test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150416c.8

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard
    • Frost Wave: No longer plays the Level Up FX repeatedly when triggered.
    • Spell Twisting Feat: This feat no longer resets cooldowns on powers that it should not.
  • Devoted Cleric: Hammer of Fate: No longer improperly interacts with Hastening Light and the Hastening Light offhand Artifact, granting more Action Points than expected.
  • Hunter Ranger: Aimed Shot: Ranking Aimed shot to Rank 4 no longer causes Aimed Strike to be removed from your power list.

Content and Environment
  • Campaigns: The level up wizard will no longer recommend players to go to the new campaign zones until level 70. Talking to Knox will still allow players to access the zones if desired.
  • Campaigns: There are now warning messages to players below level 70 that campaign zones may be too difficult.
  • Dungeon Delve Event: Resolved an issue wherein the event text for the ""Dungeon Delve"" event did not mention the necessity of using a dungeon chest key to obtain the rough astral diamonds indicated as a reward. In addition, the interact text that appeared when a player viewed the chest at the end of the dungeon implied that the chest would open during a dungeon delve event.
  • Tiamat's Hoard: Donating may be done after it reaches 100%.
  • Updated collision around Gauntylgrim Capture Points to prevent players from getting stuck in them.

Items and Economy
  • Companions: Augment companions once again have base stats.
  • Dragon Cult Pack now Binds on Equip like other bags.
  • Paladin Elemental Fire Artifact Weapon: The Aura of Truth class feature properly respects Crowd Control Resistance now.
  • Professions: Mailsmithing: Resolved an issue wherein rank 25 mailsmithing armor kits were expecting plates instead of rings in their recipe.
  • Seals: The tooltips on both Seal of the Elements and Seal of the Protector now specify where they may be used, what they may be used to purchase, and where they may be obtained."
  • Unique items that are slotted in an item that is consumed through refinement or other means will no longer be marked as being owned so they can be claimed again.

User Interface
  • Refinement: When a stack of refined items crit the proper RP granted will be displayed instead of displaying as though the whole stack had crit.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    This is already on Preview for your testing pleasure.

For future releases we are currently working on improving Tiamat difficulty, Campaign quest rewards, more class power issues, Invocation and more!
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote: »

For future releases we are currently working on improving Tiamat difficulty, Campaign quest rewards, more class power issues, Invocation and more!

perfect. ;D

also: black ice domination starts, we get the HE icon on map, but no control points actually activate.

BI: Dom also seems a little random.. I wish it were on the Hourly timer/Event timer .. I'm sure more guilds would frequent OPvP if there were an event every 4 hours or so =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    How long will you postpone the paladin's justice capstone fix for tankadins? hum? Could at least say you have someone working on it? Not just " we're working on powers and stuff blablabla" ....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    and where is the fix to GWF greatsword clipping issue on male slim characters where weapon goes through body and legs?
    and where is the promised GWF buff and CC fix?

Again, the GWF buff it was not promised. There are much higher priority issues in classes at this time.
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Content and Environment
    • Campaigns: The level up wizard will no longer recommend players to go to the new campaign zones until level 70. Talking to Knox will still allow players to access the zones if desired.
    • Campaigns: There are now warning messages to players below level 70 that campaign zones may be too difficult.

That's a step in the right direction, but doesn't change the fact that the zones are no longer solo content for the casual player. Shouldn't you base warnings off item level?

Another huge problem in that area are the requirements of dungeons, which are way too low. Coming from the leveling dungeons in green/blue gear and probably only one or two Artifacts / Rank 5-7 there is no way to compete in the content. Fresh players need a lot of RPs first to even think about getting into a decent group that can confidently tackle T1/T2.

In other words: The PVE progression is broken.
  • Options
    preplacjpreplacj Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Paladin Shift Fix really CW and HR CC though immune...
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Seriously? You are planning to make it even more difficult than it already is? I really hope you mean reducing, but I wouldn't be surprised :rolleyes:
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    arabatur wrote: »
    Seriously? You are planning to make it even more difficult than it already is? I really hope you mean reducing, but I wouldn't be surprised :rolleyes:

Haha, yes, I mean lowering the difficulty to a reasonable level. The goal is to get it equivalent to what it felt like in Module 5 for moderately geared players. We are even likley adding a level and item level requirement to the door.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    preplacj wrote: »
    Paladin Shift Fix really CW and HR CC though immune...

Can you please use complete sentences and describe the issue you are talking about or at least point me to a thread that it is detailed? I barely understand what you are trying to say.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Again, the GWF buff it was not promised. There are much higher priority issues in classes at this time.

Oh but it was:
    Hey all, wanted to drop in and let you all know we are monitoring the PVP performance.

To clarify some things, we are generally fairly happy with where GWFs are in PVE. They are competitive, and do very solid damage for the risks they take being in melee range (where there are more consistent threats to worry about).

However in PVP we want to make a few targeted buffs that should not strongly impact PVE performance. These buffs will not make it for launch, but should go live roughly 2 weeks after launch.

Determination: Determination gain now scales with damage before damage resistance (instead of damage after damage resistance).
    Unstoppable: Now increases movement speed by 20% while active.
    Takedown: Base stun duration now increased to 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds). This stun can no longer be improperly deflected.
    Front Line Surge: Base stun duration now increased to 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds). This stun can no longer be improperly deflected.

We believe these buffs should help improve PVP performance significantly without upsetting the PVE balance greatly.

Thank you all for your continued feedback.
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

Roughly would mean 1-3 weeks, but how many weeks has it been since mod 6 release? A whole month. Not to mention that mod 6 release was postponed a month too. Now instead "we did not promise anything" you should be saying "sorry for the delay" and give an estimate of when we'll finally see the GWF update. Don't be mean, be fair.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can you please use complete sentences and describe the issue you are talking about or at least point me to a thread that it is detailed? I barely understand what you are trying to say.

