test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what do you think of mod 6? (player feedback)

Comments

• lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    Don't get your hope up to high, they will only fix some bugs, and that is about all, most of the stuff in going to remain the same.

mmmmm
    Some people I've talked to in game are just hanging around to see what this patch brings, hoping that it will somehow significantly change Mod 6.
    If nothing much changes - and I agree with you on this - then I think we'll have more people abandoning the game.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think it unlikely that the update on the 23rd will change anything really significant. More likely it will be things that were intended to be part of Mod6 that weren't ready in time, and a few important fixes that have been found since. I think it's possible there may be some very slight adjustment to what we've been calling out here. Even a small change which recognizes there's a difficulty problem would be nice to see. But it's also possible it would be just a token change to mollify unhappy players.
  • b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This whole mod6 thing reminds me of when CoH had changed free to play, then when you log in you will see that all your invention enhancements don't work because your not a subscriber. I always despised the taking away power systems. But in this case it seems everything has been boosted but your character.
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I tried, got my TR to level 65, actually starting to think "its not all bad" then there's this quest to rescue a spy, get to the end and you have to do something with buckets....... by time work out what that's about I'm dead.... back to the front door.... righty.... so my character is overweight and obviously needs to run some weight off of her backside and now playing Lara C now are we...

As with a lot of others, a lot is hanging on this up coming update.. no I'm not thinking positive thoughts
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Evidently, the MOD and patches didn't bring the necessary changes.

- Developer evidently didn't respond in the patch notes when asked about the set of different questions, such as the feat Spell Twisting still reducing the cooldown for artifacts significantly.

- There were no fixes to the difficulty regarding the mobs.

- There were no fixes to the mass plea by the player-base with the evident statistic portraying that people do not enjoy module 6.

- There was no adhere to the people that developers themselves asked for help, yeah I remember that. What was the point of that if you do not listen to the people you pick to present the player-base for a class?!

- There was no fix regarding anything of value such as reduced CC to the mobs.

This means only one thing - farewell to everyone, it was nice while it lasted. It's time for us who were hoping to see the changes to slowly move along to better games. Neverwinter online outlasted it's usefulness.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • blueyzes1blueyzes1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why put out a expansion like this........even at lv 70 u get hammered by every mob in the game.....I have played this game since start and this is the 1st time ive ever considered quitting, you guys sure know how to alienate your players huh? Please fix this pile of doo-doo so I can get back to enjoying the game....what the hell were you guys thinking....worst expansion experience ever :( ....even if I could manage to beat a mob or 2 the high in-game lag issues at every turn is absolutely horrible......why are you guys doing this...you must have hired my POS ex-wife to do your expansions..only she could cause such misery...DDO is what ? close to a decade old and at this point I'd rather play that...at least its true D&D to a point, you know ive defended you guys when articles on the net put you down and stuck up for you at every turn (see DDO vs Neverwinter Article) now I wish I wouldn't have.
  • blueyzes1blueyzes1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    p.s., Good Job committing self-suicide on this expansion..
  • wishbone11wishbone11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Very Nice, lol, lower the XP on the quests. to below what a level 30 gets in ebon downs. Leave the quest levels the same but make the enemies level 70+ when you enter the dungeon. Turn all our armor and weapons a pile of junk and change the entire system that tells you where you abilities are compared to others. What an awesome job, let alone all the bugs........... Sucks
  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    83% hate this game that's very very bad i voted cant stand mod 6!!!! cos you didnt give me "i no longer want to play" as an option
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Reposted from what I wrote in th Patch Notes forum:

Currently the only thing I care about is playability--the game has become much too difficult to be fun. I see no notes addressing this. Since Elemental Evil I have sold off gear I spent months acquiring, made level 70, bought Eternal Gear (we'll all be wearing this soon), and still get clobbered by wolves in IceWind Dale.

If they had wanted to make the game more difficult, they could have implemented over time and allowed adjustment--over time. Wrecking our characters was a bad move. I drive the game solo, so I don't have incoming healing spells or someone to revive me the numerous times I die per day. I won't pay for Scrolls of Life forever, and that's the only way to get unbroken play out of the game.

Has anyone noticed the Draconic Heralds are hardly even challenged anymore? I have only seen the Black one killed successfully once. There are too few players left, and now no one even goes after the White one.

A roll back of half the difficulty would probably save the game. I have only been reading the forums since Mod 6, because I just like playing the game. I don't have time to argue every flip and switch in the mechanics, but have become seriously perturbed by the current experience.
  • palmerdalepalmerdale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The difficulty came as a complete surprise to me. And it has been mostly insurmountable.

