test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What us your favourite module so far?

Comments

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If they saw screenshots of vanilla they'd never want to go back. We've had significant QoL upgrades since then.

I voted mod2. I liked Dread Ring. It had 3 changing daily lairs and a Weekly that could be accomplished on the adventure zone map. Now that it has RP rewards, I make sure to stop by Dread Ring once a week for the RP Trove.

Mod1 had 'walled gardens' :cool: which slowed things down, and lots of campaign lairs that I never saw again once I was done the campaign grind. [Feydark Breach, Quickling Den, The War Makers] Alternately, [Gnarlroot, Witch Fen and Celadine] still get plays from players seeking Enchantments. (Terror/Feytouched/Elven Battle)

Mod3 had OPVP .. I just wished they made it work. BI: Dom works 20% of the time, and there's no real reason to go INTO the opvp zone, so no one ever takes the risk. If they just put some of those aquamarine taps inside OPVP, or some other kind of Reward/Boon/Campaign for OPVP, it'd be super.
    Caer-Konig was pretty, but again, I never Need for Mead anymore, and the BlackIceForge questline was ill-formed. I like the two factions, I hope they get an update someday. I still run Biggrins every Monday because the Forge's hunger is never satisfied.

Mod4 - Ugh the dragon grind. Killing 5 dragons a day, some days lots more than that, searching for a belt that never dropped. Campaign rewarded me with the much sought after DragonsHoardEnchant, that was nice, till it got nerfed. I never play any of the Harper quests now that I'm done the campaign. (Protecting the Portal could use an RP reward.)

Mod5 - Dragon Heralds to grind, still no belt though. Don't play [Cult Prison, Thayan Magical Shelter, or Drake Pens] anymore now that I'm done the campaign. Hope they get an RP upgrade.

Mod6 - Oh did we have 3 cruddy unfinished recycled zones? Do I remember them at all? Nope.
    I flew around in Spinward for a bit, but I imagine Foundry Authors could do LOTS more with those Jump Volumes than what was exhibited. =( Again, If there was a Lair, I've already forgotten what it was. It could use an RP reward I'm sure.

Or just give me a reason to revisit Spinward once it gets a polishing. Maybe a weekly quest that gives Unified Elements? or guaranteed daily for Elemental Aggregate?

[Recycled content ahead:] In fact, if you took ALL the lairs from the levelling questline, re-worked them for endgame content, then had a daily "Mystical Portal" that Elminster needed us to go through to 'quell the disturbance' which would send us to a remastered lair, for an RP reward, that'd be cool too. I wouldn't mind revisiting the Rat's Nest once a month. [I'm sure you've got at least 30 mini dungeons from the 0-60 that haven't been turned into CTA's yet]

We suffered an RP drought, and now the dam breaks in IWD? Even though we've been asking for real foundry rewards for months? Boo. Hiss. Give the masses an incentive to play the UGC. Foundry 3pc from 'eligible' 15min quests! Or at least an aquamarine instead of a green armor. If I can get an aquamarine every 3 minutes in IWD, let a 15 min foundry give one. =P

Also, If you need me to build you an airlock for Boss doors in the foundry, I will. A campfire, then a TWO-STAGE airlock door. It will help. A lot.
    Q: How many bosses have have problems with doors?
    A: Most of them.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It's funny to see people complain that this game has only gotten worse after every update for the last two years...yet here they are, still playing.

Even funnier when people defend a game that doesn't even fix one shot exploits for weeks or a ruined economy after many months.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Some like it rough.

the difficult is not fair for all classes/gears and/or trees. but, for coincidence, for my main is ok.

just to remember, in the past "solo" is simple inexistent.

It's funny to see people complain that this game has only gotten worse after every update for the last two years...yet here they are, still playing.

not too strange; i love my charater, i hate the game (well, i hate m4/m5).

m6 for me is a beta of another mmo made to replace a game destroyed during m4/m5 (in fact, m3... charater designe changes is the beginning of the end).
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I liked Dread Ring the best. Best mini-lairs, etc.
  • xxxgriessonxxxxxxgriessonxxx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2015

You need time to realize the game is slowly dieing, and by that time you've already invested too much time(and money?) to walk away just like that. Then you start hoping they will get their ish together next mod so that your investment doesn't turn out to be a waste, then you wait for the next mod... They are spread across too many projects and practically don't know their own product enough to be able to implement the innovations needed to keep the game alive without further upsetting the already fragile balance(talkin about PVP) nor they take the player's feedback into account enough to compensate for that lack - they WON'T get their ish together.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I started playing at the end of mod 1, late enough not to have opinion about it but later:

Mod 2 > Mod 6 > Mod 5 > Mod 3.

