Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150416c.3

Comments

• Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    naicalus wrote: »
    Refining has been a long time coming/needed. Yay.

But...

Still no fix for SoD? No fix for Paladin capstone? Making ToD and other campaign XP equal by... Nerfing the one thing that still gave decent XP? Nothing about the ridiculous difficulty? Rank 4 powers that don't work right? A thousand other reported bugs?

Guess my TR and OP are retired for now. Paused the OP at 62 waiting for the capstone fix. Been not using the TR because he's MI Exe. I guess respec Sab and go perma, but I don't like even non-perma sab that much. Too bad, he's the only char to hit 70 so far. Working my DC through, but I'm not fond of playing bandaid, so... CW's been in storage and will stay in storage, I like SS Thaum but that's been identified as no-go now and everyone asks for Renegade.

Not that I've been running dungeons even on my L70. ROFL I volunteered for a T1 last night noting I hadn't run one yet and pretty much got told to go learn to play first.

So much for the 4/23 patch that was going to fix everything.

They didn't let you into the dungeon because you hadn't done one yet? That's an issue with the players then. The Tier 1 dungeons are hard, but not -that- hard.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GWF community has been longing for the GWF updates as was promised bt Gentlemancrush, just wondering if its being applied in this patch but forgotten to update that in the patch notes? if not can we get some update on the progression...?
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't recall anyone ever saying that the patch was going to fix everything, just that there were a lot of fixes they were targeting for that patch.

Simply because one's pet issue didn't make this patch doesn't mean it's been ignored. Things do take time and resources to work with, and the dev team has infinite quantities of neither.

No one official said it, but this week's patch has been touted by everyone and their Damaran Shepherd for the last three weeks as the patch that would end everyone's irritation both here and in-game. ;)

Given that my main is an MI Executioner TR, it's a little more immediate than a 'pet' issue for me. ;) Same with the OP Protection/Justice capstone not working, made... Protection Justice OP. So while I realize different people handle them, seeing that left unfixed while we get patch notes about changing an artifact weapon from a sword to a mace somewhat irks regardless of that knowledge. And of course it's amusing slightly to see everyone who said 'just wait for the 23rd it'll be better then' be wrong about a great many issues. Especially when some of this has been reported since early preview. It's frustrating.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    discomanijakdiscomanijak Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cryptic launcher autoupdate I can not play game 4 days
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you,

did you fix eldritch runestone rank 12 en companion defensive slot too? Actually it doesnt give any stats
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    GWF community has been longing for the GWF updates as was promised bt Gentlemancrush, just wondering if its being applied in this patch but forgotten to update that in the patch notes? if not can we get some update on the progression...?

- We have to keep waiting..

I posted Here:

A Message Regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    sellolk771sellolk771 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anointed Army still not working with 4 power points.

Thread here.
    Scarecrow
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance

[*]Refinement: Stacks of items may now be slotted instead of individual items. Up to five stacks of refinement items may be used at one times. The estimated total RP value of the stack is displayed when slotted and the actual total value (crits) is displayed when Refned.

While not everything is fine and dandy with the patch, this change alone is an incredible quality of life improvement. Thanks !!!
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tiamat's Hoard Donation now resets weekly instead of every hour. Tiamat is still available to fight at the end of every hour.

Just wondering, what does your "success rate" say about Tiamat after Module 6? What about T2 dungeons?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    perchloricperchloric Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *holds breath, prays fervently to any and all deities*
    Please make bags bound to account, not character. I know I am probably spittin' in the wind but .....
  • Options
    clownhasnoclownhasno Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still Waiting for Shadow of Demise feat for TR's to be fixed.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    You broke Briartwine - on the preview server I can no longer upgrade 2 normal Briartwines to a Greater. It plays the sound when you click the button but nothing happens.

YCU3mFv.jpg

UPDATE: after restarting the client this works again. But I could reproduce the bug by importing 2 fresh chars to preview and using the same upgrade process again.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Where is the GWF update?

