test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Got me a Paladin *Sword*

angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Citadel
Just an FYI: The Greycloak Paladin class weapon that comes in Hero of the North and Guardian of Neverwinter is a *sword*.

Just saying'

FTW

Paladin%20Greycloak%20Sword.jpg

Now, if they were to add a Paladin *Sword* Transmute to Zen Market Bahamut pack I'm betting' they'd sell bunches more than what they would otherwise.

//Just Asking For This.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice. Don't have that pack but thanks for sharing 'sprite
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    ghostiveghostive Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can actually use a paladin 'sword' at lvl 26 at the lion seal trader.
  • Options
    securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I also had a few swords drop that were usable by paladin. I should probably have sold them on the auction house but never thought about it.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I was so happy to be wielding a long sword!
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can actually potentially get a sword much earlier than 26
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I haven't found a sword drop as of yet (at 27 now) - so that's an RNG thing right now.

I never bother with seals or their vendors because I've usually out-leveled everything they offer by the time I can actually buy anything from them. At least with the Greycloak box I can have one the moment I finish tutorials. :)
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lvl 25 glory weapon was a sword
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On the Preview......the Earth Mace from Reclamation Rock was actually a nice looking sword. Don't know if that was fixed but look for it. :p
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really like the "Sword of the Black Earth" Looks a bit like a short rocky spear. I really want a long lance / spear looking weapon though like the Polearms GF's get.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    On the Preview......the Earth Mace from Reclamation Rock was actually a nice looking sword. Don't know if that was fixed but look for it. :p

I don't care for the look of that thing (too much like the really ugly black ice stuff) - but that's what transmutes are for! :)
    rversant wrote: »
    I really like the "Sword of the Black Earth" Looks a bit like a short rocky spear. I really want a long lance / spear looking weapon though like the Polearms GF's get.

One word: ditto.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rversant wrote: »

My GF got the Barbarian spear for scrimshaw in IWD. Have you checked there? Did just enough OPvP to get it.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm kind of hoping I'll find a GF-like Golden Dragon Sword as the level 60 artifact (if there even is any). I really like the look of that sword. The Elemental Fire sword is just not doing it for me. It looks like someone threw a branch into some hot iron and painted it red. It's hideous.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just an FYI: The Greycloak Paladin class weapon that comes in Hero of the North and Guardian of Neverwinter is a *sword*.

That's a mace, but the shield is acceptable.

Now, if they were to add a Paladin *Sword* Transmute to Zen Market Bahamut pack I'm betting' they'd sell bunches more than what they would otherwise.

//Just Asking For This.

Thanks for the Greycloaks tip, I did gladly use that!

Another sword find (though probably not intneded transmute, but AD-expensive to use for that purpose):

The Seal Merchant in Ebon Downs offers a "Severing Longsword" for gregarious price of 6 Lion Seals.
  • Options
    handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    exard3kexard3k Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can also buy low level pvp swords that work for GF and OP both, some of the few items the devs have converted to be usable by a paladin. I hope they soon will change all existing shields to be useable by paladins as well, right now it's GF-only.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    That's a mace, but the shield is acceptable.

When I opened it it was a sword (note: screenshot) - if it's now a Mace then it's been changed.
  • Options
    xxbigd1xx#7199 xxbigd1xx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    Tis Time to Melt some Ice

Pall_Sword.jpg

The Artifact weapon is a nice looking sword. :cool:

Yeah I enjoyed my fire sword til they changed it with the new patch today it says that it is a Mace but it looks like a Paddle so now I am paddling npc's to death kind of dumb looking give me back my Elemental fire sword back please.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, once I saw that paddle I dropped everything to look for a transmute. The Seal of the Pegasus Longsword of Accuracy looks nice. I changed to that one.
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Must they try so hard to jam those maces down our throats so hard that few actually want ( and paladins as a class use it less often as anyway). lol
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here's a quick way to get a swort for your paladin (if they didn't change things since I was leveling).
    Do a few runs of the low level dungeons and get yourself a few seals of the lion/manticore/pegasus and get the swords from the seal vendors in PE.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    exard3k wrote: »
    You can also buy low level pvp swords that work for GF and OP both, some of the few items the devs have converted to be usable by a paladin. I hope they soon will change all existing shields to be useable by paladins as well, right now it's GF-only.

I'd really love that - T1 or Mulhorand shields' look would IMHO be perfect for a Paladin.

When I opened it it was a sword (note: screenshot) - if it's now a Mace then it's been changed.

I seem to remember something along these lines in one of the small-patch/server-maintenance-notes, so you're probably right there.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Dang I was hoping nobody else found that sword :p

Did I spill the beans? D:. Anyway, that's - by far - the best looking sword I've found so far. I actually got an OP transmute from Dread Legion to drop, which is a Battle Axe. It didn't look too suitable for a Paladin, so I've banked it. Funny enough, the inventory icon for it is a bright white square.
  • Options
    berlainberlain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dread Legion Axe on my Pally. We need to get a pic resource going, much like the Guardian Fighter thread.
    screenshot_2015-04-26-17-16-23_zps8bqfppoq.jpg~original

ETA: A better pic.
    screenshot_2015-04-26-17-14-12_zpsqtl3y0i2.jpg
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you go to PE and look around in Seven Suns Market, you'll find that all the low level GF swords from vendors (gold/AD/low level seals) are available for Paladins as well. They are not free transmut, but if you care about your character's looks that shouldn't matter. There are 4 or 5 swords models to chose from and a nice variety of shields as well.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    caladon2caladon2 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well it is nice to see an axe transmute, its a pity that it looks like your gal used a bedazzler on it.

Im currently using the Longsword of the Fey, similar to a scimitar, only downside its worn on your back, under your shield.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    caladon2 wrote: »
    Well it is nice to see an axe transmute, its a pity that it looks like your gal used a bedazzler on it.

Im currently using the Longsword of the Fey, similar to a scimitar, only downside its worn on your back, under your shield.

I'm using the Level 25 pvp shield transmute, and mace of black earth (which looks like a rocky spear).
    haha
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,