Maybe English is not his first language.

But he is probably referring to some CW powers not respecting CC Immunity when paladin has Superhalo up. Ray of frost specifically and possibly icy terrain since you can perma freeze people instantaneously with a certain feat.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015

panderous hes talking about hr disruptive shot and cw freeze go right through pallys shield. ( but i dont believe discuptive shot is a bug i mean it is disruptive right?)
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Translation: Could they please fix the Paladin shift? It is supposed to grant immunity to CC, yet certain CW and HR powers ignore that immunity. Even so much as an acknowledgment of this issue being looked at would be greatly appreciated.

At least, I think that's what he meant. I don't PvP, so I don't know which powers/feats/whatever are causing these problems.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Oh but it was:
    Roughly would mean 1-3 weeks, but how many weeks has it been since mod 6 release? A whole month. Not to mention that mod 6 release was postponed a month too. Now instead "we did not promise anything" you should be saying "sorry for the delay" and give an estimate of when we'll finally see the GWF update. Don't be mean, be fair.

Yeah, I gotta say it doesnt make much sense why this wasnt released. I mean does it really take that much work to implement these changes?

Also, Panderus, Im a little disappointed at zero bug fixed in regards to weapon enchants.

Things like Trans Terror debuffing your attack by 4% rather than the DR of your opponant. So it literally makes your attacks WEAKER.

Same with things like Vorpal, the Pure and Trans 2% debuff is working AGAINST your attacks making you weaker.

Also Negation, the Inc healing and the recovery are not working...

I mean there are a TON of enchants that literally provide zero value past Perfect and most cases actually HURT you to level them up.

This is a pretty large part of the game that has been left untouched for the last few weeks.... And makes a massive difference to the game.
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2015

hes probably talking about the paladin shift mechanic which is ignored by some cc spells / feats from Hr as well as cw.
    So far i only experienced the ray of frost from cw doing that. When it freezes you while having your shift ability on it still freezes you.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Oh but it was:

"However in PVP we want to make a few targeted buffs"
    sorry but i had to point that out to you. it was never promised. ever.
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?880641-Oathbound-Paladin-known-issues
    I sent you a forum message about it, never got a reply but i guess you're too busy.
    Pretty much of all what is not working on OP is in there.
    Please, fix protector paladins justice capstone.
    It's already been a month. It was also reported in preview, but you ignore it. Time to do something about it.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh but it was:

No sympathy here. There have been a ton of more important issues already fixed and still a ton more that need to be fixed. GWF is not unplayable in it's current state, they are currently competing with CW for top dps (PvE, equal build).. In my personal opinion a difficulty pass on the whole system should come before GWF's get yet another buff. I'm sure GCrush meant well when he said that but everyone knows you dont make promises for the future because you cant predict what the future holds. He obviously expected Mod6 to launch with much fewer issues than it did.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    u missed the:
    'These buffs will not make it for launch, but should go live roughly 2 weeks after launch.'
    so officialy devs lied or wut?
    and yea leaving a class w,o any reliable CC being a melee on top of that is not priority.
    and you missed the SHOULD. there was no promise. none whatsoever.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No sympathy here. There have been a ton of more important issues already fixed and still a ton more that need to be fixed. GWF is not unplayable in it's current state, they are currently competing with CW for top dps (PvE, equal build).. In my personal opinion a difficulty pass on the whole system should come before GWF's get yet another buff. I'm sure GCrush meant well when he said that but everyone knows you dont make promises for the future because you cant predict what the future holds. He obviously expected Mod6 to launch with much fewer issues than it did.

Yet another buff? What's that supposed to mean? Only Destroyer was buffed. Instigator remained useless and Sentinel was clearly overnerfed. Since you gain more temp hp the more damage bonuses you have on you Sentinel has the worst survivability outside unstoppable, gains determination much slower and deals roughly 2-3 times lower damage than Destroyer. And the improved threat generation is a cruel joke: "Can't tank? Can't damage? Can't support? Ok, die faster then!"
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2015

gwf (and sw/rangers/rogues) dont should "compete" against cws. should over dps BY FAR. cws IS NOT A PRIMARY STRIKER.

a secundary striker do +/- the same damage than a primary striker is the reason why gwf need this buff (and a lot more).

ps: other priority is give back the grand fissure. 10x less damage and NO ONE SINGLE NOTE ABOUT. and then dont understand why people ask over and over again about the "gc promisse".
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really??? Dungeons event was actually working as it was supposed to...and you couldn't tell us that????? I'm not miffed that its like this as much as we asked and got no word.
  • Options
    knope88knope88 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No bugged rank 4 power fixes? Rank 4 fixes were mentioned last week... :(

Check Here
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited May 2015

please ;

Hunter ranger : aspect of the lone wolf lvl 4 and arp that doesn't affect thorned roots !
  • Options
    digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    congratulations to panderus for the amazing attention he has given in the forums ! i fell now that Neverwinter is in good hands
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015

For once I agree. The buffs can wait, our Weapon Master not working at rank 4 is much more important atm.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Instead let me set some things straight. Hr is full of armor pen bugs and other already reported personally by mp.
    It might take time..uhm so doesnt really matter much even if the class is basically dead.
    Mind you i dont only play hr.
    But what about the leather shirts with under stats???
    What did graalx3 this week of so important to be unable to take a simple sum?
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Same with things like Vorpal, the Pure and Trans 2% debuff is working AGAINST your attacks making you weaker.

Can you confirm this? Pure version at least. It's not working period, from my testings it's not even debuffing yourself, it's just not working at all.
This discussion has been closed.