test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What us your favourite module so far?

fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
What is your favourite mod so far, for any reason. Let us know why you like that mod!

1 - Sharandar
2 - Dread Ring
3 - Icewind Dale
4 - Tyranny of Dragons I - the stitched-on-maps dragon zones throughout
5 - Tyranny of Dragons II - Rise of Tiamat
6 - the current messy state of affairs.
Post edited by fantasycharacter on

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I picked Mod 1:

- The difficulty was reasonable
    - It had the best mix of atmosphere and humor
    - It was the most imaginative
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Module 5 for me, loved Tiamat being an addition. The feeling of fighting an actual god was great for me.
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I didn't like any of them. They were all released with issues. Mod 1 is my worst though.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mod 3 - because that had been the right difficulty at the time. Also some innovation.

What I don't understand, however, is that Mod 2 (Dread Ring) gets no love so far. That's what I'd vote for for 2nd place. While a bit weak on the humour side, it had been quite the step ahead from Sharandar tedium to some reasonable campaign progression plan, and the daily lairs were actually something that could be done within an appropriate timeframe.

Mod 4 had been the first step onto the steep slippery slope of artifact gear - nothing from then on can get my vote... ...though story- and gameplay-wise it had been fairly nice. Dragonflation ruled :^D
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    end beta - best "module" to play in party

m1 - best module for pvp

m6 - best module to play solo
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Actually I didn't like any of them. In my opinion the game has gotten worse with each module and they only added boring gameplay quests in every single one of them. New classes etc are good so I don't really count them as a part of the module.

I think every single module brought problems that totally destroyed them. Like Ice wind dale with its huge laggy open PvP. Tiamat with no party Q and I really didnt like the small boring dungeons like Malabog (VT was okay).

I think they should skip the repeating daily quests since they don't bring anything but boredom to the game and they should instead concentrate on classes and new fun dungeons with loot (BoE). And PvP maps/modes/balance.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It would help if you included the names of the modules in the poll. Many of us were not here for the beta, and don't know the mods by number. I might have picked Dread Ring, but was unsure of the number. Of course, I don't know what all else went along besides the new area it gave.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    zacazu wrote: »

m6 - best module to play solo

Some like it rough.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Which Mod was 4?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Or Mod 1 for that matter?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1 - Sharandar
    2 - Dread Ring
    3 - Icewind Dale
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sadly, I have not been around long enough.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Voted for 1, but could have voted for 2 too. Both best so far.

Perfect in every sense. Quality art work, fresh ideas, new class, new dungeons, new skirmishes, good gear to get, both the T1 and the T2.5 ones, decent RNG good scaling of difficulty.

Overall fun!

I personally miss the good old days...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    LOL little joke coming, so no punishment please!

Introduce a Zen Shop item called Time Machine Token, back to old glory days.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Unless you a CC warrior, how can anyone like Mod 6. It promotes team play, which is fine, but then all loot is divided and you get less to be to put into YOUR toon, making it harder to advance in Item Level. So solo play is always preferred but then you find you can't because your toon is not strong enough to solo. It is a catch 22. (and I'm talking about IWD and WoD) you cannot solo these maps, unless, like I said, you are a CC warrior.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    LOL little joke coming, so no punishment please!

Introduce a Zen Shop item called Time Machine Token, back to old glory days.

You are a GENIUS!! This could be a million dollar idea!
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    module 2 hands down, good passing, very nice lairs, good and varied rewards and equipment, good dungeon (VT), boons were worth doing (apart from the 4th).

Sharandar is much mure beaultiful, but the pacing is depressing and the gating of the gear by the need of finishing weeks of content and farming AND having all the gates opened just makes it impossible to anyone to actually use the gear by that time you CAN get it. and now they did the same **** up with the dread ring gear... they really dont know what they are doing...

please cryptic make sharandar and dread ring sets buyiable with currencies and some low level campaign currency like thayan zealot was! when someone hits 70 if they have to farm it for weeks if not months to get the full set and its just ridiculous as the set should come first to actually be competitive with the content, not later.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Until mod3 everything was perfect. We actually made (money)AD by doing instances(CN, GG, T2) and we farmed equipment rather then leveled it.

