test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So they will leave the lostmouth bonus like that?

2»

Comments

• nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hastati96 wrote: »
    The lol set bonus isnt op. If you use the set with a crit build it does about 20% of your dmg which is just a great extra dmg. The devs have already said that they want to make the set bonus more rare and they should be something "special" so I dont see any point of nerfing the set.
    You are quite wrong my good man. I do combat log tests all the time and always after a few dungeons i review the damage output and see what is overall doing the most damage. For me i have 55.4% base crit chance as GWF and ends at about 70% after my buffs are up Roughly 31% of my damage comes from the lol set followed by sure strike, Weapons Master Strike, so on so on. Notice the lol set being my number 1 damage when my at-wills after buffs can hit upwards of 100k each the lol set still manages to deal more damage. So to say yes it is very strong and well needs a nerf.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    It is not OP. No one stops you to get same set and do same damage.
    I think this set is working perfectly for mod 6 difficulty level, problem is with others sets being too weak.

Quite possibly the most idiotic argument ever , using your thinking then why fix Feytouched? everybody can get one , why fix the dungeon exploits? everybody can learn how to do them , in fact why did they ever fix the astral resonator exploit? everybody could do it so it wasn't unfair , some peoples way of thinking makes me wonder sometimes .

Just because everybody can get the set doesn't mean it should be left alone , the whole point of removing armor set bonuses was so that no one set stood out head and shoulder above the rest , the lostmouth set clearly needs to be toned down/fixed.

No doubt the only ones who don't want the set fixed are those who were stupid enough to upgrade a clearly broken set during the recent double rp weekend.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My cynical assumption is yes - until Mod 7, when they'll nerf it into oblivion, after everybody and their grandma has dumped horrendous amounts of RP into that gear. Then something new will be made BiS, to create a new RP sink...

Actually isn't new BiS gear par for the course in a MMO? The difference here being the (insane) refinement grind that is required.....
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i have this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now; is strong, i can imagine how powerfull can be in a "100%" of critical chance build (or class), but for me, between, 35/40 is just... a nice investment.

put a cooldown of 3 secs will be ok (just fix, dont. you know, dots things will create a gap.. but dot is made for that, so i dont know why iam still try).
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's really a great set and perfect to help offset the increased damage output and high HP of the new and "improved" T2s. It was made as it was for a reason, to compliment those who build crit monsters. It certainly doesn't need a nerf so don't expect one to happen. What does need to happen is other set bonuses be brought more in line with what this set is capable of.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Was just looking at getting this set. But maybe not if it's about to be nerfed.
    I am using the Greater Owlbear Belt, but have geared a good amount toward crit.

Think I should wait and see? Figure they must have it decided by the semi-mod Guild update.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm going to laugh so much about cw's who got the set because it's currently OP and wasted all of their RP on it only to find out it'll get the nerf bat. I'm going to laugh so freaking hard. The set needs to be ON PAR with other sets, no more than 5 - 8% of your total DPS for a high crit build. I roll with near 100% crit chance at all times and I refuse to use this joke of a set. If people can't perform without it look again at your ******* choices and see why you fail so hard.

I repeat, what needs to be done is the following - WEAPON DAMAGE SHOULD BE WEAPON DAMAGE. As in 2.1k for a GWF, half for a CW, etc. The set should NOT be buffed by external buffs such as your power, armpen and debuffs. Exactly like they did to Deep Gash. Can't crit, end of story.
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Well nobody knows if they will nerf it .. even tho it is root of all those ridicolous numbers you see from "unintended" interactions between powers - enchantments - elol set. If you are DPS class or DPS speced towards pushing DPS and you are not using eLoL set, you are basically doing it wrong. There is no other set that provides that much DPS on its own.

This is not new...
    edited May 2015
    If you are DPS class or DPS speced towards pushing DPS and you are not using eLoL set, you are basically doing it wrong. There is no other set that provides that much DPS on its own.

Whatever happened to doing it legit and like a good actual frekaing player instead of relaying on broken sets to bring you #1 on paingiver?
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to doing it legit and like a good actual frekaing player instead of relaying on broken sets to bring you #1 on paingiver?

If it only applied to popular private channels hmmm...

Currently we have two majorly broken pieces of gear. On one hand we have the Lostmauth Set giving an extra on-crit attack benefiting from all kinds of dmg buffs, on the other is Wheel of Elements giving on-attack piercing fire damage based on pre-mitigation numbers.

Of course most "elite" PVP players are already using both regardless of class, because when your CW does crazy lostmauth hits, he doesnt care for the wasted +Dex and +Str points.

What can you do about it? Well its simple, either ignore it or do it yourself. It will be surely fixed, once they have had their fill of people spending money on it. Until then avoid Lostmouth/Wheel abusers as best as you can.

You've nailed it. All the big numbers guys ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    edited May 2015
    If it only applied to popular private channels hmmm...

This has nothing to do with Legit as a channel, I don't like what it is, what it respresents, and I'm currently not a part of it. I have a problem with scrubs using broken things knowingly and then dare to troll on the forums saying they're top paingiver.