What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 6/4 7AM PDT (Pacific) [Completed!]

Comments

• Options
    deeperstingray6deeperstingray6 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Such a good reply :P This is now my desktop background :)
  • Options
    ellellelleellellelle Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is it going to be another hour? I wonder what went wrong.

EDIT: just seen.. another 30 min.. ok.
  • Options
    ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    version mismatch .. >> they added a patch with size of 83 Megabytes
    could we have patch notes updated ... unless that is a fix to the patch then please confirm it

thanks in advance guys
  • Options
    drasekrivendrasekriven Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    image.php?id%3D2593296&h=470&w=318&tbnid=p9ESZp214EHJQM:&zoom=1&docid=vFyVavYqwbcfqM&ei=-qFwVfqbAYS-sAWCtoDQCg&tbm=isch&ved=0CD8QMygNMA0
  • Options
    deeperstingray6deeperstingray6 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the game launcher doesnt have another hour added yet so im guessing they are actually almost done.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    and sadly social media has made everyone armchair devs and experts.

Actually, I would like to believe that Wikipedia and Google were responsible for such a phenomenon.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The point I'm getting at is that they'll give maintenance estimates based on what they're having to do and most times, it exceeds the actual amount of time it takes to do such tasks--presuming everything goes without a hitch. However, things do happen, and sometimes they happen with more frequency than others. If you say "just grossly overestimate the maintenance estimate and then everyone will be happy!", you'll also get those that say "wow, THAT long for an estimate, how idiotic!!"

Hm... no, I think you're misunderstanding my point. I don't buy into the Miracle Worker bit. I call that sandbagging, and frankly it drives me crazy. The problem I'm talking about is that these "occasional hitches" are not occasional. In fact, on days there is actually a patch, extensions are more common than not. That's what I'm referring to. If this was my team's track record, I would be having serious discussions with my employees and other stakeholders about what it is we're doing wrong and how we can fix this ASAP. If my team's failures were customer-facing (like this situation, for example), I would be required to provide RCAs each and every time (Root Cause Analysis). Now, there are always trade secrets involved (edit: meaning we could never expect a full and complete disclosure), but that's what I'm talking about.

These extensions point to seriously flaws somewhere. Every one in a while? maybe.. 1 in 10 deployments, 2 in 10? Ok, we can live with that, but this is MOST deployments result in extensions that end up taking double or longer than the original estimate. That's just not OK. We're not just those whiny kids on the forum - we are, in many cases, paying customers, and we deserve much better customer service that we're getting. And clearly, I don't mean PW CS here (which, I have found to be extremely helpful and responsive... </tangent>)
  • Options
    maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    On topic...

Twitter says 30 more minutes
  • Options
    ryuk2323ryuk2323 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    still not online so the cant make it to work Zzzzzzzz
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    maicakat wrote: »
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame · 6 seconds ago
    We're almost done fending off the pit fiend. Maintenance for #NWPC will last for about another 30 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

I'd loan them my Trans. Vorpal, but I'm afraid the extra damage buff to the pit fiend would result in another delay :(. Hopefully at least the pit fiend drops some RP for them.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You guys are mad? I'd be mad if I were one of the devs and had to work 5 hours on something that was supposed to take 2... We just sit on our behinds waiting, while they actually have to do the work.
  • Options
    quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Don't worry, once they get the servers back up Elminster will ask mystra to alter the weave and turn back time. I have faith that downtime will only be 2 hours after all.

• Options
    dobermannendobermannen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This waiting business makes me thirsty.

Nice read tho.
  • Options
    shadywintryshadywintry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Neverwinter will have its scheduled maintenance tomorrow 6/4 at 7AM for roughly 2 hours.

Patch notes can be viewed here:
    http://bit.ly/1Fv6BDX

Update 1: Maintenance extended until 10:00am PDT (1:00pm EDT / 19:00 CEST).
    Update 2: Maintenance extended until 11:00am PDT (2:00pm EDT / 20:00 CEST).
    Update 3: Maintenance extended until 12:00am PDT (3:00pm EDT / 21:00 CEST).
    Update 4: Almost done. Estimated time is until 12:30pm PDT

Thank you for the update Andy that is for Europe 21:30 if i'm correct
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sigh... I hope that within these 5 hours they managed to fix at least the double weapon enchant bug on TR.
  • Options
    malifasmalifas Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How about this..Don't give an estimate that way we have no expectations and thus can't be disappointed? Just will be down for maintenance on such and such date at such and such time, period.
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015

For *your* part of it, maybe. For mine already that's 22:30.
  • Options
    ryuk2323ryuk2323 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    really i likes to see that befor i will say it will be on in 15 mins for i will say it will not
  • Options
    soulreaper6666soulreaper6666 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully things take a turn for the better soon enough.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    Hm... no, I think you're misunderstanding my point. I don't buy into the Miracle Worker bit. I call that sandbagging, and frankly it drives me crazy. The problem I'm talking about is that these "occasional hitches" are not occasional. In fact, on days there is actually a patch, extensions are more common than not. That's what I'm referring to. If this was my team's track record, I would be having serious discussions with my employees and other stakeholders about what it is we're doing wrong and how we can fix this ASAP. If my team's failures were customer-facing (like this situation, for example), I would be required to provide RCAs each and every time (Root Cause Analysis). Now, there are always trade secrets involved (edit: meaning we could never expect a full and complete disclosure), but that's what I'm talking about.

These extensions point to seriously flaws somewhere. Every one in a while? maybe.. 1 in 10 deployments, 2 in 10? Ok, we can live with that, but this is MOST deployments result in extensions that end up taking double or longer than the original estimate. That's just not OK. We're not just those whiny kids on the forum - we are, in many cases, paying customers, and we deserve much better customer service that we're getting. And clearly, I don't mean PW CS here (which, I have found to be extremely helpful and responsive... </tangent>)

Two hours isn't an uncommon estimate across ALL PWE games, though. As I've come to understand the process over my time moderating PWE forums, one department handles ALL patch deployments for PWE's entire stable of games. That being said, how do we know those discussions aren't being held? We can only speculate. However, they choose to hold fast to their original estimates.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    quaranax wrote: »
    Don't worry, once they get the servers back up Elminster will ask mystra to alter the weave and turn back time. I have faith that downtime will only be 2 hours after all.

Ha!

I wonder will the event be extended though?
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Upending the game board is bad form.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    encadiencadi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited June 2015
    any reasoon you can let us know?
  • Options
    lorandelczlorandelcz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, its 21:30.
  • Options
    capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Hámster revolution has begun.
  • Options
    damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In this case, it's also absolutely correct. Another bit of wisdom: "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

However, for those that insist they can do it better, might I suggest giving Cryptic's careers page a visit?

This is just a very simple and polite way of saying "if you think you can do better then put up or shut up."

I like it and tend to agree in the main with this! However, although it is reasonable for us players to understand and appreciate that unexpected problems occur and must be dealt with in a manner that may unexpectedly cause a delay, it is also reasonable for players to expect that the system which is used to predict / gauge the duration of maintenance is reasonably accurate and constantly being re-evaluated and improved upon to ensure the risk of such delays happening in the future is less.

The difficulties for players is that there is little to no indication that the system being used to predict / gauge the duration of maintenance is being improved.

I just hope they fix their problems soon!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    lorandelcz wrote: »
    Yes, its 21:30.

Or 20.30

• Options
    flasche23flasche23 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    that is for Europe 21:30 if i'm correct
    europe spans 3 timeszones ^^
  • Options
    gawmonstergawmonster Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Update 1: Maintenance extended until 10:00am PDT (1:00pm EDT / 19:00 CEST).
    Update 2: Maintenance extended until 11:00am PDT (2:00pm EDT / 20:00 CEST).
    Update 3: Maintenance extended until 12:00am PDT (3:00pm EDT / 21:00 CEST).

Am I the only one annoyed by the 12:00am? :D Copypasta strikes again
This discussion has been closed.