test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150515a.1

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Lots of changes this week! Drowned Shore content polish, new sources for Refinement Points and some performance changes.

Please be sure to join us today at 4pm to test out Tiamat difficulty! If we don't feel its right this go we may remove it until we feel we have tuning down.

Classes and Balance
  • Oathbound Paladin: Aura of Solitude: This power now works as expected.

Content and Environment
  • Drowned Shore
    • Beach Combing: To make this quest consistent with similar quests, gathering salvage no longer grants completion credit to party members. Each party member must find 5 Salvage."
    • Breathless: Increased drop rate for the Necklace of Air Breathing. However, to make it consistent with similar quests, this quest no longer grants completion credit to party members. Each party member must find one item.
    • Cornered by Crabs Heroic Encounter small crabs have an updated frame to show they are tough Heroic Encounter enemies.
    • Enemies associated with Heroic Encounters in the Drowned Shore should now properly despawn when their Heroic Encounter ends. Certain enemies were not getting cleaned up properly, and made some areas much more difficult as a result.
    • Herbal Malady: Resolved an issue with the golden path sometimes unintentionally leading to the wrong place, and confined the second portion of the quest to the Glimmerstone Mine."
    • Stolen Memories: More than tripled the drop rate for Guardsmen's Personal Items, and doubled the amount required for completion.
    • Taking Stock: Added a few more chests of Merchant Wares to make them a little easier to find.
    • The Ravenous Host: Added more Lacedon encounters, and expanded the waypoint to more accurately represent the quest area.
    • Updated the following quests to be more like other "Target" quests. Instead of getting lucky and happening upon one of these named enemies, they must be challenged at certain defined points, and then defeated. We feel that this will alleviate some of the frustration points encountered with these quests: Riptide Molly, The Tidemaster, Deepclaw, Mossy Meg, Maelstrom, Render, Surge, Hullbreaker, Slade
  • Temple of Tiamat: There are now entrance restrictions on the Temple of Tiamat. You must be at least level 70 and have a Total Item Level of 1800 to enter. While this limits who can enter and fight Tiamat, it should significantly improve the chance of success."
  • Temple of Tiamat: Lowered the difficulty of creatures within the Temple of Tiamat by approximately 20%.

Items and Economy
  • Dread Ring
    • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Bag' to the daily quests. This reward pack holds 5,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
    • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Trove' to the weekly quest rewards. This reward pack holds 15,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
    • Added a new set of armor, Thayan Servitor, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 75 Vanguard Scrip, 50 Thayan Scrolls, and 6 Thayan Ciphers per piece.
    • Removed Seals of the Shadowmantle from the drop tables in Valindra's Tower. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of artifact Refinement Stones.
  • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounters now also award Refinement Stones. Awards range from 1,000 Refinement Points for small Heroic Encounters all the way up to 11,000 for the most challenging ones.
  • Newly discovered random weapons and armor that drop in level 60+ zones will now have Armor/Weapon Enchantment slots in them.
  • Resolved an issue wherein some crafted shirts and pants were granting more stats than expected.
  • Resolved an issue wherein some crafted tailoring robes granted more AC than expected of cloth equipment.
  • Resolved some cases where a companion or enchantment powers would multiply with themselves to deal more damage than intended.
  • Sharandar
    • Added a new set of armor, Iliyanbruen, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 100 Feywild Sparks, 9 Abjuring Charms, 9 Vibrant Seedlings, and 9 Iliyanbruen Blades per piece.
    • Daily Quests now award Thaumaturgic Stones worth 2,500 Refinement points each and Lair Quests award 5,000 Refinement Points each.
    • Removed Seals of the Dark Fey from the Drop Tables in Malabog's Castle. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of Thaumaturgic Stones.
  • The Emblem of the Cults can no longer be used from the inventory.
  • The buff icon for level 65 potions now use the appropriate icon.

Performance and Stability
  • Resolved an issue where FX would still try to draw when they should have been throttled to help performance degradation issues. This is most relevant in group content.
  • Resolved a server disconnect that could occur when connecting to a PvP map in some cases.
  • Updated performance of FX calls that use animation skeleton information such as summoning angels, ghostly armored warrior outlines and the like as well as general particle sprite drawing efficiency.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    The .1 is being applied to Preview shortly.

