test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Never thought I'd actually ask Cryptic to nerf drops but....

Comments

• discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    also 20 people is way too low for IWD instances.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Let's be honest. Everyone is busy farming it because they think next patch the RP will change to BTA or BTC
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nope, I haven't noticed because I'm blind, deaf and dumb!

I bet you play a mean pinball.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    is not fun when are 50+ poeple those poeple you talk about get 0 reward from the he because they dont have fast mount or the damage to get something.

maybe you should start pressing buttons then cause my cw has yet to not get some rewards from all of them usually i get the great success rewards and yes ive been in many instances where its so full its lagging everyone out but today people are spreading out so it doesnt lag i have yet to lag and my pc is far from top notch believe me. trust me just let it be i finally have a chance to upgrade my artifacts to epic equipment and otherwise.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yep, dang Cryptic. They came up with a way to not only repopulate a nearly dead zone. And offered a way for people to farm RP, without needing to spend cash, without special utility enhancements, and without having to resort to botting.

And the complaint is, its too popular, there are too many people who *gasp* actually want to play the game to do it. Heaven forbid, someone might actually mistake that for praise.

Indeed ++1
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I bet you play a mean pinball.

Lol. Showing your age.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A reduction of the population cap per instance, and addressing the problematic powers, is what is needed - not a removal of the long sought after rewards.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2015
    Of course everyone is swarming these HE's before cryptic nerfs them to nothing. Nothing wrong with that. (Swarming I mean. Cryptic's mo is deplorable.) I don't think it would be a bad idea to have the dragons appear one at a time though. No more running a head to lesson others chances of getting a great success. (If that is even possible. The reasoning behind it doesn't make sense to me.)
    edited May 2015
    Ok it does make sense now that I'm thinking about it. Seems ike an ******* thing to do though.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its pretty straightforward once you have an idea what enough contribution is going to be to hit great success. You do enough and move on.
  • zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But here's the new annoying thing now. You have people that run ahead of the zerg, mess up the spawn time and laugh at the zerg for trying to finish the HE's as one group. This effectively messes up the whole aspect of everyone getting equal amount of RP. And the response I get when I present this? " Life isn't fair" Just illogical answers and actions for everyone.
  • zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm starting to think that there are a few too many special snowflakes here who don't want anybody else to get a chance to level up artifact gear.

I think the whole point of adding rp to he's was to give players a reasonable way to level up artifact gear at more than a snails pace , getting a few thousand rp once a day or god forbid once a week wouldn't really help solve that problem.

so form your own smaller group and farm the big he's , the herd doesn't sually touch them ,or you could even make a small group and farm the small he's away from the big group , nobody is forcing you to run with everybody else .

So much win for this answer here. Totally agree.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    They already implemented RP Stones for HEs in the less difficult maps. Also they added RP stones to the Daily and Weekly quests in Dread Ring and Sharandar.

How could they anticipate this reaction? How can they spread it any more around the other maps?

Dragon Hoard Enchantments.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I, for one, welcome our new Unbound Refinement Point Overlord. :cool:

aka. Icwind Dale & Dwarven Valley
    va8Ru.gif
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I found the most time efficient and rp efficient thing to do is to group with 1-2 other players and mash the lower HEs. The more people you are running around with the less likely you are to get great success. Doing a he with 20 people might be safer but it isn't a whole lot faster because mostly its 18 of 20 people milling about looking for something to hit. Going to the large HEs is a mistake because in genral they take too long to clear.

Your target priority in order should be destroy encampment, totem of auril and protect wagons. Wagons is the worst because it has the most waiting around for mobs to spawn. In contrast when you kill the first pack in destroy encampment the second spawns and you can kill them and move on. Its also the easiest to solo.

If you hang around with 19 other randoms for safety you should expect lower rewards. If its just you and one other dude clearing fast and hard you are going to get more from getting great success each time.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No bad dog, No. Fix lagginess, that is all.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited May 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Here's the thing I'm not hearing anyone talk about---has anybody actually sat there and tried to figure out the math for the sheer ungodly amounts of RP's you need to take any artifact or artifact gear from start to finish in level?? THERE'S the real problem. We could zerg IWD HE's from here til doomsday, buy multiple multiple 99 stacks of peridots on the AH, and still be hundreds of thousands of points short. How so many people are running around in full orange and teal is beyond me, especially when some of that gear just came out. I suspect ringers.

Not saying that there aren't "ringers", but there are also people who simply pay through the nose to have the best gear. Others have had legendary gear for months prior. There are people that had several epic and legendary artifacts they acquired before mod 6, and fed those artifacts to other artifacts when double RP rolled around. Savvy trading, leadership, and help from guild members could also account for a fair chunk of super-high geared toons we see running around. So could bot farming and other exploits.

