test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Elemental Evil Upcoming Changes and Roadmap

Comments

• eregerogeregerog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    1. Add Artifact Refinement items to EVERY daily (talking about 61-69 hourly quests too). Refinement and the amount needed is such a huge frustration point I need a new thread to go over. Just listen, players are getting tired of trying to find enough refinement to level 4 new items to legendary. I get that top gear shouldn't come easy, however it also shouldn't cost over $5000. Adding a lesser stone to all the daily isn't going to kill the bank. It will however give players some incentive to do them and see some (minor) progress toward getting their gear. Also its alot harder for a bot to run dailies than farm foundries.
    2. Add Artifact refinement to 5 man dungeons. Want people to group up and run these things? Add RP. Each boss should drop a Blue at minimum. Make it bound for all i care but add it. Also gives pvp'er reason to run with pve'ers and do content
    Agreed! By adding RP to dungeons, skrimishes and dailies you wouldn't break the refining system or the process of refining up too much. And such a change would make the players less reliant on RP-farming bots that just hurt the game.

But otherwise the list of changes seems nice.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi All,

Jumping in here quickly to say thank you for the continued feedback. We (both the developers and the comms team) know that there's a lot of chatter regarding M6 and requested changes. To pull the curtain back slightly to how this works, the team has been scrimmaging following the launch to see what we can do to ensure the game meets both the community requests and their game vision. As some of you may know, game development takes time and Cryptic is taking the steps to make several adjustments to improve the experience. Scott outlined several in his blog, but those shouldn't be considered the only items that are being actioned on.

Keep the discussion going. Both Andy and myself (as well as the developers) are keeping our eyes on the forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc for key points of feedback (positive or constructive) and will do our best to make sure you all have a great experience.

Alex

Easy enough, re-release mod 5 like 6 never ever happened. ie...click restore point wayyy back :)

Then go into the war room and bring mod 6,7 and 8 into existance that reveals all the power the devs certainly have in their creativity etc in re-released new zones that are progressively tougher. No one wants to return to areas they have conquered to have to reconquer. The familiarity of zones is a big part of the enjoyment of the game as well as engaging and challenging new zones with new visuals.

Many players play these games not to add to life's difficulties but to bring relief to it..make sense??
    The Nietzsche principle...happiness is the expression of power. Of resistance overcome...resistance...Not overbearing oppression.

Keep it simple... :)
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OK....
    I know that there are more fixes to come... but these ones don't help with the game major issues right now.
    I hope to see some things about dungeons difficulty and the new armors sets... the way the things are you need to own lvl 70 epic armor set to go into the insage dungeons to try to get the lvl 70 epic set... so, if I don't have it yet how I can join those dungeons?
    Oh, the PvP sets? And if I don't like to PvP? Will it be mandatory to get a basic armor set to alow you to face the new difficulty?
    Even a queue to give it a try to a random group become a problem, I know a player that was kicked 3 times in a row from different groups after beat boss.... this is VERY demotivational and frustrating, and people will avoid to join random queues because if this and eventually quiting the game.

And a sugestion. Make the Timora Coin, Pocket Pet and others buff helpers upgradable, they are nices prizes from CaT and other events and they should help us in the endgame level, but they're becoming outdated.

And the game is becoming more and more just for hardcore players, and the casual players are just being kicked out... you should take care with that.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi All,

Jumping in here quickly to say thank you for the continued feedback. We (both the developers and the comms team) know that there's a lot of chatter regarding M6 and requested changes. To pull the curtain back slightly to how this works, the team has been scrimmaging following the launch to see what we can do to ensure the game meets both the community requests and their game vision. As some of you may know, game development takes time and Cryptic is taking the steps to make several adjustments to improve the experience. Scott outlined several in his blog, but those shouldn't be considered the only items that are being actioned on.

Keep the discussion going. Both Andy and myself (as well as the developers) are keeping our eyes on the forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc for key points of feedback (positive or constructive) and will do our best to make sure you all have a great experience.

