test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Xbox Known Issues

Comments

• randomonikerrandomoniker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I understand that you are "working" on the issues but, this last maintenance made the game run worse than it already was...at least, for the people I know that are playing.
    Can anyone tell me why the "map couldn't get the names from the map manager" still? Whatever it is needs to be checked, yesterday.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone have any trouble playing Neverwinter wirelessly? I can play every other game but this one. Suggestions? Other than using a wired-connection of course.
    Get a faster wireless router (802.11ac) and don't use (many) other wireless devices while you're playing. Low latency is much more important in an MMO than in shooters and other matchmaking-type multiplayer where the system tries to group you with geographically close users with similar ping.
  • prekbrownstarprekbrownstar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Get a faster wireless router (802.11ac) and don't use (many) other wireless devices while you're playing. Low latency is much more important in an MMO than in shooters and other matchmaking-type multiplayer where the system tries to group you with geographically close users with similar ping.

This is very helpful. Thank you!
    edited April 2015
    This is very helpful. Thank you!
    No problem. You also want to make sure the router is positioned so your XB1 gets full signal strength. Things can slow down quickly as the signal weakens.
    edited April 2015
    No problem. You also want to make sure the router is positioned so your XB1 gets full signal strength. Things can slow down quickly as the signal weakens.

Yea. I don't think that's the problem. I have it ten feet from the XB1 (although it's through a wall but it doesn't seem to be affecting signal strength). I bet it's the ****ty wireless router I have that only pushes 18MBPS...
    edited April 2015
    I bet it's the ****ty wireless router I have that only pushes 18MBPS...
    The bandwidth is fine; it's the latency that's killing you. You need to lower ping more than increase Mbps. A wire all but eliminates local latency, but you said that's not an option. If you're going through a wall, you're going to want to configure the router to broadcast/receive on the lowest frequency possible (20MHz or 40MHz). Higher frequencies shorten range and increase packet loss/dropout.

A wire will always be better.

Another thing to consider is that the problem might not be your local network. It could just be latency in your connection to the Neverwinter server. As I said, the way MMOs work is different than player-hosted, matchmade games that are typical on consoles.
  • bulshovek85bulshovek85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, first week of playing and so far it seems either the Xbox can't handle this game or you all thought it would be fine without changing the graphic settings and your own load balancing plan, which doesnt work, at all on console. Today, after the maintanence, I seemed to have had an easier time since I wasn't dropping every time I changed zones or instances or went into a dungeon/skirmish, it was still happening but only about 1 out of 8 changes. Now to replace that it seems the game is crashing. I can still get back to the Xbox dashboard after it flat out takes a dump on itself but how am I supposed to enjoy this? This should be your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY NOT PUSHING MORE CONTENT! Not sure if I will be back to play. Yes I know its free to play but as with most games I like to pay the people that make games I enjoy so I pay for content to giveback. Now I feel like I made a very bad choice.
    edited April 2015
    The bandwidth is fine; it's the latency that's killing you. You need to lower ping more than increase Mbps. A wire all but eliminates local latency, but you said that's not an option. If you're going through a wall, you're going to want to configure the router to broadcast/receive on the lowest frequency possible (20MHz or 40MHz). Higher frequencies shorten range and increase packet loss/dropout.

A wire will always be better.

Another thing to consider is that the problem might not be your local network. It could just be latency in your connection to the Neverwinter server. As I said, the way MMOs work is different than player-hosted, matchmade games that are typical on consoles.

I went and bought a dang cord. You were/are right, the latency is just too much. I isolated my XB1 so that it was the only item running on the WiFi and I still was lagging out. Now I have a cord running across my room that looks like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but oh well, at least I can play.
  • unepitaphedunepitaphed Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sl4y37 wrote: »
    Snyone else having issues with a GWF not having stamina after releasing?