This is the time frame you said it would be ready?
  • Options
    umt1982umt1982 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are a few good things and quite a few bad or confusing.

I like the fixes to some bugs but to change bugs for certain things and not others is confusing. For example, you fix the hastening light and lostmauth bug but you don't fix the bugs in eCC where you can stand on the ledge or in the net and not be hit by the boss or adds...... I saw an HR use the bleed bug in eLoL WITHOUT the lostmauth set and while we were all attacking the bosses but only fix the lostmauth set.... So now all everyone is going to want to run is eCC for the final boss bug.

I like the change to donation for Tiamat but what does it matter though? No one has even come close to defeating Tiamat for that to matter AT ALL. I like, enjoy difficult but when it is a reasonable and obtainable difficulty to beat and not in it's current state of impossible.

I like the ability to post stacks for refining and not just 5 individual enchants each time. However, this does not help me now as I already have all 4 artifacts to Mythic. Better late than never though. Guess I can utilize this for artifact gear. So long as this applies to artifact gear too. Speaking of artifact gear. The ability to make, farm or buy refining stones for artifact gear is still no better than it was pre-mod 6. I also hear that there will be new artifact main hands with the only difference being the base stats given on it (I.E. Mine now for a DC give lifesteal and new ones will give a different stat). My mainhand is to level 52.... So, I am suppose to refine ANOTHER mainhand because you coudln't give me a stat that is useful to my class????

The rewards for dungeons are sad, pathetic and disapointing. High difficulty with low to no reward. 10k-20k AD plus campaign resources to make keys aren't worth the rewards (refine stones) given in chests. The deflation of the AH makes it even worse with the only items still holding the inflation ways of pre-mod 6 being artifact gear refining stones. Buying the cheapest refining stone on the AH will cost about 12 million AD to refine an artifact gear from 1-legend..... with half of that cost being from 51-legend. At 24k AD per day, 4 days per 100k(ish), 40 days per 1 million(ish)....... Enchantments up to level 10 are still as bothersome as they were pre-mod 6. How is it easier to level an enchantment/runestone from 10-12 than it is from 8-10?

Still on the aspect of dungeons. Doing the same 3 dungeons OVER AND OVER AND OVER is unbelievably boring. And 3 dungeons we have all done too many times as it is pre-mod 6 and now we get to do them hundreds of more times. Epic CC, TOS and GWD for the protector seals and when we finish the few hundred runs of these all we have left to run are VT, MC, KR and Elol. Again, dungeons we have all ran hundreds to millions of times already. This is our endgame.....This is the future of this game.... So, I assume mod 7 will give us FH, KARRU, SP, DV and CN.....

The "new" dungeons and "new" campaigns are nothing more than old ones adjusted for the level cap. So, the "new" mod isn't new but rather just everything old copy and pasted. For those of us who already have the campaigns finished and had them done pre-mod 6 was given nothing to do for this mod after we complete our sets and gear....... I need only 2 elemental elven pieces, have 4 mythic artifacts and all artifact gear is from level 48-52. So my endgame will be done in a couple weeks. Then what???? New game then, I guess. I have spent so much time, effort, energy and a good amount of money since starting this game at the end of mod 3. This mod seems like a giant slap in the face.
  • Options
    dreasterdreaster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So no Pala Fixes...

Come on 50% of power in paladin dont working well, as well than feats... Is almost toally buged the paladin.

AUras Widsom and Protection working bad
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    WHY ARE THESE NOT IN THE PATCH NOTES?

Here is the initial Post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?831781-Official-Feedback-Thread-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Cap-Raise&p=10304531&viewfull=1#post10304531

"
    Hey all, wanted to drop in and let you all know we are monitoring the PVP performance.

To clarify some things, we are generally fairly happy with where GWFs are in PVE. They are competitive, and do very solid damage for the risks they take being in melee range (where there are more consistent threats to worry about).

However in PVP we want to make a few targeted buffs that should not strongly impact PVE performance. These buffs will not make it for launch, but should go live roughly 2 weeks after launch.