Alex

It doesn't appear that you are on the same wave length as many players. Raising the item level for tiamat goes in the opposite direction of a major player complaint - that you stopped players in mid-progress, forcing them out of the WoD area, and other areas.

I honestly believe there's a different conversation going on in your Elemental Evil rescue meetings than there is on the page after page of player concerns here in the forum.

It's as though you still cannot fully admit the depth and extent of the recovery work needed. You talk about old/new zones.
    - At end game they are the same thing. WoD/IWD/Shar/DR - old now called new.

The only new content is an area players pass through as quickly as possible, owing to the mind numbing repeat quests. You may as well be questing on featureless flatlands for all interest those leveling quests create.

So now the path forward is tweaking the old end zones. But thinking about it, that's all you can really do with this Mod The hoped for alternative would be a full rework with a brand new level 70 zone with new instances and new dungeons - a pipe dream for this Mod.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    Glad for the communication. Please consider this. Every new players that joins my guild asks about where to get gear and best quests to do. The conversation always ends in, just wait till you get 70 and have artifact gear. Then its gonna be a long, expensive grind. This does not motivate people. You're number one goal should be to get players running through content again.

1. Add Artifact Refinement items to EVERY daily (talking about 61-69 hourly quests too). Refinement and the amount needed is such a huge frustration point I need a new thread to go over. Just listen, players are getting tired of trying to find enough refinement to level 4 new items to legendary. I get that top gear shouldn't come easy, however it also shouldn't cost over $5000. Adding a lesser stone to all the daily isn't going to kill the bank. It will however give players some incentive to do them and see some (minor) progress toward getting their gear. Also its alot harder for a bot to run dailies than farm foundries.
    2. Add Artifact refinement to 5 man dungeons. Want people to group up and run these things? Add RP. Each boss should drop a Blue at minimum. Make it bound for all i care but add it. Also gives pvp'er reason to run with pve'ers and do content
    3. Remove 1 potion restriction. I can't see how this will hurt anything, but we can start getting rid of these things in our inventory faster
    4. Remove white pearls, seriously it takes over 4million RP to lvl something. a 100 RP drop that is taking up the now limited dragon hoard drops is an insult
    5. add weapon, mount, companion dyes to zen store. Go nutz, this is a great way to increase revenue without creating power creep. Just look at how good black dye does on the zen store.
    6. enchantments, won't go into to much here, it has already been stated many times. Look armor/weapon enchants again and make some tweaks.
    7. Please expand on known issues. There are many forum warriors here that report bugs/exploits/everything and we have no idea of what is being looked at, achowledged or is WAI. I'm not asked you all to list exploits but a running known issues log would be so very helpful. Alot of our frustration is the unknown.
    8. any pvp updates at all? If you are prioritizing other stuff thats ok, just throw us a bone with what you are planning
    9. There are some things that need to be updated with mod 6 changes:
    a. Hero's Feast. HP needs to scale and power.
    b. Tymora's coin. Stats aren't scaling, not worth a belt slot
    c. Pocket pet.
    d. Blue/purple leadership chests, need to update drop table
    e. Gift of tymora/Gift of Gods. Need to be updated, not giving resources appropriate for new levels. Rank 4s instead of rank 5s etc
    f. Companions, across the board. Look at the active bonus and then look at new stat curve. Adjust as neccessary

Just my ideas on how to make the game more enjoyable again.

Nice words, man! I could repeat them all to the develop team, so you get my vote here.
  • brotherhades78brotherhades78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Easy enough, re-release mod 5 like 6 never ever happened. ie...click restore point wayyy back :)

