What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Elemental Evil Upcoming Changes and Roadmap

Comments

• daphnesnowbourndaphnesnowbourn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Devoted Cleric
    Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds

Don't know what happened to my previous post that I worked so hard on. Clerics are squishy enough as it is, don't limit the one good thing that we got out of the last mod. I may be wrong, but I don't see any limit at all on the time that TRs, can be invisible. Allowing them to kill you, and not being able to do anything about it. Also there doesn't appear to be any limit on the amount of time that a wizard can keep me incapacitated by either freezing me, or strangling me in a whirl wind. I would like to know what the difference is? Is it because they are all fighter classes, and DC are expected to be weak, and food for the big dogs??? Well to bad we had one thing, and you took it away from us. I guess now if I do Geas, and it even hits, once my ten seconds up I should just expect to be tied up until I die, by some wizards whirlwind, while some invisible freak beats on me.

Also it takes 3 hits, to become empowered, so if we hit three times, what are we supposed to do, stop, minimize the game, so we can see the clock, and wait until the 30 seconds are up, before hitting them with the final empowered hit? You have basically taken empowered away from Geas in PVP, are you going to disable empowered, on everyone elses powers as well?
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This set of proposed changes mostly looks good, but how about making bags bind to account not bind to character and roll back the nerf to dragon hoard sure... you cramp the style of the exploiter's but the result is punishing average players too. how about making dragon horde 0 cool down in dungeons, so many cash grab actions that are going to drive away casual spenders, and the free to play players that the bigger cash spenders sell Zen and Zen items to , which reminds me also since removing all of the Dungeons we could run quickly to earn ad salvage items you are also going to make it so that no one has ad to spend on then items purchased by your cash players if the grind to play can't get anything they're going to stop playing, and then the pay to win have no one to sell their stuff to, need higher salvage value on the Limited dungeon reward items thank you oh and how about making it so that trash mobs in your dungeons cannot one shot kill players that are in gear which exceeds the minimum gear level by over 50% , and what is the deal with nerfing Geas's control factor? If you are going to do that how about you make any one player only capable of being affected by any specific CC power in PvP once every 30 seconds I'm sick of five tr in Gauntlegrym spamming smoke and other control powers more specifically stuns or being constantly frozen by 2 CW's working together and how about nerfing impossible to catch so that TR's can actually be affected by CC powers like everyone else not cool that they can be immune to control powers but perma-stun others, right now PvP is pretty much team with the most or the best TR's wins. I'm not usually one to complain about PvP but it is BS that I finally get a character I like playing and you're taking away one of the things that makes it viable in PvP, not cool

****, why are you people not ussing commas, Dear God !
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    edited May 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    Glad for the communication. Please consider this. Every new players that joins my guild asks about where to get gear and best quests to do. The conversation always ends in, just wait till you get 70 and have artifact gear. Then its gonna be a long, expensive grind. This does not motivate people. You're number one goal should be to get players running through content again.

1. Add Artifact Refinement items to EVERY daily (talking about 61-69 hourly quests too). Refinement and the amount needed is such a huge frustration point I need a new thread to go over. Just listen, players are getting tired of trying to find enough refinement to level 4 new items to legendary. I get that top gear shouldn't come easy, however it also shouldn't cost over $5000. Adding a lesser stone to all the daily isn't going to kill the bank. It will however give players some incentive to do them and see some (minor) progress toward getting their gear. Also its alot harder for a bot to run dailies than farm foundries.
    2. Add Artifact refinement to 5 man dungeons. Want people to group up and run these things? Add RP. Each boss should drop a Blue at minimum. Make it bound for all i care but add it. Also gives pvp'er reason to run with pve'ers and do content
    3. Remove 1 potion restriction. I can't see how this will hurt anything, but we can start getting rid of these things in our inventory faster
    4. Remove white pearls, seriously it takes over 4million RP to lvl something. a 100 RP drop that is taking up the now limited dragon hoard drops is an insult
    5. add weapon, mount, companion dyes to zen store. Go nutz, this is a great way to increase revenue without creating power creep. Just look at how good black dye does on the zen store.
    6. enchantments, won't go into to much here, it has already been stated many times. Look armor/weapon enchants again and make some tweaks.
    7. Please expand on known issues. There are many forum warriors here that report bugs/exploits/everything and we have no idea of what is being looked at, achowledged or is WAI. I'm not asked you all to list exploits but a running known issues log would be so very helpful. Alot of our frustration is the unknown.
    8. any pvp updates at all? If you are prioritizing other stuff thats ok, just throw us a bone with what you are planning
    9. There are some things that need to be updated with mod 6 changes:
    a. Hero's Feast. HP needs to scale and power.
    b. Tymora's coin. Stats aren't scaling, not worth a belt slot
    c. Pocket pet.
    d. Blue/purple leadership chests, need to update drop table
    e. Gift of tymora/Gift of Gods. Need to be updated, not giving resources appropriate for new levels. Rank 4s instead of rank 5s etc
    f. Companions, across the board. Look at the active bonus and then look at new stat curve. Adjust as neccessary

Just my ideas on how to make the game more enjoyable again.