I had made level 60 with my DC just days before mod 6 arrived, and had barely finished getting mod 5 blue gear in all slots. I had not had months and months of time to grind gear. I was just starting to be able to survive daily dungeons and other high end mod 5 gear with no more than a death or two. Now, I'm totally outmatched in all of the mod 6 zones.

Worse than the old zones I was becoming comfortable with becoming too difficult to survive, there was no warning about the old 'level 60' zones being replaced with new level 60 zones, leading a great number of people including myself to try to function in places where we shouldn't. I wasted several days before I decided to try the 'new' zones, only to find that was where I should have been. I think a large number of players have been expecting 'new mod = new zones = harder', but few anticipated the 'old zones = harder' that we got.
  • josephdjosephd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I see a lot of malcontents in regards to this new Mod. I personally love it, the problem most people are having is they want to do the Old grind for gear, but all the new zones are tough because you are made lvl 70 but you have no where near the Health you will have in lvl 70 gear. So instead of doing the new content, which to me was well done, they want to go to WoD and IWD and DR and SH, instead of leaving that till they are lvl 70(so they will have something to do then, a good idea imo it keeps the mods attuned to end game. They have made a lot of changes to the game in order to keep it fresh and no one is giving them any credit.). Also even at lowered health if you team up everything is still doable. It is an attempt to make the game a little more sociable. Everything in this game that is worth anything takes time, even if you are cranking money into the Zen shop. This game is leaps and bounds above the other game in this IP(DDO) Id love to see then take 6 months without any mods and tighten up the game add some new PVP maps or objective types. Maybe a larger scale PVP area that is just pvp split into multiple factions. Also some housing/guild halls maybe. However no one seems satisfied, which to me is a shame. Good hunting and hope everyone has fun.

Peace
    Narn
  • ogbillygeeogbillygee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For me the rendering of all the tier 2 items worthless after taking so long to get is just a slippery slope. I saved for a long time to get that gear and all for nothing. The artifact weapons being free at 70 is nice but it doesn't compensate. Upping level caps never really works in my experience, nor does removing content such as GG PVE, DC etc only to rework them into 'new' content. Having to PvE to 70 from 60 on my TR, which I only want for PvP anyway was soul destroying, please up the xp on the new zone quests or change the number of quests in each bit to 8 for example, the timesink in doing 16 quests is dreadful and the rewards are a little dire to say the least, with the exception of the artifact weapons :(

The scaling up to 70 for the campaigns doesn't work at all. The lag in the instances is diabolical, with an average of 30 players in an instance there should be no lag whatsoever. However, I do have an old DX2-66 PC in the attic and a 9600 baud modem which you can have for free, this upgrade should help your servers ;)

I truly hope you take this poll seriously, the if it isn't broke, don't fix it' addage springs to mind. The game prior to Mod 6 was, imo possibly the best mmo since UO, DAOC & SWG. This update reminds me of SOE's blatant disregard for it's players opinions when they launched the NGE, I'm sure anyone who played SWG from launch through to the CU (combat update) patch, will still feel sad and angry at John Smedley from SOE. Sad that the game was dumbed down and angry that through his ignorance and arrogance he ignored the fan base, this led to the demise of what was originally an amazing sandbox game. Also, anyone who vented their dismay on the forums received a forum ban.

Please do not follow his lead, look at the feedback and try to address the most important issues first. I, and probably most of the community do not expect to get everything we want, but showing willing to liaise with the players and reach compromises will ensure they carry on playing.

I hope there is some middle ground reached soon and look forward to playing again. (when the servers come up again).

P.S. Would it hurt to make loot bags more accessible to newer players?
  • magentavoiletmagentavoilet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If u wanted to make a nightmare stage then it should have made a separate map or something for player who like hard difficult mops. And GG PVP - 10 VS 10 ?I loved 20 vs 20 , if u wanted to bring out 10 vs 10 then it should have been a new tipe of PVP with a new map. There is no new dungeons and i can even survive a skirmish. My gear is useless ,which i spend months farming them, some i bough on AD market , which was a waste since they are of no use in mod 6. The tasks in mod 6 is difficult, long and boring. Sorry to say but when u have a perfect game , you don't change it so drastically. In my opinion , your game was perfect.
  • laurentiolaurentio Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Played for over 2 years , payed for costumes , respecs, mounts and what not , dying 5 times / hour in pve is not my ideea of having a good time ...
    -farmed for parts and leveled artificing to max lvl over many months in order to build mainhand and complete MC set only to have it rendered compleatly useless on this mod,
    - my Black ice armor set for witch i again farmed many months , badly outmatched, just trashed it, not even worth selling to vendor, ...rest of armor sets are not even worth mentioning.

