test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Giant (spoilerish) post of scrying orb locations

12346»

Comments

• chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just went and look, but the second scrying orb in Neverdeath is not there (Craftman's Rest).
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tonyswu wrote: »
    I just went and look, but the second scrying orb in Neverdeath is not there (Craftman's Rest).

Last I looked it was there, but a mysterious wall of force was blocking access.

I could walk up to within a few feet of it, but I then hit an invisible wall and could not interact with it.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you very much!
  • mechcountmechcount Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is Forward Camp one still bugged?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mechcount wrote: »
    Is Forward Camp one still bugged?

No, it was fixed before module 2 went live.
  • tektrotektro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    does the acheivements give u a title or sumthing interesting? or simply more acheivements in the acheivements page?
    one'S cool the other is moot. i'd like to know
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tektro wrote: »
    does the acheivements give u a title or sumthing interesting? or simply more acheivements in the acheivements page?
    one'S cool the other is moot. i'd like to know

Syka posted the titles that can be earned on the previous page.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Last I looked it was there, but a mysterious wall of force was blocking access.

I could walk up to within a few feet of it, but I then hit an invisible wall and could not interact with it.

I encountered the same thing. I submitted a bug report but no telling how long it will take to get fixed. I know it USED to work at least for the other characters I played.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    For the one in the Rib Cage I suspected it was up there, I just have not been able to make the jumps. Need more practice I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    FYI, the one in Neverdeath was fixed in the last patch.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually there are several. One for getting all three in each zone and ones for getting three in 3, 7 and 10 zones.
    someoneod wrote: »
    Is there an achievement for these then? Or just for curiosity's sake?
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    According to the preview server patch notes one of the stones in the Tower District will be fixed. Didn't know one was inaccessible, when did that happen? As I was able to get to all of them a few months ago.

What is the trick to jumping along the platforms to get to the one up in the scaffolding in the Rib Cage of the Dread Ring? I cannot seem to make those jumps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    syka08 wrote: »
    If you jump for the smaller peg (the one your character is blocking in the image) rather thant he large one, it makes it a lot easier on that last scry stone. So GWFs and GFs who have no dash can get to it that way, my friend and I found out.
    What is the trick to jumping along the platforms to get to the one up in the scaffolding in the Rib Cage of the Dread Ring? I cannot seem to make those jumps.

The two quotes above yours were what helped me get across the platforms. I struggled a bit on my first character but it seemed much easier on the second I ran through there. Jumping puzzles in this game cause me anxiety. :P
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I went back and edited while you were probably posting this, but thanks! X3

If you jump for the smaller peg (the one your character is blocking in the image) rather thant he large one, it makes it a lot easier on that last scry stone. So GWFs and GFs who have no dash can get to it that way, my friend and I found out.

Thanks again for helping me and my friend find the last two yesterday in game! Much obliged
    Helpful hint: My jump skill on my GF was just not good enough to make it from 3rd platform to the walkway, so I was able to do it by jumping on the rock ledge beside the platform instead, then running to the edge of the ledge and jumping to the walkway from there. (PS I used large crate/peg to start rather than the smaller peg at the start.) My sister, a TR was also able to do it this way.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Jumping on the ledge is the only way I've done it with any of my characters.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited May 2014
    Found 1 in Icewind Dale so far.

2113, -569 "Icewind Pass"
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Found 1 in Icewind Dale so far.

2113, -569 "Icewind Pass"

Ebonfrost Scree: On a glacier (1617, 644)
    Kelvin's Cairn: In the cave in Biggrin's Rest (170, 493)

according to the wiki
    contents to be decided
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ebonfrost Scree: On a glacier (1617, 644)
    Kelvin's Cairn: In the cave in Biggrin's Rest (170, 493)

according to the wiki

Stumbled across that one by chance when I went exploring. Great view if you continue up to the summit :D
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited May 2014
    Forgot to write down the coordinates, but found one in Dwarf Valley. If you look at the PvP area border, you will see a notch, it's located in that notch, up on the hill. You can see the purple glow from the path if you look up. Will edit this to include the coordinates when I get back there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    In Dwarven Valley....there's one on the Temple on the East side. Just past the trolls on the bridge then jump to the front of the temples ledge. Don't look down. :eek:
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    IWP
    -Far back of the cave at Biggrins
    -on a flat spot high on the other side of the mountain from the dead remorhaz (overlooking PVP zone)
    -on wooded hill overlooking SE young remorhaz nest. If at the nest, face towards the center of the map