Some awesome ideas here. Points 3/4/6 are my favourites :)

2). Yes. I am panzer!
    edited May 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I agree, I feel the difficulty has overshot the mark by a bit. Especially for solo dailies. There is no reason for these to be gruelingly difficult or a source of player frustration.

I'm willing to concede that, this is perhaps a method of leaving room for expanding gear score so as to not make all the content trivial sometime in the future. If this is the case, then the focus is on the wrong thing. A frustrated player might not be willing to wait for things to get easier as gear scores inflate down the line. Solutions need to be available now, even if it might create new problems later. Those can be dealt with if or when they happen.

From what I've heard there's a rule that makes one do some minor damage (like 20% of what it should be without the limit) for a mob that's 2 level's above yours.

So in fact looking at IWD or WOD mobs, they're lvl 73, we need to do some serious hacking in order to put it down. While it's not THAT hard for some classes, it's certainly hard for fresh lvl 70. And these guys can;t really do their dailies to earn boons and anything because they will die from archers before they can kill one mele brute...

I don;t really understand why it's scaled so roughly. I mean, 1/5 th of the damage (I may be rwong here...) dealt? That's a bit over the line. Forcing people to group up to do dailies is not fun, and a lot of players are willing to come back nad play again when it's toned down a bit.

Just my 2 pln's :)

2). Yes. I am panzer!
    edited May 2015
    Totally agree here, before Mod 6 my HR also an archer Storm Warden build could solo any of the Dread Ring Lairs, now even the one I could solo the easiest Phantasmal Fortress is impossible for me to solo with my HR yet I have soloed them all with my Devotion Oath Paladin, because every third hit I get a massive amount of healing and sanctuary will also heal me so I can survive better with my OP than either of my other characters the Storm warden Archer HR or my Iron Vanguard Conqueror GF both have issues that Mod 6 have introduced, never realized how much both were relying on life steal/regen since it was not something I actively chased with either one of their gear, but with both being weakened and changed it is apparent how much the old system helped to keep me alive.

So I find most of my play time is devoted to my OP and still running the daily lair with a group on my GF to hopefully get the Eye of Lathander, other than that my HR and GF are largely being used for professions, and invoking.

For your GF...try out the Swordmaster. Steel Defence + Fighter's Recovery combo will make you a LOT harder to kill - trust me.
    You can go full Conq + few points here and there and still be able to solo these instances.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there going to be a full Tiamat artifact set? At present, Tiamat's Orb of Majesty lists set items and their bonuses including a Tiamat Sash and Amulet of Tiamat's Demise. I believe they were mentioned in the artifact gear blog in the run-up to Mod 6, too. However, neither the belt nor cloak/amulet seem to exist in collections or anywhere else, which is a shame given that the 3-piece incoming and outgoing heal bonus would be very nice on a cleric or heal-paladin. Please, will they be making their way into the game, have I missed them somewhere, or are they lost somewhere on the ethereal plane forevermore?
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is what has appeared in mmorpg this week:

Neverwinter : Lead Designer Scott Shicoff Talks Elemental Evil Changes
    Posted May 14, 2015 by Suzie Ford
    Neverwinter Lead Designer Scott Shicoff has penned a forward look at changes coming to the Elemental Evil module that caused an uproar with the community when it was released. Not long after, Shicoff apologized to the player base and promised that the game would be fixed.

Making good on that promise, Shicoff wrote:

It's been a few weeks since the last time I wrote to you all, and I wanted to provide an update. As I mentioned in Neverwinter: Looking into Elemental Evil, one of my first tasks on the project would be to evaluate the state of the game, and help the team figure out areas and aspects of Neverwinter that need attention. We've been listening to the community, and I'm happy to say we've started making positive changes. As I mentioned in the previous post, some elements will be addressed before others; some tasks will require additional time to get right.

This week, players will see big alterations in the way that several classes play including the Oathbound Paladin, Scourge Warlock, Devoted Cleric, Control Wizard and Hunter Ranger. Several skill changes are most notably affected for each.

So where are these 'big' class changes that players will see this week?

I would suggest that a minor bug fix to the SW is not a "big alteration"

Let's keep it in reality, and back up big words with big actions please.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Big actions take time. And this game is not going to be fixed of all of it's problems in weeks, months maybe. And I mean maybe.... I would say give it at least a half year.

That's pretty much where I am at, they have pretty much till the end of 2015 to get this game in a happier place.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ~sigh~
    Words versus actions: words can be blurted out livestream. This is programming and bug-hunting and so on: so the "actions" take a long time. Just because a Dev says they'll do something doesn't mean it can happen overnight.