Took the time to lvl to 70 and get elemental weps and pvp armor , gets indeed better but still not enough unless you also have rank 7+ enchantments to slot in them and rank 5 boons and some good companions for pasives and better then lesser enchantments on wep and armor , only then can you gain access to elite dungeons and finaly go die 5 times / hour with the big guys ! -

New content:
    - Paladin class ,... beutifull made - char with defencive and ofencive buffs + healing skills that are directly affected by max hp stat ? did it realy nead the compleate reshape of all game content after it ?
    - new armor sets, close to imposibile to aquire , lacking any sort of variations !! It is like in 3D shooter games , you either have the `armor` or you don`t, since any lower ranked (blue or lower) armors are badly outmatched.
    - lvl cap increase and skills up to rank 4 , was personaly missing only 3 skills that wore not at rank 3 before expansion ,was concerned bout getting more power points and not having a place to put them. big Like for this !
    - The new traits , no wow effect there but still a welcomed improvement. Me like !

All in all : Mod 6 - i`m sitting this one out , maby next one ... (or previous one in case of a rollback)
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The game difficulty has made the casual player frustrated to the point of no longer enjoying the game. Having hard core or nightmare like difficulty for the elite players who have epic gear and high level enchants is fine. Give them an epic challenge (just please don't drop even higher gear that then negates that challenge).

However the large number of more casual players as well as new players, should have areas they can play in and enjoy. Pre mod 6 my wife and I (both lev 60) found Sharandar and Dread Ring quire fun and challenging, of course we had very low enchants (lev 5s mostly). Still it was fun and challenging for us. Now the game is a constant struggle for me and not really fun, and she has just given up.
  • daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At their current speed and heading there won't be a Mod 7. There isn't really a MOD 6 in my opinion. There is a cheap rehash of old content hastily constructed to fill a gap for the 60 to 70 grind. The singular exception is Spinward Rise which I found fun and interesting.

Once you complete those areas in a few days, you find yourself right back where you were. You run the same dungeons, same campaign content in the ****tier gear to do exactly what you did over the past couple years for some stuff with a different name. Did you kill Tiamat/Run the hoard quest over 100 times for all those Linu's favors. Did you run MC, CN, VT, etc a multiplicity of times for gear? Looking forward to doing all that again because laziness equals zero new endgame content? You have even fewer places to go because many of those places didn't even get a facelift, just the axe.

While there is some merit in raising the bar on difficulty, they raised the bar a bit too far and pretty much killed soloing with a companion for many. I did all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. With level 70, Arti weapons, eternal gear and decent enchants, I have a less than even chance of surviving an encounter with any typical group of mobs in any of the campaign zones. Insert a few adds, which is typical, and it's game over. The beefing up of the mobs and concurrent nerfing of life steal almost out of existence means 3 mobs get combat advantage on you and you die quickly. Those mobs are 73, that magical level where your effective damage plummets. Used to be 5 levels of difference for that to happen, now it's two.

The most disappointing aspect of the entire module is that they squandered such an awesome story line with Misnc and Boo on such a dog <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of an update. so many things with great potential were done so half-assed. I've played my share of MMO's and I've seen major updates I didn't like. I can't say for certain this is the worst I've ever seen, but it's in the top 3. All updates have bugs and mistakes to be fixed. But there is one major flaw I don't see a fix for. the complete lack of ANY actual new end game content. ZERO, NADA, ZIP, BUPKISS.
  • daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The "Difficulty" is NOT because its hard-good but hard-bad. Meaning it doesn't take SKILL to not get 1 shot, it just takes luck to not get 1 shot.

That pretty much sums up what is wrong with MOD 6 from the "fights are too hard" perspective. Well said.
  • dewwhiskersdewwhiskers Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    Reposted from what I wrote in th Patch Notes forum:

Currently the only thing I care about is playability--the game has become much too difficult to be fun. I see no notes addressing this. Since Elemental Evil I have sold off gear I spent months acquiring, made level 70, bought Eternal Gear (we'll all be wearing this soon), and still get clobbered by wolves in IceWind Dale.