Edit: and before it's implied, my two mains are running around in rare and epic gear. nothing mythic or even legendary yet.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Prices are going down esponentially...in a week it will be not worth it anymore to farm
    edited May 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Except they nerf it like DHE twice !

If not, my alts will be oranged very soon.
    The game is alt friendly again.

we are still talking about 40 hours worth of farming for every single artifact gear.
    i dont know you but after a hour i need 3 sigarettes, 2 coffee and an intravenous feeding
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Here's the thing I'm not hearing anyone talk about---has anybody actually sat there and tried to figure out the math for the sheer ungodly amounts of RP's you need to take any artifact or artifact gear from start to finish in level?? THERE'S the real problem. We could zerg IWD HE's from here til doomsday, buy multiple multiple 99 stacks of peridots on the AH, and still be hundreds of thousands of points short. How so many people are running around in full orange and teal is beyond me, especially when some of that gear just came out. I suspect ringers.

Well, assuming the current rates, I think you could get 80k-100k RP per hour running HE's in IWD. So you're looking at about 50 hours of HE grinding to get a piece of Artifact Gear from zero to Legendary (4.6 million RP). But we also know that Legendary status is only an incremental upgrade, all said and done. So if you think about going to Epic (571k), which is by far the best time/cost/power return on your investment, you're looking at 6 hours depending on how fast you can grind through these things.

Obviously halve that if you save your points and wait for a 2x weekend.

So that's actually far, far, far from your timeline of "to doomsday."

But I know facts are like kryptonite to prettycelt, so I'll step away from the thread. I don't want to get you more upset than you already are.

EDIT: And in before the rant about needing mythic/artifact gear...my alt OP healadin has about a 2700 ilevel, purple artifacts and R7 enchantments and has cleared every T1/T2 multiple times.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was thinking about why they would suddenly put such a rewarding way to farm artifact gear RP into the game ,I wonder if module 7 is going to add artifact armor sets or artifact jewelry which would obviously see the prices skyrocket again , either that or they just miscalculated how popular it would be , either way long may it continue!
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I was thinking about why they would suddenly put such a rewarding way to farm artifact gear RP into the game ,I wonder if module 7 is going to add artifact armor sets or artifact jewelry which would obviously see the prices skyrocket again , either that or they just miscalculated how popular it would be , either way long may it continue!

Well im quite sure we will have artifact mounts next mod.
    The new map will be the greatest map in game.
    They are releasing faster mounts.
    They will still want to sell zen mount.
    Hence artifact mounts. I honestly would be ok with it if the rp situation stays like this.
    I dont see them releasing new artifact gear anytime soon
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Or the new lead designer, Scott, has recognized how frustrating the current RP situation is, has read (and listened) to the overwhelmingly amount of complaints about the system, and is working to answer and alleviate those frustrations.

I know, I know...sounds crazy that the lead designer would want to focus on making the game MORE fun for your average player, but maybe, just maybe he's trying to make the game better.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Something I enjoy doing during these Herd Encounters is aggroing the mobs in the BIG HEs (like the Remorrhaz or Big Black Ice one) as the herd tried to run through it... certainly breaks up the monotony of running around in circles for hours.. :-D
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    edited June 2015
    40 people can take a beholder with relative ease. Anyway I like doing the big, more dangerous encounters. It does in fact break up the monotony.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Keep it up I say. I may actually get some legendary gear this way :)

I applaud the effort. Can't please everyone all of the time but in this case, I think they've please most of us.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Or the new lead designer, Scott, has recognized how frustrating the current RP situation is, has read (and listened) to the overwhelmingly amount of complaints about the system, and is working to answer and alleviate those frustrations.

I know, I know...sounds crazy that the lead designer would want to focus on making the game MORE fun for your average player, but maybe, just maybe he's trying to make the game better.

You might just be on to something.... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • cubestar156cubestar156 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OMG!
    Can you guys stop these complaining? Cryptic for the first time listened to the community, gave us RP without spending cash and you guys are complaining again? just WTF! really, WTF is this?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Players were asking since release of artifact equipment for more ways to farm RP.

Finally, we got added RP rewards to IWD/DV HEs, to dailies & weeklies in Sharandar & Dread Ring, to dungeon chests!

People wanted to be rewarded by actually playing the game not handing out the credit card.

Cryptic listened and did so! And now people are complaining again.
    I don't get it, I really. don't. get. it!

Exactly! Even when Cryptic implements something requested by the players, there will ALWAYS be someone to complain that it could have been done better. Of course, you notice there is no solution offered for a better way to implement more RP drops - only condemnation of the method implemented.

What I have learned at 25+ years in the workforce is that if you are going to complain, offer an alternative solution. Otherwise, you are just a whiner with no purpose . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've not had a problem with the Icewind Dale instances. I think there are still bigger problems in Neverwinter than toons getting prizes.