Havent played mod 4, but I guess it would probably be my least favoured mod.
    I think if u took mods 2 dungeons variety and their rewards + mod 6 class balance (PvE), dungeon design - provided they eventually fix the Damage Reduction bug which causes occasional 1 shots = Great Success

And yeah I think dungeon design is better, there is only 1 major public exploit (and I hope its gonna be eventually fixed for good) - think about all exploits u had in mod 2 - VT, MC, ToS (ALL of them and imagine there are probably like 5 u never knew), SP, CN (same as ToS). Remember perma TRs soloing whole dungeons? Best parties = 5xCW (maybe swap 1 with GWF) etc. vote kicking when something worth more than 50k dropped? The list goes on. But it was still really funny because doing dungeons could develop your toon.
    Im wondering what would happen if you could get BoE Protector Seal items as personal drop from boss
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mod 1-2 for me as well, and 3 was ok.

everything else after that.. has been worse every release and thats been clear by the vast majority of poeple here.

People only complained about sharandar due to its length in "days" to clear. HOWEVER, it actually never took that much daily "TIME" to do.

It takes 3-4X as long to do ToD on a "daily" basis due to the "time".

I never understood how anyone liked to do that many dailies.. you can basically just do 3 quick quests a day on sharandar.. skip mini lair (even save up all the keys if you want, and go back when your decked out to farm it, if you really want to anyways)

Dread ring was both the perfect lenght of time and the right amount of grind. Not unreasonable, just do it. Everyone loves dread ring and it gave VT as a DD and THEY made it very worthwhile for a long time to run dread ring lairs.. It was a great mixture of rewarding players to PLAY the game. Something they have had a harder time doing lately.

At the lunch of mod 6, the game was terrible broken, they have made it better, but if they stopped iwd RP, pretty much back to nothing to do at all.. other then find some blue gear for alts.

ITS by far the worst module to be a incentive for players to log in and stay.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2015

For me personally:

1. Addiction to the original game, i started to play nearly 2 years ago, the cool action system and the core, that is now way too deep down and hidden.

2. Too much investment in my toons and as an old fool DnD addict i love them like they were my own.

3. Little hope still flickers, that game will get a good strategist and management or combined. A management, that would actually play the game on daily basis amongst us the community with open ears and eyes. Sadly as the Germans say it's 5 minutes before 12, so a much faster pace would be needed.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited June 2015
    Well..

to be fair, their mod release dates are very fast now.. so ya, I havent really "liked" the game since maybe mod 3ish..
    but I didnt Hate mod 5, wod and tiamat was sorta fun for awhile, just not as good as earlier mods.

So that leaves mod 4 (tod tyranny of dailies) and Mod 6 (broken and totally ignored player feedback, in fact this might be the single worst cases of hubris in a mmo Ive seen)

So ya, its not been quite as fun as mod 1-2 or 3.. but there have been moments, of "ok'ness" that hasnt totally driven me away.

I have however, tried other games , but a few of them, were SO exploit driven.. screw it.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Well..

to be fair, their mod release dates are very fast now.. so ya, I havent really "liked" the game since maybe mod 3ish..
    but I didnt Hate mod 5, wod and tiamat was sorta fun for awhile, just not as good as earlier mods.

So that leaves mod 4 (tod tyranny of dailies) and Mod 6 (broken and totally ignored player feedback, in fact this might be the single worst cases of hubris in a mmo Ive seen)

So ya, its not been quite as fun as mod 1-2 or 3.. but there have been moments, of "ok'ness" that hasnt totally driven me away.

I have however, tried other games , but a few of them, were SO exploit driven.. screw it.

Sorry mate, i wasn't all too specific about that German phrase. I meant it that way, that they need to fix things faster, cause time keeps flying away (Tempus fugit).
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited June 2015
    Its interesting to note , more people liked the broken Mod 6.. then the terrible dailies forced on us on mod 4..

I think its about the same, honestly.