If they had wanted to make the game more difficult, they could have implemented over time and allowed adjustment--over time. Wrecking our characters was a bad move. I drive the game solo, so I don't have incoming healing spells or someone to revive me the numerous times I die per day. I won't pay for Scrolls of Life forever, and that's the only way to get unbroken play out of the game.

Has anyone noticed the Draconic Heralds are hardly even challenged anymore? I have only seen the Black one killed successfully once. There are too few players left, and now no one even goes after the White one.

A roll back of half the difficulty would probably save the game. I have only been reading the forums since Mod 6, because I just like playing the game. I don't have time to argue every flip and switch in the mechanics, but have become seriously perturbed by the current experience.

People actually have been challenging the heralds but it is extremely rare for people to kill more than 2 or 3 before they run out of time. Also, really tough minions seems to spawn during the dragon fight now as part of the encounter. Usually you need a few tanks to go after those to keep them off the dragon fighters. I have seen the white dragon attacked and killed several times even with the new mod but this mostly seems to be a result of some players not realizing yet that the new starting dragon has changed. If you watch the chat box you will without fail start seeing the more organized players telling you to come to X instance and to start at green dragon. The green dragon is now considered the starting dragon, more people attack it than any other color. If you want to do heralds, show up on an instance with a high population and head to the green dragon. Don't expect to get to kill more than 2 or 3, these dragons are much harder than they used to be.

The Tiamat run is still impossible since everybody just dies before they even reach the black head. You take ridiculous amounts of damage just for approaching the dragon heads now and I've even been seeing the tanks drop like flies just from this damage, forget the breath weapons, you'd be lucky just to survive long enough to hit a head. On top of this, for some reason, I'm now seeing a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of players, including numerous players that previously had very high gs, not take any dragon souls. You will have maybe 2 people with green souls one with red and nobody else takes any, still not sure why, it sure as hell does not seem to be helping.

This mod is ******ed and broken.

While I'm at it, anyone reading this really needs to know how to use the dragon souls if they don't already. Black and white souls work as cures and should be used after the dragon spits it's breath weapon to end the acid effect or to unfreeze players. The other soul colors work like safe zones or shields and should be used right before the dragon spit's it's breath weapon when you see the ground go red. NEVER use a dragon soul on a different color head or breath weapon than the soul itself. I constantly see people use their green souls on the black head's breath weapon thinking that will somehow protect people. Souls only work if used on the same color dragon they came from.
  • dewwhiskersdewwhiskers Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    Also, I think the level cap increase was unnecessary, its a completely pointless change and this game would have done better just to keep the cap at 60 and add more content people would want to invest their time and resources in. Why did they even leave all the level 60 purple gear and artifact weapons in this game? Nobody is going to buy them or spend the resources to upgrade them when the level 70 stuff is so much stronger.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jenacyde wrote: »
    I already voted can't stand mod 6, but now that I have leveled up wanted to add to why...
    Bored already, Completed Dread ring, Sharandar, WOD, IWD when I was 60. Now nothing to do but farm old dungeons I have already completed to get better gear to do what I can already do better?
    Nothing new here. Looking for new game to play.

I loved this game previously and I would have paid a monthly amount for it to continue to be fun. I like how things are harder but not fun when same old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just repeated. Now will never pay money into this game until they actually add new content. Too many bugs that aren't being addressed at all.
    Also, I think the level cap increase was unnecessary, its a completely pointless change and this game would have done better just to keep the cap at 60 and add more content people would want to invest their time and resources in. Why did they even leave all the level 60 purple gear and artifact weapons in this game? Nobody is going to buy them or spend the resources to upgrade them when the level 70 stuff is so much stronger.

Increase to level 70, its fine, but force us to farm the old dungeons again where we already farmed over 2 year! If they release some new dungeons instead recycling old dungeons, the whole feeling of mod6 will a lot different. Only the world lazy can explained. Otherwise, won't it be better just create new map and dungeons and leave all others alone?
    NO BIG changes on 23th patch, so disappointed, issues still exist.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [...]And GG PVP - 10 VS 10 ?I loved 20 vs 20 , if u wanted to bring out 10 vs 10 then it should have been a new tipe of PVP with a new map.[...]

^^^^ My opinion is absolutely the same!

Bring back the old GG PvE => PvP => Dwarf Crypts rota. Sure, 1337 playerz will probably find it boring since they've played it since Mod 1 or 2, but for newer players (and alt chars) it's been a good and entertaining way to get into a) the game's different aspects, b) basic level 60 gear, c) PvP at all, and d) a guild.

