What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150515a.1

Comments

• Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Now we're getting places. Thank you for bringing the Dreadring and Sharandar equipment back! Hope to see more player power bug fixes in the near future.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    daggon87 wrote: »
    The Sharandar campaign progression has been simplified a lot. I think all parts can be opened in less than a week now.

Generally yes. However gaining sparks is still a grind. I cannot work out why the chest was removed from the Vault of Piety.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    We have been unable to reproduce these issues, can you tell what power specifically seems to be doing it? I would wager that one of your own powers/class features is inappropriately hitting you.

It's not just trans terror, my perfect terror is the same, so I am assuming all terrors are buffing mobs.

On my GF I simply hit a test dummy with cleave and my damage output is reduced, same thing on mobs. Cleave has no buff (mine is at rank 3, no cruel cut style, no combat superiority) and was the only power I used, no mark, no other effects from other players, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    delete....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    We have been unable to reproduce these issues, can you tell what power specifically seems to be doing it? I would wager that one of your own powers/class features is inappropriately hitting you.

It's not just trans terror, my perfect terror is the same, so I am assuming all terrors are buffing mobs.

On my GF I simply hit a test dummy with cleave and my damage output is reduced, same thing on mobs. Cleave has no buff (mine is at rank 3, no cruel cut style, no combat superiority) and was the only power I used, no mark, no other effects from other players, etc.

Have you tested this on live? Maybe if you are using your own in-house version it does not have the bug?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    How about having the daily and weekly quests rewards Seals of the Shadowmantle and Seals of the Fey, similar to the Fallen Dragon Fangs in ToD. Make the weekly reward 9 and each daily 1.

Then keep the costs similar for the new level 70 armor, to help newer players better bridge the gap. Make it a combination of seals/scrips/crescents. At 15 seals each (like the Eternal gear), a new player can expect to run the Sharandar/Dread Ring dailies a bit as they level up, and should have plenty of currency to buy the level 70 sets when they hit 70, which should also help ease the transition into T1 dungeons, as well as WoD and IWD content, but not at the expense of putting off their campaign/boon progression.

Sounds reasonable, and would also enable using up the seals randomly acquired in lairs. I have a lot of these seals scattered about but rarely in quantities where I can buy a bag.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    3 words:

Dragon Hoard Enchantments
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    3 words:

Dragon Hoard Enchantments

5 more words :
    they will never fix them
  • Options
    zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please fix Sanctuary for Paladins in PVP, it is not working correctly. HR and CW can still control and do major damage to you even when in use. Heavy armor, shield, healing on a paladin and cant even handle a cw choking me. It seems like both CW and TR never get fixed properly in this game, really ruining any fun in pvp with really high control and Dps. Not to mention that they both have dodge effect that can waste everyones daily.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was able to view the new Dread Ring gear on the Dread Ring store accessible via the campaign interface as well as in the Dread Ring proper, but I've now forgotten if the merchant was Zoey Fargo or Dell McCourt. I was logged in as a warlock at the time. The issue with there being 2 sets of boots and no helm was in evidence.

I saw something in a recent patch note about a specific class being locked out of some campaign store having been resolved. Is this a similar bug?
    Edit: Last week. HRs hadn't been able to access the Sharandar store. Same problem?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dell McCourt has the new armor in the Dread Ring, or he did when I got what I could of mine yesterday. This was on a cleric, but the helm is missing and replaced with a second greaves.
  • Options
    brotherhades78brotherhades78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was able to view the new Dread Ring gear on the Dread Ring store accessible via the campaign interface as well as in the Dread Ring proper, but I've now forgotten if the merchant was Zoey Fargo or Dell McCourt. I was logged in as a warlock at the time. The issue with there being 2 sets of boots and no helm was in evidence.

I saw something in a recent patch note about a specific class being locked out of some campaign store having been resolved. Is this a similar bug?
    Edit: Last week. HRs hadn't been able to access the Sharandar store. Same problem?