Determination: Determination gain now scales with damage before damage resistance (instead of damage after damage resistance).
    Unstoppable: Now increases movement speed by 20% while active.
    Takedown: Base stun duration now increased to 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds). This stun can no longer be improperly deflected.
    Front Line Surge: Base stun duration now increased to 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds). This stun can no longer be improperly deflected.

We believe these buffs should help improve PVP performance significantly without upsetting the PVE balance greatly.

Thank you all for your continued feedback.
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer"

As you can see its been roughly 2 weeks since launch. So the 4/23 patch was known about for a LONG time however why did these patch notes NOT contain these buffs?
  • Options
    thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So much negativity. Here's some cats dressed up as Assassin's Creed characters. http://i.imgur.com/oMmQ0ue.webm
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Classes and Balance
    • General: Rank 4 of Paragon powers are now correctly locked until the player is level 70 and has spent 70 power points

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?904981-AD-Respec-Bug/page2

This makes me, a sad panda... or Koala.

• Options
    trendi644trendi644 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hm, panderus, when will the current version (yesterday's big patch) of official server patch be applied in preview?
    As they might seem alike, but they are not, for a first time actually official server is ahead :)
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    trendi644 wrote: »
    Hm, panderus, when will the current version (yesterday's big patch) of official server patch be applied in preview?
    As they might seem alike, but they are not, for a first time actually official server is ahead :)

How are they not the same? The version looks to be correct: NW.45.20150416c.4.
  • Options
    trendi644trendi644 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How are they not the same? The version looks to be correct: NW.45.20150416c.4.

For one, here it sais *.3 while official is *.4 ... but that came to my eyes later. Here is why I think they differ :

My cat augments in official have their hp/deflect stat returned (no critical strike yet, as they had, but still, 2 out of 3 better than 0 of 3).
    So I though its finally fixed, went in preview to check on epic/legendary cat and non of them had deflect/hp. Not even an older rare cat.

Also, transferred a toon (3 times the same) with 300~ WoD dragons rewards farmed last week, waiting for those lvl60 belts and lvl61 blues to disappear. In 900 openings, got 30 belts lvl60 and full of blues 61, none 70. Went rage mode in official server thinking "ok, screw it", started opening there - and the lvl70 blue and belts were present.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Soooo......

NO GWF buffs as promised by Gentlemancrush either?

- PRE DR determination gain
    - 20% run speed while unstoppable?
    - FLS/takedown stun cant be deflected?

Can we get any feedback on this please?
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Paladin: Justice tree capstone still bugged and not working. Also pretty sure that Aura of Protection and Bane (the debuff part) are also screwed.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Paladin: Justice tree capstone still bugged and not working. Also pretty sure that Aura of Protection and Bane (the debuff part) are also screwed.

Im having folks look into these, thanks.

As for the GWF buffs, they will be happening at this time, but we will continue to evaluate the state of classes in both PvP and PvE as M6 continues.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My faith in humanity is restored. Glad to hear about the bug, being further investigated.

P.S. All the needed information about said bug, can be found here:
    A detailed Youtube video of the bug / 3:52 min. (credits to the uploader.)
    A thread with detailed explanations / 190+ replies. (which sadly is closed.)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?911971-Feat-and-Power-Points-Bug-Fix/page9

Good evening, Mr. Panda.

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited April 2015

As for the GWF buffs, they will be happening at this time, but we will continue to evaluate the state of classes in both PvP and PvE as M6 continues.

Do you have a timeline on when the GWF fixes and buffs will be implemented? Like this coming patch, or next weeks patch?
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I think GWFs have a big problem in PVE mostly in dungeons t1 t2 & in tiamat ofc.
    GWF's die in unstoppable with 100 k hp+70-80 k temp hp while using shift mech.
    This isnt rigth it need to be fixed and instigator and sentinel (tank???) need to die to get the bonus from cap feat .
    Cuz i have lost my intrest in GWF PVE part i dont play it so i have zero clue about pvp now.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
This discussion has been closed.