Then add that 10 vs. 10 mode with at least three new maps,, and the PvP community will love you.

But Mod 6? It barely skimmed my "Enough is enogh - let's move!"-threshold after Mod 5's "Blood, sweat, toil and Tia's"-monotony...
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I disagree, 10 v 10 is amazing.

Less lag.

More tactical gameplay.

More intensity.

Less of people holding 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 at the spawn.

Also, why is it constantly asked to bring in the new maps? They've been reusing the assets ever since the beta, I do not see how is it possible to opt for the new maps when it's more than evident that the original team behind the game is long gone.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • wishbone11wishbone11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the double XP, after you lowered all the zones that were decent to almost nothing, then you get double, wooohooooo, so now the few places that had decent xp are now lower than Level 30 players get for any quest, nice. Was that what was intended, to slow down leveling, shouldn't all the xp acrossed the board be lowered, from level 1 up. Maybe you wanted it to be slow so you could figure out how to fix this before everyone got to 70 and found out there was nothing there...........
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    c1k4ml3kc3 wrote: »
    I disagree, 10 v 10 is amazing.
    [...]

Sure it is, but 20 vs. 20 was, too.

And, if you look into the posts, you'll find that everybody says "Absolutely do do 10v10 - as an additional mode."

So what's there to disagree for you???
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I voted can't stand it, and I have only 1 question to the dev's...

Who okayed this? How did it get passed several layers of testing and quality control?

This has been one of my favorite games and the 1 to 60 lvling is fantastic, I love the story-lines... I barely even notice the lvling process because the logical progression and stories is sooooo good!

I don't see anyone mentioning this but I think it's worth commenting on, the lack of voice acting is just one more reason that makes the repeatables annoying and nonsensical.

It appears too me that 90% of the content has no voice acting. That being said I haven't yet completed everything, I am at lvl 64...
  • norisman1norisman1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I only have two words that come to mind about Mod 6 that are not cursing, swearing and or foul lol :P "EPIC FAIL"
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dionchi wrote: »
    Additional content I can appreciate.
    New storylines to keep things interesting I really like.
    *The new invocation system doesn't seem very user friendly for the casual player with a real life or a job.
    Making some previously existing dungeons harder so they are nearly impossible to quest by a single player sucks and
    Making the armor and weapons that some people actually paid money to purchase suddenly obsolete, that sucks big time.

But then that's just my opinon.

*Update:

Appreciatively someone pointed out the module 6 webpage explaining the new invocation parameters (I did look for it but didn't find it) and I discovered the invoked coins no longer disappear if not invoked on schedule. That is an excellent thing, a big thanks for that.

I am still trying to figure out how to make it through the Sharandar and Dread Ring quests without repeatedly getting killed.

I used to be able to do it with the weapons and armor I purchased, but since Mod 6 all seem to be able to do is get killed so far.

Buying ZEN to purchase new and better gear is not an option at this point so I guess I will continue to invoke and quest hoping for an AD windfall eventually, because spending money to purchase gear just to have it made obsolete in the same areas where it used to work in a few months is something I am unable to conscience at least until I win the lottery or something.

This module was designed to give the illusion of new content, while simultaneously creating a need to spend more money at the Zen store. Plain and simple. The game was designed with that in mind from the beginning, but initially there was still entertainment value.

I have personally already contacted Wizards of the Coast to express my concern about damage to the reputation of the trademark.

I hope others follow suit
  • skandranon68skandranon68 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Voted for "i can't stand it".

I worked long and hard to get a couple of characters that could do a bit of damage/be of help alone or in a group.
    Now? I am worse off than a newbie. I got so fed up of ending dead against enemies that normally I wouldn't have given a single spare thought that I am seriously evaluating if keep on playing or giving up entirely.
    Sharandar, Icewind Dale and Dread Ring are now off limit, Validra and Castle Never now a far off dream, and Tiamat something to wonder about but impossible to gain.
    And that I found annoying going from one level to another in a single area, having levels removed and making it even harder to get anywhere. And repeating the same things over and over again? Come on guys!!!!!!
    Also issues with powering up (I am at level 68 with my warlock and I cannot choose feats or powers for reasons unknown), companions dearly paid (and not only with in-game coins) now basically worthless make this new module a huge mistake, in my personal opinion.
    Hope that PW will make some adjustment, since it looks to me that the general response to this module is negative.......