test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GG > Domination in Mod 6 and switching sides

2»

Comments

• Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    I tried for hours to get into some Domination matches, yesterday. At the same time that I jumped in the queue for Dom, I joined GG. I discovered something, that many of you may already know, that the NEW GG delivers more Glory for the time and energy.

In the 6 or 7 GG's that I joined... I made 10k glory. I was on the winning side 50% of the time. I also noted something else... which is the second part of this post.

I played with and against the same people and the same toons... from the same guilds and same exact gear in every match. I don't know bout you, but I remember the names of the players I am grouped with and the people who kick my *** in PvP. So when I saw that some of them had switched sides, in GG, I was seriously like "WTF!!!!!". I asked a long time player if this was possible.

He said that some PvP guilds have a guild for each side. The toons in one are often the same in the other. He did say that the names of the guilds have to be different.

I told him that it had been minutes since I had seen them on a different team. I am not talking about 1 or 2 of them... closer to 6 or 7.

That being said, I was told that once Luskan always Luskan. Once Delzoun, always Delzoun... that the guilds decide which side they support.

If that was the case, how were these players switching sides? I checked to see... I was always Luskan.

Your alignment to Luskan or Delzoun is not yours, it's your guild's.

This is actually an old trick, many guilds have also 2 sub guilds or alt guilds, one Luskan (cause most PVP guilds are that, so better be on the winning side) and one Delzoun.

Those, who are honest stay at 1 of their desire, but yes this gives a chance to change from one minute to the other. Depends on the actual persons habit and honesty.

Now sadly PVP was and is always full of dirty tricks.

My opinion about the actual GG PVP, i like it and in the same time had to witness new problems coming with it. If some go AFK now, it hurts much much more and you are doomed to lose. This happened to me yesterday, some guys came and stood by the campfire from the first seconds. This happened with the old system too, but there you still could win, cause 1 or 2 AFKers from 20 didn't cut so deep into flesh, as it does now.

If we could have an in game Admin to report this to, this wasn't a problem, but without it many nasty behaving can actually take place unpunished.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke