test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Never thought I'd actually ask Cryptic to nerf drops but....

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was thinking about why they would suddenly put such a rewarding way to farm artifact gear RP into the game ,I wonder if module 7 is going to add artifact armor sets or artifact jewelry which would obviously see the prices skyrocket again , either that or they just miscalculated how popular it would be , either way long may it continue!
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I was thinking about why they would suddenly put such a rewarding way to farm artifact gear RP into the game ,I wonder if module 7 is going to add artifact armor sets or artifact jewelry which would obviously see the prices skyrocket again , either that or they just miscalculated how popular it would be , either way long may it continue!

Well im quite sure we will have artifact mounts next mod.
    The new map will be the greatest map in game.
    They are releasing faster mounts.
    They will still want to sell zen mount.
    Hence artifact mounts. I honestly would be ok with it if the rp situation stays like this.
    I dont see them releasing new artifact gear anytime soon
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Or the new lead designer, Scott, has recognized how frustrating the current RP situation is, has read (and listened) to the overwhelmingly amount of complaints about the system, and is working to answer and alleviate those frustrations.

I know, I know...sounds crazy that the lead designer would want to focus on making the game MORE fun for your average player, but maybe, just maybe he's trying to make the game better.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Something I enjoy doing during these Herd Encounters is aggroing the mobs in the BIG HEs (like the Remorrhaz or Big Black Ice one) as the herd tried to run through it... certainly breaks up the monotony of running around in circles for hours.. :-D
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    40 people can take a beholder with relative ease. Anyway I like doing the big, more dangerous encounters. It does in fact break up the monotony.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Keep it up I say. I may actually get some legendary gear this way :)

I applaud the effort. Can't please everyone all of the time but in this case, I think they've please most of us.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Or the new lead designer, Scott, has recognized how frustrating the current RP situation is, has read (and listened) to the overwhelmingly amount of complaints about the system, and is working to answer and alleviate those frustrations.

I know, I know...sounds crazy that the lead designer would want to focus on making the game MORE fun for your average player, but maybe, just maybe he's trying to make the game better.

You might just be on to something.... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    cubestar156cubestar156 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OMG!
    Can you guys stop these complaining? Cryptic for the first time listened to the community, gave us RP without spending cash and you guys are complaining again? just WTF! really, WTF is this?
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Players were asking since release of artifact equipment for more ways to farm RP.

Finally, we got added RP rewards to IWD/DV HEs, to dailies & weeklies in Sharandar & Dread Ring, to dungeon chests!

People wanted to be rewarded by actually playing the game not handing out the credit card.

Cryptic listened and did so! And now people are complaining again.
    I don't get it, I really. don't. get. it!

Exactly! Even when Cryptic implements something requested by the players, there will ALWAYS be someone to complain that it could have been done better. Of course, you notice there is no solution offered for a better way to implement more RP drops - only condemnation of the method implemented.

What I have learned at 25+ years in the workforce is that if you are going to complain, offer an alternative solution. Otherwise, you are just a whiner with no purpose . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've not had a problem with the Icewind Dale instances. I think there are still bigger problems in Neverwinter than toons getting prizes.
  • Options
    senterionosenteriono Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zero lag in iwd and ive been in there for about 30 hours of he running
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Exactly! Even when Cryptic implements something requested by the players, there will ALWAYS be someone to complain that it could have been done better. Of course, you notice there is no solution offered for a better way to implement more RP drops - only condemnation of the method implemented.

You mean the 40+ pages of suggestions prior mod6 release? Maybe you didnt notice....

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?831791-Discussion-How-can-the-Refining-Points-system-be-improved-going-into-Mod-6 46 pages

But I agree the increase in RP was good. I am not sure what that nonsense from mymy about suggestions is though considering there is 40 pages of them suggested prior mod 6.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Since the (completely uncalled-for, boneheaded, anti-player) nerf to DHEs it was actually nice of them to add a way for players to get the 18.4 million RP needed to level all their artifact gear, not to mention the even larger amount needed for four artifacts. If there's a fix here it should be to limit the number of players per IWD instance and require more time spent in an HE to get the full reward, so as to discourage the selfish types who run ahead of the group and often sabotage the HEs that they leave early. I'm certainly not complaining about them finally letting players get rewarded (again) for time spent playing.
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    but what a stupid way. instead of having people actually play the game and getting drops as they go along they are forcing us to run loops around IWD. and i mean loops. its gotten to the point where i turn the TV on at night and just follow the mob for 4-6 hours every night. I don't even pay attention to what i'm hitting just AoE the heck out of stuff. its stupid, boring and NECESSARY if you want to level your gear.

back when DHEs actually dropped stuff at least i could do dungeons, dailies, missions and get RP. now i hop on do my couple dailies i need to do then get on the RP train ride.

you may not realize this but.... RUNNING HE'S IS PLAYING THE GAME.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    You sure have a different definition of "playing" then. I don't consider that "playing", that's just a mindless, tedious slog of spamming buttons and rushing to keep up with the zerg. That's not enjoyable. "Playing" is when you actually put some skill or effort into it and feel like you've contributed in a meaningful way (sorry but just seeing 'Great Success!' over and over again doesn't qualify). Battling your way to a suspenseful boss fight in a dungeon or skirmish, maybe with a few close calls and a bit of quality teamwork, that's playing the game. Running endlessly in circles like hamsters on a wheel just to satisfy the black-hole gullets of our artifacts and keep this game from collapsing under the weight of its own failures is just...another job.

dont follow the zerg then. i got a team with my own friends of 5 and did the epic encounters it was very difficult and we struggled a ton but we made it and felt very accomplished afterwards and got a nice rp reward for it unlike dungeons.i agree with you they need to make everything else worth it also but dont nerf one aspect because the others are lacking instead improve the lacking one.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I find this very hard to believe.

there is NO way you have 5 friends.

;););)
    well you just ended the conversation like a kid. congratulations. have a good time. bye.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have been expecting the RP system to crash long time ago and it would be smart just not to spend RP on the gear, particularly the artifact gear. I don't know if they will make some changes to lower the drop rate some what or make them bound to account just like other but do expect if you spent a lot of AD on your artifact gear, you wasted a lot of AD. Smart merchants sell high and buy low. Selling RP at artificially pumped up prices that are doomed to fall back to earth or game die should be the right way to play the market. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    but in all seriousness, if you are telling me you can earn as much RP, as quickly as doing the zerg then i'm going to call you a liar. and i don't want the zerg nerfed. don't confuse me with the OP. I need the RP. why would i run hours and hours of mindless circles unless i need it to upgrade 8 toons worth of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. MUST HAVE BiS ON EACH CLASS. PvP and PvE. and since i'm not willing to cheat, or buy ANY RP from the zen store (i did before the bag and rp nerf) this is the only viable way.
    i agree they need to add in many more ways to gain rp. hopefully they will do this.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    they had a way. a great way. the DHEs worked just fine. and with account bind it stopped the botters from selling on the market. All they have done now is give those some people another way to get the same amount of RP. Its crazy. I can't even think of why someone would think this was a good path. this fork of development needs to be killed asap and just go back to DHEs.

it would free up the lag in IWD, people would again disperse to all the other zones to actually have fun doing dungeons (when they finally get added back) dailies and other missions.

i mean all they need to do is look at the amount of RP being generated by the HE's and make the DHEs do that. but DO NOT keep the HE's dropping RP. then people like me would put our DHE's on and run HE's and double our fun.

dragon hoards were still too slow. they need to remove the 30 sec cooldown from it for it to be correct.but i agree sadly they wont do that because one it would be extremely unfair to the people who used the DHE's on something like rp and 2 because "cryptic never makes mistakes remember?"but i do agree with you take the rp made from heroics and put it into DHE's
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Some of you will never be happy, will you? First it was "QQ I never get enough RP, I have to use my credit card" or second it was "QQ, there's never enough RP earned in the game." Grow up. The devs have finally made it viable for others to upgrade their stuff to better levels AND it reduced the prices a tad on the market. Sheesh. Talk about ungrateful.
  • Options
    sixpax2sixpax2 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Some of you will never be happy, will you? First it was "QQ I never get enough RP, I have to use my credit card" or second it was "QQ, there's never enough RP earned in the game." Grow up. The devs have finally made it viable for others to upgrade their stuff to better levels AND it reduced the prices a tad on the market. Sheesh. Talk about ungrateful.

Except now that's all anyone is doing and it's adversely affecting other parts of the game. Such as skirmish/dungeon queues.
    "While it is possible to tank as a Justice or Light paladin, it is substantially harder, especially on longer fights where Holy Barrier and your other defensive feats get chances to kick in and contribute quite a bit of defensive power." - System Designer Gentlemancrush