These are the new issues resolved with the .1
    Items: Resolved some cases where a companion or enchantment powers would multiply with themselves to deal more damage than intended.
    Performance and Stability: Resolved a server disconnect that could occur when connecting to a PvP map in some cases.
  • Options
    kuppelknechtkuppelknecht Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont believe it. Since mod 6 release Guardian Fighter is bugy, when do you fix it?? Every week we see other classes get fixe or anything but gf nothing....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    metalldjt wrote: »
    this is really a good patch for the content, it would've been awesome if we had this from the beginin of the mod, but eh, better now than never.

i'm lookin forward for the next patch notes.
    and hope feytouch is fixed:p

btw: i want the redcap armor and bracers, if there is a way to make them for Great Weapon Fighter, that would be great.

are the new sets from Dread ring and Sharandar different from what we had? they look different or the same?

Feytouched we have a solution in the works.

DR/SHA armor is the same cosmetically as the previous ones.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @panderus, Paladin's at-wills Valorous Strike and Oathbound Strike do not benefit from ranks. Paladin'sJustice feats Flash of Light and Vengeful Judge reduce artifact cooldowns. Please take a look at these bugs, thanks.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote:
    Newly discovered random weapons and armor that drop in level 60+ zones will now have Armor/Weapon Enchantment slots in them.

Does this mean that green items will have these slots as well, or did you mean to say "Rare" instead of "Random"?

The addition of RP to the IWD HEs is a welcome change. Perhaps it would be best to add such rewards to the ToD, WoD, and EE HEs as well?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I reported that legendary augments do not gain stats as they go from lvl 35 to lvl 40 but I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. Can you confirm if it is a bug or working as intended?
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Oathbound Paladin: Aura of Solitude: This power now works as expected.

Whereas Sanctuary still does not! Or is it really working as intended?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lots of changes this week! Drowned Shore content polish, new sources for Refinement Points and some performance changes.
    Items and Economy
    • Dread Ring
    • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Bag' to the daily quests. This reward pack holds 5,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
    • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Trove' to the weekly quest rewards. This reward pack holds 15,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
    • Removed Seals of the Shadowmantle drops, /now exchanged for a bag of artifact Refinement Stones.
    • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounters now also award Refinement Stones. Awards range from 1,000 Refinement Points for small Heroic Encounters all the way up to 11,000 for the most challenging ones.
    • Daily Quests now award Thaumaturgic Stones worth 2,500 Refinement points each and Lair Quests award 5,000 Refinement Points each.
    • Removed Seals of the Dark Fey drops, /now exchanged for a bag of Thaumaturgic Stones.

Nice. We needed this RP .. of course, this week I used all my saved dark fey keys getting Feytouched shards. Doh. =(

Can we get some RP rewards in 'eligible' foundries? Or some other un-exploitable RP in foundries? So they can be a part of the endgame too? =D =D =D

RP still needed
    - Protecting the Portal - Harper WOD Weekly
    - Biggrins Tomb - IWPass
    - The Need for Mead - CaerKonig
    - Foundry! =D

I also bought Lostmauth 3pc. So please don't nerf it. Make new 3pc's to be as good as it. ;D

edit: oh. are Need for Mead and Biggrins the Daily/Weekly in IWD? Or the TT/AB /PVP ones?

I guess I'll find out.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Feytouched we have a solution in the works.

DR/SHA armor is the same cosmetically as the previous ones.

Yeah clearly you guys are fixing issues that should have been on Day 1! Kudos man! Its good to see clearly steps are moving in the right direction. Made previous modules more relevant again.

Fey in the works? Good to hear! What about Vorpal as well. I tested this yesterday (Trans) and it still DEBUFFED by attack after a crit....

Seems like its buffing the targets DR and mayeb their damage as well when it should DEBUFF their DR and damage? Or it MAY be reducing MY damage (however there is no debuff on me) which is what makes me think its the opposite - the debuff is actually a "buff".

Fey fix would be AWESOME!

Keep up the good work and PLEASE dont stop listening to players and spending time on the forums. :)
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trans Terror and Trans Plague Fire also bugged still and are buffing mobs / debuffing owner.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is one problem with the armor set in Dread Ring for the DC. There are two greaves, exactly the same, and no helm.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good call on making the Target quests into challenges. The ones in Firey Pit/Spinward Rise obviously worked much better from day one.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good to see that you're moving the ball forward. Can we get an update on whether you're looking at these two issues:

1. General difficulty of open-world solo content
    2. General difficulty of dungeon content
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A disappointment again.

Overall difficulty not addressed again.