There was no campaign as boring as ToD, due to the zone hopping and waiting for dragons on a daily basis.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I joined in mod2, the dreadring. Played an HR, great fun in pvp. Loved Mod3, despite the awful pvp meta - near immortal defence builds, nodewars of attrition, compared to the quick and deadly mod2 meta. That was when the pvpdom q popped as fast as you could press K.

Miss that most.

Hated ToD with a passion. Didn't mind Wod. Mod6, love/hate relationship. I like the new difficulty in general day to day stuff and in kessels and elol etc. Tiamat is exciting agaon though very dependent on zergtimes. The epic dungeons... I miss spellplague and frozen heart, the ones we have... as an HR, just pure exercises in frustration. Have yet to finish one without someone using the latest bug.

So yea, mod2 and mod3, with mod3 taking it because the scenary is nice, and the innovatioms of HEs and openworldpvp.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You need time to realize the game is slowly dieing, and by that time you've already invested too much time(and money?) to walk away just like that.

Except that a rational person wouldn't do this. If the game stops being fun, stop playing. It's just a game after all.

All the time and money you've "invested" in Neverwinter is a sunk cost. It's gone, never to return. All you're doing now is continuing to be miserable, spending more time and money out of what should be a "For Fun" budget, to keep yourself unhappy.

Look, I know the game isn't perfect, but it's still a lot of fun for me, and it's my preferred source of entertainment. But the reality is there are dozens and dozens of AAA "Free to Play" games out there. Or "Buy to Play". Or sub games. The amount of choices you have right now are staggering, and that's just MMOs. There's too many co-op and multiplayer adventure games to keep track of, and that should leave you will little reason to continue playing a game that's not fun.

And to that point, you say the game is dieing, yet (back to my early post) you keep logging in. And so do most of the people complaining in this thread. So what does Cryptic see when they look at the in-game metrics? People still logging in, doing dungeons, grinding RP, etc...so while the complaints on the forum may tell them one thing, their in-game metrics are probably saying something else.

So if you're totally frustrated to the point that it's not fun, stop logging in. That's going to drive more change and more drastic change, then continuing to play a game you consider too broken to survive.

Think of it this way. What if you owned a restaurant, and you have a guy who complains that your food is terrible. Yet every night, he comes in for dinner, orders a meal, complains loudly about how terrible it was, pays and leaves. And then repeats the next night and the next. Sure, you might not be happy he keeps complaining, and you might tweak a thing here or there to try to improve the experience. But you're not really going to make drastic changes as long as that person keeps coming back, right?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    [...]
    And to that point, you say the game is dieing, yet (back to my early post) you keep logging in. And so do most of the people complaining in this thread. So what does Cryptic see when they look at the in-game metrics? People still logging in, doing dungeons, grinding RP, etc...so while the complaints on the forum may tell them one thing, their in-game metrics are probably saying something else.

So if you're totally frustrated to the point that it's not fun, stop logging in. That's going to drive more change and more drastic change, then continuing to play a game you consider too broken to survive.
    [...]

...well in my case they see me logging in, doint LSh/Inv two to five times daily and buying stuff ot ZEN with the reapings. And plonking my Pally through the campaign dailies. And playing the occasional Foundry or three. As opposed to all-weekwnd gameplay with five different chars. If the look at this in any detail beyond the number of logins, they'll see a significant difference.

The other thing is, not logging in does also give the message: "OK, another disgruntled guy gone, so good riddance to the QQ, don't try to stop travellers, so let's just keep on course and make more of what we did with the people who haven't left, THEY seem to enjoy this..."

This will maybe be a step I will take, some time, but not yet. And as far as I know, the statistics they should look at shouldn't be number of logins, but game server population, which includes an equally balanced playing time component factor - and that has been more than twice as high in the past for me. Also they seem to look at least a bit into _where_ in Faerún the players go - as witnessed / deducible by seeing them settle the RP-farm-o-rama in the all-but-deserted Icewind Dale...

Not logging in would mean resigning, and waiving your chance to actively influence the game by not using content that's plain derailed, whether there's direly needed stuff down that line or not - as I currently do with almost anything Dungeon. Will this bring the message across? Maybe, maybe not, but looking at the course of events, some messages seem to have been brought across...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Toss up between Mod 1 and Mod 2 for me. I love them both in their own ways and reasons and still enjoy them to this day even on my long established characters that have finished the campaign progresses.