No, having played UO on a private shard that had to do a massive rollback like you say, it costs too many players doing a huge rollback. My guild lost almost a third of its membership because we ended up screwed out of 6 months of grinding and crafting, some of which was the guild building resources for the entire guild's benefit. So I would rather see things adjusted and fixed with the Mod 6 content rather than a rollback and losing months of work.
  • joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This set of proposed changes mostly looks good, but how about making bags bind to account not bind to character and roll back the nerf to dragon hoard sure... you cramp the style of the exploiter's but the result is punishing average players too. how about making dragon horde 0 cool down in dungeons, so many cash grab actions that are going to drive away casual spenders, and the free to play players that the bigger cash spenders sell Zen and Zen items to , which reminds me also since removing all of the Dungeons we could run quickly to earn ad salvage items you are also going to make it so that no one has ad to spend on then items purchased by your cash players if the grind to play can't get anything they're going to stop playing, and then the pay to win have no one to sell their stuff to, need higher salvage value on the Limited dungeon reward items thank you oh and how about making it so that trash mobs in your dungeons cannot one shot kill players that are in gear which exceeds the minimum gear level by over 50% , and what is the deal with nerfing Geas's control factor? If you are going to do that how about you make any one player only capable of being affected by any specific CC power in PvP once every 30 seconds I'm sick of five tr in Gauntlegrym spamming smoke and other control powers more specifically stuns or being constantly frozen by 2 CW's working together and how about nerfing impossible to catch so that TR's can actually be affected by CC powers like everyone else not cool that they can be immune to control powers but perma-stun others, right now PvP is pretty much team with the most or the best TR's wins. I'm not usually one to complain about PvP but it is BS that I finally get a character I like playing and you're taking away one of the things that makes it viable in PvP, not cool
    Greetings adventurers,

We've been listening to your feedback and want you guys to know that we're acting on it as well. The developers have given a roadmap of sorts for the community to know exactly what they're working on and what changes are to come in the near future. Take a look and tell us what you think!

http://bit.ly/1EDftYI
    edited May 2015
    No, having played UO on a private shard that had to do a massive rollback like you say, it costs too many players doing a huge rollback. My guild lost almost a third of its membership because we ended up screwed out of 6 months of grinding and crafting, some of which was the guild building resources for the entire guild's benefit. So I would rather see things adjusted and fixed with the Mod 6 content rather than a rollback and losing months of work.

Not literally comrad...but figuratively/philosophically with respect to difficulty.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seriously guys, this Artifact/Artifact Gear RP system is horrible. I don't understand why you stand behind it other than to save face. Artifacts and Artifact gear should really 'level' like companions until they reach their threshold level and then they can be ranked up like enchants. They then gain 'levels' until the next threshold, etc. People would actually play the game more. Yeah so people might just invoke or grind leadership tasks, but how would that be worse then buying botted RP stacks?
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Forgot to add something: We need more dungeon keys a day. I can understand you don't want to make the DD event giving a free dungeon chests (maybe not to promote speedruns and toxic behaviour) but 1 key a day is really cheap on your part. We don't need to buy keys to get our pvp rewards. We don't need to buy keys to play heroic encounters either, and the list goes on. So why not 3-4 free keys a day so that people who enjoy dungeons can get rewards for playing the content they like?
    edited May 2015
    Need delete post button in the editing section and A like / dislike set of buttons next to the reply and reply with quote buttons on forums
    edited May 2015
    Lenny barre Awesome idea
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Looking forward to tomorrow.
  • generalcolegeneralcole Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The only thing i miss from the upcoming changes its still not rewarding enugh to go T2 dungeons.
    What shoud i do in T2 if i have finished my full elven set?

Even going to sword coast adventure is more rewarding .

But all of those thing look awesome on paper lets hope it will work .

I suggest to remove all your gear before they implement those changes avoiding black holes.

Exactly right +1
    edited May 2015
    I don't think you've thought this through. When is the last time you got a purple reward from PvP? or Skirmishes? or Heroic Encounters? The last 2 dungeons I finished - 3 man & Blue Reward, 5 man and Purple Rewards.
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Forgot to add something: We need more dungeon keys a day. I can understand you don't want to make the DD event giving a free dungeon chests (maybe not to promote speedruns and toxic behaviour) but 1 key a day is really cheap on your part. We don't need to buy keys to get our pvp rewards. We don't need to buy keys to play heroic encounters either, and the list goes on. So why not 3-4 free keys a day so that people who enjoy dungeons can get rewards for playing the content they like?
    edited May 2015
    Vteasy all great points
    edited May 2015
    Problem is it currently almost takes better gear to complete a dungeon without exploits then the gear rewarded by that dungeon
    I don't think you've thought this through. When is the last time you got a purple reward from PvP? or Skirmishes? or Heroic Encounters? The last 2 dungeons I finished - 3 man & Blue Reward, 5 man and Purple Rewards.
  • brotherhades78brotherhades78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Not literally comrad...but figuratively/philosophically with respect to difficulty.