Hence I stand with @ogarious: this is going to take a while. So it's up to you to be patient and deal with any delay, or go run off to somewhere else for a time. As I had said before this train wreck went live: this is going to be an uncomfortable bumpy ride for a long time. Cryptic has already heard the shrill shouts of displeasure; they get it. They are working on it. Continuing the shrill shouts (in any form) is just wasted breath and won't make anything good or bad happen any faster.

So you must decide if the game is still "fun enough" for you to grin and bear it, or not.

For me: I'm willing to ride the choppy seas until things smooth-out and calm down. In other words: I think it's still worth hanging around and playing the game.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And you need your own thread? The sticky isn't good enough for you?

Today's patch notes show the devs care about player's opinion. Lots of small fixes, some are long overdue, like the cleric ones. It's a small step but it's in the right direction. The official news is also full of good stuff. But it will take time.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For those whom complain this takes too long - Have you tried coding? Have you done 3d animations?

Devs have a job to do, and it takes awhile. A lot of you are expecting them to be also Customer Service at the same time, a different department.

This is like standing around your car complaining to the mechanic it's not fixed yet as you sip that free cup of coffee from the lounge.

Steady progress is good. I'd rather they not rush it.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For those whom complain this takes too long - Have you tried coding? Have you done 3d animations?

Devs have a job to do, and it takes awhile. A lot of you are expecting them to be also Customer Service at the same time, a different department.

This is like standing around your car complaining to the mechanic it's not fixed yet as you sip that free cup of coffee from the lounge.

It sure didn't take them long to break the game...... So yes I would expect them to address the issues pretty quickly.

If this were a car, it would be back at the factory not being looked at by a mechanic. They would be out of coffee before any of these issue could be fixed.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ashnvf wrote: »
    It sure didn't take them long to break the game...... So yes I would expect them to address the issues pretty quickly.

If this were a car, it would be back at the factory not being looked at by a mechanic. They would be out of coffee before any of these issue could be fixed.

The flaws introduced by Mod6 were not intentional in most cases, but a result of very bad time-drivers which caused a rush to market of a product that simply wasn't ready. To fix such a thing, it usually requires a lot of code refactoring (that is, rewriting code to do the same thing, but in a different way - usually to make it more efficient: AKA - not as laggy and also easier to spot and repair defects) in addition to new code.

I suggest anyone who thinks they know better than the existing developers how to fix the game, particularly anyone who has such a vast set of experience and skills that such a task would be deemed "easy" should proceed to this page with all haste:

https://crypticstudios.com/openings
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lyaise wrote: »
    This is what has appeared in mmorpg this week:

Neverwinter : Lead Designer Scott Shicoff Talks Elemental Evil Changes
    Posted May 14, 2015 by Suzie Ford

This week, players will see big alterations in the way that several classes play including the Oathbound Paladin, Scourge Warlock, Devoted Cleric, Control Wizard and Hunter Ranger. Several skill changes are most notably affected for each.

So where are these 'big' class changes that players will see this week?

I would suggest that a minor bug fix to the SW is not a "big alteration"

Let's keep it in reality, and back up big words with big actions please.

Oh sht - they finally finally fixed deflect on rank 4 lone wolf working in right direction - as designed and as in tooltip. OMG it took then 3 month to fix one fkn bug where you need to change from -10% deflect to +5% deflect. Yeah. so I assume with this speed they will have "positive" fixes in HR not having all other bugs in like half-year for bugs introduces in mod 6
    Rubbing my head and calculating how long it will take them to fix bugs present since mod 4 aka pathfinder ...
    kvet wrote: »
    I suggest anyone who thinks they know better than the existing developers how to fix the game, particularly anyone who has such a vast set of experience and skills that such a task would be deemed "easy" should proceed to this page with all haste:

I can tell you for sure that fixing - to + is not a big change for bug reported every week since February ( guess why). They just never listened. that big change he is talking is actually normal process in any good company that cares about their product (guess why again).
    In fact these bugs are present for 3 reason - no one is testing or even checking code and no one cares/read player testing feedback. And finally - they accept idea that they can release piece of sht to players and call it a 'most big and exciting release ever'. In fact after this it does not matter who is at fault - devs, testing, support, PR or old or new managers. It just a fail without any justification.

And yeah by that part - they are full. no one is needed for whatever reason. Anyway this is not 'dream team' by the way they 'fix' things.

So for the best - enjoy the bumpy ride. or come and check the progress once a week I do - cause well there is no joy in playing such broken game to me.
    For now they start to listen and do something. Will they ever do good "only God knows"
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jimmyhar wrote: »
    Did you read the patch notes?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?931231-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-10&p=10954041#post10954041

Some significant changes there. It's a good start.

