Install Arc
Options

What us your favourite module so far?

13»

Comments

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Pre mod1/mod1. Dread was meh to me. IWD I really liked but didnt live up to its potential, though reading the forums it seems to of made a comeback. The dragon mods have all been very meh and I love dragons.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sharandar, seemed huge to me comparing to the Dread Ring (which was ok still though.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I still think mod 4 and mod 6 are equally detestable.. Both were lots of recycled content more or less, but If I had to choose my LEAST favorite mod of all time, it would be mod 4.. there was not one thing I cant think of that I liked in that mod, sitting around for dragons every 20 mins x 4 x whatever amount of classes I wanted to bring in, was MUCH more boring then anything else Ive done in this game. Waiting is the worst thing in any MMO I can think of, and all they did was make a mod of waiting.. just silly.

The entire problem with mod 5.. was they didnt allow us to create groups and just do tiamat when we chose to do it, if that happened and they decreased the amount of linus needed for things.. so you didnt have to run tiamat 4-500 times to get a few alts through stuff, it wouldve been better overall.

Ive done whole hours of GG back in the day, for some reason wanted short order cook titles at one time.. I dont even know why, lol.

and that was less boring then mod 4 to me.

What gets me, is ya, I agree mod 6 , might not be as bad as 4 was, but I STILL wouldnt have voted for it, where are these 11 people who think that mod 6 is better then any other mod? thats just strange to me.
  • Options
    whativawhativa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sry for being off topic in a way but im new to the game (download almost finished) and i cant make a topic yet.
    In MMOs i look for diversity in class build. Meaning, are there decent choices to build your class differently but still good? The build can be done through items, skills, gems, buffs or whatever else the game has to offer.
    This is the most important aspect of an MMO for me, so plz be honest and serious.

thank u in advance.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    [...]
    What gets me, is ya, I agree mod 6 , might not be as bad as 4 was, but I STILL wouldnt have voted for it, where are these 11 people who think that mod 6 is better then any other mod? thats just strange to me.

Well, for one that's maybe the Fanboys and their alt accounts made for trolling purposes (No names mentioned).

The other rationale I could imagine is having started during Mod 4/5, and having had those no-to-low-skill grindfest bonanzas as the sole reference frame. Honestly, when one went into Shar/DR/IwD with the Mod 5 power gear that wasn't... ...yeah. If this were your only background, you'd probably find Mod 6 refreshing, for a change.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mod 2 for me which is when I started playing NW. I think the progression in DR was close to perfect. What I liked most about it is that you did different quests every day, including the lairs. None of this repetitive BS over and over each day. Even in Shar there were times that you were given the same quests to do two days in a row. I had my fair share of same boring dailies every day for most of the six years I played WoW. I don't like seeing it here and it is getting worse with each passing Mod.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Didn't vote because you left out m7 -- I've been asking for guild updates for years, so for better or for worse, m7 is my favorite.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Whats clear to me, is people think DR was just about right in terms of grind, but can accept grind to the levels of 1-3 per se as long as there is progression and rewards for playing.

Whats equally clear, is that waiting and doing just tons of dailies to get through a campaign was boring for many of us.

I think mod 6, wouldve been better with just adding level cap, leaving old stuff 60 and introducting 4 new DDS based on elemental powers after we hit 70.

Mod 6 wouldve been loved by many at that point.

I really didnt see a need to make old 60 stuff into new 70 stuff, Ive never seen another game do that and still is really odd to me.

When did you ever see a game that just didnt make old campaigns easier eventually ? Just odd.