test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anybody finished T2?

skpalantirskpalantir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
That's my question, is there any party, that can finish t2 cragmire or wolf den? Honestly, I don't know how to do it and I'm just interesting, can someone do it, or not. I'm not asking about tactits or what bugs were used for it. I just want to know that it is doable and we should keep trying.
Post edited by skpalantir on

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am curious to know if people will be honest on this thread. Supposedly, there are people doing them, but exploits may be used during the completion.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • shahafnoyshahafnoy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    I am curious to know if people will be honest on this thread. Supposedly, there are people doing them, but exploits may be used during the completion.

I think most of the groups going there are exploiting.
    I finished t2, one time, then when i saw the gameplay i lost fun :C
    Arohan - 3k CW
    Arohan-DC - 3k DC
    Che Guevara - 3.6k OP tank
    Hodor - 2.6k GWF
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With a bugged DC and a paladin, it's quite easy, the whole group is invicible all the time.
  • skpalantirskpalantir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    With a bugged DC and a paladin, it's quite easy, the whole group is invicible all the time.

the whole group, but not paladin. he just have 80% rezist to all damage, that he take fom the group. And sometimes tere are damage about 4kk and this can oneshot even paladin with a lot of temporary hp and rezist cap.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know of no one who has done it without a few of the exploits currently in the game, (hr, dc, pally)

However, its not like every dc is trait-ed to use it (you have to pick a specific line, or spend points up to it) of which we will not point out details. In addition, you can further exploit it, by going a specific paragon and a offhand power (both of which I do not use atm to avoid it)

Frankly this smacks of the time when another , un-named DC power allowed people to defeat mad dragon and castle never, all of which wouldn't have happened without that power.

What I want is a generally re-scaling of some of this damage, to allow a broader scope of people to accomplish the t2s, they seem to have a hard time with this, either making it a blow through via power creep, or not winnable without certain exploits.

Will people get to the point they can beat these if these items are fixed? Ya, but poeple are going to have to get pretty heavy gear score item level, in addition of not making any mistakes in some of these boss fights to do it.

If the toned down the grind level of how many seals you need, you can farm some of the mini bosses and get your protector setup easier, allowing more poeple to finish bosses (in theory anyways)
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was trying many times, but succeeded only with HR bug.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ToS is doable with no exploits or cheats. GWD and CC's first two bosses too. Final boss in GWD is a bit tricky to kill and blackdagger in cragmire is probably not possible to kill as it is.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if its still the case but wolf den boss could be done with a perma stealth rogue pre mod 6. I they still cannot see through stealth then it is certainly possible in theory to do it (but probably very slow).
  • jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Gwd mechanic is quite manageable. CC is hell. Tos is hell unless you have the perfect group ( bis/super experienced people/played for year/uber synergy). The t2 were totally not meant for casual/regular players/non bis/not full of rank 10 mini/ full of artifacts legendary-mythic.
    Only for hardcore players >_>
    T1 difficulty is just fine.
  • elimin3elimin3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    FYI, there is no paladin exploit, only that having unlimited AP allows you to string DP and Heroism. Which makes you nearly un-killable, unless you party stands in the red, in which you get one shot. This is mainly a DC exploit. But as I freely admit this... the game is impossible on non-AP maxed runs.. impossible. With 10k Defense, 5k Deflection, while blocking, 114k health, two skeletons literally 2 shot me.
    "It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously." Peter Ustinov
  • elimin3elimin3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And I somewhat agree with jharlis, T1, is not terrible, and some tweaking to our tanking classes ability to take a darn hit will make them very manageable. But it requires all classes working together.

I am not angry with Cryptic developers however, they have already apologized and have recognized the issues. That is all a guy can ask for really. Hopefully it will get better, cause the reality now is unplayable content makes for a game not worth playing. They basically hit the reset button, they also eliminated massive AD holes, they also improved content design... now they are going to remove the exploits first... then allow for real testing again... and will eventually apply balance. This was sorely needed and I cannot wait to see what comes from it.
    "It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously." Peter Ustinov
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Current T2 state is...if somebody remembers it, Valindra dungeon when module 2 was released. I think old players remember how Valindra was regulary defeated at the beginning of that module.

I tried Cragmire runs going queue to test.

I can say dungeons are doable if the team has competent DC or palading or both, that can protect, or DC and GF tank, and 3 DPS with good damage that know how to play and kill fast.
    Protection is key cause without it, oneshot hits fly a lot. Don't know if skilled players can do it without protective classes, but so far my opinion is they are the core of the group.

Bosses are doable, same way.