Least favorite? Icewind Dale. I don't care for PvP in D&D Games and the grind there for PvE is just too much.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lionmaruu0 wrote:
    please cryptic make sharandar and dread ring sets buyiable with currencies and some low level campaign currency like thayan zealot was! when someone hits 70 if they have to farm it for weeks if not months to get the full set and its just ridiculous as the set should come first to actually be competitive with the content, not later.

As of one of the recent patches, you *can* now buy the Dread Ring and Sharandar sets via the campaign stores, (go to the campaign window, click the campaign on the left, then click the store button) - they only require campaign currencies, too - no AD or gold cost.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sharandar, simply because twas wide addition to both the game itself and the foundry.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm happy to see people are starting to realize that M6 is not the worst thing that ever happened to the game.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I'm happy to see people are starting to realize that M6 is not the worst thing that ever happened to the game.

true but you are seeing a skewed sample size of people that didn't quit because of mod 6. If they voted the results would be much different i bet
    edited June 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »

Yeah, that was IMHO Mod 5...

...arti-gearflation and a industrial assembly-line content to grind over and over by the hour, spiced up with new dimensions of lag and game freezes...

And on top of that it totally wrecked the gear economy - more than any number of bots could've done - by handing out epics by the dozen every hour.

Completely boycotted that after having pulled my main through and concentrated on my alts' campaigns...
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, that was IMHO Mod 5...
    No doubt about it. For me M4 and 5 were worse than M6. If they reduce the number of Vigilance quests needed in each zone to something more sane - like 8 maybe - I would go as far as to say M6 is kinda decent. After they fix the bugs, of course.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I voted mod 2.. Dread Ring. It was a nice change after Sharandar.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's funny to see someone writing they hated all mods but still play this game after 2 years. :D
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    It's funny to see someone writing they hated all mods but still play this game after 2 years. :D

pstt.... they adore the game, despire hating all the mods :P XD
    contradiction at its finest...lolz
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• toof988toof988 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mod 4 hype
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Pre mod1/mod1. Dread was meh to me. IWD I really liked but didnt live up to its potential, though reading the forums it seems to of made a comeback. The dragon mods have all been very meh and I love dragons.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sharandar, seemed huge to me comparing to the Dread Ring (which was ok still though.
    edited June 2015
    I still think mod 4 and mod 6 are equally detestable.. Both were lots of recycled content more or less, but If I had to choose my LEAST favorite mod of all time, it would be mod 4.. there was not one thing I cant think of that I liked in that mod, sitting around for dragons every 20 mins x 4 x whatever amount of classes I wanted to bring in, was MUCH more boring then anything else Ive done in this game. Waiting is the worst thing in any MMO I can think of, and all they did was make a mod of waiting.. just silly.

The entire problem with mod 5.. was they didnt allow us to create groups and just do tiamat when we chose to do it, if that happened and they decreased the amount of linus needed for things.. so you didnt have to run tiamat 4-500 times to get a few alts through stuff, it wouldve been better overall.

Ive done whole hours of GG back in the day, for some reason wanted short order cook titles at one time.. I dont even know why, lol.

and that was less boring then mod 4 to me.

What gets me, is ya, I agree mod 6 , might not be as bad as 4 was, but I STILL wouldnt have voted for it, where are these 11 people who think that mod 6 is better then any other mod? thats just strange to me.
  • whativawhativa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sry for being off topic in a way but im new to the game (download almost finished) and i cant make a topic yet.
    In MMOs i look for diversity in class build. Meaning, are there decent choices to build your class differently but still good? The build can be done through items, skills, gems, buffs or whatever else the game has to offer.
    This is the most important aspect of an MMO for me, so plz be honest and serious.

thank u in advance.
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    [...]
    What gets me, is ya, I agree mod 6 , might not be as bad as 4 was, but I STILL wouldnt have voted for it, where are these 11 people who think that mod 6 is better then any other mod? thats just strange to me.

Well, for one that's maybe the Fanboys and their alt accounts made for trolling purposes (No names mentioned).

The other rationale I could imagine is having started during Mod 4/5, and having had those no-to-low-skill grindfest bonanzas as the sole reference frame. Honestly, when one went into Shar/DR/IwD with the Mod 5 power gear that wasn't... ...yeah. If this were your only background, you'd probably find Mod 6 refreshing, for a change.