Right know lots of BIS 4k player who has no skill. dps or knowledge. Until mod3 they weren't even existed.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It would help if you included the names of the modules in the poll. Many of us were not here for the beta, and don't know the mods by numbe.

Oops sorry! don't think I can edit now, or I don't know how at least :P

1 - Sharandar
    2 - Dread Ring
    3 - Icewind Dale

Thank you...copying to my original post.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Launch>mod1>mod2=mod6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mod4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mod5

didnt play mod3 so cant comment on that

and why there isnt pre-sharandar ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    argroschargrosch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The best Mod for me definitely was Mod 2. Dread Ring still is the best Campaign.

RIP Foundry

• Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mod 2 for me:

Difficulty spot on.
    Dailies were not cumbersome and actually pleasant to do.
    Mechanics were cool ie the metal gauntlets and garunteed purple artifact mats
    Ability to use prayer chest for additional campaign mats

Its too bad this mod was ruined by 'updating' it to 70th and the new mechanics of mod 6. never going back there in its current state.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    module 2 hands down, good passing, very nice lairs, good and varied rewards and equipment, good dungeon (vt), boons were worth doing (apart from the 4th).

Sharandar is much mure beaultiful, but the pacing is depressing and the gating of the gear by the need of finishing weeks of content and farming and having all the gates opened just makes it impossible to anyone to actually use the gear by that time you can get it. And now they did the same **** up with the dread ring gear... They really dont know what they are doing...

Please cryptic make sharandar and dread ring sets buyiable with currencies and some low level campaign currency like thayan zealot was! When someone hits 70 if they have to farm it for weeks if not months to get the full set and its just ridiculous as the set should come first to actually be competitive with the content, not later.

^^this,.. 10000%
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    and why there isnt pre-sharandar ?
    Cause that's not a module ... :rolleyes:

Mod 2 was my favorite, and it's still is. M2 lairs are the only ones I stillran even after I finished the campaign. They were fast, fun and creative, and gave a chance at a decent reward. Dread Ring gear is some oft the most creative in the game, looks wise.

M1 and M3 were decent. Sharandar was pretty cool. I liked M3's increased difficulty (for the time). Also, it brought some cool innovations to the game.

Starting with M4 is all went downhill. Artifact gear was introduced so poorly, and you could see the quality of the content declining in many aspects. I always though Tiamat looks terrible in game, but the encounter is pretty good imo. Oh except for the fact that you cant join with a pre-made party - that is ridiculous. M5, for me, was dominated by one problem - RP grinding. This should have never happen to Neverwinter. Even with the M6 disaster, I still think the artifacts/artifact gear combined with the lack of reliable ways to gather RP in game, is the worse thing that happened to Neverwinter so far.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mod 4 was great IMO. A campaign, a dungeon, a skirmish. eLOL was elite for a good while, took a while til power creep took over and it became easy. It felt like content has been added, and kept players busy for a good while.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I chose Mod2 (Dread Ring), but there have been good and bad about all the campaigns. In order:

Mod1: Good: Rotating dailies, easy to follow progression through each zone. Great boons. Bad: The grind for shards. Dear lord.... And the way boon 3 was gated. Was a hard stop to any feeling of steady progression.

Mod2: Good: Excellent lair rewards, best boon progression, chance at artifact in lairs. Daily lair rewards. Bad: gauntlet crafting. Boons were meh.

Mod3: Good: BI gear! Bad: Randomizing the drop for the 4th piece. (7 toons through IWD, 1 glove and MH drop).

Mod4: Good: Got people back to old zones, nice boons, attainable rewards. Bad: artifact eqpt drops. Ugh. Needing a rare drop to get boons.

Mod5: Good: Buyable artifact eqpt! Tiamat! Bad: Needing a rare drop to get boons. Tiamat!
    I list Tiamat in both, because I like the fight, I like the rewards, but I *hate* the randomness of your group. If I can round up 24 other people, we should get to go together. :-/

Mod6: I'm generally ok with this mod. Good: Dungeons are *hard* again! Best gear is from seals. Better stat curves. MH/OH free at 70. Bad: No more DD chests. High cost of gear (in seals, or to upgrade it), lack of dungeons.Dailies in new zones are often more effort than they are worth (drop rates on some quest stuff is really bad)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Vanilla (pre any modules) was the best state the game has ever been in , module one onwards has been a slow but steady slide into moribundity .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif