not gated into a lockbox. Removes 100% of the AD per transaction, and the players would rage less because in theory at least, anyone could save up and buy it directly.

The reason why it's fair that some people have 110% speed mounts and some only have 50% speed ones? Because the supply of 110% speed mounts is infinite.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and let everyone know exactly what I think of this development.

Introducing rank 4 mounts? Acceptable. Making rank 4 mounts ONLY available in lockboxes? Unacceptable.

There is a HUGE difference between offering things that are just visuals (Metallic Dragonborn, old Legendary mounts) and offering things that are SIGNIFICANT advantages in lockboxes. This is NOT okay to do to your customer base.

If you're going to offer a rank 4 of mounts that grants 4000 movement speed and 140% speed? AND can be used in combat? You need to make it available to upgrade our own mounts to that level. EVEN if it ends up costing a couple million AD.

Neverwinter normally tries to keep an even playing field, and not let people ACTUALLY buy significant advantages over free players. Paying for stuff in Neverwinter is largely Quality of Life changes, getting things faster, grinding less.

This? This is pay to win, period.

I AGREE 100%. As a p2w player, I even see this is bad. Real bad. They just set a precedent that they never should have set. It's one thing to spend some cash to buy a purple mount right off the bat, knowing that someone who cannot pay can still eventually upgrade their free green mount to purple through grinding. But to purposefully create an elite item that only those who drop hundreds of dollars to GAMBLE on a chance, is pretty low.
    The only thing I can hope is that, come Mod 7, they make upgrading purple mounts to this same feature a possibility. That this is just a "teaser" of things to come.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Drain AD how? The AH cut from the people who win and sell them? Can be circumvented by trading in goods and there are more efficient ways to remove AD directly than by creating an item that you *hope* will be traded on the AH for high prices, removing 10% per transaction.

If you want the stupid new mount to be an AD sink, you slap it directly into the Wondrous Bazaar's inventory, not gated into a lockbox. Removes 100% of the AD per transaction, and the players would rage less because in theory at least, anyone could save up and buy it directly.

The reason why it's fair that some people have 110% speed mounts and some only have 50% speed ones? Because the supply of 110% speed mounts is infinite.

LOL. Easy Becky. I was just proffering my opinion. You bring up good points as well.
    I aim to misbehave
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why was these bonuses not given to old mounts? I like the new concept but it's only available on the new mounts what the...?

This is outrageous lol
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread