test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundries are NOT working!

geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2015 in The Foundry
Foundries are down can you take a look at it?
Post edited by geministrike on

Comments

• eritheyleritheyl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nevermind, everything is fine!

/piddles

(except your Foundry problem, that's normal)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Foundry is always down for longer after a Module launch, and they have to republish the entire catalogue again.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    The foundry will come back when they have finished restoring (republishing) all the Foundry Projects. It's been this way every module release.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let's hope it won't be too long then :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Many people can't just login and you're complaining about foundry :D Hate this module already
  • doncatoblepasdoncatoblepas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    The foundry will come back when they have finished restoring (republishing) all the Foundry Projects. It's been this way every module release.
    Now the Foundry is up, but I tried two different quests and had to abort them all, since moving between maps has somehow become impossible: when clicking F on the exit area, instead of the loading screen, all I got was a "Map Transfer Failed" admin chat message. What's going on with this issue?!
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now the Foundry is up, but I tried two different quests and had to abort them all, since moving between maps has somehow become impossible: when clicking F on the exit area, instead of the loading screen, all I got was a "Map Transfer Failed" admin chat message. What's going on with this issue?!

CONFIRMED.

Just tried to play my featured foundry, First map loads fine. (empty bar)

Press F to goto Second map (map transition point fails) and returns '[Admin] Map Transfer Failed'
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • killcannonkillcannon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cannot even log into the Foundry at this time, it tells me it's currently 'unavailable'. I don't see any other posts on this or news from Perfect World/Cryptic.
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CONFIRMED.

Just tried to play my featured foundry, First map loads fine. (empty bar)

Press F to goto Second map (map transition point fails) and returns '[Admin] Map Transfer Failed'

Yep, I hope that this happens because server foundry is down.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    killcannon wrote: »
    I cannot even log into the Foundry at this time, it tells me it's currently 'unavailable'. I don't see any other posts on this or news from Perfect World/Cryptic.
    It's listed as a known issue
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?878511-M6-Known-Issues
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
    edited April 2015

Except that's from before they republished the catalogue. The map loading error is from after quests started to appear to be available again.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Except that's from before they republished the catalogue. The map loading error is from after quests started to appear to be available again.
    I'm quoting someone who said they can't log into the Foundry, and why wasn't that a posted about issue. I replied that Cryptic has listed the Foundry being down as a known issue. Loading foundry maps ingame is not relevant.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
    edited April 2015
    Oh, right, of course you are. Sorry.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• sovenorsovenor Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    Are there actually any foundry quest working? I had the map failure issue at some point in any quest i tried...
  • metonymymetonymy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd be interested to know if anyone has any single-map foundry quests available too. This is really disheartening. At least the mods know it's a known issue and are presumably working on it, but I came back specifically to replay several Foundry quests and it's frustrating not being able to do so. The Foundry really is the gem in Neverwinter's crown, I wish it was treated more like it sometimes.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just did "Old Magic" a couple days ago and it was working okay (besides the fact they published a YEAR old version 2.6a instead of 2.8.1). But working, with all map transitions.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I've been getting complaints of my Campaigns having issues when people get to where they need to zone to a new map, telling them that there is some sort of map error. Alas, I cannot even look into this as my Foundry editor button is greyed out (foundry editing disabled). Please bring foundry editing back up, so we can republish our missions if needed, and look into this map transfer issue. Also, please bring us M6 foundry assets! Thanks!
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I've been getting complaints of my Campaigns having issues when people get to where they need to zone to a new map, telling them that there is some sort of map error. Alas, I cannot even look into this as my Foundry editor button is greyed out (foundry editing disabled). Please bring foundry editing back up, so we can republish our missions if needed, and look into this map transfer issue. Also, please bring us M6 foundry assets! Thanks!

My foundry quest that was featured before m6 hit(same time as yours) was working fine. Got up to 500 plays before mod6 hit.

Now, The first custom map works fine.
    The second custom map returns an '[Admin] Map Transfer Failed message' and nothing continues.
    (If you've played it, its after the screenfade and stays stuck at 'Press F to throw up'

Both featured and published versions suffer from this. Kinda sucks =X No word if Cryptic has acknowledged this or knows about it yet.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited April 2015
    I tried Rise of Ingeloakastimizilian [NW-DHHD2GTGJ] last night since it's the only other one of mine "re-pubished."

And....trying to get to FOURTH map (Icewind Dale) failed - "[Admin] Map Transfer Failed"
    Custom Internal worked -> Caer Konig worked -> small sea coast worked -> Icewind Dale failed
    edited April 2015
    As far as I can tell everyone's having the same map transfer problem. Cryptic apparently knows about the Foundry being down after the patch, but the problem is the Foundry is up and broken. If it were down entirely it'd be less frustrating!!

Until then, does anyone know of single-map foundry quests? Those seem to work well. Visitors from the Underdark, which is featured right now (hopefully I've remembered the name right) is only one map and I was able to play through it just fine. Does anyone else have recommendations about single-map foundry quests?
    edited April 2015
    metonymy wrote: »
    Cryptic apparently knows about the Foundry Editor being down after the patch, but the problem is some Foundry quests are up and broken.

There. Fixed that for ya.

And, FYI, this is the way every module release has been. Foundry quests will get slowly re-published for several weeks while Foundry Editor is down and authors can't fix broken quests until about a month or so after the module release. Business as usual.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I am eager for the foundry to come back online, so we can see what new assets & encounters they have given us (if any). I doubt they will have given us anything else. However, with the news of Traps now taking a percentage of HP (good news, I feel), I wonder if we will have any control over that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    bardaaron wrote: »
    However, with the news of Traps now taking a percentage of HP (good news, I feel), I wonder if we will have any control over that.

I doubt we even got that - unless it is a fixed percentage which noone seems to know, I suspect our existing foundry traps will remain and they created new trap assets that won't be given to foundry without some UI changes. So, my bet is probably not.
    edited April 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    There. Fixed that for ya.

And, FYI, this is the way every module release has been. Foundry quests will get slowly re-published for several weeks while Foundry Editor is down and authors can't fix broken quests until about a month or so after the module release. Business as usual.

I thought I was pretty clear, but oh well. I'll chalk it up to the meds I take and their pound of proverbial flesh when it comes to communicating effectively.

Is this really business as usual? That's mighty depressing. The Foundry - and all of its wonderful stories - is one of the things that sets this game apart in the often-flooded free-to-play MMO market. One would hope they'd treat such a valuable asset a bit more kindly, but given the general chaos and neglect that seems to be part and parcel to people more acquainted with the Foundry, I guess that's just wishful thinking on my part. Or maybe my grapes are especially sour because I returned specifically to replay some Foundry quests. Oh well. Here's to hoping things get fixed a little more quickly than usual.
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    I doubt we even got that - unless it is a fixed percentage which noone seems to know, I suspect our existing foundry traps will remain and they created new trap assets that won't be given to foundry without some UI changes. So, my bet is probably not.
    The traps in the Featured Quests that are currently published DO hurt like crazy. I got stuck on a spike trap, which killed me in a few cycles, and my ENTIRE injury status was deep red. It took a mess of kits to clear out all those injuries.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
    edited April 2015
    essenti wrote: »
    The traps in the Featured Quests that are currently published DO hurt like crazy. I got stuck on a spike trap, which killed me in a few cycles, and my ENTIRE injury status was deep red. It took a mess of kits to clear out all those injuries.

Sigh. Nice to know they didn't even bother fixing the spike trap. Now it's a paralyzing, torturous death that destroys all your limbs.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm going to have to edit mine for sure. I played the "Featured" version, and it wiped me several times. Like the easy minion mobs, wiped me as a level 67. I also noticed that attacks now aggro nearby encounters, meaning you now have a horde to contend with if you hit one of them. Sheesh. It's not quite "back to the drawing board" but I can see where my time will be spent after reaching level 70...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    COme on Eldarth, you were complaining that the traps in the foundry wouldn't be updated and now you complain that they were updated XD
    I for one, welcome our new trap overlords.
    I'm still burned out on the game though, I might give the foundry a try when it's back, but my interest goes down with each day.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • pat1487pat1487 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    metonymy wrote: »
    Until then, does anyone know of single-map foundry quests? Those seem to work well. Visitors from the Underdark, which is featured right now (hopefully I've remembered the name right) is only one map and I was able to play through it just fine. Does anyone else have recommendations about single-map foundry quests?

Ive been doing the Devils in the Sewers quest, i think thats the name, just search for sewer or sewers
    Its not the best quest, its pretty linear, basically a monster hallway, but it does have side quests
    It works for dailies and gives a good amount of EXP if you up the difficulty and do it solo
    Thanks for the underdark recommendation ill give that a try

I hope they fix this soon, im an old player thats been gone for a year or so, came back to play pally, was looking forward to seeing the new quests people made since that was the best part of the game back when i played, started playing a really good one and then got the map transfer error and now i really want to see the end of that quest
    edited April 2015
    Only complaining that they didn't fix the spike trap. LOVE that they updated them. Doubt they added any configurability.