I can go along with it in regards to setting things getting set back as far as difficulty, but then we end up with the people that complained before about things being too easy, not presenting a challenge. It would be nice for something between something that a reasonably geared character can solo without much frustration, but still provide a bit of a challenge to those that need it. Though I am not sure how that would be accomplished other then returning to the GS/TIL gates for certain content, but even that did not work well because it never took into account the different builds. ie power over defense or different feat trees like HR Archer, or combat over trapper. There are just a lot of variables to account for but I do feel that had the devs and the powers that be listened to the players on the preview server then a lot of the issues could have been fixed before Mod 6 ever went live. Even if it had meant another delay it would have saved a lot of frustration. Though I have a feeling the first release delay had more to do with lining up the release to coincide with Wizards of the Coast's release of the module for D&D.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good baby step, should really try to master crawling before trying those steps though. But rewards and xp fix is a good try on those wobbly legs of yours.

Powers rank 4s, healing potions and armor enchanment should be your second.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Scott,

Thanks for the communication, it's been some time.

As difficulty was the top of your list when you started looking into this, it speaks volumes that it isn't addressed anywhere in the fixes discussed (Tiamat being the sole exception.)

I've tried levelling up and getting new gear and spend some time on strategies. But I liked the game because it was quick and breezy, my character was heroic. And I don't have that many hours in the day to devote to learning to kill dwarves.

The Dragon Heralds used to be fought in every instance of WOD, all you had to do was ride in and start at the White dragon. Now you have to show up early and ask for an invite to bother. Unless there are 30 available, the dragons can't be stood against, let alone fought. I have yet to see a full 5 (or even 4) taken down no matter how much effort is given to have everything "just right."

It's been some time, so the sting is waning, but my armor and weapon were trashed by Mod 6 (I have some really dark words for the way this was handled.) This was the armor and weapon your game prodded me to make/earn/buy. Buy was the last part. Runeforge kits, rubies, etc. And they were tossed out on their ear because you wanted to implement a new area....

I'm not fond of Mod 6. Please do better on your repairs.

Thank you.
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are interesting things, essentially the better rewards for dailies and the better first step armors (blues with armor slot, and the 120 ilvl campaign ones).

But I hope you have other plans coming, and many more bugs fixed soon too.

So a good start, but you still have a long road ahead.

And please, go back on the Dragon hoard enchants nerf, it's very very frustrating when it its.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Something you were hoping to see, but aren't finding on either of those two lists?

Yes.

1. Are you going to address the difficulty of dungeons? I'm really, really tired of being one-shotted by minion-level peons. They're not just hard; they're unreasonably hard.

2. Are you going to do something about general difficulty (SOLO content)? Healing potions are useless when enemies do so much damage, and we can't drink them nearly often enough to make them useful. We can't regen any more when we need it the most, and lifesteal is unreliable at best. I don't want to be cynical and think that it's meant to make us buy health stones, but as time goes on it's becoming increasingly difficult.

Personal note: I play an archer-build Stormwarden HR (not a Trapper, and not a Pathfinder). The survivability changes have really soured me on mod 6, more than I can put into words. They have hobbled that build's ability to survive.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited May 2015
    I can go along with it in regards to setting things getting set back as far as difficulty, but then we end up with the people that complained before about things being too easy, not presenting a challenge. It would be nice for something between something that a reasonably geared character can solo without much frustration, but still provide a bit of a challenge to those that need it. Though I am not sure how that would be accomplished other then returning to the GS/TIL gates for certain content, but even that did not work well because it never took into account the different builds. ie power over defense or different feat trees like HR Archer, or combat over trapper. There are just a lot of variables to account for but I do feel that had the devs and the powers that be listened to the players on the preview server then a lot of the issues could have been fixed before Mod 6 ever went live. Even if it had meant another delay it would have saved a lot of frustration. Though I have a feeling the first release delay had more to do with lining up the release to coincide with Wizards of the Coast's release of the module for D&D.