End boss...let's just say i can't say if hard to fight or not... -.-'

What i would fix/tone down are one-shot hits through protections (seriously?) or one-shot hits from trash mobs normal attacks (again, seriously?) on a 90-100k HP toon. I'd say red areas one-shots ok, and normal hit one-shots from bosses if you don't dodge or are not protected. But currently, T2s can use a bit of balancing here and there to make them still challenging but with a logic behind.

Just to avoid the current, typical "oh look, a small little spider...how cu... *dead*" or "ok, DC EAS is on me, i'm blessed/ in unstoppable/ my thick GF shield raised, nothing to fear. Let's attack!--->punched by boss normal attack--->dead".

1600 iLvL are doable with good team. Hard, you're always on the edge, but doable and fun.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    1600 iLvL are doable with good team. Hard, you're always on the edge, but doable and fun.

Absolutely...and you dont need any bugs/exploits. For example:
    Yesterday i made VT with GF/TR/DC/DC/GWF ( me). Smooth run. Some wipes ( mostly cuzz some lags where horrofying ^^), but much fun. No nuke anymore on bosses. You have to play tactic. I like it ^^.

• abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have completed Epic ToS without exploits. After doing so and receiving nothing (no Cache of the Protector, which they are supposedly fixing with the patch today) I stopped attempting T2's. There's no point if there's no reward.

I did, however, attempt Epic GWD and CC on preview before Mod 6 launched. I did not come close to beating them even with really good groups. Not sure if they are possible without exploits. I have seen screenshots of people who have beaten Epic CC, but I doubt they were done legitimately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    I have completed Epic ToS without exploits. After doing so and receiving nothing (no Cache of the Protector, which they are supposedly fixing with the patch today) I stopped attempting T2's. There's no point if there's no reward.

I did, however, attempt Epic GWD and CC on preview before Mod 6 launched. I did not come close to beating them even with really good groups. Not sure if they are possible without exploits. I have seen screenshots of people who have beaten Epic CC, but I doubt they were done legitimately.

The tome now shows if the coffers available instead of taken, for me at least I had to wait for the daily reset for it to become correct, it was in the wrong state after the patch, perhaps it is what happened to you.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    I have completed Epic ToS without exploits. After doing so and receiving nothing (no Cache of the Protector, which they are supposedly fixing with the patch today) I stopped attempting T2's.

That's correct, yesterday's patch should have indeed fixed the issue. For those curious, the functionality of the caches has changed slightly as well, namely, availability will reset at the same time every morning instead of 18 hours after receiving a cache. This functionality had to change due to the nature of the issue, however, we hope that for most players this will be an improved experience, allowing you to run a dungeon for your daily cache without worrying about the time you received your cache the previous day.
    • Daily dungeon bonus rewards, specifically the "Cache of the Elements" and "Cache of the Protector" rewards granted upon completing eligible epic dungeons have undergone the following changes: After receiving a daily cache, a player will become eligible to receive that cache again after the daily reset, which occurs at 2 AM PST (3 AM PDT, 6 AM EDT, 10 AM GMT), as opposed to 18 hours after receiving their cache. A player must open any cache from the previous day in order to receive a new cache upon completion of a dungeon. Failure to do so may result in the loss of a cache, however, if a player opens their old cache immediately after defeating an eligible boss, they will be granted their new day's cache immediately.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues receiving daily caches.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its like asking if any body have seen jesus lately
  • rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    etos is pretty easy to spank with good players. lets just say ecc isnt atm....well not for my teams.

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Might this "fix" for the cache be causing the issue with the Dungeons event not unlocking the chest which it is always supposed to do...this is on normal leveling dungeons and not the epic variety.
  • jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Did a ToS today, legit, it was pretty much nerfed down after thursday's patch.
    CC is still a huge pile a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, Traven will one shot you when he goes berserk, doesn't matter what you do.
    Haven't tried GwD post patch.
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My GF tank also feels clunky and immobile in the new content. You always have to reposition yourself to avoid hits from behind that will one-shot you and the unresponsive shield makes it hard to twist and turn fast enough.

Especially eCC is bad because the boss can port behind you and you might have no chance to turn and get your guard up (again).
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The dungeons' current design is in direct contradiction with at least 2 classes. You see, take both our tanks - Paladin and GF. Both are absorption tanks, meaning they move slowly, they aggro, they soak damage so that the party is safe. Simple enough right? The dungeons however are made for avoidance tanks, meaning they move fast, they aggro, they dodge and the party is safe. As a result of this and some nasty bugs, the only people who finish dungeons are exploiters with cc and dps heavy parties.