Where is the promised content, those dungeons? And i am not even asking the promised 4 big things and other stuff stated a few months ago.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Panderus,
    ty for the RPs =).
    btw
    the last patch broke DC's hastening light. It is not working anymore and the effect of the offhand also don't working.
    I hope you also have seen the insane damage of the companion which you can buy with PVP glory... It kill with one hit lostmauth and everythink^^ (It do sometimes over 1 billion damage)
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • Options
    makalon2851makalon2851 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Any word about icy terrain with 4 power points not targeting the enemy when used in spell mastery???
  • Options
    araraguyararaguy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Whilst these new changes to the campaign areas are nice the armour sets aren't, the Sharandar helmet and boots have no HP stat and the Dread Ring helmet in not showing up. I also think that these armour sets are rather pointless to newer players since saving the campaign currency up means no boon progression and even then it'll take 24 days for an entire set if you skip boons.

If a player wished for both boons and the armour it would take a fresh level 70 almost TWO MONTHS, I highly doubt any new player would wait that long when you can either aim for eternal armour(which doesn't require limited boon currency) or random blue drops in levelling dungeon/AH and then Alliance gear.

Realistically the Sharandar/Dread Ring sets should be purchasable without currency that is needed for boons.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I don't think new players actually are the target for these DR/Shar armors, but long-time players who may have an excess of leftover currency from running those areas beyond what was required for their boons. I could currently buy the DR stuff multiple times on each character if I wanted, on characters that I never started in WoD, which means the path to Eternal gear for them has at least one Cult Prison run blocking it.

I would also think they're largely a way of putting back in gear cosmetics that have been lost. Which, honestly, there needs to be a lot more of done.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited May 2015
    The Emblem of the Cults can no longer be used from the inventory
    IT be nice to know what the Emblem of The Cults is supposed to actually do. Vague Tool Tips seems to be a problem after all.

Since it doesn't really do anything (it summons a visual effect for a moment), the tooltip basically does tell you exactly what it does. We just have higher expectations, I guess. It's pretty much like the D20 except cheaper. A novelty.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello take a look also to lostmauth set which is the only set boost damage and i talk about numbers up to 20%.( From when artifacts sets are an extra encounter)?
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tousseau wrote: »

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how do the stats look compared to the other sets available?
    (Currently,at work, living vicariously through those who can get on now...)

The set has about 2000 more HP than the eternal set, no recovery, about 200-300 more crit and armor pen, about the same defense and power, and about 400 less life steal.

Another issue, when I opened the dread ring artifact trove that I got for completing the weekly quest, the refinement stones did not go into my inventory, they just disappeared.
  • Options
    araraguyararaguy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't think new players actually are the target for these DR/Shar armors, but long-time players who may have an excess of leftover currency from running those areas beyond what was required for their boons. I could currently buy the DR stuff multiple times on each character if I wanted, on characters that I never started in WoD, which means the path to Eternal gear for them has at least one Cult Prison run blocking it.

I would also think they're largely a way of putting back in gear cosmetics that have been lost. Which, honestly, there needs to be a lot more of done.

Which is silly because of right now the gear progression path for fresh 70's is somewhat like this: buy rare 70's from AH or farm the insanely easy/boring levelling dungeons>>>farm weeks for Eternal gear or do T1s if you're lucky, to me that's not really progressive as I thought that the DR/Sharandar zones were meant to be an in-between. Is there a reason why rare 70 items do no drop outside of dungeons?
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    From what I can tell of the armor sets (and partly assuming that some of the stats did not get applied correctly).. then DR appears to be a slight bump up from Eternal armor but focuses on ArP. The Shandar set has some same slight bump up for focuses on Crit (really hoping the loss of hp on two of the pieces was a mistake).

It is now also appears possible to acquire a random piece Eternal armor, for your class and level, from the ToD campaign on a 20 hour interval.

Errors already noted is another boot showing in the store in place of a helm, incorrect class armor showing in Shandar for GWF, etc.

I really hope that instead of this gear being BoP, that it is converted to BoA.

Side note: You only appear to be able to buy the RP bags for 25 seals (so anyone with less than 25 seals in their inventory is unfortunately out of luck.. at least on this build).
  • Options
    brotherhades78brotherhades78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    one issue I ran into, with both my OP and HR the options to purchase the items in Dread Ring is not there, all it lists is show zone rewards on the vendor. the shop part is missing. I did run into an issue with the patch where I lost connection before it finished but it appeared to resume the patch once I reconnected so I am not sure if that might be what caused the problem.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not really seeing any kind of improvement here, not much is conducive to a casual player really.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
This discussion has been closed.