Yeah. But to take into account any complaints that stems from the advanced players who can gear down but choose not to compared to the tyranny of difficulty that you cannot gear up to with the same ease as gearing down is beyond crazyness.
    A game can as we have seen get by and maintain a player base and probably even add to it on nutty unnecessary complexities that players trip over all day long if the difficulty level is soloable for well geared and skilled players.
    The difficulty and in effect demolishing all areas players have earned power and familiarity over ....It really makes one wonder.
    edited May 2015
    Once the Dark Fey and Shadowmantle seals are gone, maybe they could be replaced with 1-10 Protector's or Elemental seals or both.
  • manikdreamermanikdreamer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How about fixing the shirt *Sound of the Sea* so that Paladins may also wear it? I was extremely disappointed that my reward for completing all of those vigilance tasks was a cool item which my character could not wear, and character-bound to boot.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please look in to Paladin Divine Touch encounter. It says "Deals heavy dmg" while in reality it's just 2k! with 9s cd, which makes it the worst dps abiliting. Not to mention how high it is in the tree. (requires 45 points spent)

Consider improving the value of Absolution shield or greatly reduce the cd. The shield breakes way too easily. I'd like to see it scale with Paladin max hp on top of the base value.
    edited May 2015
    Once the Dark Fey and Shadowmantle seals are gone, maybe they could be replaced with 1-10 Protector's or Elemental seals or both.

Great idea!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Yes.

1. Are you going to address the difficulty of dungeons? I'm really, really tired of being one-shotted by minion-level peons. They're not just hard; they're unreasonably hard.

2. Are you going to do something about general difficulty (SOLO content)? Healing potions are useless when enemies do so much damage, and we can't drink them nearly often enough to make them useful. We can't regen any more when we need it the most, and lifesteal is unreliable at best. I don't want to be cynical and think that it's meant to make us buy health stones, but as time goes on it's becoming increasingly difficult.

Personal note: I play an archer-build Stormwarden HR (not a Trapper, and not a Pathfinder). The survivability changes have really soured me on mod 6, more than I can put into words. They have hobbled that build's ability to survive.

I agree, I feel the difficulty has overshot the mark by a bit. Especially for solo dailies. There is no reason for these to be gruelingly difficult or a source of player frustration.

I'm willing to concede that, this is perhaps a method of leaving room for expanding gear score so as to not make all the content trivial sometime in the future. If this is the case, then the focus is on the wrong thing. A frustrated player might not be willing to wait for things to get easier as gear scores inflate down the line. Solutions need to be available now, even if it might create new problems later. Those can be dealt with if or when they happen.
    edited May 2015
    It would be nice for something between something that a reasonably geared character can solo without much frustration, but still provide a bit of a challenge to those that need it. Though I am not sure how that would be accomplished other then returning to the GS/TIL gates for certain content,

Regen could be re-implemented. It's a long-standing D&D feature that was butchered because it made us "too survivable." Also, healing potions do not scale to the new HP scheme--the best give a band-aid to a gushing wound. The game had been built up with a lot riding on Life Steal, nothing was done to balance out its demise. If those three things were rolled back, perhaps there wouldn't need to be as much need to review mob armor penetration, etc.

On a side note, why did the devs decide to modify level by area? If I'm level 70, why am I not level 70 all the time? The change doesn't really work very well--I clobber cultists in those areas better than I ever did before. This isn't a D&D change--it's something I know not what.
  • f1n10nf1n10n Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All the plans are fine with me as long as they help the game ond the players, just one point with IWD, those konig coins and Auril tears, are nonsense after finishing the campaign and they should be the currency for kessel's key instead of astral diamonds since everything in IWD is paid for with either bi or kessel's coins, make them usable after the campaign ends.