I sure did, and that's why the words don't match the actions.

"This week, players will see big alterations in the way that several classes play including the Oathbound Paladin, Scourge Warlock, Devoted Cleric, Control Wizard and Hunter Ranger. Several skill changes are most notably affected for each".

I didn't write this, Scott Shicoff did, it's here: around two thirds of the way down in the game news:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm

note: Scott specifically states "this week...big alterations for classes OP, SW, DC, CW, HR.... several skill changes are most notably affected for each"

So I'm asking where are these? If I look at the actual patch noted for SW for example, all that's there is a single bug fix.

Are there other patch notes this week that I've missed? If so please link them.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • caomhinmcccaomhinmcc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i have read alot of comments about item level score and difficulty ....perhaps a gate that put similar level gear scores in the same area...ie 1800-2000, 2000-2200, 2200-2500, 2600 above, that way you create a learning curve by default ....as you gear up your chances for success also increase...this might remove some of the complaints in the tiamat encounter....(we use to do this as a community before with finding the time for similar gs such as 1:07 for gs 22k and above)
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    that's what they consider major changes. one bug fix, or one bug fix that causes another bug. big exciting major changes guys.
    edited May 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    The flaws introduced by Mod6 were not intentional in most cases, but a result of very bad time-drivers which caused a rush to market of a product that simply wasn't ready. To fix such a thing, it usually requires a lot of code refactoring (that is, rewriting code to do the same thing, but in a different way - usually to make it more efficient: AKA - not as laggy and also easier to spot and repair defects) in addition to new code.

lol good one, they fired half their staff during the development of mod6.

oh wait you were serious? let me laugh even harder..
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Office drama like that isn't generally known to improve the product you know. And the people getting axed probably had other things on their mind than writing solid code and documenting their work for the benefit of the replacement crew...
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2015

While I agree with this, there is still the issue of NOT properly testing the said code before steam rolling it out. That is the root of the problem. A proper time frame of pre-release testing would have avoided the need to debug their code in the live environment to the extent they now have to deal with. As it is, this is running purely as open beta since WE do the testing and NOT them. This game is worth saving but unless the open beta frame of mind is changed, it will always be plagued with issues. Professionals release working code to save themselves from the headaches of mass debugging. I don't see that approach here. This game has so much potential that will never be met if the way code is rolled out doesn't get a revamp.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Thank you, guys, for understanding and seeing that we're actively working on the issues that M6 brought in. Not only are we increasing communication, but the developers are hard at work and are not only listening to you guys, but acting on it.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think we all appreciate you guys actively working on these issues. But the problem still persists. When you guys fix a bug, the fix itself often creates more bugs. Please see the preview posts to see that the fixes for some of the rank 4s broke them in other ways.

It'd nice when fixes are deployed, it simply fixes the bug rather than causing more bugs. Based on the bugs reported, they seem to be scenarios where test cases should have caught it immediately.
  • lordsilveroaklordsilveroak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The mc was fine till the dragon was at 1/3 left and flew then entire party froze till we were all dead. We had it no portals or deaths till then.
    The lack of playable content in dungeons is really a drag.
    We see your trying but your lag fix didn't work.

Silver Oak
  • bettarghbettargh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pls fix gauntlgrym pvp campaign..cant score anymore double kills/triple kills, nerf the adds health pool !
    Azral Ironforge@ Guardian FIghter Level 70
    Norbir Hammerblow@Oathbound Paladin Level 70
  • knightnight2knightnight2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm happy that changes are being made and the communication is improving greatly and the player base is being listened to. I still have confidence that changes will be made and we'll be back to a game enjoyed by the vast majority of players. At the moment I'm really just doing professions, the weekly missions in Sharandar and Dread Ring, or just killing Heralds (when enough players are around).

In my view, WOD is too hard and IWD is way too hard - particularly for some of us that don't always want to "party up" - really the only way to do these without endless frustration. I don't mind Heralds being so hard (Dragons should be an epic challenge) but the Beholder and Remorhaz are just OP, one-shot killers of large swathes of supposedly legendary heroes and giving out terrible rewards. I just don't bother with any of the dungeon tasks in WOD or IWD now - which I used to enjoy, even repetitively. Even mining for black ice is so perilous for some of my character classes (I have all classes at level 70) that I just don't bother with those missions anymore. Of all my classes, the full archer Stormwarden, who used to kick some butt, is now unplayable - still dishes out damage, but can't take the hits and with life steal now altered, dies fast and often. No-one wants them in a party either, since everyone has worked this out. Scourge Warlock definitely needs a revision as well. I'd like to think that all the paragon paths would be viable and have some merit, but in many classes now, you only really have very few viable build options to be decent at end game - that needs a review.
    edited May 2015
    Not only are we increasing communication,

when is this going to start? just curious