DW
    -Midway up the large structure build into the cliff where the Hammerstone anvil quest finishes. East part of map, SE of the mining structure
    -On a hill/plateau along the northern edge around the village.
    -On a hill at the edge of the PVP zone, head south from the Battlehammer camp following the PVP zone. There's a place where the red dips in. The stone is just on the edge, you'll get a warning when you approach but I've never gotten flagged.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited May 2014
    Here are the map coordinates for Dwarven Valley:

308, 1011 Haftwood
    1757, 1175 Bruenor's Climb
    777, 2733 Daledrop Vale
  • baubonwnbaubonwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hotenow
    2527, 1333

Thank you for the coordinates!
  • jimiticus4jimiticus4 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ding! Achieved title of Master Scyer. That was a nice vacation from grinding.
    Here are some of my comments, edits and questions:
    1. As a level 60, it’s easier to find scrying stones at the lower levels. I can just pull over to the side of the road, put my mount in neutral and look at the map to get my bearings. Took more time in higher zones due to the pesky mobs.
    2. Would be nice if you could create your own point of interest by entering specific coordinates.
    3. Sometimes I knew I was close based upon the coordinates and description, but I still couldn’t see it – but I could hear it. – So I knew I was close. If you stand real still and perk your ears up, you can hear the scrying stone’s creepy magical underwater metallic whirring sound.
    For #3, the coordinates are: 2014, 2896. It’s at the exact spot for point of interest #8. That was the worst jumping puzzle since Guild Wars. Look at your zone map. Notice the second from left rib. From the west side of rib, there’s a wooden platform with barrels etc. Begin jumping on top of hanging square tiles. At the third square, jump onto the edge of the walkway. Once on edge, jump over onto walkway. Continue on walkway to the scrying stone.
    Other Edits:
    Pirates Skyhold:
    Northeatern Sunken Town can be North East of point of interest # 8
    Whispering Caverns:
    Slave Pits can be Zesraena area
    Scaffolded Tunnel can be Steelshell mine just west of NPC Antor Bren
    Gauntlgrym:
    Er, couldn’t get in. I guess I need to be in a guild… *coughs awkwardly*
    Sharandar:
    #2 Heart of the Grove From campfire #8, travel west across bridge. Stop at end of bridge. On the south side of bridge will be the scrying stone.
    #3 North East of point of interest #3. At wall past the Formian Warrior area.

IceWind Dale
    #1 Far back of cave at Biggrins. 174, 494 Note: Not in Biggrin’s instance.
    #2 Icewind Dale Pass 1612, 643 Start from the torch thing on the main road. Travel by mount north east (2:30 clock position) up to the flat spot.
    # North West of second nest for While They’re Young. 2106, 571

Dwarven Valley
    #2 Dale Drop Vale 772, 2731
    #3 Haftwood 305, 1006
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • rocketabbyrocketabby Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fiery Pit, found two of the three
    Merchant District 339, 946
    Up the stairs from the Mushroom Garden 973, 1590
  • rocketabbyrocketabby Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Reclamation Rock
    One in the area where you collect the alms, side yard.
    Second is behind the NPC's (third set of vigilance tasks area) outside the Hold
    Third is behind a tree near the graveyard. Heard it before I saw it.
    Will post coordinates soon.
  • chibiiisanchibiiisan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The 3rd Orb on Helm's Hold can be found on the rooftop of a building.
    873, 1719 are the coordinates. From nr 12 "The collapse" south under the first gate you see. Next to the gate are a bunch of crates stacked next to a big grey rock leaning against the building, jump on the rock and on the ledge of the rooftop. You will see on your right the scrying orb, you will have to jump from the ledge to the other rooftop with the orb on it. This is the "Helm's Hold Keep" Orb.