Cryptic failed miserably, they made it so any dungeon queue must have a tank but then they made dungeons unplayable for tanks. My Paladin has 100k HP ( still not farmed the pvp gear ), has 80k temp HP, has Absolution on, 45% DR, has Sanctuary up..and dies in 1 or 2 hits from any Elol boss ( even the trash drake red aoe can finish me )

Until something is done PVE dungeons are dead to me

its kind of like bosses either had % chance to ignore DR on hit, roll for instakill, or have really high armor pen, 1st boss in elol usually 1shots me at start through shield@ and whatever buffs i have on me, sometimes without even being near, then im ressed and for the rest of the fight its ok and i can tank the boss and the drake, same sometimes happens with scorpions, though it might be because of the shield delay, scorps auto attack hits for some 130k+ through 50% dr

would be nice knowing precise monster stats and interaction with different DR buffs so we can build around it
    Paladin Master Race
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I find it funny how GWD and ToS are quite possible whereas CC is completely out of scale.
  • sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ToS is the easiest one of t2 if you have the right classes with right skills in your team... though the way you do it is pure exploiting. Also I once got into wolf den with two remaing players almost immediately leaving. Only the first boss was killed and since I am TR, I managed to kill the second one without exploiting... though some people still call stealth a cheat. I even got to the last boss (several mobs I had to kill before the entrance seemed even tougher than the second boss!) and got tank, cleric and warlock with quite good gear in the party - and we stil died when boss' HP was a bit higher than half, and a lot of mobs appeared. I must say, it is still easy to stay alive if you run in circles, but the boss is too tough. so this way it'll take hours to kill her.
    Lair of Lostmauth is not impossible if you have experienced players, healer at least and if you are lucky enough. Can't say anything about Valindra, and Malabog is not too hard to kill, but lags outside the castle are awful. We got to the dragon and after two tries I left the party since I am almost useless with such slow-mode graphics.

It is ironic I think that now players actually use teamwork of different classes... just to get the bugs work. Was that your purpose, cryptic?
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    sher0013 wrote: »
    ToS is the easiest one of t2 if you have the right classes with right skills in your team... though the way you do it is pure exploiting. Also I once got into wolf den with two remaing players almost immediately leaving. Only the first boss was killed and since I am TR, I managed to kill the second one without exploiting... though some people still call stealth a cheat. I even got to the last boss (several mobs I had to kill before the entrance seemed even tougher than the second boss!) and got tank, cleric and warlock with quite good gear in the party - and we stil died when boss' HP was a bit higher than half, and a lot of mobs appeared. I must say, it is still easy to stay alive if you run in circles, but the boss is too tough. so this way it'll take hours to kill her.
    Lair of Lostmauth is not impossible if you have experienced players, healer at least and if you are lucky enough. Can't say anything about Valindra, and Malabog is not too hard to kill, but lags outside the castle are awful. We got to the dragon and after two tries I left the party since I am almost useless with such slow-mode graphics.

It is ironic I think that now players actually use teamwork of different classes... just to get the bugs work. Was that your purpose, cryptic?

Yeah, this is pretty much how T2's are done now, nearly every method used to beat these dungeons now would certainly be considered exploiting by Cryptic. Nearly any party (even ones full of BIS) who try to take these dungeons head on end up dead in short order. There are specific ways to make every fight bearable but very few wouldn't be considered exploiting by the morally-righteous and the devs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • no0ther1no0ther1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We have finished all 3 T2s (CC/ToS/GWD) completely legit without any bugs/exploits (and also no overpowered Paladin) in pretty much M5 BiS/near BiS gear (legendaries, r8-r10) and a mix of purples and blues of the new head/chest/arms/boots. GWD and CC pretty much 4man since one was useless and in the other one one died at 50%.
    This was before the 23/4 patch - We haven't attempted CC/GWD legit since the patch, so not sure if anything has been made easier. ToS indeed felt easier legit though.

Please stop whining, throw your M5 maximum-damage-faceroll-mentality away, turn your head on, make good synergizing teams and get some skill - and pray it doesn't start to lag.

I'd say a GF and 2 CW who can actually control and protect the GFs back are mandatory. A healing DC should be there but it might be possible without. 5th class can be whatever.

Also, make sure no one in your party uses Transcendent Feytouched as it is bugged and increases enemies damage by up to 5000%.

@Cryptic: Please, please DON'T change the difficulty. It is perfect as it is now (or was, before 23/4, in case anything changed). We have waited since M0 for this, don't make it a faceroll-fest again. You just forgot to add loot to the T2s. Unfortunately there will be no point in playing them anymore, after people have all the Protector seals to get the BiS gear.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this game is in full titanic mode