Yeah, I'm having that issue too.
  • leatherass3leatherass3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The amount of D/C is crazy and i see no attempt to fix it , Also there is a never ending amount of people kicking out others for no reason , nothing to do with playing or gear and i think the makers should make it so that 4 people need to agree to kick one because its ruining the game even more when its a lotto just to get into the dungeon in the first place with the no map D/C , I would advise anyone not to spend a penny on this game because of the no effort to fix it plus all the really annoying things like the loot system and the way most of the screen is covered to when i loot is going on and letting 1 player put music on full blast and not give the other players who dont want to listen to it the option of muting them , There is a ton of really basic things like that going on that basic common sense would have stopped them being in the game in the first place ,
    The way things are going with the Xbox version of this makes me think it wont last long and any real money spent will be wasted , Ive been playing it for a while now and seen one update it seems like they have given up on it already , The game looks good and is fun to play but needs real cash for a lot of things , But no chance untill they have fixed the D/C and give some options to turn down graphics and stuff ultra setting is too much and probly doesnt help with lagg , the loot covering most of the screen is laughable that it even got thought of never mind put into the game , I hope the fix it soon or the game will probly end up in the bin like so many other MMO's , the only things its got going for it atm is its the only game like that on the Xbox
  • thesighfigirlthesighfigirl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    Greetings adventurers,

Below is a list of the known issues with Neverwinter Xbox that we are addressing currently. See the details under each list item for further clarification.

-Lag/Server Stability
    As with any online game, there can always be some lag in crowded or graphically-intense areas. However, we are currently investigating solutions to optimize performance as best we can. This continues to be one of our biggest focuses for improvements within the dev team. Expect many subsequent updates to address issues here.

-Race Reroll Token Unavailable
    We are aware that players are unable to access the race reroll tokens they have purchased. We will be releasing a fix for this in the coming month. If you are affected by this issue, please reach out to our support team at support.arcgames.com or email them directly at customerservice@perfectworld.com for assistance. Players who have purchased this will have their token once this is fixed.

-Arc Account Linking
    We are currently working to address the issues with Arc account linking and the item codes not function as intended. If you are receiving an error while doing this, please contact our support team at support.arcgames.com or email them directly at customerservice@perfectworld.com for assistance. Players who have linked their accounts, but haven't received their companion can contact our support as well to resolve this.

-Australia Release
    Neverwinter is currently in the process of receiving its Australian rating and will be available on Xbox Ones with their regions set to Australia in the coming month.

-Unsupported Language Error
    We are aware that some players with Xbox Ones set to Spanish and a few other languages are getting errors when trying to open Neverwinter. We are aiming to get a fix for this out as soon as we can. While Neverwinter will still be in English, players will be able to login without any trouble.

-Can't Change Instance/Join Party Member's Instance
    A fix is in the work for this, but we do have a work-around:
    Hit the menu button, go to Quests > Change Instances > Select the Instance you want or the instance that your party is in.

also in the middle of close to the Crown, when I get to the room that Karzov runs out of, his nhanh that are supposed to hold us off while he it escapes... They do a really good job of holding us off, because they never show up... I try killing myself, saying I'm stuck, etc. nothing seems to work.
  • auroraimperiumauroraimperium Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also, one the most important features that is broken is not mentioned here. The Auction House! The filters do not work. So when players want to search for something they want out of the thousands of items, they will never find what they want because only the maximum of 400 random items can show up. The "economy" in the game is at a halt since the beginning.
  • zdragonlordzdragonlord Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    also in the middle of close to the Crown, when I get to the room that Karzov runs out of, his nhanh that are supposed to hold us off while he it escapes... They do a really good job of holding us off, because they never show up... I try killing myself, saying I'm stuck, etc. nothing seems to work.

Same issue a while back. Abandon quest, log out, reboot game, and get back in and start. Worked for me. Unnecessarily tedious and annoying, eyes, but it worked.
  • squirrelywizardsquirrelywizard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For the last two days, when I try to log on I get a no shard available customer service is a joke, I regret ever pay money on this game so far
  • beets78beets78 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    RE: Close to the Crown bug - try dismissing your companion when you first enter the burning house. For some reason the companions seem to aggro the 2 guards early which breaks the mission. You can re-summon your companion before entering the final room where Karzov runs away. Hope that helps.
  • amgfailamgfail Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Due to the Xbox One's overscan issue for older model HDTVs, I need to manually adjust the borders of my screen through the use of in-game menus. The one provided in Neverwinter doesn't work (will not adjust whatsoever, so I'm missing about 1 inch around my entire screen).
    Snivy - 60 Spellstorm Renegade Control Wizard
    Abigore - 60 Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock
    -XBOX ONE PLAYER ONLY-
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amgfail wrote: »
    Due to the Xbox One's overscan issue for older model HDTVs, I need to manually adjust the borders of my screen through the use of in-game menus. The one provided in Neverwinter doesn't work (will not adjust whatsoever, so I'm missing about 1 inch around my entire screen).