It is Dell that will have the items but at least a few of us seem to have issues with accessing the store, and not sure if it is class related as neither my OP or HR can access the store, it just shows the zone rewards.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Weirdness as far as the Dread Ring store, today I log on and my OP can access the store through the campaign window, but the items are messed up shows gauntlets, armor, and two pair of greaves, but no helmet. Can't access the store by going and talking to Dell and can't access the store at all with the HR.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    arabatur wrote: »
    Generally yes. However gaining sparks is still a grind.

Agreed. The sparks are still the annoying part of the last three Sharandar boons. Having a 100 spark requirement per piece of gear seems excessive.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Any word on multiple justice OP prism's bringing the server to a crawl??

It's crippling when there are 2 justice OP's in a 5 man dungeon, a tank and heal and either we deal with game crushing FPS drop (due to server overload) or someone has to forgo a daily, which isn't optimal at all.

Other note, copied my paladin to preview a little earlier. I was able to see the new gear from the campaign stores remotely.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    GREAT change of additional RP. 1 question - is it BoA, or sellable? Because if you can sell the RP from IWD HEs you have just created a great farming spot for groups of casuals/semi-advanced players (and some solo geared players too) + perhaps cheaper RP for everybody (higher supply) which is exactly what this game needed. If RP from DR/Shar is sellable as well - its definitely a step in the right direction, we need more sources of AD income for less than perfect geared players, that doesnt generate new AD causing inflation, but instead operates on existing AD.
    100% agree with wentris here... Please make it sellable, at least from HEs, it would enliven the open world zones! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Panda bear, some times, you deserve our love and a bamboo branch... and this, is once of those times. :-*
    The Dev team should screen shot this, print it out on nice quality paper, frame it, and put it on the wall near the desk of Panderus... It is that hilarious and awesome! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Only shirt and pants giving more stats than expected? What about Guardian figther, OP and weapon fighter elemental/ burning gear sets? Their stats are way too much than the rest of the classes'.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    great move towards earning RP, thanks Pan and Devs! :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Quick question is there any way that the Tyranny of Dragons Dailies and Weekly quests could maybe have resonance stones added? Since this would greatly help with leveling artifact equipment. Maybe with dailies giving lesser resonance stones(2500) and a weekly quest (Defeating Dragons for example) giving three Resonance stones (15000) or something along those lines. Since the move has been made through Dread Ring and Sharandar to aid in refining artifacts and enchantments it would be nice to have a similar path to aid in refining artifact equipment.
  • Options
    malemonmalemon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2015
    Lots of changes this week! Drowned Shore content polish, new sources for Refinement Points and some performance changes.

Please be sure to join us today at 4pm to test out Tiamat difficulty! If we don't feel its right this go we may remove it until we feel we have tuning down.

Classes and Balance
    • Oathbound Paladin: Aura of Solitude: This power now works as expected.

Content and Environment
    • Drowned Shore
      • Beach Combing: To make this quest consistent with similar quests, gathering salvage no longer grants completion credit to party members. Each party member must find 5 Salvage."
      • Breathless: Increased drop rate for the Necklace of Air Breathing. However, to make it consistent with similar quests, this quest no longer grants completion credit to party members. Each party member must find one item.
      • Cornered by Crabs Heroic Encounter small crabs have an updated frame to show they are tough Heroic Encounter enemies.
      • Enemies associated with Heroic Encounters in the Drowned Shore should now properly despawn when their Heroic Encounter ends. Certain enemies were not getting cleaned up properly, and made some areas much more difficult as a result.
      • Herbal Malady: Resolved an issue with the golden path sometimes unintentionally leading to the wrong place, and confined the second portion of the quest to the Glimmerstone Mine."
      • Stolen Memories: More than tripled the drop rate for Guardsmen's Personal Items, and doubled the amount required for completion.
      • Taking Stock: Added a few more chests of Merchant Wares to make them a little easier to find.
      • The Ravenous Host: Added more Lacedon encounters, and expanded the waypoint to more accurately represent the quest area.
      • Updated the following quests to be more like other "Target" quests. Instead of getting lucky and happening upon one of these named enemies, they must be challenged at certain defined points, and then defeated. We feel that this will alleviate some of the frustration points encountered with these quests: Riptide Molly, The Tidemaster, Deepclaw, Mossy Meg, Maelstrom, Render, Surge, Hullbreaker, Slade
    • Temple of Tiamat: There are now entrance restrictions on the Temple of Tiamat. You must be at least level 70 and have a Total Item Level of 1800 to enter. While this limits who can enter and fight Tiamat, it should significantly improve the chance of success."
    • Temple of Tiamat: Lowered the difficulty of creatures within the Temple of Tiamat by approximately 20%.

Items and Economy
    • Dread Ring
      • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Bag' to the daily quests. This reward pack holds 5,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
      • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Trove' to the weekly quest rewards. This reward pack holds 15,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
      • Added a new set of armor, Thayan Servitor, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 75 Vanguard Scrip, 50 Thayan Scrolls, and 6 Thayan Ciphers per piece.
      • Removed Seals of the Shadowmantle from the drop tables in Valindra's Tower. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of artifact Refinement Stones.
    • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounters now also award Refinement Stones. Awards range from 1,000 Refinement Points for small Heroic Encounters all the way up to 11,000 for the most challenging ones.
    • Newly discovered random weapons and armor that drop in level 60+ zones will now have Armor/Weapon Enchantment slots in them.
    • Resolved an issue wherein some crafted shirts and pants were granting more stats than expected.
    • Resolved an issue wherein some crafted tailoring robes granted more AC than expected of cloth equipment.
    • Sharandar
      • Added a new set of armor, Iliyanbruen, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 100 Feywild Sparks, 9 Abjuring Charms, 9 Vibrant Seedlings, and 9 Iliyanbruen Blades per piece.
      • Daily Quests now award Thaumaturgic Stones worth 2,500 Refinement points each and Lair Quests award 5,000 Refinement Points each.
      • Removed Seals of the Dark Fey from the Drop Tables in Malabog's Castle. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of Thaumaturgic Stones.
    • The Emblem of the Cults can no longer be used from the inventory.
    • The buff icon for level 65 potions now use the appropriate icon.

Performance and Stability
    • Resolved an issue where FX would still try to draw when they should have been throttled to help performance degradation issues. This is most relevant in group content.
    • Updated performance of FX calls that use animation skeleton information such as summoning angels, ghostly armored warrior outlines and the like as well as general particle sprite drawing efficiency.

I am realy impressed regarding those changes, specialy refinement item drops from quest. That will help players alot.
    Also huge + on increasing til requirement for Tiamat, presonaly id go above 2200 or so, but 1800 is still way better then what we have now.
    You could also add more refinement items to all dungeon chests :D that would be great.
    Thank you :D
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    - Dread Ring and Sharandar items are far too costly and take campaign progression items. Sharandar is already one of the longest grinds for boons and unlocks in the game. 100 feywild sparks each means it will take nearly a month to get a full set of that. This isn't an improvement. 6 Thayan Ciphers is almost a full week of DR lairs during which you can't progress your boons or gauntlets. This needs to be rethought. I liked the suggestion someone had of just adding the dark fey/shadowmantle seals to daily/weekly quests and simply updating the armor available for them.

- RP is nice, but frankly, it's the wrong kind. The blocking point nowadays, especially with Hoard enchantments working so poorly and cutting out after an hour, is artifact equipment RP. I don't get enough to even get anywhere on my OP's mainhand/offhand, let alone once I get him an artifact belt and cloak - Not to mention you end up losing on them until they're upgraded a ways since the defense/offense slot doesn't come until Legendary. The supply of these is far too short and upgrading the four items you need to is a horrific slog unless you're rich. I'm not rich.

- There are still a number of issues I haven't even seen acknowledgement on:

- TR Executioner capstone still does not work; stealth recharge speed is not at all increased and Shadow of Demise only procs on Encounters, and only on one enemy. In PvE this is very bad for us. If this was intentional, can we at least get acknowledgement that it was and some sort of justification for why the need was felt to lower PvE TR's effectiveness yet again? Either way, there are encounters like Smoke Bomb that don't even proc Shadow of Demise, and the stealth regen speed increase is still broken and needs to be fixed.