Same here.
  • rickamus808rickamus808 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been playing since this game first came on the xbox one with no problems except the common disconnect when changing zones. But over the past couple of days I have been having problems connecting to the account server. I start up the game hit "A" to play and then it pops up "connecting to the account server. Please wait...." then times out and says please try again later. I've done all the common router/modem/xbox resets, and still the problem persist. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue, or has figured out a fix?
  • amgfailamgfail Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been playing since this game first came on the xbox one with no problems except the common disconnect when changing zones. But over the past couple of days I have been having problems connecting to the account server. I start up the game hit "A" to play and then it pops up "connecting to the account server. Please wait...." then times out and says please try again later. I've done all the common router/modem/xbox resets, and still the problem persist. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue, or has figured out a fix?

Whenever I tend to have a string of connection issues, they usually fix themselves after going to the Home screen and closing Neverwinter, then doing a hard restart by holding your finger on the Xbox One power button until the console shuts off. If that's not working, I'm pretty clueless.
    Snivy - 60 Spellstorm Renegade Control Wizard
    Abigore - 60 Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock
    -XBOX ONE PLAYER ONLY-
  • enakmotenakmot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could not find this issue on the forums... I cannot join any dungeons. I can enter the QUEUE but when i get teleported to the dungeon it asks me to accept the Queue invite again. and i am not in a group... i have reset the game and the issues persists. I have already run many dungeons in the past and now cannot run any...
  • itsmejustinlolitsmejustinlol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi, whenever I accept a dungeon queue I get put into an instance alone, then another queue comes up, if I accept that one I get sent out of the instance and so forth. I'm not sure whats going on, haven't been able to play a dungeon besides one where the players were on the last boss.
  • speedyzyn01speedyzyn01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mihawk5 wrote: »
    I wonder if you have any prediction to fix the neverwinter live in Brazil?
    Thank U

Me too.....
  • tnucmadnessstnucmadnesss Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i seem to have an issue when i can not locate the shard. so i cant even log into the game. does anyone else have this problem. i cant find anything on the forums to help me with this issue. i have reinstalled the game and reset my internet a few times and no joy. i have friends just switching it on and getting on with no problems. it seems strange
  • ajdorkee02ajdorkee02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    any updates about different language support?
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello, with these issues you come up with. The support team are really good with these issues.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What is the current status on the classification on NW in Australia?

It's impossible for me (and many others) to enjoy the game without access to the Australian Zen Market.
    Not going to buy Zen from anywhere else.
  • merksxxmerksxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I traded astral diamonds for 200 zen then 10 minutes later bought another 100 and it took the 200 from me what do I need to do to get it back.
  • brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2015
    Can you please look into this issue:

While leaving neverwinter running in the background and watching TV through the Xbox One - after returning to neverwinter I cannot get past the "press the a button to start" screen. I have to close neverwinter down completely to return to playing.
  • oc007ooc007o Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How about the bug that's preventing me from opening inventory? I can't sell, trade, or open inventory from the menu without it immediately crashing.
  • shepardtheweakshepardtheweak Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    it takes all day to do dread vault cos of connection/loading issues..having to turn off my xboxone and unplug it every half hour is driving me insane to the point i don't want to play neverwinter anymore hope you read this like you say you do and sort it out cos at the mo i think this game dose not belong on a console there are too many bugs and glitches its been out for over a month and nothing has improved you are slowly loosing you're player base on the console i know of at least 30 people who have uninstalled the game and would recommend other people not to play this..is that the type of reviews you want and need..please sort it out even if you have to take the game down to fix it.