- Lostmauth set is ridiculous and completely out of line. It's so overpowered it's being used by classes who have no use for the belt stats because it's just that ridiculous. Those without it cannot hope to compete with those who do if they're a DPS class unless they're perhaps a CW, or ludicrously overgeared... But then, there are CWs using it, and the ludicrously overgeared. It's overshadowed everything else.

- Prism. Prism is a huge problem. One Prism going during an HE or worse Heralds can cause a twinge of lag if there's enough healers to be reflected, but two or more? Two will cause a huge lag spike in a five-man dungeon. Three or more is freezing instances. I'm tired of my OP not being able to use his dailies in Herald runs. I've worked out how to still manage to get Great Success during Heralds, but it'd be a lot easier if I could actually, I don't know, use my dailies without DDoSing the server. Was in a Remorhaz once in Icewind Pass where at least three went off at once and it took a good two minutes before the server unfroze. It needs to not reflect healing reflected from other Prisms. The feedback loop is making the game unplayable when it happens. A target limit of 10 or so might also be a good idea.

- Justice capstone cooldown reduction is working right on encounter powers, but it's also reducing the cooldowns on artifacts, Tymora's Lucky Coin, and Adorable Pocket Pet. This leads to the possibility of near constant daily uptime and should be fixed, nice as it is for soloing. :P

- Overall difficulty this mod is still too high. While things *can* be completed, it takes so long that the often paltry rewards aren't worth the time spent attempting to gain them.

- AD income from playing the game rather than playing the AH has dwindled to nothing while the costs of everything have skyrocketed. I have no idea how new players progress at all.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Added a new set of armor, Thayan Servitor, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 75 Vanguard Scrip, 50 Thayan Scrolls, and 6 Thayan Ciphers per piece.

I just wanted to point out that the entire set of that armor will cost more than getting all the boons for that campaign. And it is worse than the armor you get from t1 dungeons. Is that truly intended? Seems like a huge discrepancy between effort and reward.
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just wanted to point out that the entire set of that armor will cost more than getting all the boons for that campaign. And it is worse than the armor you get from t1 dungeons. Is that truly intended? Seems like a huge discrepancy between effort and reward.

as expected.

Did you see it on the preview shard?
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    blag001 wrote: »
    as expected.

Did you see it on the preview shard?

I don't need to. The patch notes say it all. T1 dungeon gear is item level 130, this thayan gear 120. A daily lair in dread ring gives you 1 cipher, 5 scrolls and 3 scrips. So you would need to grind for a week at least to get one piece of that armor, and you would give up boon progression for it because the boons need the same currency.
    I can't imagine anyone ever going for that gear except if they really like the cosmetics.
  • Options
    traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2015
    I don't need to. The patch notes say it all. T1 dungeon gear is item level 130, this thayan gear 120. A daily lair in dread ring gives you 1 cipher, 5 scrolls and 3 scrips. So you would need to grind for a week at least to get one piece of that armor, and you would give up boon progression for it because the boons need the same currency.
    I can't imagine anyone ever going for that gear except if they really like the cosmetics.

Not to mention the Grym PVP gear is only 6 tokens(6 daily wins) for 4 pieces of gear and item level 130 with superior stats to the 120 even with tenacity subbing it. There's in fact no reason to spend 40 days to acquire both sets of gear, because you can get the 135 PVP Burning set in 27 days.

I don't know what they were thinking with this entire thing it's not helping new players at all. Hell even the crafted level 25 armor set is level 122 and better then this garbage >.> Maybe if they made it item level 61 to wear like the Eternal Set.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What it is helping are those people that do not like PVP or will not PvP, and also that do not like dungeons. Those types of casual players or altoholics will benefit from the new armors. Some people prefer to only do the campaigns in the game.
This discussion has been closed.